Author Topic: Milk and Dairy Products  (Read 71601 times)

Gerry C. Wagoner

Re: Milk and Dairy Products
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2003, 03:59:00 PM »
Lika whey milk is very tasty (kind of a vanilla taste) and reasonable. It can be purchased through Legacy
http://www.meadowfresh.com/Welcome1.html.

We buy a couple of cases of this stuff every six months.  Tastes great.

Gerry

Sister Marie

• May God's Light Shine On Us All
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2003, 07:29:00 PM »
Brother Gerry,

What is Lika whey milk? I mean what does it come from, made of?

Also, the website did not go through for me. Could anyone else get it?

------------------
With Christian Love,
Sister Marie

With Christian Love,
Marie

WendyForsyth

• http://
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2003, 11:50:00 AM »
Brother Gerry,

That is still dairy products. What would be the difference then? I found soy on sale for a really great price and bought 22 of those quart containers. They were only $1.50 a piece and very yummy.

God bless,
Wendy

I have no doubt that God considers you to be one of His friends; otherwise He would not trust you with so many crosses, sufferings and humiliations. Crosses are God's means of drawing souls closer to Himself.

Fenelon

Sister Marie

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2003, 03:00:00 PM »
It is most often $.98 PER each here at Winco's in Chico. Last time $1.18. Nothing to be mentioning today. But it is amazing how wonderful God is in bringing the cost of these things down so much. That is the main reason I don't make it anymore.  :)

------------------
With Christian Love,
Sister Marie

With Christian Love,
Marie

Suzanne

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2003, 10:14:00 AM »
Has anyone tried a soy milk making machine? There are at least 3-brand names on the market. I don't have much info at this time, but one ad said their machine made delicious soy milk very inexpensively. Will look up further info when I get a chance.

~Suzanne~

WendyForsyth

« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2003, 10:31:00 AM »
Absolutely Sister Glass.

Sister Suzanne, I want to get one of those machines but never seem to have the spare cash. I am on food stamps right now as we don't have any income so I buy the soymilk with those. I hope I can get one some day though. I hear the SoyJoy is really good.

wf

I have no doubt that God considers you to be one of His friends; otherwise He would not trust you with so many crosses, sufferings and humiliations. Crosses are God's means of drawing souls closer to Himself.

Fenelon

Sister Marie

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2003, 02:22:00 PM »
We have a Vita Mix and it works quite well. How does the Soy Milk Maker work?

------------------
With Christian Love,
Sister Marie

With Christian Love,
Marie

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2003, 06:02:00 PM »
Sorry to miss your post, Sister Wendy.  :(

Not all milk has leukemia virus in it. Which glass has it?  Not all meat has BSE. Which hamburger does? It is not worth the risk to the health of our children to use a food that has such risk. God's original diet for man is the best. In some places in the world it is not good to share these things until substitute foods are provided.

The U.S. cow infected with Mad Cow Disease was a dairy cow. This is being pointed out by the ranchers who sell their cattle to the meat industry.

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

WendyForsyth

« Reply #28 on: December 26, 2003, 12:26:00 AM »
That's okay Brother Richard. :)

Well, this mad cow right in my backyard has finally convinced my kids that they DO NOT want to eat meat and dairy. It's been very difficult because with two dads that do not agree with veganism, it has been hard to convince the kids to stand up for veganism or even vegetarianism when with their dads and I'm not there. So I'm grateful to the Lord that finally something has got through to them. I don't have to stress about it because God is handling it. :) Praise the Lord!

Thanks for writing back Brother Richard. :) I'm glad to hear from you.

God bless,
Wendy

Fenelon

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2003, 06:48:00 AM »
Dear Sister Wendy, we continue to pray for your family. When we have done all that we can do, we know that God will here our prayers for our children.  :)  Children are put in a very difficult situation in cases like yours. We cannot expect them to be strong enough to resist such temptations until they are thoroughly converted and even then, when we take our eyes off of Jesus for a moment, the power to resist the craving of a perverted appetite is gone.

Because the milk is mixed from many cows, there seems to me to be a higher risk than even eating flesh. Many have not received a proper education as to why dairy is not essential for good health. The dairy industry has done a superb job of educating little ones to believe they need dairy to have good health. We have a work to do to re-educate these now adults who fear for the health of their own children. God will help.  :)

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Liane H

« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2003, 08:01:00 AM »
Hate to admit this but I have still been drinking milk up to this point. I had felt as long as I was drinking organic milk I was doing better than most.

As a child I drank up to a half gallon of milk a day. My parents could not keep up with me in my consumption of drinking it.

Even as a young adult milk was my main drink each day along with soda.

Last night I had an interesting thought about organic milk. My thought was yes they may be feeding these cows correctly, but what about the past of these cows. Where did they come from? How long have they had them? Where the parent cows fed and raised organic?

Without the history of these cows that are PRESENTLY being cared for, not knowing the past history of these cows could be just as dangerous as the regular milk.

It has raised my realization that  the time to stop drinking milk has come as much as I have enjoyed the taste.

Anyone know what brand of soy milk machine would be good to buy?          

Liane

Liane, the Zoo Mama
Romans 8:19   For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

WendyForsyth

« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2003, 12:48:00 PM »
Nothing to admit Sister Liane. We are all at different places in our walk with regards to the health message. We all do our best with the situation we have such as Brother Richard has said. I've come to see the blessing in Howard separating from me. Since he put me aside, I am no longer bound to his wishes in my own home. It is very painful because I still love him, but I have to realize that now I am no longer compelled to feed my children meat and dairy because he tells me I must. The judge awarded Howard only two days a month with the kids(with overnight which I'm not happy about), and those are the only two days a month I have to worry about my children being pressured to do things they know are wrong. My marriage may be lost, but my children will be preserved and this is all I can ask for. I will continue to pray for Howard's salvation however.

I will pray for you Liane and I'd appreciate your prayers for me. Dairy is very difficult for me to give up in spite of the knowledge I have. Also I crave your prayers and others in regards to coffee. I avoid it as much as possible, but there are occasions where I get severe migraines that are only cured by caffeine. I am sure this is from my previous years of caffeine addiction. None of us is alone in these struggles. The Lord is with us and we are there for each other.

God bless,
Wendy

Fenelon

Liane H

« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2003, 02:30:00 PM »
Hi Sister WendyF:

Sorry to read the news of you and Howard. It is most hard on the children. Your family is always in my prayers and will continue to be, but I will pray more specific of your requests.

It is very interesting in what has a hold on us and what does not. When I became a Seventh-day Adventist, giving up pig meat was so easy and lobster and shell fish. Did not take a second thought.

Then I went to beef, could not stand it anymore with those sad brown eyes and that has been fifteen years now.

But still held out for chicken, turkey and fish on occasion. Yet milk is my worse and I think there may be some deep feelings that are keeping me held to it.

Caffine was very easy for me to give up. I did not drink coffee, but a lot of coca cola and pepsi cola. They both have more caffine than any coffee one can drink and add the sugar that is my other weakness.  

That is how I got myself into this lifestyle health mess, but each day I learn and change and each step gets me further from the desire for these things and closer to God's plan.  

It is sad how much we hurt God with our weaknesses, but He keeps loving us and helps us to grow toward Him each day.

Liane

Liane, the Zoo Mama
Romans 8:19   For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Ele Holmes

• Moderator at Rest
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2003, 03:24:00 PM »
Liane,
   I have been using soy milk for more than 15 yars but could not drink it strait till this year when I fould Silk milk in the health food store in the refrigerator instead of on the shelf, although they have started to put it out on the shelf too.  But I have really enjoyed it and my grandson prefers it even though my son drinks regular milk all the time. (He is not veg. nor Christian).  Try it.  Let me know what you think.  Also, if you really want a treat, and you are not overweight, try almond milk, cashew milk, or milk home made from the soy beans.  You can add anything to this selection.    God bless....Ele
I do not understand ICQ, cookies, UBB, HTML, homepage???

Michelle

« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2003, 03:58:00 PM »
Ele--I, too, drink Silk.  When my second son was very little, I realized he had lactose intolerance and I started drinking no dairy (about 4 years ago).   When he started drinking liquid "milk", I tried EVERY soy milk on the market, and the only one that was palatable (IMO) was Silk.  My sons and I drink Silk exclusively (my second has never had dairy).  My advice--avoid the vanilla flavored Silk--it's nasty.  But the regular is very good.  I don't make my own (have considered it, but just haven't made/taken the time in my busy schedule to make it).

WendyF--I'm sorry for how things are happening in your family.  I pray for you and your children.  I'm glad that God is guiding your thoughts and helping you to see reasons for situations.  

M

Deb

« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2003, 06:13:00 PM »
I was convinced over 30 years ago to become a vegetarian at the age of 15. My SDA parents ate only clean meats. Interestingly it was at the time of my conversion--the very first thing I was convicted of! It was not easy because I liked chicken and fish. I would be severely tempted. The meat substitutes is what helped me get off it completely.

Once I was at my parents home visiting (I was still single but living away from home) my sister was cooking some beef bacon for my dad. It smelled SO good to me and I was really hungry. I prayed in my heart and asked God to please help me with this new temptation. One second after that quick prayer my sister looked up at me and asked if she could cook some "stripples" for me. I breathed a sigh of relief and said YES. Praise the Lord!!

Then milk went out of my house the year I was married. My husband was raised vegan but was using dairy at the time we married. I was a big milk drinker. But we visited his parents and they used soy milk on their cereal and I liked it. I was convinced to give up milk. That was over 20 years ago.

We are not strictly vegan yet but almost there. And after this mad cow disease showing up in the USA, we are even closer to becoming totally vegan.

But we raised our children vegetarian/vegan and they have not one cavity today! And they are very healthy. We never even had a "family" doctor when they were growing up because we didn't need one.

But we changed our diet as we found substitutes. God told us that there would be good substitutes made for us. And with the abundance of wonderful fruits, vegetables, nuts and grains...going vegan today has been made easy compared to 50 years ago! We really are quite spoiled today.

Sister Marie

« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2003, 06:24:00 PM »
Dear Wendy,

I am also very happy to hear your being able to see the good in the way things are going for you. I thought I was going to die when it happened to me. Then one day I realized God's allowing that to happen was a big blessing in my life. Then I could move and find a place where I could find a SDA school for my children. I had no money, but for some reason I did not think about that, I just did it and it all turned out alright. I could then teach my children the meatless diet which I had been on before getting married. I was free to train them up as I felt the Lord wanted me to. Instead of crying anymore, I had them with me and I Praised God that I could be so blessed.

I had to walk through a very black time first, but when we put our trust in God, He can see us through "anything".
Hold on Sister, Jesus is making it for you too.  :)

------------------
With Christian Love,
Sister Marie

With Christian Love,
Marie

WendyForsyth

« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2003, 10:30:00 PM »
Thank you to all my sisters! Big hugs!

It became very clear to me that it is indeed possible to make an idol out of a person, and hold them in higher esteem than God. I realized that I was doing "anything" to keep Howard or entice him back with me. Then one day it became clear to me that I was making Howard my God, and I was sacrificing my relationship with God for the one with Howard. I had to make a decision. Howard will always be my earthly best friend, my soul mate, but when he is in my home life is tumultuous and stressful, as well as me feeling opressed and needing to compromise my convictions to Howard's will. I will not go back to that. Thank you all for your love and prayers. :)

God bless,
Wendy

Fenelon

Felix Florimon, MD

• http://www.misalud.com
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2003, 01:30:00 PM »

Sister Sutton, you made a very basic and obvious fact that we need to really take into account:  “About calcium: Let's just think about it--where does the cow, elephant, hippo, rhino, etc. get their calcium that helps make strong bones and teeth? Do we see any lack here? They get it from plant sources: green plants, etc.”

It is true that the cow, elephant, etc. obtain their calcium only from plant sources. However, in order for calcium to be well absorbed we need a good source of vitamin D and a significant portion of our vitamin D comes from exposure to sunlight. Vitamin D plays a major role in calcium absorption and bone health. The relationship between calcium absorption and vitamin D is similar to that of a locked door and a key. Vitamin D is the key that unlocks the door and allows calcium to leave the intestine and enter the bloodstream. Vitamin D also works in the kidneys to help reabsorb calcium that otherwise would be excreted.

Vitamin D is manufactured in the skin following direct exposure to sunlight. The amount of vitamin D produced in the skin varies depending on time of day, latitude, season, and skin pigmentation. Many individuals are afraid of prolonged sun exposure due to the potential damage that overexposure to ultraviolet light can do like premature skin aging or melanoma.

Another reason the cow, elephant, etc. are able to keep strong bones only through plant sources is because besides having more prolonged sun exposure than humans living in well developed countries, they are more dependent on physical activities for their daily survival. In a similar way, in under-developed countries, the incidence of osteoporosis is less than in other parts of the civilized world because people are forced to have more prolonged exposure to sunlight and because they have a less mechanized way for performing their daily activities.

I do believe that we should avoid dairy products as much as possible because of the potential allergies they may provoke, the high cholesterol and the challenge they represent to our immune system. However, we need to be aware of the limitations imposed to us through our modern way of living. I believe that if we are going to avoid dairy products, we should also make an effort to do more physical exercise, have some healthy exposure to sunlight and use vitamin supplements wisely.

FF

Liane H

« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2003, 03:04:00 PM »
Dr. Felix thank you so much for the post.

When we look at the way God made this planet it He planned it very well that one thing falls upon another for a complete action for our health and well being.

The circle you presented of calcium through plants, Vt D through sunlight and exercise in the outdoors all are a combinded support system to keep us healthy.

It is sad that we need suppliments, but in this day and  age unless one grows their own food plants, it is better to take some form of suppliments for health.

Liane  

Liane, the Zoo Mama