Author Topic: Very Urgent Prayer Requests.... Part 2  (Read 186152 times)

Dorine

Re: Very Urgent Prayer Requests.... Part 2
« Reply #500 on: September 13, 2018, 09:05:41 PM »
Wonderful news. Praise God.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #501 on: September 14, 2018, 09:55:34 AM »
Amen, Jim. We ought to pray more often!   

Thank you, Dear Jesus for hearing and answering our prayers for this girl. We continue to ask for your grace to be revealed to her and her family. We pray this in the precious name of our Savior. Amen.

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #502 on: August 01, 2019, 08:18:57 PM »
Last Sunday a Seventh-day Adventist family was involved in an accident in which the mother was seriously injured and her daughter killed. Two other daughters were in the car, one suffered moderate injuries, the other escaped injury. I had met the family three weeks ago at a branch Sabbath School. The father is an ER physician and was on duty when his family was brought into the hospital.

It was a blessing to meet this sweet family with the young children. I enjoyed lunch after church with the grandfather who is a retired Seventh-day Adventist pastor. It is so very sad to see this happen to them. Please keep the family in your prayers as the mother suffered very serious injuries and is in critical condition. Their son was not involved as he was home with relatives.

There is a gofundme set up to help pay for the large medical bills involved as a result of the injuries.  Go Fund Me

This morning, July 28, the unthinkable happened to the Knutson family. MaryAnn, Sierra, Whitney and Trinity Knutson got in the car to go to town while brother Bryson stayed at home with family and TJ was at work at the Emergency Room. There was a terrible accident that sent MaryAnn’s car rolling into a field, resulting in the death of their oldest daughter Sierra. MaryAnn had a break in her neck that is almost certainly going to result in lifelong paralysis from the neck down. Whitney had minor injuries and was discharged from the hospital this afternoon. Little Trinity has a broken femur and some bruising to her lungs, but should recover. All of this happened without TJ knowing until his family was brought into his ER by the ambulance. More than anything, please pray for comfort and healing for the whole Knutson and Bostrom families. There will be enormous medical costs for the Knutson family—if you are able to help financially, it would be a huge blessing in the recovery and medical costs that they will incur. This family has been a blessing to many, what a privilege to be able to return a blessing. Thank you so much for your financial help and your prayers on their behalf.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Dorine

« Reply #503 on: August 02, 2019, 03:29:33 PM »
Our hearts are heavy as we go into the Sabbath hours learning of this tragedy. They will be in our prayers for sure. Richard do you have a contact where we could make a donation to help with their medical expenses? Do you know if the husband has medical insurance or are they facing the total cost themselves?
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #504 on: August 03, 2019, 08:07:37 AM »
Sister Dorine, I do not know about their medical insurance.  He is working at a hospital, so they probably have some, but I don't know.  It is amazing how many have donated to this fund to help pay for medical care since the accident six days ago.  Over 1100 people have donated over $150,000. donate here

Here is an update from the gofundme site.

Hi everyone, my name is Jamey Houghton and I have known and loved the Knutson family since I was 8 years old. TJ and I have been like brothers and I was the best man in their wedding. I'm a Seventh-day Adventist pastor in Franktown, Colorado, and I just wanted to share something with all of you. Like many of you, I haven’t slept much the last four nights---just been hurting knowing how much my friend TJ and his family are hurting with the loss of his daughter and dealing with the spinal cord injury to his wife—and having to explain all this to his other kids. Many people have connected with me feeling the same way…just gutted by the whole thing. In disbelief. Shock. There is so much in this world that doesn’t make sense. But there is something I know beyond a shadow of a doubt will happen: God will make all things right. 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17 says, “For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.” God also promises to make everything new. Revelation 21:3-5---And I heard a loud voice from the throne, saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is among men, and He will dwell among them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself will be among them, and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away.” And He who sits on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” And He said, “Write, for these words are faithful and true.”
I also know that God promises to comfort us (Isaiah 66:13) and I’m praying that TJ feels that comfort from Heaven.
If you’ve ever been to my church and heard me preach, you’ve probably heard me say this phrase—“Today we are one day closer to Jesus coming.” I don’t know when Jesus is coming but I know that today, we are one day closer. That’s one day closer to TJ and MaryAnn getting to hold their sweet Sierra again. It’s been a rough, rough week. But there’s a better day coming.
Until that day comes, I’m praying for strength, courage, wisdom and healing for MaryAnn and all of the Knutson and Bostrom families. God bless each of you for your willingness to help them in their time of need.
--Jamey

From TJs brother Michael:

Update from Michael Knutson---Reality is starting to sink in a little more about what life will be like for the immediate future. Whether MaryAnn’s hospital stay will be quantified in weeks or months I do not know and I will not even attempt to guess. She was unfortunately not able to be extubated today as she is still unable to adequately breathe on her own. Due to her spinal cord injury some of her muscle function was lost which would normally help her with breathing. However the doctors remain optimistic that in a little time her remaining muscle function will be adequate for her to breathe appropriately and continuously off of the ventilator.

MaryAnn was surprised and grateful today to see some of their family’s dear friends who are part of a pastoral ministry team from Florida. The ICU staff was kind and accommodating as they let the ministry team and family members into the room with her. This was of course a significantly larger number of visitors at one time then is normally allowed in an ICU room. A brief but beautiful anointing service was held with hymns being sung, prayers being given, and more tears being shed.

TJ and MaryAnn’s children have not yet been able to see her and they will intermittently ask TJ, or someone else, questions about her. They’ve asked about how badly she’s hurt, how she can eat if she has a tube in her mouth, when they can go home, and more. They have also asked questions to TJ about their sister Sierra who died, about what’s happening to her, why didn’t they take her to the hospital, where is her body, etc. Their minds are seeking answers to very tough questions right now that probably any parent would dread having to answer because they know the answers could easily cause more pain to their child. I am truly amazed though at how TJ handles these moments. He will give simple but truthful answers with age appropriate information; usually comparing the topic or subject to a character or story that they are familiar with from the Bible. Please continue to pray not only for MaryAnn’s healing, but also for TJ as he faces the mental and emotional trials that will continue to come in helping his children to understand and cope with this tragedy.

Again thank you to everyone for your continued love, prayers, and support for my brother TJ and his family.

Dorine

« Reply #505 on: August 03, 2019, 01:16:32 PM »
Thank you Richard for the update and link to gofundme. Praise God for the response so far. May it keep coming.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #506 on: September 08, 2019, 04:03:49 PM »
Pray for our friends in Eastern Canada as Dorian continues its path of destruction.

Dorian hit near the city of Halifax Saturday afternoon, ripping roofs off apartment buildings, toppling a huge construction crane and uprooting trees. There were no reported deaths in Canada, though the storm was blamed for at least 50 elsewhere along its path.

The U.S. National Hurricane Center said the post-tropical cyclone was centered about 65 miles (100 kilometers) west-southwest of St. Anthony, Newfoundland, in late afternoon Sunday.

Dorine

« Reply #507 on: September 08, 2019, 04:38:00 PM »
Thank you all for your prayers. God is oh so good. The worst part for us was the power outage (which covered most of Nova Scotia) and a bad leak in the basement which would have flooded the floor where we have our apartment. My son-in-law found the problem outside underneath the deck where the rain spout was pouring out a torrent of water right past the sewer inlet. He was able to improvise something to direct the water away from the foundation and the leak stopped.

We do have a generator that provided power to the most important things we needed. (Water, toilets and a few lights) We were able to take in some folks who needed assistance. Our greenhouse withstood the winds and rains without any problems. I know the angels were watching over our property. Not even a branch was down. Leaves were everywhere but they can be cleaned up. Our pole beans which were loaded with immature beans and beans we were leaving to dry for next years seed were leaning over but they will continue to grow.

For us it is a miracle. Many others did not fare so well. As far as we have heard, family and friends had very little damage done to their property. We haven't heard about some of our church members who live along the coast yet. The storm surge was suppose to be the worst ever but because the storm hit as the tide was going out it was much less than expected.

We are praising God tonight for our safety and now our thoughts and prayers are turned again toward those that are in dire straights.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #508 on: September 08, 2019, 08:14:36 PM »
Praise God! He is so very good to not tempt us beyond what we can bear. The trials we go through are preparing us for the days ahead. In today's Desire of Ages reading we read that the most weighty trust and the highest honor God can bestow upon His people is to make them partakers in the sufferings of Christ. Such a privilege. Peter saw it that way, except he thought himself not worthy to suffer in the same manner as our Savior. He knew who he was even as a mighty disciple of Christ. In and of ourselves we are evil and can do no good thing. But, when filled with the Spirit, we are a reflection of the character of our Jesus! Such a miracle!!

Thanks for sharing, Sister Dorine. Good to know you are safe! God answers prayer!!

Dorine

« Reply #509 on: September 08, 2019, 11:41:38 PM »
Amen Richard.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #510 on: January 18, 2020, 08:25:49 AM »
Here is a photo of MaryAnn and Tj. God is so very GOOD! He does not take away our trials, but lifts us up in the middle of them. Love, joy, and peace in the middle of the storm.    The gofundme fund has been a great blessing for the family. The generosity of so many reveals the work of God in our world.   Go Fund Me

Dorine

« Reply #511 on: January 18, 2020, 12:59:41 PM »
We were just talking about them last evening and wondering how the family was doing. Thank you so much for sharing this updated picture. They radiate God's love.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #512 on: June 04, 2021, 08:05:36 AM »
Will doctors allow us to do natural treatments with their patients in their hospitals? In answer to our prayers, we will by God's grace be doing a fomentation treatment for a fellow church member who has been hospitalized for three weeks with the Corona Virus. He is not doing well. Two miracles have occurred. First the doctor approved, and second the nursing staff agreed. Pray that God will bless the treatment and it will be a witness to the hospital and their staff that God's ways are good!

Dorine

« Reply #513 on: June 04, 2021, 04:22:13 PM »
Our prayers are with you brother Richard. We will anxiously wait to hear the outcome. God will bless.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #514 on: June 06, 2021, 09:38:33 AM »
Thank you for your prayers, Sister Dorine.  We did fomentations Friday and Sabbath and he improved greatly. During the treatment his oxygen levels increased greatly. He has not been able to breathe on his own. He is still on oxygen, but the treatments are improving his ability to breathe. The doctor and nurses are not in the room when doing the treatments so they do not see the results but I am sure that they will soon see the improvement in their patient. They were not making progress. The doctor and nurses have been very accommodating. we are so very appreciative. Hospitals are not usually willing to go outside of the accepted standard of care.

Will be continuing our treatment today. Will keep you informed. Praise God for His Spirit that can move mountains and doctors!

rahab

« Reply #515 on: June 06, 2021, 04:13:43 PM »
excellent!!  using God's blueprint for healing !!  keep up the good work... prayers your way

Dorine

« Reply #516 on: June 06, 2021, 05:45:32 PM »
Praise God. All glory belongs to Him. Thank you for the update.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #517 on: June 08, 2021, 10:04:21 PM »
It is amazing to look at the oxygen levels and see them go up as our brother is receiving the fomentations. I have never done fomentations in a hospital to be able to see oxygen levels.  What a blessing!!  It  brought encouragement to his wife as she saw the results of our labor and answer to our prayers. God is the Great Physician working through His natural remedies in answer to our prayers.

We got good news today that they are going to send our brother home in a few days!!  Thank you for all who have been praying.

Heavenly Father, we are truly thankful for hearing our prayers and I am especially thankful for the privilege of laboring for my friends and in a hospital where the medical staff has now seen the benefits of using natural remedies and prayers. We pray for the precious souls in the hospital that this healing may help to turn some to Jesus. We pray this in the precious name of Jesus, amen.

Dorine

« Reply #518 on: June 09, 2021, 03:00:29 AM »
This report has brought me to tears of joy. We will continue to pray for those who have witnessed this experience that it will help them see the power of God's love through the use of His natural remedies. How many treatments did you give him, how often in a day and how long was each treatment? Did you get any feedback from the staff?

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #519 on: June 11, 2021, 08:11:09 PM »
When I finish the treatment, I leave so that my brother can sleep. So, I do not have any contact with hospital staff. When I come they already have set aside time for me to do the treatments, so the staff does not enter the room. But, the wife is able to talk about the treatment and the results. Of course nothing need be said because they see the results when they see the improvement of their patient.   

We do one treatment in the evening for three days. Then we stopped at the request of our brother. It is a lot to do with all he has to do with the doctors and nurses. We are going to begin again tomorrow evening. Each treatment is the usual. Three minutes of heat, three times. We need to exchange the heat packs to keep the heat level up. Then a minute of ice pack. Repeat three times.   10 minute times 3= 30 minutes. It is most important to have the patient rest completely covered for at least a half hour, an hour is better. Even better is for the patient to go to sleep which often happens. We have a video in the Healthful Living Forum.

Thank you for your prayers dear sister!! God is so much wanting us to pray that we will know He  hears us!! Have a blessed Sabbath, you and your family.