Author Topic: Prayers  (Read 71870 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Prayers
« on: June 03, 2000, 08:18:00 PM »
Heavenly Father, we sorrow with the community of Walketon, Ontario, Canada who have suffered from e. coli contaminated water which has taken the lives of some of their citizens. Please comfort those that have suffered great loss and use this situation to bring good from this bad situation, that some would be drawn closer to you in their great need. If there be any of our brethren in the community, we pray that you would use them as channels of light to help others.

We pray especially for the young children that have been infected, please hear our prayers for their salvation and comfort them in their suffering.

We pray in the precious name of Jesus, amen.

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Arturo Luján

• http://
Prayers
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2000, 06:34:00 AM »
Father, I pray to you that you may touch the life of my Mother, you know the problem that she is going through and beg of you that you may help her. In the name of Jesus Christ...

Amen!

Marilynn Gray

Prayers
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2000, 04:58:00 AM »
I'd like to as for prayer for myself and our youngest son, Jordan, who has recently been diagnosised with a mental disorder called bipolar. He's only 8 and struggles every single day with this horrid disorder. Many times he's afraid because he "hears voices" telling him that dreadful/violent things are going to happen to him. We've talked about how Satan does all that he can to keep us from the Lord. It's still no comfort to Jordan.

My faith is becoming increasingly weak. Our home has been put in foreclosure and I have no idea what we'll do. The medication that Jordan has to take is very expensive and there have been days that I haven't been able to work, in order to be home with him. Hence, the foreclosure. I know that God has a plan, but it's becoming more and more difficult to trust in Him.

One last request. I found out that a young woman, who was 6 months pregnant, went into labor. I pray that the Lord will give this family the strength to endure whatever His plan is.

Thank you all so much.

------------------
You can accomplish more in one hour with God than one lifetime without Him.

You can accomplish more in one hour with God than one lifetime without Him.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Prayers
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2000, 06:00:00 AM »
Sister Marilynn, welcome to the fellowship. Our  hearts and our prayers are with you and your family. Jesus loves you and Jordan and He will never leave you nor forsake you.

Heavenly Father, we ask you to hear the prayers of this mother for her child and herself. Please lead her each morning in her personal devotions to see Jesus and by beholding Him become changed. Give her a fresh revelation of the value she and her son have in your eyes. Reveal your presence that our sister may gain strength to carry on the work you have appointed her.

We know you do not give us more to do than we can do. Please provide comfort and peace as Sister Marilynn looks to you for grace, guidance, and strength. Be with Jordan. Send your Holy Spirit to comfort him. Provide his mother with wisdom from the health counsels that we have been given as a people, that will help her to correct any matters that effect her son's health. After our sister has done all she can do, both spiritually and physically for her son, I pray that you would heal his mind for your honor and glory and for his salvation. We thank you for hearing our prayer that we have prayed in the precious name of Jesus, amen.

'd like to as for prayer for myself and our youngest son, Jordan, who has recently been diagnosised with a mental disorder called bipolar. He's only 8 and struggles every single day with this horrid disorder. Many times he's afraid because he "hears voices" telling him that dreadful/violent things are going to happen to him. We've talked about how Satan does all that he can to keep us from the Lord. It's still no comfort to Jordan.
My faith is becoming increasingly weak. Our home has been put in foreclosure and I have no idea what we'll do. The medication that Jordan has to take is very expensive and there have been days that I haven't been able to work, in order to be home with him. Hence, the foreclosure. I know that God has a plan, but it's becoming more and more difficult to trust in Him.

One last request. I found out that

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

charlene

Prayers
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2000, 06:58:00 AM »
Dear Marilynn,

I will add my Amen to Richards prayer. Sometimes life seems so overwhelming, but we have a Wonderful Heavenlt Father that knows our sorrow and is acquaited with our grief, never loose faith in Him for He is all merciful and loving. I will keep you and Jason in my prayers, For God and His will to be done in your lives....God hears the prayers of His children.  God Bless you.

------------------
charlene

charlene

Dugald T Lewis MD

• Moderator at Rest
    • http://www.drdugaldlewis.com
Prayers
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2000, 11:47:00 AM »
Dear Heavenly Father,

We come to you on behalf of our dear sister Marilyn and her son Jordan. The burden is great for her at this time also because of the future of her home.

You are the Great Physician and so we petition you to give her the wisdom and guidance needed in dealing with her son. Strengthen his mind and give wisdom to the treating physicians as well.

The financial situtation and stresses, we present to you. Give Sis Marilyn the strength
and the resources to survive this ordeal.
Comfort her today, we ask in your Holy name.

AMEN.

Dear Sister Marilyn,
I want to share this text with you today:
"When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee; when thou walkest throught the fire. thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee." Isaiah 43:2

We will continue praying for you.

With Christian love and concern,
Dugald

[This message has been edited by Dugald T Lewis MD (edited 06-07-2000).]

Laurie Mosher

• There is a place of quiet rest
Prayers
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2000, 05:43:00 PM »
  Guess I'm slipping! Have to get more with the program. Thank You Br.Richard and Dr. Dugald for "helping me out". Sr. Marilyn, remember Rom 8:28 "And we KNOW tha all things work together for good to them who love God to them who are the called according to HIS purpose."
   Trust in the Lord my Sister! and HE will never leave nor forsake you. (Hebrews 13:5)
 Keep "the" faith!
Br. Laurie
Keep "the" Faith,  Brother Laurie

Dugald T Lewis MD

• Moderator at Rest
Prayers
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2000, 09:37:00 PM »
PRAYER FOR PERSECUTED CHRISTIANS:
(see post under Signs of the times by Sister Avalee)

Our Loving Heavenly Father,

We approach your throne of Grace and Mercy at this time cognizant of the atrocities, the abuse, the torturings, and the homicides committed against your people who are not giving up the Faith. Their cries are ascending from many countries over this sin laden planet. We join in their petitions.

Throughout history, many have suffered and died. Stephen was stoned, many were burned at the stake and sawn asunder, These horrific acts which are continuing make us more aware that you are even at the door.

We pray for the christians of Bangladesh, India and Southern Sudan as well as other places in Africa, Asia and even here in the Western World. O God, these witnesses make us more committed to serve you and to take advantage of the short time left to bring a message of hope to the world.

Be with them in their sufferring. Be for them the shelter in a time of storm, and guard them with the shadow of your wings.

Let them realize that it is blessed to be persecuted for righteousness sake for great is their reward.

Open the eyes of their persecutors that they may see your Spirit in those being persecuted; and may more Pauls arise from these calamities.

We ask these mercies in your Holy name.

AMEN

Laurie Mosher

Prayers
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2000, 08:25:00 AM »
  Dear Father in Heaven,
 I ,too, add my prayer to Dr. Dugald.
Surely we can see the signs that all things are almost complete. Father , we come to you in the Person of Your Son, Jesus, who is interceeding on behalf of your children (US). Father, we cringe with horrow at the advances of the enemy, but we also know that You have promised that You will be with us in the time of our greatest need. In fact, You have said that You will be with us as "we walk through the valley of the shadow of death". Father I just ask that each one who is confronted with choices will make the one that You have promised "Be thou faithful unto death and I will give thee a crown of life". Father God, many of us don't understand why horrible things happen, but may we realize that Satan is surely showing his true colors, by "pulling out all the stops", for the Bible says "he knows his time is short."
 And may each of Your faithful ones also know that :"You are with each one until the end of the age".
This I ask in the blessed Name of Jesus , our Saviour and Redeemer, AMEN and AMEN!

Keep "the" faith!
  Br. Laurie

[This message has been edited by Laurie Mosher (edited 06-08-2000).]

M.A. Crawford

Prayers
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2000, 12:20:00 PM »
Brothers and sisters, please continue to pray that the Remnant Online Forums will continue to be a blessing to those who participate---whether as active members or lurkers. I believe God will continue to bless us as we continue to exalt the Bible and Jesus Christ in these forums as the only way to salvation.

M.A.

M.A.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Prayers
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2000, 11:20:00 AM »
Heavenly Father, we pray for Sister Sherri's mother who is in the hospital. We pray that you will comfort her and draw close to her in this time of suffering. Give our sister grace to minister to her mother we ask in Jesus precious name, amen.

Laurie Mosher

Prayers
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2000, 05:55:00 PM »
 I would like to add a special request for one of my "Special " friends, "Daffyduck".
Stephanie may have a medical problem, and I ask that YOU ALL will remember her (she is one of our registered TRO members) in your prayers.
 Dear Heavenly Father,
   I come to YOU in the Person of Your Son Jesus Christ, who is ministering for each of us in the Most Holy Place in the Heavenly sanctuary. Father, I ask that you will be with Stephanie in her tests tomorrow, and that the results will be such that do not cause her added concern. Father God, You are the great Physician. We know that You love and care for Your children, and God, help us to accept Your will for each of us.

May we uplift Jesus to the world, so that all Your children will be ready and waiting for You to come and take us home. Father God, we look forward to the time when we no longer need to be concerned with sickness and loss of loved ones. Keep us faithful Father, as we minister and CARE for each other. In the Blessed and Most Wonderful Name of Jesus, our Saviour and Friend. AMEN and AMEN!
 Keep "the" faith!
   Br. Laurie

Laurie Mosher

Prayers
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2000, 03:03:00 AM »
  Ther has been an update on Stephanie's medical test. Stephanie, this is a message of hope  to let you know we care, and ask God's blessing on you and Dave.

May each one allow God to lead us as we care for each other.

Keep "the" faith!
   Br. Laurie

Dugald T Lewis MD

• Moderator at Rest
Prayers
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2000, 09:54:00 AM »
Dear Stephanie,

We are praying for you. God will give you strength to go through any trial.

Heavenly Father, we commit Sister Stephanie to you today. Let her know that you love her and will not forsake her. We pray for her health and that everything will work out well.
In Jesus name
AMEN!

Clive Nevell

Prayers
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2000, 12:54:00 PM »
Last night, we began our follow up program at Harrisvile Church, Queensland , Australia. There were eight non-SDAs in attendance. Please pray for these folk as we continue the Daniel series by tape from Geoff Youlden.

Heavenly Father we come to you on your Sabbath day thanking you for being with us last night and praying that you will continue to bless us and other like meetings, we also think of Sis Stephanie in her sickness and ask that your name will be glorified and her medical condition be healed, at this time there are many of your people not well and in hospital on beds of pain, bless Grandma Schoenfisch as she recovers from her operation at this time.
We ask these requests in the wonderfull name of Jesus.
Amen

(Grandma Schoenfisch is a 92 year lady from our church who has just had an operation last Thursday, she has been confined to a bed now for many years but still loves her Lord)

Clive

Laurie Mosher

Prayers
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2000, 05:40:00 PM »
Dear Heavenly Father,
  I , too, add my prayer request to my Brother Clive's for these 8 precious souls.  Father, Your Son Jesus died for them to , and we just ask that Your Holy spirit will convict and convert these hearts to Your plan of salvation. Father , thank You for hearing our prayers, In the Blessed and Most WOnderful Name of all Names, Jesus. AMEN and AMEN!

Keep "the" faith!
 Br. Laurie

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Prayers
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2000, 10:02:00 AM »
Heavenly Father, we ask you to give your church an extra measure of the Holy Spirit during these next two weeks as the leadership of your church meets in a General Conference session. We want to do your will and reflect your character. We are an erring people who have not done as you have counseled. We have sinned and brought reproach upon your dear Son. We have delayed the soon coming of Jesus  for many years and by so doing misery, suffering, and death lingers. Forgive us loving Father. We know of your mercies and your kindness, yet we still withhold our hearts from you. We need more grace that our cold, hard hearts would be broken as we learn of your forgiveness towards the children of men. Please, in the precious name of Jesus pour out your Spirit upon your people! Amen.

Liane H

Prayers
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2000, 07:36:00 PM »
Dear Brothers and Sister:

My prayer request is for my friend Kathleen. She has psoriasis all over her body and has had it for years.  As well she got Hepatitis C during a surgery she had 10 years ago.  Now the doctor sent her to have an ultrasound on her liver and has told her it could be cancer.

This dear lady has no family and a very sick husband to care for as well as herself.  She is in her early 60's and has no family other than her ailing husband.

She will be going back to the doctor on Tuesday to learn the results, so if you could include her in your prayers for the next few days and beyond I would appreciate it.

She is very emotionally immature because of the abuse she received as a child and right now she is very scared. She loves the Lord, but like all of us does not want to die.

I have had prayer with her myself and will continue to do so.  

thank you

Liane

Liane, the Zoo Mama
Romans 8:19   For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Laurie Mosher

Prayers
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2000, 05:22:00 PM »
Liane, Thank You for this request for Kathleen! Jesus is "The Great Physician",and He is able to restore Whole Health to people.

Dear Heavenly Father,
 Again we come into Your Heavenly Presence, through Jesus Your Son, and our Intercessor. Father, You have admonished us to "come boldly to Your throne of grace", and Father we do that just now. Father God, I present to You, Sr. kathleen, who is going through some very heavy trials. Father, You know the circumstances, for You know our frail structures, And May You step in and restore our sister to health . Father, you desire that we can be vessels to be used of You,and I ask that Jesus will become very NEAR, and very REAL to Kathleen. Restore to health again Father if it is Your will, and if not, then give her the assurance that You are indeed with her as she goes through this dark valley. Oh God, we look forward to the soon coming of Jesus, when there will be no more sickness or death. Father, I just ask that You will bless and comfort Kathleen! In the blessed and most WOnderful Name of ALL Names, Jesus, and for His sake, AMEN and AMEN!

Keep "the" faith!
   Br. Laurie

Gerry Buck

Prayers
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2000, 05:33:00 PM »
Father, you give us so much, and sometimeds we hesitate to ask for what we need, but you see our needs and answer them .
We ahve a sister, Kathleen, and she is going through so many trials at this moment, we barely know where to start, but you know.

Father, we ask that you would do what you know is best for Sr. Kathleen, toych her heart, draw hwer into your bosom, let her feel your love and care for her, and what ever you decide for her, help her to know you will provide for her and those she may have to leave behind.

Give her strength to overcome the fear that is in her heart, comfort her and give her your peace in her heart, the peace that passes understanding.

thank you, Father, for hearing us, and for all that you are doing in her life, thank you, in the precious name of our 'friend, benefactor, big brother and saviour, Jesus THE Christ,
Amen and amen.

God bless you and keep you sr. Kathleen,

Gerry B.

Examine me, O LORD, and prove me: try my reins and my heart.Ps.26:2
Gerry B.