Author Topic: Milk and Dairy Products  (Read 71586 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Milk and Dairy Products
« on: August 28, 2000, 07:39:00 AM »
Some may be wondering if children can grow up healthy without drinking cow milk? Or if children can grow up healthy drinking cow milk.  What are the considerations of parents who make the decision about milk for their children?

Here is a short clip on the hidden dangers in milk when cows are infected with Leukemia Virus.   

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Michelle

• http://
Re: Milk and Dairy Products
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2000, 09:09:00 PM »
Thanks for posting this.  I've been wondering.  My three year old drinks cow's milk with no problem.  My 14 month old had problems with it when I drank it and he nursed!  He's on soy milk right now and doing fine, though I have to be careful to make sure about the calcium (which is I think the big thing about not drinking cow's milk).  Some soy milk is not fortified so has little calcium.  It also has little fat, so I'm not sure what ramifications that has, as a child is recommended to drink whole milk from age one to age two.

I've read calcium alternatives, but from what I remember of my nutrition class in college, many of these are not well absorbed.  So I'm wondering as well what is the best thing to do.

Suzanne

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2000, 07:59:00 AM »
About calcium: Let's just think about it--where does the cow, elephant, hippo, rhino, etc. get their calcium that helps make strong bones and teeth?  Do we see any lack here? They get it from plant sources: green plants, etc. These are the same sources that we can get our calcium from. Leafy green vegetables, broccoli, almonds, sesame seeds, other seeds and nuts are all good sources and should be utilized by vegetarians.

Let's carefully and prayerfully study up on the subject and utilize the various natural products God has provided for us.

Good health to all,
Sr. Suzanne

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2000, 07:10:00 AM »
I was reared with a firm belief that I should eat three square meals a day. The four food groups were necessary for life itself. I now know it was all untrue. The healthiest people in the world do not eat from the four food groups. The issues of protein and calcium intake have been misrepresented to those of us in the United States and probably in many of the developed countries where heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, stroke, and cancer are rampant.

When my sister in law told me, almost 30 years ago that she was going to quit eating meat, I told her she would die. I really believed it. It was just like Sunday, everybody knew you needed meat for good health just like Sunday is the day of rest. Everybody knows this! Well, guess what? We have been deceived. Meat and milk are not healthy today and we never needed either to have good health.  The healthiest people I know are third generation strict vegetarians. They don't get sick and they don't have cavities in their teeth.

As Sister Suzanne has suggested, we need to study the matter out for ourselves and not trust in what we have been told. Epidemiological studies will show that those who have very little animal products suffer much less from those diseases that are killing modern man who eats his three square meals a day. I find it amazing that butter and ice cream are part of the three square meals a day program. They have calcium an protein that we have to have.

Modern women and men suffer from an epidemic of osteoporosis. Not the men and women in the poorer countries. Why, since we get so much calcium in our three square meals a day diet? The answer is found in the Bible and the original diet that God gave to man after sin entered our world. What was the difference between our diet before sin and after sin, and what we eat today?
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2000, 09:17:00 PM »
A Laodicean church cannot be expected to have the faith that will go contrary to what one was taught as truth from a young age. If we are going to trust in what God has said when we find it contrary to what "great men" say, we must have a living and abiding relationship with Jesus. We must look beyond what we see with our eyes to what the Word says. I don't believe it is simple coincidence that today the General Conference Nutrition Council, released a news statement in which they caution strict vegetarians. “You are standing on shaky ground if you don’t use the USDA pyramid,” says Stoy Proctor, chairperson of the council. He was referring to the official United States Department of Agriculture’s (USDA) food pyramid. The article begins by saying they have a new plant based pyramid that the council has put together. Further in the statement they say "the Total Plant Food Guide advises two to three servings of low-fat dairy fortified alternatives, including supplements, a day to<BR>make up for the lack of dairy products."

We have God inspired testimony that says "soon" we would have to quit using all animal products including milk and eggs because of the danger from the diseases in the animals. Instead of encouraging our people to use the USDA food pyramid, we should be encouraging people to quit using it. Much milk and many milk products contain the bovine leukemia virus. It is rampant in the U.S. herds. We don't need to know this, we just need to know what God has been gracious enough to tell us. "Soon" we will have to give up all animal products. That was over a hundred years ago. Soon has long since come.

It is time to study the matter out for the sake of our children as well as our selves. There are some countries where the people are not in a position to do much about the situation for they are poor and have no source of nutrition except for milk and meat, and sometimes pork. We are not to urge upon them a diet that does not provide proper nutrition. We should attempt to help them secure healthy alternatives before telling them they need to modify their diet.

Let us ask for more of God's Spirit that we might nor err in this important matter. Each must decide the issue for himself. If cancer is being transferred through animal products then it is important to know this. If there are other life threatening diseases that are being transferred through animal products we want to know this. The information is readily available, but it will do little good for those that do not believe you can live on the diet God gave us to begin with.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2000, 10:27:00 AM »
There  are many sick today and they above all others need to know what the risks are to them when they consume dairy products. The immune system has been compromised and is struggling to overcome the infectious disease within the body and the last thing it needs is to have a load of bovine leukemia virus from milk flowing through the body. This is a very difficult subject for many in the church, but for the sake of the children and the sick, study the matter out and if the milk is not infected with disease then bring forth the evidence that would contradict the inspired counsel and the science of today.

Those who have not the light that we have could be expected to resist this truth, but for those who have been entrusted with divine inspiration on the subject, what excuse have we to resist the truth?

Liane H

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2000, 05:33:00 PM »
I drank milk all my life up to 6 months ago. I too was under the illusion that you had to have your milk.

I also stopped eating meat, even though it was only chicken, turkey and fish for years after I stopped red meat years and years ago.

After stopping the milk, low and behold, I could breath.  Don't like the smog, but I am smelling things for the first time in my life.  I was told over and over again that I just had small passageways, but now I know that not to be true.

Dr. Thrash has a book out about food sensitivity.  I think that all of us should do this test and we might just find out how healthy we could be by stopping certain foods that effect us everyday.

I have more energy now than I did when I was 20 years old and I am now 56. So that says something about how you feel after cutting out meat and milk in your diet.

Well if it was good enough for our first parents and Daniel, then it should be good enough for me.

Liane  

Liane, the Zoo Mama
Romans 8:19   For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Suzanne

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2000, 10:17:00 AM »
GOT HAIR?

While genes may play a role in determining whether or not one becomes bald, evidence now shows that what we eat may dictate how fast you lose your hair.

Rsearchers from the Harvard University School of Public Health in Boston examined hair loss patterns of 51 elderly Greek men. Those with the LEAST amount of hair had the highest blood levels of two hormones: testosterone and insulinlike growth factor 1 (IGF-1). Some researchers speculate that a high-fat, low-fiber diet that is also rich in meat may raise levels of free testosterone, and consumption of milk and other dairy products may boost IGF-1 levels. (IGF-1 is found primarily in milk.)

Indeed, a 1990 study found that vegans had substantially higher levels of sex hormone-binding globulin, a protein that removes testosterone from the body, than omnivores did. And a 1992 study showed that men who ate a vegetarian diet for 6 weeks had lower levels of testosterone than men on a meat-rich diet.

Neal Barnard, MD., president of the Washington, D.C.-based Physicians Committee for Responsible medicine, thinks that consumption of fiber is key to keeping your hair. "Low levels of fiber in the diet cause the natural mechanism for eliminating testosterone from the body to be disabled. Milk, eggs, cheese, red meat, chicken, and fish--none of these foods have any fiber."  --Natural Health, Oct. 2000

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2000, 06:02:00 PM »
In hopes of discouraging some that may think drinking goats milk is better than cows milk, I would not encourage this. It may be the goats are healthier and it may be they are not. All animals are suffering under the consequences of man's sin. One of the great dangers in drinking goat's milk is that many times it is used raw. Fearful thought that any milk would be consumed raw. Even in Ellen White's day the counsel was to sterilize the milk being used from healthy cows.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2001, 07:00:00 PM »
Is it possible that some in the world are discovering the relationship between cow milk and cancer?  The following site reveals this to be the case:

abcnews.go.com/sections/community/2020/chat_breastcancer010118.html

Suzanne

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2001, 09:58:00 AM »
COW'S MILK LINKED TO DIABETES

A new study reported in the journal "Diabetes" has linked cow's milk to juvenile, or insulin-dependent, diabates. Researchaers from Finland studied infants who had relatives with diabetes, feeding them formula with and without cow's milk until the age of 6 to 8 months. The babies fed cow's milk had a higher immune response to cow insulin than those not given cow's milk.

There was, however, no difference in the groups' reactions to human insulin. The researchers conclude that in some predisposed children, early exposure to cow's milk may trigger an immune reaction to insulin.  --Diabetes, 2000; 49: 1657-1665.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2001, 07:51:00 PM »
The American Academy of Pediatricians recommended no cow milk be fed to babies under age one about six or seven years ago. They were concerned that there is a relationship between type one diabetes (juvenile) and cow milk in these babies.

It is so very sad that even with this evidence that so many still refuse to warn the world of this deadly situation. When the evidence becomes so great that none can refute it, what then will we say?

Richard

Suzanne

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2001, 08:16:00 AM »
MILK NOT BEST SOURCE OF CALCIUM

Doctors and dietitians from the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM) recently unveiled a hard-hitting advertising campaign showing that milk is useless against bone breaks.

The Harvard Nurses' Health study, which followed 78,000 women over a 12-year period, shows that milk-drinkers had, if anything, more bone breaks than women who rarely drank milk. Other studies have shown the same results. "It is vital to understand that milk is useless against osteoporosis...Milk is no substitute for exercise, avoiding animal protein and sodium that deplete calcium, and other factors," says Neal D. Barnard, M.D., president of PCRM.

"Other excellent sources of calcium include green leafy vegetables, beans and calcium lsupplements," says Patricia Bertron, R.D., director of nutrition for PCRM.  --Let's Live, June 1999.

Suzanne

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2001, 08:44:00 PM »
MILK ALLRGY SUSPECTED IN CHILD CONSTIPATION

Children with chronic constipation may be allrgic to cow's milk and may get relief by switching to soy milk, according to a study in "The New England Journal of Medicine."

Medical researchers looked at 65 youngsters under 6 who were taken to gastrointestinal experts for chronic constipation. All were drinking cow's milk or milk-based infant formula, or eating other dairy products.

The children were fed soy milk for two weeks, then switched to cow's milk for 2 weeks, or vice versa. Two-thirds of the children improved while drinking soy milk and became constipated when they drank cow's milk. The study included only children for whom there was no other clear cause of constipation.  --Los Angeles Times, 10-19-98

"The human body has no more need for cows' milk than it does for dogs' milk, horses' milk, or giraffes' milk." --Michael Klaper, M.D. speech, 7-19-85.

[This message has been edited by Suzanne Sutton (edited 10-21-2001).]

WendyForsyth

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2003, 11:02:00 AM »
Aside from the above, how do you respond to the "organic" milks that are now available that do not have all the hormones etc in them? And does it go without saying that all milk is infected with Bovine Leukemia Virus?

Help?

wf

I have no doubt that God considers you to be one of His friends; otherwise He would not trust you with so many crosses, sufferings and humiliations. Crosses are God's means of drawing souls closer to Himself.

Fenelon

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2003, 05:15:00 PM »
We go by the counsel have been given first. Not all animals were infected with TB or cancer when God gave the warning message to not eat flesh. Then He said through a prophet tha the time would soon come to refrain from eating any animal product because of the increasing disease in the animals.

If we study the matter, we find that the time has long since come that the milk and eggs of animals is dangerous. 150 years ago, milk was to be sterilized. Today this is not enough. As an example that we understand, BSE is not inactivated by heat. I think we shall find that cancer is being transmitted in ways we have not understood.

If we were dependent upon milk, it would be a difficult situation, but we are not in most places today. Yes, there are some places that we are not to teach this until we provide a substitute.

As for the danger from Bovine Leukemia. When a cow is milked her milk is mixed with that of many other cows. I find that a designation of "organic" may even pose a greater hazard with some foods, since it exposes them to the dung of cows which carry the deadly strain of e-coli. There is so much evidence of the problems with animals today that it does not take long to convince the honest of heart that they need to make some changes in their diet. This is especially true with children. I sorrow as I contemplate the mother who thinks her child needs cow milk and therefore provides it daily. I really do sorrow.

WendyForsyth

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2003, 08:17:00 AM »
What if someone has children that are unhappy with substitutes, or cannot afford them. I know that milk can be homemade, but if someone is resistant to all of this but is still concerned about their children's health, how would you present the issue to them?

By the way thank you for the clear way you presented the above Richard. I get all tongue-tied and you made it much clearer than I ever can. :)

God bless,
wf

I have no doubt that God considers you to be one of His friends; otherwise He would not trust you with so many crosses, sufferings and humiliations. Crosses are God's means of drawing souls closer to Himself.

Fenelon

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2003, 08:54:00 PM »
Sister Wendy, we can't convince others, but if they will study the matter, they will find that they will do just fine if they will learn how the body functions. The B-12 issue is the most difficult and it helps to know some third generation strict vegetarians. It is also a blessing to have a few medical doctors that are educated in God's ways. I would recommend the books written by the Doctors Thrash. They have been a great blessing to my family.

And of course the Bible is the ultimate authority. When I first became a strict vegetarian I was convinced by the Bible, not by science. The original diet is very persuasive. And, if a Seventh-day Adventist, the Spirit of Prophecy tells us that the use of animal products will be unhealthy.

WendyForsyth

« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2003, 08:53:00 AM »
Thank you Brother Richard. :)

wf

Fenelon

Sister Marie

• May God's Light Shine On Us All
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2003, 01:48:00 PM »
We are living in a fulfillment of Prophecy in that Ellen White told us that a time would come that we would have to give up milk. This is the time. There are things in milk that we would never want to digest normally. Modernization has not helped one bit.

If we truly believe we are living in the end times, then when else would E.W. have been talking about that we will need to give milk up (all animal products) then now? Either we believe what is told to us or we don't pay attention.

As far as taste goes. The soymilk they sell now days are so much better than what I had to drink as a child. Also there is rice milk, which my daughter really likes. We also made our own quite a bit and added raisins to the blender or prunes or apples, etc... honey also. And we added other things like coconut sometimes. When blended in, the Soymilk is really better than milk could have ever been thought to be. (It leaves it in the dust so to speak)    :)

------------------
With Christian Love,
Sister Marie

[This message has been edited by Sister Glass (edited 03-21-2003).]

With Christian Love,
Marie