Author Topic: Milk and Dairy Products  (Read 71574 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Milk and Dairy Products
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2005, 09:07:00 PM »
For those born after 1900, odds ratios for farmers were increased in counties with the greatest numbers of egg-laying chickens and largest number of acres treated with herbicides. The types of leukemia causing elevated mortalities in Iowa farmers were chronic lymphatic and unspecified lymphatic. Mortality from unspecified lymphatic leukemia was associated with corn per acre, number of milk cows and number of egg-laying chickens.

American Journal of Epidemiology

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Bill Wennell

« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2005, 07:56:00 AM »
SOME FACTS ON MILK:

Milk is a very good source of calcium, but a very POOR source of utilizing that same calcium. In order for calcium to be digested and utilized there must be a corresponding amount of magnesium. Milk has about 300 ius of calcium per 8 oz but only about 30 ius of magnesium. Therefore 270 ius do not get utilized by the body. Where does this unused portion go? Directly into your arteries as plaque waiting utilization that will probably never happen. Milk should NOT be seen as a source of calcium.

What about protein? Milk is a good source of protein, right? Wrong again. There are two kinds of proteins (generally). Animal proteins have a center molecule of sulfur and plant proteins have a different center molecule (a believe it is iron but will get back to you on this). The importance of which is this: the sulfur in animal protein makes the human body acidic and leeches calcium from the body to encapsulate the offending sulfur in order to remove it. The end result is that from years of eating/drinking animal products is a loss of calcium (osteoporosis - which is a disease of calcium LOSS not inadequate calcium intake, there is a difference).

What about cow's milk and children? Do our children NEED cow's milk? Absolutely NOT, if this were so then God made a terrible mistake in giving children human milk. Look at studies on the composition of human vs. cow's milk and you will see a big difference in fat content, protein content, and other vital factors (such as casein). Why? Because cow's milk was made (by God) for calves and mother's milk for children. Humans are the only created beings that seem to think they need to continue to drink a liquid that every other being knows is only for young mammals. There have been links between cow's milk and MANY childhood diseases from earaches to juvenile diabetes. And don't buy into the fact you need to use a formula then (even soy) if you have stopped nursing or have chosen not to nurse. My wife was making her own "formulas" with oatmeal, almonds, cashews, dates, coconuts, etc (different versions using these, and other, natural ingredients). Our babies are very healthy, even though one has an allergy to soy products.

About soymilks: Don't drink your Silk! It has an ingredient in it called "carregenan" which, although natural, needs a process to extract it that brings other chemicals into the equasion. We use a soy milk maker that is extremely easy to use and costs pennies a quart vs. Silk. Plus, Silk (and others) and processed on REAL milk machines! Add in that you can't kill prions and you have the possibility of contamination in your store-bought processed soy milk. Silk has had recalls due to cow's milk in their soy milk!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but fore-warned is fore-armed!

------------------
Bill Wennell
BiblicalTruths2000@Juno.com

Bill Wennell<BR>Medical-missionary Brazil<BR>BiblicalTruths2000@Juno.com

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2005, 09:01:00 AM »
Some who have been warned continue to drink milk because it is "pasteurized". This is a rejection of the counsel we have been given. At the time we were instructed about the dangers of meat eating we were told to sterilize the milk and to raise our own cow. We were then told that the day would come when we would have to give up all animal products.

So, those who think  that pasteurization is killing the disease did not get the message. No heat will stop the transfer of some diseases. This is what we were told. This is why it is unsafe to drink milk today. The animals are sick.

Now, that we better understand what we have been told through inspiration, let us look at the current situation in regards to milk. In the U.S. the dairy herds are infected with many diseases, but bovine leukemia is rampant. So, do we want our children to be drinking this virus? How about Mad Cow Disease? Oh, you say that BSE is not transferred via milk? Why is this thought to be so? Trust is misplaced when we use the logic being presented to us. Because science has not proved Mad Cow can be passed through milk it is safe to drink it. Even without inspired counsel this is foolishness.

An article published yesterday at nature.com reveals a study that indicates milk is a route of transmission for Scrapie, a spongiform disease like Mad Cow Disease.

Adriano Aguzzi, the lead researcher on the study, has not detected prions in milk itself, because it is difficult to analyse for the abnormal proteins. But he says he expects to find them.  A pathologist at the University of Zurich Hospital, Switzerland. Aguzzi says "It is unlikely that the prions are not in the milk...and the prospect is not a pleasant one."
nature.com

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Bill Wennell

« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2005, 06:58:00 AM »
It has already been substantiated that a man that died of vCJD was a vegetarian, but was lacto-ovo vegetarian. Any ideas where he got the disease?

Bill
USDA Meat Inspector
biblicaltruths2000@yahoo.com

Bill Wennell

« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2006, 10:19:00 AM »
Could Mad Cow-Like Diseases Spread Through the Milk of Infected Animals?

Cause of mad cow disease may be found in milk: study

By HELEN BRANSWELL

Thursday, November 17, 2005 Canadian Press

globeandmail.com

TORONTO - New research into prions, the infectious agents that cause mad cow-like diseases, has found them in the mammary glands of some sheep, raising questions about whether milk and milk products from infected animals could transmit the pathogens.

Prion experts were quick to insist the current potential risk to human health is low and may even be nil.

But they suggested the findings are a warning that if prion diseases in livestock aren't rigorously hunted for and rooted out, milk and products like cheeses and yogurt could be a potential route of transmission of prions to humans.

In humans, prions - highly infectious misfolded proteins - cause the brain wasting variant-Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease or CJD.

"I think the public health implications of this are profound . . . (and) need further investigation," Dr. Neil Cashman, Canada's leading expert on transmissible spongiform encephalopathies or TSEs, said Thursday.

TSEs are the class of diseases that includes bovine spongiform encephalopathy (BSE) or mad cow disease; chronic wasting disease, which affects wild ruminants such as elk; CJD and scrapie, which infects sheep. "I sincerely think that the human risk is very small or zero," said Dr. Cashman, a researcher at the University of British Columbia. "But we won't know that until further work has been done. This points up a gap in our understanding of BSE in particular that needs to be answered with further research."

Dr. Cashman was not involved in the research, which was published in a letter earlier this month in the journal Nature Medicine. The findings was reported by a team of scientists led by Dr. Adriano Aguzzi, one of the world's leading prion researchers. Dr. Aguzzi is based at the Institute of Neuropathology at University Hospital in Zurich, Switzerland.

His team had earlier shown that prions, once thought to be concentrated in the brain and central nervous system tissues of infected animals, actually migrate to other organs if those organs are inflamed because of infection. In a study published in January, they showed prions migrated to and propagated in the pancreas, kidney and liver of infected mice when inflammation of those organs was induced. Earlier this fall they showed that mice co-infected with a prion disease and inflammation of the kidneys shed prions in their urine.

Dr. Aguzzi decided to study an animal that had more implications for human health. So he found and bought a flock of Sardinian sheep, some of which had problems with both scrapie and mastitis - inflammation of the udder. Prions were found in the mammary glands of co-infected sheep and in macrophages - cells that the immune system uses to try to clear infection - those sheep generated, Dr. Aguzzi said in an interview from Zurich. "It turns out that if you have an inflammation of the mammary gland, the milk is full of macrophages. So it's not hard from there to infer that eventually you will end up with prions in the milk," he said. But Dr. Aguzzi's team has not yet isolated prions from milk, a complex task. "We are making progress. But we are not there yet," he said.

Experts believe scrapie prions aren't a threat to human health; it is believed humans are not susceptible to them. Humans are vulnerable to BSE prions. But no one yet knows if BSE prions are drawn to inflammation in the way mouse and scrapie prions are. Those studies have not yet been done. And there are fears that sheep and goat flocks could have been infected with BSE prions before the practice of mixing cattle offal into livestock feed was banned when it was shown to be spreading BSE.

To date only one goat, in France, has been found to be infected with BSE prions, but experts admit BSE and scrapie prions are exceedingly difficult to differentiate in ruminants such as sheep and goats. "These data would be very worrying if we still had a big epidemic of BSE, notably in small ruminants," said Dr. Jean-Philippe Deslys, a prion researcher with the French Atomic Energy Commission in Paris. "It indicates that we need to maintain a good surveillance, not to let this disease develop. Because we see that there are different possibilities for the agent to replicate." Dr. Aguzzi said for now, he has no plans to drop dairy products from his diet. "I don't want to stress too much the implications for human health. I think it's early days," he said. "This is of course something that needs to be investigated. I would not want to provoke a wave of panic. And if that helps, I may add that I'm not going to stop eating sheep's cheese."

------------------
Bill Wennell
USDA Meat & Poultry Inspector
BiblicalTruths2000@Juno.com

[This message has been edited by Richard Myers (edited 01-25-2006).]

Liane H

• http://
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2006, 02:04:00 AM »
Hi Brother Bill:

Thanks for the updated report. It is good that these new reports are presented as they are needed to remind us of the dangers.

Out of sight also means out of mind, so we need to keep before in our minds the dangers that are out there and the risk we are taking with ourselves and our families.

Liane, the Zoo Mama  

Liane, the Zoo Mama
Romans 8:19   For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Tammy

• The Narrow Way Ministries
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2006, 04:58:00 AM »
I was raised a vegetarian, but my family still ate lots of sugar and too much junk food.  I was unhealthy as a kid growing up and when I was 13, and had been in bed, coughing for two weeks, I read Counsels on Diet and Foods.  It was so interesting for me!  I remember coming down the stairs and telling my parents that I wasn't going to eat any more sugar or drink any more milk.  Well, they all thought that I was passing through some "phase" and would "straighten out" eventually.  Thank God, I never went back on my decision.  It wasn't easy, as all of my family were SDA's and sometimes when we were going to someone's house for dinner, they were embarrassed by me, (as I wouldn't eat anything that I couldn't read the ingredient label first)and they would tell me, "Don't read the labels, just be polite and eat the food."  Well, I told them they may as well leave me home, then.  Of course they saw that as being rebellious...

I am 45, have been a vegetarian all my life, and a vegan for over 30 years.  Thank the Lord, I have no cavaties, and I have 5 kids who have no cavaties, either.  

When we are not on the road, we make our own soymilk, with the SoyToy Machine.  It makes very nice milk, very inexpensively.  I just add a little oil, honey, vanilla and salt.

My husband and I owned a health food store for 10 years and we held vegetarian cooking classes.  If anyone would like some vegan recipes for cheese and "dairy foods", I'd be happy to email them to you.

Have a good day!  Tammy

"Christ is waiting with longing desire for the manifestation of Himself in His church. When the character of Christ shall be perfectly reproduced in His people... He will come to claim them as His own

WendyForsyth

• http://
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2006, 10:55:00 AM »
Thank you for your testimony Tammy.  :)

God bless,
Wendy

I have no doubt that God considers you to be one of His friends; otherwise He would not trust you with so many crosses, sufferings and humiliations. Crosses are God's means of drawing souls closer to Himself.

Fenelon

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2006, 03:56:00 PM »
Sister Tammy, sounds like you have educated yourself in the area of health. We have a topic for healthful recipies that include all the counsels we have been given. Post them there if you want.  Cutting Edge Recipies

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2008, 05:38:30 PM »
Many who drink milk and feed it to their children are not aware of the common practice of feeding calves other than cow milk. It is a shameful thing to find out that calves have been fed protein from dead cows and other animals. It has been outlawed since it was discovered that Mad Cows can transmit their disease to other cows via animal protein. Now, it is thought safe to feed tallow to these calves, at least the new regs in the US allowed that in 2004. So, for those who still are using dairy for food, you may want to consider that tallow is being fed to calves. 

Livestock producers who have been feeding any of the
now prohibited blood products, poultry litter or plate waste
will now have to find alternative protein sources to feed.
The new changes also may impact calf health on some
farms. Prohibition of products derived from ruminant blood
and blood products will include colostrum replacers and
supplements and milk replacer supplements made from bovine
serum or plasma.
While colostrum supplements derived from
milk or colostrum will still be available, there is evidence that
the IgG absorption from these products is less than that from
supplements derived from bovine plasma. Some of the
products that will no longer be available include Lifeline™,
Acquire™, Secure!™, NutraPro B™, and Gammulin™.
Producers using these products will need to find alternative
products and focus more attention on quality colostrum
management to ensure healthy calves.
It is important to note that tallow and animal fat are not
prohibited under the new BSE feed rule. The rendering process
effectively separates fat from protein, and since the prion
believed to cause BSE is a protein, feeding tallow is not
considered a risk for spreading BSE.
source

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #50 on: February 29, 2008, 06:44:07 PM »
These are startling reports. An ironic thing is this: The cost of buying milk, eggs, and dairy products in general are, right now, at the top of the most expensive things in the grocery stores. Wheat products, too - but the products made from cow's milk are at an all-time high. How much better off the public would be just to quit consuming these things altogether. They would not have the health risks AND they could save their money.

How can this information be better disseminated to the public?
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #51 on: February 29, 2008, 07:09:15 PM »
The Seventh-day Adventist Church was given the light to share with the world. Mothers and fathers think their children need milk to be healthy. Such a lie! The healthiest people in the world are third generation strict vegetarians who eat the original Bible diet.  Milk at one time was a healthful food, but no longer. It is full of disease, especially Bovine Leukemia Virus.

Seventh-day Adventists are responsible for much of the cancer being contracted if we do not share the light  we have been given. Such a blessing to share with those who want to know how to be healthy.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2008, 09:06:02 PM »
There is concern by some that Mad Cow Disease is being transmitted to humans through infected meat. How about through milk?  Not much has been said about milk transmitting Mad Cow Disease. Well....here is a recent conclusion regarding milk and the transmission of Scrapie (the sheep version of Mad Cow Disease).

The presence of PrPd in distal ileum and rectal mucosa indicates transmission of scrapie from ewe to lamb via milk (or colostrum) although it is not yet clear if such cases would go on to develop clinical disease.   
Evidence of scrapie transmission via milk Timm Konold , S JO Moore , Susan J Bellworthy  and Hugh A Simmons  BMC Veterinary Research 2008, 4:14doi:10.1186/1746-6148-4-14   Published: 8 April 2008

Suzanne

« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2008, 10:35:55 AM »
Going over my notes this past weekend I found this:

*  Milk is nature's most perfect food for a baby calf, who has 4 stomachs; will double its weight in 47 days and is destined to weigh 300 pounds within a year. 

*  The enzyme necessary for digestion of milk is lactase.  20% of Caucasian children and 80% of Black children have no lactase in their intestines.

*  The amount of calories as fat in whole milk is 50%.

Suzanne

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2008, 12:41:43 PM »
Pardon me if this has already been mentioned, but does it ever occur to anyone that humans are the only mammals which keep drinking milk after they have been weaned?  Does this make any sense?  I've always wondered who the first person was who decided they could drink milk from a cow, goat, reindeer, or whatever.
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2008, 03:56:54 PM »
I have spread that fact far and near with my extended family - humans continue to consume another species' milk into old age. It is unheard of in the animal kingdom. All become weaned.

What do I get? Blank stares.
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Sister Dee

« Reply #56 on: July 22, 2008, 09:59:33 AM »
The dairy industry has done its job well.  And then there is all the indoctrination of children in schools concerning the daily intake of dairy products.  You take your child to the doctor and they want to make sure he or she is getting enough milk.  It's the American mindset.  

Wally

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #57 on: July 22, 2008, 01:59:56 PM »
The dairy industry has done its job well.  And then there is all the indoctrination of children in schools concerning the daily intake of dairy products.  You take your child to the doctor and they want to make sure he or she is getting enough milk.  It's the American mindset.  

I have experienced this mindset first hand.  When my dad was still living, he and his wife were afraid our kids weren't properly nourished because they ate no meat, eggs, or milk.  But they couldn't see the connection between the fact that our "malnourished" kids were running circles around her "well fed" grandkids of a similar age.  My wife and I found it quite comical, but also rather sad.  Truth is hard to come by, and harder to impart to others.

This reminds me of something that one of my customers told me yesterday.  We can communicate information around the world in a fraction of a second, but sometimes it takes years to communicate information through a quarter of an inch thick skull bone.
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

Jason B

• A Cruce Salus...SOla Scriptura.....Acta Non Verba
« Reply #58 on: July 25, 2008, 12:42:49 PM »
I would like to add that milk for me does not taste good anymore,and once you try soy milk at least for me you will forget about milk forever ;D.
I think Wally another question along with what you said about who was the first person who decided to drink cows milk was is who was the first person who thought it was tasty to drink rotten fermented things called Beer and wine ;D

Wally

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #59 on: July 25, 2008, 04:01:47 PM »
who was the first person who thought it was tasty to drink rotten fermented things called Beer and wine ;D

Well, we know that it goes back at least af far as Noah.  Who did he learn it from?