Author Topic: Prayers  (Read 71869 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Prayers
« Reply #120 on: March 19, 2002, 07:12:00 AM »
Heavenly Father, we come to you many times requesting help for many including ourselves. We seek your blessings in little and large matters for we are dependent upon you for anything good. As we consider your blessings, the many answers to prayer, we want to thank you for your goodness in hearing us and many times before we pray. We are unworthy of your love and your Son, but we take time to thank you. Help us this day to remember your goodness that in doing so we shall be imbued with your Spirit, we pray in the precious name of Jesus,  amen.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Joan

Prayers
« Reply #121 on: March 19, 2002, 07:51:00 AM »

Amen,so let it really be, dear Jesus.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Prayers
« Reply #122 on: July 05, 2002, 11:36:00 AM »
Heavenly Father, we pray for our Brother Drew and his wife. Brother Drew was injured by a hit and run driver while on foot and after two operations is in traction with a broken hip. We pray that you will give the physicians wisdom and skill in treating the injury. We thank you for protecting our brother's life and giving him courage and faith during his trial. We pray for your blessings upon this family and that they may be your witnesses while in the hospital. Restore our brother to good health that he may continue to labor for your honor and glory, we pray in the precious name of Jesus, amen.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Prayers
« Reply #123 on: July 05, 2002, 12:00:00 PM »
Following are two prayer lists.

The first list is for the salvation of souls. In this forum you will find a post with prayers for each of these persons. You may add your prayers there also.

The second prayer list is for all other prayers and as requests come in, we pray in this "Prayers" thread and add the request to this Prayer List that you may continue to pray with us for these requests.

PRAYER LIST (salvation)

Sister Liane's friend, Stephanie

"Sally" is in a communist land. Missionary request for prayer for her.

Sandy's husband

"lost"

Laurie's friend "the truck driver" first time in SDA church

Harrisville, Queensland, Australia

Miguel Guedes

William J. Clinton

Sister Suzanne's children

Richard's children, Jade, Kimberly, & Michael

Richard's friend, Kevin

Lorrie,James, 2 children

Glen

Dr. Oung

The City of KONGSBERG, Norway

Tami's mother and Grandma Rosie

Martin

Lura's children

Patti's husband

Lord, we join our hearts together seeking these precious souls for your kingdom.
In the precious name of Jesus we pray. Amen.

SPECIAL PRAYER REQUESTS

Sister Michelle's Christian friend
Brother Ben...wisdom and healing for wife
Brother Clive's father-in-law...cancer
Brother Drew, in hospital and will have sugery week of 7/29
Church at Kortrijk, Belgium
Exec Committee, Belgium-Luxembourg Conference
Graham, Rudi, & Hugo @ Harrisville church
Sherri, Katie, Jeff, Doug, and Doug's father
Webb family in Australia
Dr. E.P. in New Jersey
Anne
Kathy
Phillip, an orphan
Eli
City of Bakersfield, California
Sister Dethick--Australia
Brother Stark--Australia
Pastor Blake's sign language Bible Study videos for the Philippines
Brother Filipe's church in  Pedroso, Portugal
Brother John's son-in-law
Shirlene
Rain in Queensland, Australia
Heather's father, Jim Clyde
Brother David Battler's friend's children in Tornado above Calgary Canada.
Brother Crawford's mother-in-law
General Conference session in Toronto
City of Toronto
Sister Stephanie   medical test
Sister Sherri's mother in hospital
For Australian satellite receivers
Jerry Chapman and family
Wisdom and strength for Rose-Marrie
Toomelh Aboriginal Mission, Qld, Australia
Goondiwindi, Queensland, Australia

General Conference delegates
David's brother, Greg in Vancouver
Companheiros
Sister Theresa and her mum
Reg and Helen's son (paralized)
Cathy Bird & Joanna Kila
Brother and Sister Parsons/Cape Breton
Brother Filipe and Susana
Sharon Ferguson, advanced diabetes
Hope Ravelo, swollen foot
persecuted families, Plan de Ayala, Mexico
HMS Richards Jr.
Ainslie Draper
Pastor Steven Wilson
Pastor Donny
Eron Mannam
Steve
Ryan in seminary
Viorika's mother
Matthew Laurie's friends
Craig
John
Brother Allan's evangelism
Clive Jr.
SDA internet forum
Jeff (in prison)
Jeff's family
Bob (out of jail)
San Francisco  
Wally
Colleen
SDA hospitals
Fasheena
Ashton's family
Robyn and Cathy
Alex and Pat
Avalee's former church
Avalee's work situation
Dale,Keith, etc.
Gerry's friends
John and Elaine
Brother and Sister Braun
Ken and Bonnie
Brother Gary's health and work
Sister Sofia Pereeira..Portugal
Sister Elsie Dethick...friend of Clive Newell

It has been a blessing through the years to have brothers and sisters praying for me and my children. I know there are those that do so faithfully and it means much to me. Let me share one such instance.

In 1991, the year after the iron curtain fell in Romania, I was blessed to be able to visit there and preach in some of our churches in various parts of the country. After preaching an evening service in Bucharest, I had some requests to visit and pray for some of the sick. I did and one of them was a young Seventh-day Adventist lady, Viorika. I shared with her a short testimony of how God had been leading me and some of the great trials I had in dealing with the salvation of my children that had been estranged from me. I prayed with her and for her soul, and if it would glorify God and work to her salvation and those she loved, that God would heal her. She had been diagnosed with terminal cancer and was in a great deal of pain.

I left Bucharest the next day and traveled throughout the country returning the next week. She had died. Her funeral was the next day and afterwards a young lady approached me and told me Viorika's last words were to her and she had asked her to make a promise. Viorika asked her friend to promise to continue praying for my children after she died. This meant a lot to me. I knew my prayer for Viorika's soul had been answered. Self was dead and her thoughts were for others. I cherish the thought that her friend continues to pray for my children.

There is more to the story I will share at another time.

In His love and grace,   Richard

[This message has been edited by Richard Myers (edited 07-25-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Richard Myers (edited 08-03-2002).]

Clive Nevell

• http://
Prayers
« Reply #124 on: July 25, 2002, 05:34:00 AM »
Father in heaven your power is unlimited, and at this time bless my wifes father who is now in hospital recovering from a major operation for cancer. Be with and guide the family in New Guinea as he is with us at this time. Your name will be honoured what ever happens with him, Amen.

Clive

Ben

Prayers
« Reply #125 on: July 25, 2002, 06:02:00 AM »
I am not inclined often to ask others to pray for me and my wife; I have studied prayer and I am reforming my ideas upon it.
However, after reading this topic, I feel urged to ask you here to merge your requests to the Master with ours.

Next week we fly to Taiwan for further studies in apitherapy (bee medicine for people). It is an expensive trip, even more so since we are a self-supporting project here. This is the door for our continued stay in the field if we successfully pass the exams. My wife will have her first venom applications there for her MS, also.
We have confirmations that this is His specific orders for us; we are not questioning Him. We are asking for the Family's prayers for:
1. My wife's ear infection to be healed before we fly.
2. That our minds will be sharp enough to learn this complex medical practice from Chinese and Romanian teachers.
3. That costs can be cut or the way opened to afford all that needs to be done.
4. That our devotional life will not be compromised while amongst so many of the lost.
5. That we continue to hear His voice and follow closely.

Thanks to all that will lift us up while there!

"Rev 10:10  And I took the little scroll out of the angel's hand, and devoured it. And it was sweet like honey in my mouth; and when I ate it, my belly was made bitter."

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Prayers
« Reply #126 on: July 25, 2002, 10:18:00 AM »
Heavenly Father, you have heard our brother's prayers and you have answered them in the best possible way. We join with Brother Ben in asking for wisdom that he and his wife may give honor and glory to you in all they do. you have promised wisdom if we would ask,  and this we do for our friend.

We thank you for the light in the area of health and pray that this light will be a blessing for Brother Ben and his wife. Thank you for the faithful Seventh-day Adventist physicians that have walked in that light and may they be of help to our brother and sister, we pray in the precious name of Jesus, amen.

Joan

Prayers
« Reply #127 on: July 25, 2002, 11:57:00 AM »

Our Saviour, we love you and are here in a family situation. You believing son of faith Ben, is here in need. I ask of you in faith to arrange the money matter so that their stay in the training center will be rightly covered as well as the expenses for their trip to Twaiwan.

May the treatment his wife receives strengthen her myelin around her nervous system. I pray for a positive regeneration growth there by your healing powers. You love her and have led her this far in knowledge of natural treatment. I pray that you will reward their faith in you. I pray for Ben and his wife to be counted worthy of their calling when fulfilling their tasks that you have shown they are to do. I pray that you dear God will fulfill all your good pleasures in their lives according to your grace and power working in them. I ask you to keep on the work of grace for them in their studies that they may be then a blessing to the missionary work you have called them to.

Your will be done, I pray, in the name of Jesus Christ,
amen

Ben

Prayers
« Reply #128 on: July 25, 2002, 11:22:00 PM »
He is swift to honor faith!
An earnest of our prayers was given today; I went downtown (there is only one 'town' in this sweet country) to exchange Brunien currency for Taiwanese. Nobody deals in Taiwanese money! Tiny countries like to deal in big countries money, but it costs the customer a percentage to have it exchnaged, usually 3 to 5%...I went to 3 moneychangers (never change money at banks! very costly)
same story...but the Master lead me to one I had never used before. As soon as the Chinese lady spoke to me, I sensed her heart of kindness...she informed me that so few Taiwanese visit Brunei, and since you can use US money there (for a %!) that no one bothered stocking it. Besides the banks in Taiwan are in chaos now AND the government has reissued new notes and confusion is boiling with all the moneychangers on what to do with old ones!
Then she remembered her friend had some new notes! She called...and what do you know? She had all the amount we needed with only one note left over...She was so glad to get rid of them that we got it all for .25%
Now that is a miracle!

My wife was very moved by your prayers...choked up actually! She is saving the print out to read over and over.

Thank You so much.

"Rev 10:10  And I took the little scroll out of the angel's hand, and devoured it. And it was sweet like honey in my mouth; and when I ate it, my belly was made bitter."

Joan

Prayers
« Reply #129 on: July 26, 2002, 01:25:00 AM »

Jesus, your kindness was reached through a stranger to Ben. We all smile to you in loving gratitude for this small token of caring about their situation. We are in trusting expectation for more of what is coming for him on this trip for a money miracle you are providing for. We are trusting you for the 'windfall' of a special
type and want to rejoice in you for your plan in Ben and wife's life situation.

Praise be to you, for your will to be done,
amen.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Prayers
« Reply #130 on: July 26, 2002, 08:15:00 AM »
 :)  Thank you, heavenly Father for your kindness in giving an indication of your leading. While we walk by faith, we appreciate evey bit of revelation that you give us that our faith may be strengthened. We continue to pray for our brother and sister that you will show them the perfect path you have spread out before them. We thank you for hearing this prayer because we pray in the precious name of Jesus, amen.

Michelle

Prayers
« Reply #131 on: August 02, 2002, 07:23:00 PM »
I've posted this elsewhere, but I want you to pray for a former student of ours who is studying in a Christian university here in the United States.  She is a Christian and became so after we taught her--now she is learning truths about the Sabbath and others--please pray that her faith will be strengthened as she studies and becomes convinced and convicted of the truths she's reading.  THanks. Michelle

Liane H

Prayers
« Reply #132 on: August 03, 2002, 05:45:00 AM »
Dear Brethren:

Please pray for my friend Stephanie. At first the doctors thought she might have meningitis and it took three times to get a spinal tap for fluids, poor thing.

Now it is not meningitis. They believe she has contracted some virus, but they do not know what, so she is still in ICU and in isolation.  

She is searching for truth and has become a friend to me through the training of my Moshe for service dog work.

She does not trust people very much and loves animals greatly and does rescue work for dogs that find themselves in the shelter.

Please pray that the Lord will work in her heart to know that people can be trusted as she opens up to the Word of God.

Thank you,

Liane  

Liane, the Zoo Mama
Romans 8:19   For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Joan

Prayers
« Reply #133 on: August 03, 2002, 11:34:00 AM »

I prayed for her in moderator's room,Liana and will pray again when I have my devotions tomorrow.

Joan

Joan

Prayers
« Reply #134 on: August 03, 2002, 11:35:00 AM »
Prayer for Michelle's friend...

Jesu my Redeemer, I praise you for the events in my life that brought me from one plateau of spiritual bible knowledge to the next. In the fullness of time you arranged events in my life to want to accept you as my Savior.  I praise you for the year that came which then later brought me to want to commit myself to fully worshipping you rightly by honoring the Sabbath Saturday. Here now I pray for this girl Michelle knows who has been listening to the truth about these items. Please speak through your grace to her heart to want to accept the right way of living the Christian life according to your laws and will. May you influence the circumstances to take peace from her heart that is self instigated so that she will seek the peace from you only that is given when she is obedient to the voice of your Spirit telling her truth she needs to accept.

We all want to claim confidence in the good work you have begun in her that it will continue to be preformed until the coming of Jesus soon. I pray that this girl will be given the right spirit of discernment to approve the things you are offering her is that which is of excellence.  I pray that she will be sincere in seeking you out to commit her life into your hands. May you equip her then with the fruits of righteousness, which are by Jesus Christ for praise, and glory that belongs to you, our God.  Our real earnest expectation is to see the miracle of new birth accomplish a deep change of course in her life.  We as you to so strengthen her after her cleansing with the Spirit that she be not ashamed to go the way of conviction with boldness.  May her decision to accept Jesus’ full will for her be that she join our Remnant group for to magnify Christ as Lord of her worship day as well as Lord of her life.

I pray in belief to you, Jesus my Lord,
Amen.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Prayers
« Reply #135 on: August 03, 2002, 01:59:00 PM »
Heavenly Father, we want to than you for hearing our prayers for Brother Drew. Thank you for providing a surgeon with skill to perform the successful operation. We continue to pray for Sister Irena and Brother Drew, please continue to give them courage, strength, and wisdom...and of course healing, we pray in the precious name of Jesus, amen.

Michelle

Prayers
« Reply #136 on: August 14, 2002, 05:27:00 PM »
Thank-you for praying for my student.  Please continue.  School is starting back up for her again, and she's again voicing some doubts about what to believe.  I am so discouraged that I am not being a good witness to her--it is so difficult across email and with the language barrier.  Thank-you.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Prayers
« Reply #137 on: August 14, 2002, 09:15:00 PM »
Following are two prayer lists.

The first list is for the salvation of souls. In this forum you will find a post with prayers for each of these persons. You may add your prayers there also.

The second prayer list is for all other prayers and as requests come in, we pray in this "Prayers" thread and add the request to this Prayer List that you may continue to pray with us for these requests.

PRAYER LIST (salvation)

Ray and Paul, Sister Flo's husband and son

Sister Liane's friend, Stephanie

"Sally" is in a communist land. Missionary request for prayer for her.

Sandy's husband

"lost"

Laurie's friend "the truck driver" first time in SDA church

Harrisville, Queensland, Australia

Miguel Guedes

William J. Clinton

Sister Suzanne's children

Richard's children, Jade, Kimberly, & Michael

Richard's friend, Kevin

Lorrie,James, 2 children

Glen

Dr. Oung

The City of KONGSBERG, Norway

Tami's mother and Grandma Rosie

Martin

Lura's children

Patti's husband

Lord, we join our hearts together seeking these precious souls for your kingdom.
In the precious name of Jesus we pray. Amen.

SPECIAL PRAYER REQUESTS

Karyn, husband Bobby, and Girl Dog
Sister Michelle's Christian friend
Brother Ben...wisdom and healing for wife
Brother Clive's father-in-law...cancer
Brother Drew, in hospital and will have sugery week of 7/29
Church at Kortrijk, Belgium
Exec Committee, Belgium-Luxembourg Conference
Graham, Rudi, & Hugo @ Harrisville church
Sherri, Katie, Jeff, Doug, and Doug's father
Webb family in Australia
Dr. E.P. in New Jersey
Anne
Kathy
Phillip, an orphan
Eli
City of Bakersfield, California
Sister Dethick--Australia
Brother Stark--Australia
Pastor Blake's sign language Bible Study videos for the Philippines
Brother Filipe's church in  Pedroso, Portugal
Brother John's son-in-law
Shirlene
Rain in Queensland, Australia
Heather's father, Jim Clyde
Brother David Battler's friend's children in Tornado above Calgary Canada.
Brother Crawford's mother-in-law
General Conference session in Toronto
City of Toronto
Sister Stephanie   medical test
Sister Sherri's mother in hospital
For Australian satellite receivers
Jerry Chapman and family
Wisdom and strength for Rose-Marrie
Toomelh Aboriginal Mission, Qld, Australia
Goondiwindi, Queensland, Australia

General Conference delegates
David's brother, Greg in Vancouver
Companheiros
Sister Theresa and her mum
Reg and Helen's son (paralized)
Cathy Bird & Joanna Kila
Brother and Sister Parsons/Cape Breton
Brother Filipe and Susana
Sharon Ferguson, advanced diabetes
Hope Ravelo, swollen foot
persecuted families, Plan de Ayala, Mexico
HMS Richards Jr.
Ainslie Draper
Pastor Steven Wilson
Pastor Donny
Eron Mannam
Steve
Ryan in seminary
Viorika's mother
Matthew Laurie's friends
Craig
John
Brother Allan's evangelism
Clive Jr.
SDA internet forum
Jeff (in prison)
Jeff's family
Bob (out of jail)
San Francisco  
Wally
Colleen
SDA hospitals
Fasheena
Ashton's family
Robyn and Cathy
Alex and Pat
Avalee's former church
Avalee's work situation
Dale,Keith, etc.
Gerry's friends
John and Elaine
Brother and Sister Braun
Ken and Bonnie
Brother Gary's health and work
Sister Sofia Pereeira..Portugal
Sister Elsie Dethick...friend of Clive Newell

[This message has been edited by Richard Myers (edited 09-15-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Richard Myers (edited 10-21-2002).]

Clive Nevell

Prayers
« Reply #138 on: August 23, 2002, 12:00:00 PM »
Father please be with Josie and her father as they travel back to P.N.G. May they both sense your presence as they go home. When Josie gives her sister our letter may your Holy Spirit open her sister heart to the pleadings we are making for her to return to the Lord and bring Margaret back to your home so when at the Second Coming we may all be there either raised at the resurrection or being alive to look up and say "lo this is our God we have waited for him and He will save us".
Amen.

Clive

[This message has been edited by Clive Nevell (edited 08-23-2002).]

Joan

Prayers
« Reply #139 on: August 23, 2002, 12:12:00 PM »

So let it be, Father, that you influence the situation of Margaret for her conversion. May she hear the word of God of the good news of the gospel and respond to Jesus as her savior from all boundage in her spirit and soul. In the name of Jesus I pray that she be set free !

amen.