Author Topic: Very Urgent Prayer Requests.... Part 2  (Read 186109 times)

Dora

• For the battle is not yours, but God's.
Re: Very Urgent Prayer Requests.... Part 2
« Reply #140 on: June 11, 2008, 09:27:31 PM »
True.  But, wouldn't it be wonderful if Brother Griffin was found not to have cancer even before the scheduled surgery!!!  God can take this and use it to bring others to Him, and to show His love for His people.
Dora

Sister Marie

• May God's Light Shine On Us All
« Reply #141 on: June 12, 2008, 02:15:19 AM »
I hope and pray that things turn out good for him. If they do the praise will go to the surgery instead of to God only. It is so hard to know what to do now days about things like this. It is hard to trust God only, and not the doctors knife. A friend of mine with advanced cancer is doing this. Went all raw and has lost weight and feels better than he has in many years. Yet, will he live? If not, is that God's will or does God expect us to do as much as we can in having surgery? A question we all need to answer for ourselves I guess. But one thing is for sure, if one goes without the surgery, and the person lives, in praising God... even the un=believer could be blessed to see it was God's healing hand.  I have wondered over this question for a long time and still don't know for sure, what I would do if it were me. May God be with this dear brother is my prayer, that His healing hand will be upon him.
With Christian Love,
Marie

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #142 on: June 13, 2008, 06:14:27 PM »
This comes from Dane Griffin's daughter, Gina, from her facebook webpage:

Hey all! I wanted to get the word out about a loyal and long-time friend to many of you...and, of course, my and Anthony's Dad.

For those of you who may not know him, He works for the Michigan Conference as the Media Director.

Dane was recently (1 week ago) diagnosed with kidney, bladder and urethral cancer. It is a huge shock, he is so healthy.

We are asking for as many people as we can find to pray for him, and especially SATURDAY, June 14th. This is the day he is having his major, major surgery. They are removing his kidney, part of his bladder, and his ureter (tube connecting the two).

Joining this group will spread the word and let us know that your prayers are going up for him. If we could have hundreds of people praying for him during his surgery, what comfort and POWER that would give him! This is a very emotional time for him, scary as well as hopeful. We are all wondering why this is happening to him, please keep our family in your prayers.

I am also asking whoever feels like sending Dane a note of encouragement or thoughts, please send it to me via my facebook. I will print them all out, and what a JOY he will have reading them all before Surgery! I will give them to him to read while he is waiting to go in to the operating room.

Love to all! Thankyou so much!! Love, Gina
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #143 on: June 14, 2008, 01:08:47 PM »
That's today, Sabbath, the 14th!

Such a loving child and one that values the blessings of prayer. She knows where the healing power resides!

Heavenly Father, bless this daughter's prayer for her father. He has been faithful to present the health message. Use him to your honor and glory, we pray in the precious name of Jesus, amen.

The Michigan conference has been calling for revival and reformation. It is a blessing to see they hired Dane for this position. May God richly bless this conference in their desire to see revival in God's church.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #144 on: June 14, 2008, 06:35:10 PM »
I have thought about our Dane all day. Should anyone get an update on his surgery, would you please let us know?

Lewis

« Reply #145 on: June 14, 2008, 06:49:29 PM »
Here is an update on Dane....

Quote (relayed by Kevin Barrett)
"I just spoke with the family of Dane Griffin and they wish to share the following with their conference family:

Dane Griffin successfully came through his surgery today. The surgeons removed his left kidney, the left ureter, and a small portion of his bladder. As a precaution, three lymph nodes were also taken out. It is believed that the cancer was contained in the organs that were removed. A pathology report will be released later this week, and pending that report, the family is optimistic for a complete recovery.

Please continue to remember Dane and his family in your prayers."

Michael Nickless
Communication Director
Michigan Conference of Seventh-day Adventists

Dora

« Reply #146 on: June 14, 2008, 07:08:34 PM »
We can thank our Lord, and keep praying for Dane's speedy, complete recovery.
God knows how this couple, Dane and his wife, Vicki can be such a blessing in their ministry; also that Dane will give God all the glory for his recovery.

The members from our church who were at campmeeting were eager to hear the report, also.  I immediately called them, asking also for continued prayer.

Thank all of you for the update...I was waiting to see it.
Dora

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #147 on: June 17, 2008, 06:15:21 PM »
From Gina through Kevin Barrett on Dane:

Subject: Dad Dearest friends,

Thank you for your prayers and messages! They have meant so much to me! Dad was greatly touched to get all your notes. I am sorry I didn't write sooner...I haven't had internet readily available and have been spending most of my time with Dad. He pulled through the surgery fine. Very sore, two large incisions, but he is walking around, talking and improving. He just came down with a paralytic ileus (part of his intestine is 'frozen'.) so will be staying in the hospital for a few more days. It will work itself out. It looks like they got all the cancer! Praise God. The surgery was 3 1/2 hours long, and like Justin Kim wrote, they took his kidney, ureter and part of the bladder. Thanks Justin for keeping everyone updated! Smiley We will know if the cancer is anywhere else tomorrow. Keep him in your prayers...thank you all! love, gina--------------------

stephen

« Reply #148 on: June 20, 2008, 07:27:30 AM »
Dane Griffin Update:

Dane and Vicki Griffin are rejoicing that the pathology report shows that no cells were found in the lymph glands or the bladder. The doctor was able to get all the cancer. It was contained! That means he will not have to have chemo!

Zep 1:11 Howl, ye inhabitants of Maktesh, for all the merchant people are cut down; all they that bear silver are cut off.

Zep 1:12 And it shall come to pass at that time, [that] I will search Jerusalem with candles, and punish the men that are settled on their lees: that say in

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #149 on: June 20, 2008, 07:58:39 AM »
Praise the Lord! This is such GRAND news! Thank you, Stephen!

Go, Dane! Pick up your work!

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #150 on: June 28, 2008, 05:10:26 AM »
Samuel Pipim is ill. I just received this from a close friend:

Friends,
I just spoke with the elder and found out that he has Pneumonia.  His work load is not helping as he is in Canada at this time for a camp meeting.  Please keep him in prayer with the hope that God will uphold him with His mighty power.

Please forward, more prayer...more power.

Gail

Not only does the dark one not like the Michigan campmeetings, he does not like the Michigan preachers.

LindaRS

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #151 on: June 28, 2008, 12:17:23 PM »
I am watching Dr. Pipim live at the MI campmeeting right now, so he must be recovered.
O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. Jeremiah  10:23-24

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #152 on: June 28, 2008, 12:31:45 PM »
Well, I would say so!  :o Gail just sent out her note last night!

Dora

« Reply #153 on: July 13, 2008, 12:56:14 PM »
Does anyone have a recent report on how Dane Griffin is doing?
Dora

Linda K

• Wordkeeping
« Reply #154 on: August 04, 2008, 09:40:23 AM »
I posted this under a separate topic but want to make sure it's read because it is very urgent. Please pray for my nephew Jim in Germany who is going through a crisis regarding alcoholism. He is asking for prayer. He's about to destroy himself. This is very urgent. Please, please pray for Jim! Thank you!

Larry Lyons

« Reply #155 on: August 04, 2008, 10:20:56 AM »
I posted this under a separate topic but want to make sure it's read because it is very urgent. Please pray for my nephew Jim in Germany who is going through a crisis regarding alcoholism. He is asking for prayer. He's about to destroy himself. This is very urgent. Please, please pray for Jim! Thank you!
Linda, I will pray that God will deliver him from what can be a life threatening situation. Alcohol is one of Satan's most effective and deadly tools. Your nephew needs a miracle and God is quite capable of restoring him to health.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #156 on: August 04, 2008, 10:39:19 AM »
Amen! Will do, Linda.

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #157 on: August 06, 2008, 10:54:22 AM »
Heavenly Father, we come to you in the precious name of Jesus asking for your intervention in Jim's life. He understands his dire situation and that he is helpless under the control of this addiction. What is impossible for man, is not impossible for you. We ask that you use this situation to save his soul, not just his life. Help him to see his need of Jesus. Give Sister Linda wisdom to know how she can help. We thank you for the opportunity to join with our dear sister to pray for her brother. We see your Spirit striving with man as the end approaches. Help us to help others come to a saving knowledge of your love. Help our Brother Jim to see your love for him,  we pray in the name of Jesus, amen.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Dora

« Reply #158 on: October 30, 2008, 07:39:03 PM »
Friends and Prayer Partners,
I just received this in an e-mail from my former pastor.  Have we heard anything about this situation?

Please pray for one of our Adventist World Radio team members. He was arrested and is in danger of loosing his life because of sharing his love for Christ. He is in great need of your prayers. We cannot give you more details due to the nature of the situation. Please circulate it to your email list if you would be so kind and ask them to pray as well.

Jim Ayers

(VP of AWR)

Dora

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #159 on: October 30, 2008, 08:04:38 PM »
Of course, Dora. Thank you for letting us know.