Author Topic: Prayers  (Read 71871 times)

Wendy

• http://www.megspace.com/religion/cainan/
Prayers
« Reply #100 on: July 19, 2001, 07:22:00 PM »
Wow, that really is interesting.

I bet several senators nearly had a coronary!  :P

WendyL ~ Maranatha!:)

Joan

Prayers
« Reply #101 on: July 20, 2001, 01:14:00 AM »
Thank the Lord that this man had the courage to be honest in praying. May the Spirit of God uphold this man in his insights to work upon these words for further witnessing in conversation to wrongs that need to get righted.

May the Lord work on the minds of the listeners in that past Kansas Session opening not to forget that prayer but to seek to respond with proper representation in Congress for witness to the Right way of righteousness.

And of course may the men in that senate group be able to respond to hearing the gospel preached to them through some media before they bite the dust from  a 'coronary'.

:) Joan

M.A. Crawford

• http://
Prayers
« Reply #102 on: July 20, 2001, 07:27:00 AM »
The prayer quoted above is what I term an outstanding example of true, from the heart, intercessory prayer. I especially like the way the minister began his prayer by first of all asking for forgiveness of sins. I too believe it is the FIRST ORDER OF BUSINESS in our prayers to ask God to forgive us of our sins before we proceed. I am also impressed with the boldness and courage this individual demonstrated by CALLING SIN BY ITS RIGHT NAME without regard for attempting to win the praise and adoration of men.

There is a lesson to be learned from this prayer by us all as we continue to stand or kneel in God's Presence--from the desk or in private--and offer prayers for ourselves and for others.

M.A.      

M.A.

Joan

Prayers
« Reply #103 on: September 07, 2001, 04:29:00 AM »
A special handshake of recognition to one of the participating writers on TRO who just two months ago (sorry I didn't notice sooner) was ordained to the SDA ministry....Larry Kirkpatrick.  A write up of the ceremony is to be viewed at :
http://www.greatcontroversy.org/reportandreview/kir-ordination.html

Prayer :
Our dear Father God in heaven, I approach you with a request.

Because of the dangers from the Evil one wanting to tear apart men willing to be open and true to Your principles, I ask for a special amount of wisdom to accompany this brothers ministry.

Please endow him with the sensibilities to remain humble in approaching your throne but firm in faith when asking for Your will to be done in his life.

Give this brother, please, the sensitivity of discernment between good and evil and a good portion of Grace from you to choose the good. Hedge him in with a spiritual plexiglass faith war-shield against the stones of the enemies so his soul will be saved in the end.

Encourage him to cast all his cares upon you and bask in the loving care You have for him. Up lift the ones who come in contact his ministry that he will be the channel of your chastisements and blessings.

And to all may Jesus be glorified and the SDA church not be maligned because of his faithfulness of living and preaching in truth.

In the name of our Lord and Savior Christ Jesus I pray,
amen.

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Prayers
« Reply #104 on: September 07, 2001, 05:10:00 AM »
Amen. Faithful ministers need our prayers. We must press together as the lion roars. They are the special targets of the evil one and our prayers will avail much with God in giving strength to God's ministers.

May the Lord bless Pastor Larry's ministry.

Richard

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Prayers
« Reply #105 on: September 18, 2001, 12:46:00 PM »
Heavenly Father, we pray for all of those who have lost family and friends in the terrorist attacks in the United States. We pray for those that may be trapped in the wreckage of the World Trade Center. We pray for the leaders that have responsibility for dealings with the situation. Much wisdom is needed. We know that the end is near, but we pray that the winds of strife will be held back until your people have given the last message of mercy to a world soon to perish. Forgive us for not having done so many years ago. Help us to redeem the time. We pray in the precious name of Jesus, amen.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Wendy

• http://www.megspace.com/religion/cainan/
Prayers
« Reply #106 on: September 18, 2001, 08:12:00 PM »
Amen.

If there is anyone still left alive Lord, please help them find them before it's too late. And please help us spread the Your word so everyone can have a chance to be rescued from this disaster called Earth.

Amen

------------------

Joan

Prayers
« Reply #107 on: September 28, 2001, 03:31:00 AM »

Father in heaven,
We as a group of your children have taken on this art of talking with one another in the Internet by supporting this TRO forum. We get very discouraged when the hardware isn't working rightly or when unknown gremlin-like activities take place in the net of software we are reliant on.

We hurt to see how the attacks on the system is stymeing our outreach one to another. You are sovereign over the whole works. We need your assistance and work to get Richard and Clive up and going without worries on their PC's. Please supply the right persons and monies to help them fulfill their volunteer commitments.

May your healing work on TRO among the readers not be hindered. May your workers be equipted with right functioning computers to serve as You see fit.

Thy will be done.
amen

Liane H

• http://
Prayers
« Reply #108 on: September 28, 2001, 07:21:00 PM »
Dear Lord:

Thank you for my life. Thank you for the fellowship of TRO. Thank you for the opportunity to share our love and feel the power of your grace in our lives.

Please protect us here at TRO. Help those in need to get their computers up and running so that we can reach all those souls longing for peace of heart and mind.

Thank you for taking care of Joan on that highway. We love and need her to help us in the work. Her fellowship is a blessing for our lives.

Be with Richard and Clive. Let them not feel discouraged, but know that we are all praying for their computers to be up and running and we ask that they have a blessed Sabbath.

We thank you for this fellowship and the love that is given to us through you in our lives. What a blessing it is to share our thoughts and beliefs with each other.

Where there are differences, let the power of your Word come to our hearts and give us peace. We see the forces starting to take place in the world and prophecies coming to life before our eyes.

Let not these things discourage us, but lift us up and draw closer to you.

We thank you for all the blessings and look to you for all the answers to our needs.

Please be with those in power and that in their minds give them the wisdom to do right.

In Jesus name I give praise. Amen

Liane

Liane, the Zoo Mama
Romans 8:19   For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Joan

Prayers
« Reply #109 on: October 05, 2001, 03:38:00 AM »

May the holy Almighty God, who is one, be praised !

We are your creatures, given life by the power of your breath. You are the beginning and end of all life. Our worship goes out of our hearts to you. We are in awe as to how you act as the keeper of your creation. Thank you for being the provider of our human needs. We trust you because of having experienced that you are the manager of all that you have put into existance with your unlimited creative architectual plans.

With awe we try to comphrehend that you were never created, that you always were and always will be. The mystery of eternity in unfathomable for us. The mystery of you being unmoveable, unchangable and undefeateable is causing us to bow our whole being in worship before your presence.

The beauty of the Love with which you love us has done so much in regenerating that which caused us to be degenerated. We have been bruised by the interaction of this world's ways. You have brought us healing. You have eased the pain by bringing into our lives instruments of righteousness in persons, in print, or words or deeds. We have experienced rejection and even persecution for our beliefs. You have brought us comfort  as we dwelt on the bible words telling us of the coming rewards of being in the presence of the Jesus. He to whom we owe our convictions. You have brought us to life through the miracle of the new-birth in Christ. We live now in freedom as the word is understood by you. Freedom not to sin. Freedom to be as you planned for us to be. God be thanked and praised for this !

It is the peace you give which passes all understanding for which I want to thank you for now. It is understandable only by those who experience it. It is the presence of your being in our innermost souls. The substance of hope being an assurety within us that though we do not see by sight our faith fears not. Thank you for the promises given us throught the prophets that while we go through the confusion, attacks, pain and loss we still will be the winners at the end.

This New Age has brought much to fear and worry about. We are casting our anxieties on you because you care about us. Your light will give us needed knowledge, your guidance will give us needed wisdom. Your Character being formed to maturity in us will give us the right attitude as well as the right way of dealing with others in goodness, kindness and gentleness. We are asking for you to come to us in your being....come to us in your holy righteousness, that we be right as you want us to be right.

Give us please the spirit of humble repentance. Touch us with insight to our present condition. When we are unclean in some area please accept our moment of recognition and turning to you for cleansing. You mind is on us each and every moment. Forgive us for turning our minds from thinking of you each and every moment for the lusts of the secular world. Cleanse us with the efficacious blood of Jesus Christ your Son.

Some of us have lost our first love even though we are still hanging on with faithfulness. Renew a right spirit within in us, please. Let the joy of our Salvation be renewed as well.  Help us please, to see that your burden that we carry is made light by your sharing in this burden.  Despite all the rough ways many of us go through you still are giving us an abundant life where swift wonderful living water quenches our souls thirsting.

I pray here with heartfelt longing for all of us who are running ahead of you and who try to manage the show without your permission. Please give those of us who so act chastizement so we learn where are place is in following you and your instructions.

For the glory of Christ and in the power of His name I pray....amen.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Prayers
« Reply #110 on: October 05, 2001, 06:38:00 AM »
Amen, Sister Joan, amen. We need Jesus each moment. He is well able to keep us from falling or to bring us back into a full surrender.

Sister Liane, thank you for your prayer. It was needed.   :)

Heavenly Father, keep our hearts today that we may have peace amid the storm. There are some reading today that need to be encouraged that you love them. Please speak to their hearts of your love. Help us to prepare for the Sabbath, we pray in the precious name of Jesus, amen.

[This message has been edited by Richard Myers (edited 10-27-2001).]

Joan

Prayers
« Reply #111 on: October 27, 2001, 04:34:00 AM »

Almighty Father in heaven, hear my prayer please as I now wish to pray in intercession for my brethren. For Christ's sake.

Our Saviour Jesus was so perfect that he yielded not even b y 'thoughts' to the power of temptation. Never and nowhere could Satan accuse him and thus gain the victory. As weak as I am I pray for us believers here, to You my God,  to come to that same conditional state of being. Equipt us to come to such a state of keeping Your commandments that no sin be found in us so Satan could use us to his advantage.

We true Adventi believers are approaching the time of trouble. We need this condition of total commitment in body and soul to be found in us. I pray that you work a work of grace that we receive from You by faith such a condition. We want to unite our weakness to your strength. Our unworthiness please cover with the merits of Christ. Let our ignorance be turned away for the wisdom that comes from above.

You taught us in 1Cor13 that agapè love is patient,  kind,  not irritable,  not easy to offend,  not jealous,  not boastful,  not insisting on its own way,  not rude,  is not resentful,  is not gleeful at wrongs of others, and agapè never ends. Many of us are missing these points in our lives in a consistant way. Heal us, cleanse us, make us right so that these items will be a very real part of our Character.

Please hear my prayer as I ask you to mold in us the trait of agapè love so we will be able to bear all things, believe all things, hope all things and endure all things for your Kingdom and your glory sake.

Amen.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Prayers
« Reply #112 on: October 27, 2001, 04:57:00 AM »
Amen, we do indeed need more of Jesus.

Joan

Prayers
« Reply #113 on: November 09, 2001, 04:20:00 AM »

"Father in Heaven, in the name of your only begotten Son,  I, Joan, approach you in His merits to pray for my brethern. We, your born a-new children, have responded to your call, committed our lives to you, and are living in the blessings of santification thinking often on the promise of our glorification.

I ask you to renew in us a spirit of patience and willingness to keep on carrying our designated cross as we follow you. I pray that the love we have for one another will be a fragrance pleasing to your nostrils. Promote in us a character of humble, diligent,and  faithful willingness in any toil we have to labor at.

We know that the work of your santification in us is not for a moment, or accomplished in a day. We see it is your wanting us to die daily to sin while living each day commited a-new to Christ. Help us to remain consistant and that we won't give in to moods or feelings of wanting to give up or loose our tempers. We walk in faith in You that you do not leave us unprotected when we call upon your wisdom, stength and guidance to our present problems and needs.

Praise out of our hearts goes to you, and our love is reaching out to you...please be merciful to us.
Amen.

Joan

Prayers
« Reply #114 on: November 15, 2001, 07:58:00 AM »

My praise goes out to your my God, because of your giving me a sense of comfort at being able to approach you. You only begotten Son Yeshuah our Christ has made this possible. My heart is full of thankfulness because of this.

When thinking of you in the quiet moments while looking at all those wonderful huge trees around where I live, I have a sense of excitement for how wonderful you are in your creative ways. There are times of silence when I stand before you not knowing how to put into words just how full of reverence I am for you. I want to offer you the intelligent, worthy homage you deserve of my deepest devotion. I fail so often to do so properly. Please forgive me and help me move on into a deeper commitment of letting loose those bits of fearful caution by not knowing if I am being fully accepted. Cleanse away from me uncertainies and small worries that hinder my completely relaxing into your Grace.

May I and my brethern here be helped with divine inspiration of insight to discern which man-instigated religious traditions are hindering our rightful fellowshipping with you in honor. Please cleanse away the chaff of non-useful items in our lives. And let your joy fill our service to you out of the enthusiasim we have because of the big bubble of hope swelling up in us that your coming is closer than ever before to take us home where we belong.

We love you and want to rightly worship you. May the Holiness of your Spirit so lead us as you see fit.
Amen.

Joan

Prayers
« Reply #115 on: November 23, 2001, 05:30:00 AM »
Psalm 25:20-21
"Oh, keep my soul, and deliver me; let me not be ashamed, for I put my trust in You. Let integrity and uprightness preserve me, for I wait for You."

Good morning Jesus..... Your goodness is there all around us. We are seeing it in the many advantages of life we live with. We give you all the glory and honor for the achievements, happenings, material benefits  and accomplishments we are living in. We are learning not to fear the hard things in life for your will is working still even through the hard times to make us a better person. What is so exciting is the wonderful thought that you are just a heart's whisper of crying out away from all and everything we experience.

O, Lord, use us as Your instrument today, teach me Your ways in love and compassion. Remind us to forgive those that have hurt us. Let your light shine in us here on TRO, allowing us to point the way to You. Let your children who are in contact with this forum bask today in your sweet love. Mellow us into maturity of wisdom and discernment.

Amen.

Joan

Prayers
« Reply #116 on: December 02, 2001, 09:33:00 AM »

Dear Heavenly Father, I pray to you for my other believers here, for those unspoken requests in the situations you know about. We want our faith toward you be be calm and steady as we mentally dwell on the promises that we trust in about your allowing all circumstances to be for our good because we trust in you. I trust and believe that whatever you say will come to pass. I wait upon your grace to work in the lives of those needing your comfort at this moment. Also I ask for your Spiritual intervention in the lives of those here who are under tension because of a heavy workload. I pray for them to receive moments  soon of refreshing relaxation and enjoyment. And please allow the healing to come to those who are now really from the heart in faith towards you are praying for such bodily healing either for themselves or for a loved one.

Your Words says that they that wait upon the Lord "shall" renew their strength, they "shall" mount on wing as eagles ..."  I trust you Lord and I depend totally on you, not on man who continues to fail me, but on you Lord.  You are our strength and our redeemer.  I love you Lord and I thank God for your son Jesus Christ who died for my sins and those here who also know it personally. You have given us a new and more abundant life !  I sincerely prayer for all those who may read this prayer that You hear not only my prayer but theirs as well.

At this present time we turn away from the conflict we are personally experiencing. We look deeply into your kind loving eyes and see that all things are possible to them who believe. The situation that seems to be getting us down is being very slowly resolved as a result of direct prayer and our God's strength, not by our might or shinanigins.

May you please, precious Lord, give me a spirit of joy in the midst of the worst of it. I pray for those who are really in the lowest ebb of the flood waters seeming to drown them that they will see the way of escape. May the way of escape be paved with the stones of bright praise to you. Stepping stones of thanksgiving lifted up to your heavenly courts.

Praise Him, He is faithful!!
Amen.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Prayers
« Reply #117 on: December 02, 2001, 09:01:00 PM »
Amen!

Joan

Prayers
« Reply #118 on: December 16, 2001, 06:28:00 AM »

In the name of Jesus our Christ,  your holy only begotten Son, I pray to God the father in heaven. Happiness floods my heart for the forgiveness I have received by confessing my sin. Thank you for your Blood, Jesus, that cleanses me from all unrighteousness.

For my brethern here I now also pray with lots of real love out of my heart for them. As you do Jesus, I yearn too for them to not to be abused by Satan. I plead for you actively protecting them from great harm. Allow that they go about their duties in the light of your presence. Incline your ear to their prayers of need. And give them your peace of assurance they are indeed fulfilling your will.

You have called us to a ministry for the sake of upholding the way of teachings that you approve of. Your intent was to choose the foolish and weak of us, your children, to confound the elements of this world's peoples who operate in the strength of their might. For us to bring down to nothing elements that are tantamount to idol worship. But we who are despised for our looks , convictions or status have been chosen by You to bring earthly powers down to the level of nothingness so that the boaster's mouths will be stuffed and they will not dare anymore to glory of themselves in your presence.

Agreed, we are indeed earthly vessels with all the cracks and crevices of human character showing imperfections. But our hope and faith is that the excellency of your power in glory will be manifested through us so all praise goes to you. I pray that the spirit and power of Elijah be emulated through the men leading on this Remnant Forum. Please let the vision of victory coming soon be their portion for nourishment. If some should have moments of running from their personal Jazebel threating them, send them their angel to tell them the dogs will be soon eating up their enemies.

We wait in expectation for your will to be done.
Amen

Joan

Prayers
« Reply #119 on: January 11, 2002, 04:14:00 AM »
Holy and blessed, are you our God and Father, who has accepted us as your children through your Son and our Lord Jesus Christ. We daily rejoice in this precious priviledge we have been given by your grace, to live in a lively hope of being resurrected when Jesus comes again. We are kept by your power through our faith towards you for this salvation you offer us. Please, may the circumstances allow you to send your Son again back to earth soon.
There are alot of us here in heavy various temptations and trials. I wish to pray for such brethern which are being attacked in any such way. Please help them to rejoice in these trials for your honor sake knowing that they will become more precious in character having been tried by the fire to have the dross of wrongness in their lives burnt out and the precious metal of faith refined and strengthened.
Give my brethern the heavenly wisdom to cope in their situations so that their minds will be sober in thinking and not lax in understanding of the wider scope of their problems. Please help us all to look more objectively at our selfs to identify where we are the source of our own prolem makings when such is the case, and please help us reach the point of humility to confess our weakness and allow your Spirit to work a work of healing in our twisted thinking or personality that we beging to react or think more according to your good judgements.
We want to honor you in Name among the ones we have to deal with. Speak to us in our hearts as to how we are to be obedient children and that we not anymore form ourselves according to the wrong learned habits of behavior patterns or lusts before we were converted to your new creature that you are making of us.
You have and are still calling us to be holy but it sure seems strange for us to so act  holy at times. Please take that strangeness away, as well as the fear of what other people think about us, so that we can be holy in all manner of actions or words in our way of living.
Glory be to Jesus Christ because it is in Your name I pray to the Father,
Amen.