Author Topic: Bioengineered Foods (GMO)  (Read 66115 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Bioengineered Foods (GMO)
« Reply #100 on: November 14, 2013, 10:06:15 AM »
It does not take science to prove the dangers of playing God. We live in a world where God is despised, His ways are hated, and the enemy of truth has control over the minds of most. We have been warned. "Take heed to thyself, lest thou make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land whither thou goest, lest it be for a snare in the midst of thee." Exodus 34:12.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #101 on: December 05, 2013, 06:23:11 AM »
TOP NEWS OF THE WEEK
Who Smells a Rat?

What do you do when your scientific journal publishes a study that Monsanto doesn’t like? And the industry bombards you with complaints?

You hire a new editor. And retract the study.

In September 2012, the journal Food and Chemical Toxicology (FCT) published the findings of the first long-term study of rats fed genetically modified corn. The study’s authors, led by Gilles-Eric Séralini of the University of Caen, France, concluded that the GM corn caused cancerous tumors in the test rats.

The biotech industry wasted no time attacking the study, which was released about a month before Californians were set to vote “yes” or “no” on an initiative to require labels on foods containing genetically modified organisms (GMOs). The attacks were predictable. But who would have predicted what followed next?

Not long after the study came out, FCT created a new editorial position—Associate Editor for Biotechnology—and appointed none other than a former Monsanto employee, Richard E. Goodman, to the post.

Organic Bytes #405 Story
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

LindaRS

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #102 on: February 12, 2014, 01:26:52 PM »
Amazing Discoveries have upload an excellent video to YouTube. 309 - GMO Food Allergies & Gluten Sensitivity - Jeffrey Smith
O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. Jeremiah  10:23-24

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #103 on: May 21, 2014, 06:12:06 AM »
Rural Oregon voters back ban on GMO crops amid U.S. labeling uproar

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/05/21/us-usa-oregon-gmos-idUSBREA4K04920140521
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #104 on: May 21, 2014, 06:29:37 PM »
I hope I'm proven wrong but I have a feeling that this will spend some in the courts before this is settled.
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

LindaRS

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #105 on: March 20, 2015, 12:25:39 PM »
Genetically modified apples, potatoes win FDA approval

The Food and Drug Administration on Friday approved the genetically engineered foods, saying they are "as safe and nutritious as their conventional counterparts."

The approval covers six varieties of potatoes by Boise, Idaho-based J. R. Simplot Co. and two varieties of apples from the Canadian company Okanagan Specialty Fruits Inc.

story

O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. Jeremiah  10:23-24

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #106 on: November 14, 2022, 07:11:39 AM »
"Impossible Meat" on its label states it uses bio engineering.  Many don't catch this.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

rahab

« Reply #107 on: November 14, 2022, 08:45:59 AM »
Bad news  :'(

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #108 on: November 27, 2022, 08:55:54 AM »
Very sad that they use a symbol to reveal this that is so very small it is hard to read. Many will believe it is stating a benefit like the icons being used to show Vegan, non-GMO, plant based, etc. But, in this case, it is not showing us something beneficial to good health.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #109 on: January 02, 2023, 11:11:12 AM »
What is the concern with bio-engineered food?  Here is some information on the state of the industry. It is advancing rapidly. To save "mother earth" this will be the salvation for many young ones who have no idea about what is happening in the world besides what they are being taught by the "educated" ones. The teachers who tell us what happened 15 million years ago on the Earth and how the universe was created from a big bang.

Does how we grow food make a difference in efforts to save "mother earth"? Absolutely according the United Nations.

At COP26, food and agriculture were peripheral at best, with little attention paid to the climate impacts of our food system. This year, due to the efforts of GFI and a host of organizational partners, food earned a top spot on the COP27 agenda, with alternative proteins featured as an essential solution for meeting climate, food security, global health, and biodiversity goals. 

Here is a article that will help us understand the process of growing flesh food in the lab.     a new paradigm

rahab

« Reply #110 on: January 03, 2023, 10:01:09 PM »
Scary