Author Topic: Prayers  (Read 71867 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Prayers
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2000, 05:50:00 PM »
Amen!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Dugald T Lewis MD

• Moderator at Rest
    • http://www.drdugaldlewis.com
Prayers
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2000, 08:47:00 PM »
Dear Father,

The petitions have been presented regarding Sister Kathleen. We pray that you will give her the strength to face this enormous crisis in her life.

Be with Sister Liane as she ministers to her friend. Give her the right words to speak to her friend and let your name be glorified  
in this process. We ask these mercies in your Holy name.

AMEN!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Prayers
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2000, 04:27:00 PM »
Heavenly Father, we know it was not your plan for man to be sick or to die, but that the suffering and death we suffer is the result of sin. We suffer with those that suffer.  We ask for you to comfort Brother Crawford's mother-in-law. She is quite ill and we ask that you would draw especially close to her at this time. If it would be for her salvation and your honor and glory to heal her, then we ask that you would. We also ask that you would comfort the Crawford family in this time of need. Give our brother wisdom to minister to his family, we ask in the precious name of Jesus, amen.

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Liane H

• http://
Prayers
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2000, 07:47:00 PM »
Dear Brothers and Sisters:

Thank you for your prayers on behalf of Kathleen.  She went to the doctor again on Tuesday.  The ultrasounds came out negative,whatever was wrong is not there.  The doctor said the swelling in the liver area had gone down significantly and was quite amazed.  Whatever she was doing to keep doing.  
I thank you.  We may never know, if the cancer was there, but she asked me to thank all of you for your prayers and caring.

Liane

Liane, the Zoo Mama
Romans 8:19   For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Laurie Mosher

• There is a place of quiet rest
Prayers
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2000, 07:52:00 AM »
PRAISE THE LORD. He deinitely hears and answers the prayer of His children.
Thank you Liane for giving us the privilege in  petitioning our Heavenly Father, who delights in helping His children!

Keep "the" faith!
 Bro. Laurie

Keep "the" Faith,  Brother Laurie

Liane H

Prayers
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2000, 12:23:00 PM »
Dear Brothers & Sisters:

I read off your prayers to Kathleen and she was greatly touched by the outpouring of your words in her behalf.  She thanks you from the bottom of her heart.  It was a healing of greater magnatude of those words than what any doctor could have done for her.

Thank you

Liane, the Zoo Mama
Romans 8:19   For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Prayers
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2000, 09:55:00 PM »
Heavenly Father, we want to ask you to be with Tami's daughter Julie who you know is sick.   Please use her illeness to bring her closer to you and to be a witness for you. We ask that you would be with her in a very special way as she recovers. Please watch over her and keep her in your hand, we ask in Jesus precious name. Amen.

Laurie Mosher

Prayers
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2000, 03:47:00 AM »
  Dear Heavenly Father,
I,too, would like to ask that You step in and intervene in this sickness of Julie. Tami, her mother has been a very special person on this forum, and we would ask that You Father, would take control of this situation. Please restore Julie to health soon, and that she will be able to be a witness for you. Father guide and be with Tami and her husband as well, and may each one who reads and posts on this forum have a right relationship with You also. In Jesus name and for His sake, AMEN and Amen.
 Keep "the" faith!
Bro. Laurie

Gerry Buck

Prayers
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2000, 04:25:00 AM »
Father,
Thank you for your answer to sister Kathleen.
Thank you for removing the condition that had so greatly worried her and her family and friends.
We pray that you would continue to work in her/their lives, drawing them ever closer to you and to your son Jesus.

Now, Father, we bring before you another that is in despair and hurt.
We ask that you would touch the life of Julie, and that you would work a healing in her according to your will.
Be with Tami, also, in this time.
Touch them with your healing hands, let them know you are there and that they are in your mind and hands.

Thank you for what you are about to do in and through them,
in Jesus precious name we ask it all, and thank you,
Amen.

------------------
Abstain from ALL  appearence of evil. 1Thess.5:22
Gerry B.

Examine me, O LORD, and prove me: try my reins and my heart.Ps.26:2
Gerry B.

tami strand

Prayers
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2000, 09:25:00 PM »
Dear Br. and Srs. thank-you for remembering our daughter Julie in prayer. She is home now, weak, but recuperating from pnuemonia. It can be very frightening to be sick and waiting on planes for transportation in the wilderness of Alaska. I was seized with fear , being so far away from my child when she needed me, for the first time. Your prayers were a great comfort. Jesus hears and is faithful. I am so grateful for His love, and yours, God Bless.

Thank you Brs. Richard, Laurie, Gerry, and Sr. Charlene.

Tami  

Laurie Mosher

Prayers
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2000, 04:10:00 AM »
  Sister Tami,
 Good to hear from you again! We are happy that Julie is recovering.  :)  :)
 I can understand your anxiety, as I see the concern on parent's faces when I xray their children. And it must be more stressful when medical help is not readily available when needed.
 We will continue to uplift Julie and YOU her parents before our Heavenly Father. Know that we at TRO love and care about you!!
 Keep "the" faith!
Laurie

Joan Rügemer

Prayers
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2000, 10:31:00 AM »
Well, folks,(careful...have patience...this may take a few paragraphs to explain)

Here I come slowly, softly, into this prayer room. I am not accustom to sharing a problem and asking someone to pray for me.The old resistance of not praying to RC saints has something to do with it unconsciously, I believe. Since my conversion, I've always been of the opinion that I must have 'oil' for myself. I must provide for my own spiritual upkeep and go myself to the source directly. I can't depend on the 'inside connections' to Jesus that others have. I was taught as a RC kid growing up that only by appealing to Mary would my prayers of importance get answered. Only she could bend his intentions like at the Cana miracle to get things done.  

Welllll, since conversion I have learned and practiced talking to God my heavenly father through Jesus direct.
One of the heartfelt hurts of my years in Turkish mission work was not having a prayer partner for the sake of building me up in the faith and having someone to talk to about
what was happening. Glory be to God ! The Grace of the Lord WAS sufficient for me. I still am convinced that I could have been more effective and seen more fruit if the local church took my efforts seriously and supported me in prayer or whatever. The opposite proved to be the fact.I've forgiven.

Now I don't want to sound selfish. I just have a heartfelt deep desire to live where I live in peace. But who doesn't. The request is the strongest desire to have : ....loving believing accepting neighbours move into the cottage just to the left of us.

The man living there now, Wolfgang Leyer -58, never married, has a 30 year old daughter born out of wedlock who hates his guts, he also has a sister who he hates the sight of, and each time he saw me the first year of our living here, he almost always had a dumb-blond-joke rolling at me. I do look like a cross between Pamella Anderson and a Tellie-Tubbie. Many have the impression at first of me as being a softie-auntie who does good to all and has no willpower to say no. Wellll, this guy found out (as so many before him) what a toughie I am with my willpower. Probably because I kept resisting his attempts for butting into our private time or meal time (to stay for eats) or using Alf's do-it-yourself talent to go and fix all the problems on his house....he started spreading bad talk about us.
Now he announced he is looking for lodgings elsewhere.
My request is......
It will be more relaxed for me if someone would buy his place with whom I could get on with. And that he finds a suitable place for his needs ASAP!!

I do and have prayed about this. It is so important for me to accept the discipline of the Lord indeed over above my plans. I will accept what comes but still want to fight in prayer for this heartfelt desire.

It is unusual to know that you will pray for me about this. I thank you all in advance.
....loving you for this....your Joan in faith toward Jesus's power.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Prayers
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2000, 04:11:00 PM »
Sister Joan, how about this?  Dear Lord, you know the heart of our dear sister. You know that she loves you and desires to be your witness. Please send a neighbor who will be open to the moving of your Holy Spirit. Not a convert, but one who desires to know truth and can see the love of Jesus in our sister. We know the planting may take time to bear fruit, but we do ask that you give our sister the opportunity to minister to one who desires to know you, if it be according to your will. We pray in Jesus precious name.

And we pray for the neighbor who is moving, that you will water the seed that has been planted. Who knows that the man may become a Christian tomorrow. Only you dear Lord, only you.  In Jesus precious name we pray.  Amen.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Prayers
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2000, 09:13:00 PM »
Heavenly Father, our Brother Filipe is working for you in the village of Pedroso, Portugal and we want to join our prayers with his for the success of your church as the members seek to honor and glorify you. We especially ask that you would send your Holy Spirit to touch the hearts and minds of Pastor Antonio Mauricio and Brother Fernando Ferreira who are leading out.

We know that Jesus wants to come soon and we want to hasten that coming. The harvest fields are white and we need laborers to help in the harvest. Please send workers into your vineyard in Pedroso for your honor and your glory, we pray in the precious name of Jesus!
Amen.

renee

Prayers
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2000, 08:43:00 PM »
Please pray for my 16yo daughter.  She has been a very strong Christian in the past.  But she is now questioning her value system.  She is a real good kid...please keep her in your prayers.

God bless.

Sr. Renee

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Prayers
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2000, 07:38:00 PM »
Heavenly Father, you have put a burden on the heart of our sister for her daughter and now we are sharing that burden. We join our hearts with hers in asking you to send your Holy Spirit in answer to our prayers. Help this young lady to see the "unseen" world around her. Help her to value the sacrifice of Jesus. Help her to see that the things of this world will soon pass away. Help her to see her mother's love and concern. We pray that you will arrange circumstances such that she will be led closer to you. We pray for her salvation. We claim your promise that you will contend with him that is contending with us and you will save our children.

If there is something that our Sister Renee can do to help her daughter at this time, we pray that you will give her wisdom to know what it is and strength to do it. Perfect love casteth out all fear. We pray for an extra measure of your Holy Spirit for this family and we ask for these things in the precious name of Jesus, amen.

Clive Nevell

Prayers
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2000, 04:59:00 AM »
If you go to the Social hall forum you will see the story about Tammy-Jo. We will just pray for her here.

Father in heaven you know how Tammy-Jo and her family are suffering right now, and we leave this case in your hands asking that if your name can be glorified and you will be done that Tammy-Jo's suffering will cease and her sight be returned. Bless the Doctors as they try and work out a solution to the problem. Give the family abundant strength to be able withstand the attacks that are coming from the devil.
We now leave them in your hands and ask this in and through the blessed name of Jesus.
Amen

Drew

Prayers
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2000, 10:38:00 PM »
Let us all pray for the expanded internet ministry with the purpose of reaching out to non-Adventists.  May the Lord be with us and strength us in the work.  All His biddings are enablings.

In Christ's everlasting love,

Drew

Laurie Mosher

Prayers
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2000, 04:46:00 PM »
I , too, would like to ADD my thoughts and prayers to the above requests. Due to circumstances beyond my control, I have been unable to spend more time in this Prayer Thread. My thanks to Brother Richard, and ALL the others who have so adequately stepped in and helped me out!

However, my dear wife, Beverly has now returned from a 2-month absence, and hopefully, I will have added time to spend on TRO. Thank You for your prayers for Bev and I at this time. GOD IS GOOD!

Dear Heavenly Father,
 I would just like to add my petitions along with those in The Remnant Online to petition You for Your continuing love and care for each of us-Your children. Father, I present to You renee's daughter. God, You know all things, and I just pray that she will come through this episode, stronger and more firmly believing in Your power. Father, Thank You that we can call on You at any time, and that You ALWAYS hear us.

Father God, I also ask that You will be with Tammy Jo and her family. Father God, You are the Great Physician, and You care for the welfare for each of Your children. Lord God, I ask that You too will intervene and restore healing both physically and spiritually to all concerned.

And Dear Heavenly Father, as TRO expands to the world, may OUR goal be reaching hurting people, that Jesus Christ will become REAL to each one searching. Father, You have given us an awesome task, and we just ask that WE will have an outpouring of Your Holy Spirit to enable us to finish the work. Oh, God, may we each one recognize that we are standing on the threshold of Jesus' SOON Coming, and that we, Your servants, will be able to do, what we should have done in earlier times, but failed, Now Father grant us Your blessing and Your Grace. In Jesus Name and for His sake, AMEN! and Amen!

------------------
Keep "the" faith,BUT pass it around!

Bro. Laurie

Laurie Mosher

Prayers
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2000, 02:10:00 PM »
I've just received some special prayer requests on my email from Br. Clive, so will paste them in here:

Hi Laurie
I am going to send you some emails from 'A---', She would like to go on your prayer list but would like to under a different name.

Hi, yes put 'K' and 'O' on the list, but just in case 'O' ever accesses it, maybe use other names.
  I have been really down yesterday and today.  
 Please put me on your prayer list too, as I am really not coping.  I am falling apart at the seems, and not able to function in the home.  It is a dark valley and I will come through but the going is hard.
 Today I read Isaiah 54 and it meant a lot to me.  I feel like it was just for my situation.  So I take comfort in that, knowing God has control over the situation.
 Romans 8:28 too.
We are all out of noodles!!!  That means I have to make something and I have no idea.  It is a major task just doing the dishes.  I feel I accomplished something because I made the beds this morning, but that is all I did.
Depression is bad. I am going to see P.R.tomorrow to get some help.  It isn't good for the kids to have me like this.  And I cant eat properly and am losing weight again, so I had better do something before I get sick.
  Thanks for your support.  'A....' said I should come over and stay one weekend.  I should do that when I have the kids and we can have some fellowship.  

"I am praying for 'O', and in fact have resigned myself to even pray for healing of the marriage, if God can work a miracle in O.
Please pray for 'K', as he is involved in drugs and alcohol and I really don't know how to handle it.  It is hard when you have no husband to support you.  
  I guess 'M' will learn that one day.  I still pray for him too though.
   But there has to be miraculous changes in 'O' before I would consider reuniting.  All is possible with God, but then 'O' has free choice.
  Anyway, have a nice Sabbath.  I hope I will, but my mind is with 'K' right now, as he needs constant prayer over him.  

Well, it seems this dear sister has reached "the end of her rope". Let us pray that she will tie a knot in the end and hang on!!

Dear Heavenly Father,
 I present to you Sister A. Father You know her situation. It is a desperate one, and she cannot see the end from the beginning as You do.
  Father I ask, that in a SPECIAL WAY  You will make Your will known to her, so that she can find peace, and strength to carry on. Oh God, ALL of us can see the old devil pulling out the stops to bring down the family. Father, Your Son Jesus defeated Satan at the cross, and we rely upon His victory over the enemy. Satan is a defeated foe, and we just ask that Jesus will be REAL to our dear Sister in Australia. Father, Thank You for hearing our prayers and answering them TOO. In the blessed and MOST WOnderful Name of Jesus who died for us, and enabled us to be friends with Him, both now and IN heaven. Keep each of us faithful Father, and May WE ALL walk in the steps of the Master! In Jesus Name, AMEN and Amen!

COURAGE SISTER "A"!

------------------
Keep "the" faith,BUT pass it around!

Bro. Laurie

[This message has been edited by Laurie Mosher (edited 11-03-2000).]