Author Topic: Very Urgent Prayer Requests.... Part 2  (Read 186137 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Very Urgent Prayer Requests.... Part 2
« Reply #160 on: October 31, 2008, 10:04:33 AM »
Amazing that the world would allow such things to happen today. I wonder which country would want to kill a person for spreading the gospel of good news?  Sadly there is more than one!      And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled. Rev. 6:11.

Heavenly Father, we ask for your blessing on those who willingly put themselves at risk by sharing the truth of Christ with the world. Use this situation to  your honor and glory. Comfort the individual who has been jailed and if it will work for his salvation and your glory, free him. Like in the stoning of Stephen and the murder of Paul, reveal Christ to those involved, we pray in the precious name of Jesus, amen.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Dora

• For the battle is not yours, but God's.
« Reply #161 on: October 31, 2008, 12:15:25 PM »
Amen!
Dora

Dora

« Reply #162 on: December 31, 2008, 07:17:23 AM »
I just received this prayer request from my daughter.  It concerns the daughter of Pastor Quentin Purvis who was the pastor at Kalamazoo church a few years ago.  Please join with me in prayer for Katie and the others who are ill.
................................................. ...........................................
Please pray about this...Katie Purvis has been taken along with 5 others to the hospital in Mexico with vomiting, diarrhea, very high fevers, hallucinations, and fainting.  They have no idea at this time what is causing this but there is a serious situation going on right now that is in need of prayer.   In all, 20 of the people in this group that went have gotten sick.  They have just taken the worst cases to the hospital. 

Dear pastors and office staff,

We are in need of your prayer and prayer chains started in your churches if possible.  I just received a phone call from Kim Purvis. She and her family were one of the families that joined many Michigan kids and adults from churches all across Michigan on a bus to go down to the heart of Mexico to be a part of a mission trip.  They left December 20th and everything has been going great, except Sabbath morning, 20 of our Michigan people had gotten sick..  She had called me for prayer and to activate prayer chains because they are taking the six sickest people to the hospital right now because they are just getting worse.  Vomiting, diarrhea, very high fevers, hallucinations, and fainting.  Her daughter Katie is one of them that have been taken to the hospital.  They have no idea at this time what is causing this but there is a serious situation going on right now that is in need of prayer.

Thank you for your continued prayers in this situation.  If I receive another call, I will keep you posted.

God bless,
Cindy Stephan
---------------------

Dora

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #163 on: December 31, 2008, 08:15:23 AM »
Heavenly Father, we pray that you will help these children of yours that are on a missionary trip. You have promised to provide for our needs as we do your work. There is great risk in going into such situations and these families accepted those risks. If they have not walked in the light, then we pray that you will bring this to their attention, that you can heal them of their illness. If they have been following your ways, then we pray that you heal them for your honor and your glory that they may be your witnesses in this city that is soon to perish. We pray this in the precious name of Jesus, amen!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Lewis

« Reply #164 on: December 31, 2008, 08:25:29 AM »
Heavenly Father, we pray that you will help these children of yours that are on a missionary trip. You have promised to provide for our needs as we do your work. There is great risk in going into such situations and these families accepted those risks. If they have not walked in the light, then we pray that you will bring this to their attention, that you can heal them of their illness. If they have been following your ways, then we pray that you heal them for your honor and your glory that they may be your witnesses in this city that is soon to perish. We pray this in the precious name of Jesus, amen!

AMEN!

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #165 on: December 31, 2008, 03:30:28 PM »

... and Amen!
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Dora

« Reply #166 on: January 02, 2009, 02:42:58 PM »
This was received today from one of the families of the missionary team in MI who went to Mexico:

Prayers have been answered!

Katie Purvis and the rest of the Mission Mexico group are recovering from food poisoning.  Thank you for your prayers.

Dora

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #167 on: January 02, 2009, 02:49:31 PM »
This is wonderful news, Dora! Praise His Name!

Lewis

« Reply #168 on: January 02, 2009, 02:53:50 PM »
Praise God

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
« Reply #169 on: January 02, 2009, 02:58:18 PM »
How are these people communicating with the rest of the world?  One of my employee's daughters is down there with that group, and he has heard nothing from them since they entered Mexico.  If there was some contact information, he would probably appreciate it.
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

Dora

« Reply #170 on: January 02, 2009, 05:15:19 PM »
It must be through Pastor Purvis.  Katie is his daughter.  I will call my daughter right now, Wally, and see what I can learn.
Dora

Lewis

« Reply #171 on: January 03, 2009, 02:48:15 PM »
We just found out that our landlord John H. had a snowmobile accident last Sabbath. He had very serious head injuries. He was not expected to live beyond that day. He is still alive, but is still in a coma. They are not sure if he will make it out of the coma, and if he does, not sure what condition he will ever be in.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #172 on: January 03, 2009, 02:55:03 PM »
We will pray the Lord's will, Lewis.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #173 on: January 27, 2009, 07:04:15 PM »
As this ice storm passes over the northeast, we need to pray for those without power, some of which are our members.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #174 on: January 27, 2009, 07:04:56 PM »
We just found out that our landlord John H. had a snowmobile accident last Sabbath. He had very serious head injuries. He was not expected to live beyond that day. He is still alive, but is still in a coma. They are not sure if he will make it out of the coma, and if he does, not sure what condition he will ever be in.

Lewis - do you have an update on your landlord's condition you can share?

Lewis

« Reply #175 on: January 27, 2009, 07:26:52 PM »
Lewis - do you have an update on your landlord's condition you can share?

About a week ago we spoke with someone who is a very good friend of his. He responds with small hand movements if the doctors asks him, but that is about all. No verbal other other body movements in response from what I understand. As soon as I get a more current update I will post it.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #176 on: July 12, 2009, 03:05:40 PM »
We just got word of a very serious situation with our sister, Liane. We request prayers on her behalf.

Hi Sybil,
Just an FYI for you about Liane... she went into surgery for her back and they think she had a stroke and had to revive her 4 times on the table.  She is in serious condition and is not conscious.

Sister Glass gave us an update on June 8, 2009, a little over a month ago:

I received this from Sister Liane a week ago. She is up and around some right now, but still going to surgery again in July.
===================
Well it has taken me a few days to sort all of what happened out in my mind. Presently I am recovering from the world wind experience I went through up at the Reno hospital. Nothing went well and still more to be done. We went from Plan A to Plan B and when the doctor got into the operating room and they did the angiogram he was only able to put one stent in me at that time of Plan B.

By the grace of God I am still alive as somehow my body did a natural bypass so that blood could flow from my head down to my feat and back up again. I was so blocked with plaque that my blood is not going through the abdominal aorta as it should. Somehow my body is using a vessel that normally flows blood in two direction on the side of my intestines and circles around to the other end of my aorta where the blockage ends. Do not know completely as everything I get is second hand information and all of it is given to my friend Heidi who was with me and I got a synopsis of the info.

The bottom line is that I know I am alive and that what is going on is keeping me alive for now. We have made a new schedule for the next Plan C operation on July 9th and we see the doctor on July 8th for the update of what is going to happen with Plan C operation. When I woke up after the surgery with such expectations and the stupid nurse said it did not go well I was so upset and I was alone at the time as Heidi had gone out to eat and was not there.

For now the one new stent seems to be helping my right leg better than it was before. I would always be in a lot of pain when I walked and now it seems more even as far as the pain in the hips and buttocks when I walk.

The last two days have been a lot of up and down emotions and I am sure as it gets closer to the next surgery I am going to have a lot of emotional anxiety knowing that this is a major surgery and all.

At the same time for three weeks now I have lost whatever hearing I had in my left ear. I was severe to profound in the left ear and now am profoundly in both ears. I went to see a ENT the next day after the surgery, but he could not find anything wrong. He took out the wax in both ears, but could not find any infection, swelling or anything wrong with the left ear. I suggests I get a MRI of my head to see if anything is going on inside where he cannot see with the naked eye. He also suggests that I register for the Cochlear Implant program and go that route as I am an excellent candidate for it since I already had hearing before and would be saved a lot of the long term recovery and training to understand words. I could forgot the implant and go in the direction of using both lip reading, which I have always used, and sign language, but that would put me into a whole other world of the deaf, whereas I have always been in the hearing world for the most part using what residual hearing with my hearing aid in the left ear along with lip reading.

As for how I got here it was my own fault with my very bad eating habits and lack of exercise for many years. I just cannot realize how bad it was until now the end results I find myself in presently. I am blessed to have people who care about me and are helping me get through this with support. When we were in the waiting room to get pre-op there was this lady that was alone waiting as well. Heidi my friend and caregiver went over to her and started a conversation with her until the nurse called the lady to come with her. Heidi told me that she was 79 years old and had no family and lived alone and was having major neck surgery. It broke our hearts and I will never forget her smile when we wished her well and said goodbye as she left the room. I think Heidi going over to her was everything to her. I felt so guilty with all that God has given me in support and friends for if not I would have been just as alone as that lady.

What we have presently planned is putting a Dacron bypass around my abdominal aorta that will bypass the blocked area of my plaque that closed up since I last saw what it looked like two years ago. The doctor will also clean out my kidney arteries of plaque so they will be open and keep my so far good kidneys functioning.
After the surgery I will be in the hospital or seven days and then off to rehab depending on how well I recover.

Whether the doctor is mulling through his brain a Plan D I do not know. He did that in the meantime when we talked about Plan A when I saw him and then tells us there is a Plan B of which I was not expecting. He said he had been thinking a lot about my medical problems and how it could be done. He wants to wait on the surgery until July so that he could put his vacation behind him and be able to focus on me for the pre and post op care I will need. He is a sweet guy and I picked on him because of the changes. I hope he understands my dry sense of humor.

In closing I know that God is in charge and taking care of all this and I can only follow His will and allow what comes according to His will. I am by no means brave as my friend Heidi could testify, but I do trust God and know that whatever is best for me is being done.

Liane, the Zoo Mama - Proverbs: KJV 24:11 If thou forbear to deliver them that are drawn unto death, and those that are ready to be slain; 24:12 If thou sayest, Behold, we knew it not; doth not he that pondereth the heart consider it? and he that keepeth thy soul, doth not he know it? and shall not he render to every man according to his works? [/color]

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #177 on: July 12, 2009, 03:11:19 PM »
Eternal Father, our sister, Liane, is in Your hands. Oh how we pray Your watch care over her. You know the struggles she has endured to right her health habits and she knew she could not do it without You. Please, dear God, help this woman if it is Your will that she recover. We are ever dependent upon You. We pray this in the Name of Jesus, our Savior, our Redeemer and Healer. Amen.   

Lewis

« Reply #178 on: July 12, 2009, 03:29:12 PM »
Eternal Father, our sister, Liane, is in Your hands. Oh how we pray Your watch care over her. You know the struggles she has endured to right her health habits and she knew she could not do it without You. Please, dear God, help this woman if it is Your will that she recover. We are ever dependent upon You. We pray this in the Name of Jesus, our Savior, our Redeemer and Healer. Amen.   

AMEN!

Esther 7

• http://
« Reply #179 on: July 12, 2009, 04:27:43 PM »
I'm sorry, the post is confusing. The update, that is from the past correct? And she has had another, more recent surgery that she is not recovering well from?

Dear Heavenly Father, please, we leave our dear Sister Liane in your hands. You are the only one we can trust her with. You know what is best for her and what she needs. We know that you love her even more than we do, and we know that you want her with you eternally. Whatever it takes so that this can happen, we know you will do. Thank you Lord for loving Liane and us so much that you never give up on us, no matter what we do, and thank you for being our Rock and Redeemer.

We praise your Holy Name, and we rest in you...

Amen