Author Topic: Diabetes  (Read 35350 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Diabetes
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2000, 11:07:00 AM »
Thank you again, Sister Suzanne.  :)

We should be very thankful that much of the difficulty we face is self inflicted. It means that in many cases we can reverse the process if we will catch it in time. Shall we heed the counsel or will we wait until it is too late?  :(

Richard

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Diabetes
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2004, 06:19:00 AM »
It is being reported on national news today that a lack of sleep causes increased levels of insulin. This information is being used to encourage those who want to lose weight to get enough sleep.  Increased levels of insulin is said to create difficulties in utilization of fat.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Ele Holmes

• Moderator at Rest
Diabetes
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2004, 06:25:00 AM »
Thank you so much Richard for the valuable information. With my Sleep Apnia I have many problems getting enough sleep throughout the night.
I do not understand ICQ, cookies, UBB, HTML, homepage???

Ele Holmes

• Moderator at Rest
Diabetes
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2004, 07:22:00 PM »
WORLD FACES DEVASTATING DIABETES EPIDEMIC

The world faces a devastating diabetes epidemic, with the annual death toll already exceeding the three million suffering from AIDS, and set to rise, the World Health Organization warned Wednesday.

Issuing a cry of alarm about the disease, the WHO and the International Diabetes Foundation said that the sufferers worldwide would more than double to 368 million by 2030, from some 171 million at  the present time.

It is in the poorer countries that diabetes is growing fastest, and will be seen rising 150 percent over the next 25 years, 32 million to 89 million. Furthermore while in rich states diabetes affects mainly older people.

Diabetes is often linked to obesity, which the WHO has already warned is rising in developing. It is determined environmentaly and therefore it can be reversed.

Some 3.2 million people died in 2000, the latest year for which figures were available, of ailments brought on by diabetes such as cardiovascular disease, and kidney failure.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
According to some of our SDA Doctors, it is one of the easiest diseases  to  reverse, and to cure.

I do not understand ICQ, cookies, UBB, HTML, homepage???

Suzanne

Diabetes
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2004, 11:30:00 AM »
Diabetes Linked to Alzheimer's

Having diabetes in middle age raises the odds of developing Alzheimer's disease by 65%, according to a new study focusing on a disturbing trend for an aging and overweight U.S. population.

Researchers found one of the strongest connections yet between diabetes--one of the fastest growing diseases in recent years--and Alzheimer's the disorder that threatens to overwhelm the health care system in years to come.

"Our confidence that diabetes is linked to
Alzheimer's is pretty strong," said Zoe Arvanitakis, lead author of the study and a neurologist at Rush University Medical Center in Chicago.

Type 2 diabetes, accounting for about 95% of all diabetes cases is closely linked to obesity and is increasing dramatically in this country. An estimated 17 million Americans have type 2, including about 20% of those over 65. This malady is also a major risk factor for heart disease.

Additionally, 41 million people between the ages 40 and 74 have prediabetes, a serious condition in which blood glucose levels are abnormally high, according to the American Diabetes Association.

About 4.5 million Americans have Alzheimer's with the number growing on a yearly basis.

William Thies, vice president for medical and scientific affairs at the Alzheimer's Association, notes that the new research is one of the fist long-term studies to follow people with no signs of Alzheimer's and track how diabetes affects their risk of getting the brain disease. "It's a powerful argument for doing everything you can to control your blood sugar," he warns.

The study published in the May 2004 issue of the Archives of Neurology, involved over 800 Catholic nuns, priests and brothers 55 and older from several states. They were given 19 different cognitive tests each year for up to 9 years.

Other studies, too, have suggested a link between diabetes and Alzheimer's. One such study last year linked insulin levels to beta amyloid, a protein that accumulates in the brain and is considered the hallmark of Alzheimer's Another study found that those who do not process glucose efficiently and who were considered prediabetic were more likely to have memory problems.  --adapted from the Riverside, Calif. Press-Enterprise.

Suzanne

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Diabetes
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2005, 08:04:00 AM »
A recent study published in the January American Heart Journal suggests diabetics who take insulin are approximately four times more likely to die within a year of their heart failure referral than heart failure patients without diabetes. In contrast, non-insulin-dependent diabetics face a mortality risk similar to that of non-diabetic heart failure patients.

Liane H

• http://
Diabetes
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2005, 05:00:00 AM »
Bringing this topic back up. Did not realize how many years this has been going on for myself.

When will I and others learn that there is only one way to live and that is God's way. When I was reading these posts I cannot believe I had fallen so far away.

Now I am worse than I was before. Now the strings of neuropathy has started on my feet and legs.

Slowly the numbers have risen and I am worse than I was before. How sad. I just learned that a man that I know in town had to have two of his toes removed due to his diabetes.

So now for seven days I have been changing my life to see if I can continue with just diet and exercise instead of the medication.

The numbers have been coming down in my glucose readings. I have one more week before I see the doctor again and show him my results to see if he still wants me on the medication.

This time I have the support of my pastor. We will meet once a week to go over my diet and pray with me that I will continue to walk in His light, will and way.

The interesting part is that going back to the right way to eat has been much easier than I thought it would be. The Lord has continued to bless me in my changes, even in difficult times I am having right now in my life.

I feel blessed to have the support and fellowship here and with my church.

Please keep me in your prayers.

Liane, the Zoo Mama      

Liane, the Zoo Mama
Romans 8:19   For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Liane H

Diabetes
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2005, 04:24:00 AM »
My friend Nani stated that I had passed the Daniel test. Does anyone know what that means?

My lowest reading yet was yesterday of 131 before bedtime. The highest was 229. Far from the 300's and high 200's I have been doing for the last two years.

We can deceive ourselves into thinking we are walking with God in a new life until we fail. Then we are so dispondent that we walk even further away because the eating habits keep a depression and low self worth.

I am amazed at how quickly the numbers have been coming down and this is only day 10 of this change in lifestyle. Considering since 2000 when I was confronted with it and then have gone backwards I thought it would be a lot slower and that the doctor would fight me to get on the medication, but with these numbers I believe he will work with me on this.

Liane, the Zoo Mama  

[This message has been edited by liane (edited 10-29-2005).]

Liane, the Zoo Mama
Romans 8:19   For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Diabetes
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2005, 10:25:00 AM »
When making such great lifestyle changes it is important to be working with the doctor if he will do so. If not find one who will. Many are ignorant of God's ways and do not think that diabetes (type 2) is reversable. They only know drugs and are opposed to natural remedies.

If one is using insulin it is vitaly important to know what is happening and to have help in these changes. The "disease" is really a metabolic disorder and when appetite and lifestyle are brought into harmony with God's plan the blood sugar comes down rapidly. It is very sad that so many are killing themselves with their habits, but it is so very encouraging that when these changes are made the body begins to respond immediately.

When the blood sugar comes down naturally then the insulin being injected will drive the sugar level down to dangerous levels. This is very serious and needs to be planned for. The insulin needs to be reduced in anticipation of the lower blood sugar levels. Most diabetics experience this on a sporadic basis when they vary their diet and exercise program. If they eat properly and exercise the reponse can be dramatic causing  a very low and even dangerous sugar level when insulin levels are not reduced.

WendyForsyth

Diabetes
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2005, 11:10:00 AM »
Yes, isn't it important to test at least 4 times a day or something like that Brother Richard? That way you can catch a drop and prevent hypoglycemic shock?
I have no doubt that God considers you to be one of His friends; otherwise He would not trust you with so many crosses, sufferings and humiliations. Crosses are God's means of drawing souls closer to Himself.

Fenelon

Liane H

Diabetes
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2005, 02:06:00 PM »
When the new numbers had been given to me by my doctor he had a long talk with me about medication. He made it easy. Gave it to me for free and they are samll pills that I can swallow, what excuse did I have not to.

Well I decided first to straighten out my eating and see how far I could go down in two weeks without the medication because the doctor said it would go down real fast. I asked him did I need to concern myself with how low I got and he said no, but I was not sure.

So when i started this eleven days ago my readings were in the low 300's and high 200's. The first day was 345 after breakfast.  My low in the morning was 204 and my bedtime was 193. Then a few days later my highs were no more than 305 and I got down to 176.

Another day and my highest was 214 and my low was 189. That is about how the week had been going with a little spike here and there, but overall good.

Now for the last two days my highest has been 229 and my lowest 131. Today thus far I have maintained a 171 and 172 reading.

As well I have lost 3 pounds in the 10 days on this new lifestyle.

Thus far I feel that my doctor will be ok with me continuing on the diet and I may have prevented myself from having to go to the medication or insulin future.

Just with diet and exercise I did not expect the readings to come down as fast as they have, so this is good.

Yet I know my friend Nani who lived at Uchee Pines saw people far worse than me get off insulin and medications.

Let us pray for so many walking this dangerous road of a slow death and learn of God's goodness.

Liane, the Zoo Mama

Liane, the Zoo Mama

WendyForsyth

Diabetes
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2005, 05:59:00 PM »
I think what Brother Richard meant was that if you are bringing down your blood sugar through diet naturally, as well as being on insulin, you need to gradually reduce the amount of insulin you are on because you will need less and less as you become healthier and your body takes over the functions of regulating your blood sugar more. If you are taking the same amount of insulin and your body doesn't need it, it will cause your blood sugar to drop down into the 30's and 40's resulting in hypoglycemic shock and possible death.

If you are not on insulin right now, that is not something that would apply to you.

I have no doubt that God considers you to be one of His friends; otherwise He would not trust you with so many crosses, sufferings and humiliations. Crosses are God's means of drawing souls closer to Himself.

Fenelon

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Diabetes
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2005, 04:15:00 AM »
That's right, Sister Wendy. The insulin forces blood sugars down to dangerous levels when taken in excess. Excess can be what is normal when one begins to eat and exercise properly.

Great news, Sister Liane! Keep a record of your sugar levels for me day by day and we can use it to encourage others with what God will do for them if they will allow Him to work in their lives. I will do a chart and show the improvements over time. It is really amazing until you see it work every time. Because many of the "educated" are so blind to the power of God's way the world stays in ignorance when they could be healthy and happy.

As a people we will have to answer for not sharing the light given to us. As I have shared in the past there is evidence that suggests that cow milk given to babies can cause type 1 diabetes. "Got milk?" is a multimillion dollar hype that puts our children at great risk for infectious disease.

WendyForsyth

Diabetes
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2005, 07:31:00 AM »
Yes, there is a doctor that has a twelve day program that has been shown to bring level down similar to what you are seeing Sister Liane. It's really very exciting when you see that people can reduce and gradually eliminate, with their doctor's help, their diabetes and blood pressure medications.

Fenelon

Liane H

Diabetes
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2005, 04:00:00 AM »
I am doing well. Tomorrow will be 21 days. I am learning much each day about foods and what they are doing to my glucose levels.

There are additional changes that I will be starting tomorrow to get me down even further as it has been a slow process of needing to cut down on salt, sugar and oils (fat).

Again I have been learning that food actually tastes good without all the add on that I have been putting on my food all these years.

It is like a drug with the above three. The more you use the more you need to have, it grows and grows as your palet loses the taste sensation that one should have. The withdrawal symptoms are there just as a drug dependence is.

I have hit some days with levels in the low 100's now and only yesterday did I rise up to 266 for some reason. Will have to look at what I ate before to see what triggered the rise, but at least I am no where near the low 300's as before.

I praise God for His many blessings as I learn and grow in this new life, praying that I glorify Him for others to see as a witness of His will and way for our lives.

Liane, the Zoo Mama  

Liane, the Zoo Mama

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Diabetes
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2005, 11:00:00 AM »
Amen!

WendyForsyth

Diabetes
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2005, 06:06:00 PM »
I'll have to look for it again, but on a popular diet website they are advertising a "new" study that shows a potato a day and the potassium it contains can do away with any need for blood pressure medications as it regulates the blood pressure naturally.

It's really very interesting, and sad actually in ways, to see the world "discover" these nuggets of truth almost daily. Sad, because we've been entrusted with the truth for so many years and failed miserably as a church to spread it to the world, and even regressed behind the world.

Our church is giving a kool aid series of meetings and we have such an opportunity to demonstrate the health message. We have these lovely little cafe tables (ahem) in the foyer that people are served from as they come in to the meetings, and they could have a healthy selection of things. But instead our church is giving them slices of junky cake with shortening type frosting. Very disappointing.  :(

Fenelon

Suzanne

Diabetes
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2006, 09:21:00 PM »
Sugar on the Brain

Add clouded thinking to the list of damage, such as heart attacks and blindness, caused by diabetes. One study indicates that erratic blood sugar hits the brain and its "working memory," which we use to juggle life's everyday tasks, like dailing the phone and talking to someone in the room at the same time.

Christopher Ryan, a neuropsychologist at the Univ. of Pittsburgh notes that "this can have a major impact on everything you do: work and social activities and family life." After studying 141 older adults with Type 2 diabtes--the most common kind--for 6 months, Ryan and colleagues found that those with the highest blood sugar levels made the most errors on a number of psychological tests. This is particularly worrisom because diabetics need decently functioning memories in order to test their blood sugar regularly and take the necessary steps to handle this malady.

The good news is that when diabetics regulate and lower their blood sugar, their cognitive abilities improved significantly. This suggests that these problems are reversible and even preventable. --adapted from U.S. News & World Report, June 14, 2004.

Suzanne

stephen

Diabetes
« Reply #38 on: May 11, 2006, 12:49:00 PM »
Studies indicate that long term fasting 'resets' the body.  A doctor friend of mine has a patient with many ailments, including diabetes.  She had blood sugars around 300 and was on medications and insulin.  Her kidneys were barely functional, on the verge of having dialysis.  As a last ditch effort to getting well, she decided to try a long term fast.  During this fast she was taking no medications at all.  By the eighth day, she had lost 25 pounds, had regained 70% of kidney function, among other benefits.  Of course, she had to be monitored for potassium levels and other things.  It may be worth a look to you.  There is a book out that may be helpful for you to read, titled 'The China Study'.  Here is a link: http://www.thechinastudy.com/  There is a lot of interesting information in this book.

There is also some speculation (brought about by research) that the bovine growth hormone (BGH) residue in dairy products affects insulin in humans.  

Zep 1:11 Howl, ye inhabitants of Maktesh, for all the merchant people are cut down; all they that bear silver are cut off.

Zep 1:12 And it shall come to pass at that time, [that] I will search Jerusalem with candles, and punish the men that are settled on their lees: that say in

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Diabetes
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2006, 09:20:00 PM »
Very interesting, Brother Stephen. Many of our problems are caused by what and how we eat, especially diabetes.

T. Colin Campbell is a great student and a gracious man. I spoke with him not long after they finished the research in China. His work is monumental in establishing the truth that we have been given as a people. These studies reveal the lies propagated by the meat and dairy industries and promoted by many in the health field today. There is a battle for the hearts of men. This includes their physical hearts that are being destroyed by disease from animal products.

In the interior of China the people have been very poor and their diets did not include the daily minimums of animal products recommended by American nutritionists and government agencies. The lies have been uncovered and this book is the support that many in the world need to have. For those in the church who have not the faith to believe in the light God sent, then get good scietific evidence from the China Study. Buy the book.