Author Topic: Very Urgent Prayer Requests.... Part 2  (Read 186099 times)

Dorine

Re: Very Urgent Prayer Requests.... Part 2
« Reply #480 on: September 28, 2015, 03:45:21 PM »
 Prayers are ascending from our house.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

colporteur

« Reply #481 on: April 18, 2016, 01:18:27 PM »

An SDA friend from across the state just called. She was pretty animated. A young lady came into her store. The house where she lives is possessed and the lady has not slept for days. Things moving around the house. Lights turning on and off. It sounds like something out of the movies. The lady's 22 year old brother used to play with the Ouija board. I'm sure there is a lot more to this than that. Both live with their mother.
    My friend prayed with Nicole and gave her some literature.

I was asked to pray for Kaleb, his sister Nicole, and their mother, Mary.
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.

Dorine

« Reply #482 on: April 18, 2016, 02:10:36 PM »
Praying for these dear people. 

That Ouija board is very dangerous. My grandmother relied on one when my Mom was growing up. They were Church of England and knew nothing of spiritualism. My Mom would get the Ouija board out on her own and try to get it to work but it would NEVER work for her but her mother got answers every time she used it. After my Mom became a Seventh-day Adventist she was horrified to learn what her Mother was involved in and also very thankful that it never worked for her. I've been very thankful that the effects of this evil practice was not passed on to any in our family.

The devil does not let go easily but prayer is powerful and I will keep this family in my prayers. It would be good if your friend could stay in contact with this family.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Dorine

« Reply #483 on: November 17, 2016, 07:53:39 PM »
Asking for special prayer for our son-in-law Kevin who was in a head on collision a couple of hours ago. All we know is that a lady crossed the line into his lane. She was sent by ambulance also. We do not know who she is or how serious her injuries are. It happened only a couple of miles from home. He is presently in the ER being assessed. They have put a neck brace on as a precaution. He is suffering from pain in his chest area and muscles in general.

He was to fly out tomorrow morning to a meeting at our Canadian University. For some reason he was driving the van home from work and not their small car or it could have been much worse.

Thank you.

Dorine

« Reply #484 on: November 18, 2016, 05:14:17 AM »
We are very grateful this morning to our Father in heaven for His merciful protection over Kevin. He was released from hospital after a 3 hour assessment in the ER with no "serious" injuries. He is recovering in bed at home. Not able to move without help.

The police told them that the lady is wanted for drunk driving and they have not been able to catch her. She lives only a short distance from them but they do not know her. She had a broken ankle along with other unknown injuries. Kevin said that prayers have been answered before they were even said. Maybe there was a very good reason why he was not to go on this trip.

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #485 on: November 18, 2016, 07:46:57 AM »
God is so very good!  His angels have continual watch over us. Instead of thinking that God has no control, or God caused this, we  understand we live only because He loves us and keeps our hearts beating moment  by moment. We thank Jesus for His protection over Kevin, who understands prayers were answered before they were prayed. And, all things work together for good for those love and serve Him. It may not be until heaven before Kevin understands more about the accident and why God allowed it, but we all know that God's Word is sure. We can glory in out tribulation, for it works for our good and His glory when we are fully surrendered.

We rejoice with you, Sister Dorine. We see another evidence of God's love and power in a world soon to perish. Alcohol is a curse upon the world, and now look at what is being legalized, marijuana. Satan is taking control over more and more of humanity. Let us pray for the woman who is being used to wreak havoc in her community. She has no control over her actions when she puts the bottle to her lips. Innocent people are dying all over world because of the success Satan has had with drugs that put the mind to sleep and allow Satan to rule. This is one subject we understand we are to be involved in saying "no" to. We praise God it is one of the doctrinal matters in our baptismal vows.

We pray that this grace shown to your son-in-law will encourage him to continue his work for Jesus, Dorine. His time on earth has been lengthened. Satan could not take his life prematurely.  How sad there are so many "teachers" who use the example of the car coming over the line and killing a professed Christian who had just sinned, then asking where the man will go, heaven or hell. He did not have time to repent of his sin. This example is used to teach a lie that one is saved when he sins, he does not have to repent. God is not arbitrary. Our future life or lack thereof is dependent upon where the heart is when we die. God gives us all a period of time to learn of Him and to form a character that reflects Him. He does not allow Satan to take a life prematurely. In Kevin's case, the angels of God intervened. And, so it will be in all whose time of life on this earth is not up. We do not know Kevin's situation. Bad things happen to good people who are walking with Jesus, just as was Job. Other times when one has sinned, Satan seeks to close their probation. But, we see in the Book of Job, he cannot do as he wants. God keeps him back from taking Job's life when Job was perfect and when he was sinning. So it is today. God is in control.

Jesus is going to have very soon a church that will not sin, then He will step out of the heavenly Sanctuary and there will be no more mercy, no more forgiveness of sin. His people will be sealed and their characters fixed for eternity. He would have Kevin and you and me be among that group who will more fully reflect His character as a witness to the universe of the power of grace to keep one from sinning. We pray that our Brother Kevin will be in that last group living at the time of the second coming of Christ. Let us hasten that day.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Dorine

« Reply #486 on: November 18, 2016, 01:36:43 PM »
Thank you Richard for your kind and encouraging words. We are all rejoicing in the mercies of our God.

Since taking over the Food and Furniture Bank in the city Kevin has had 3 accidents.
He has had to make decisions there based on what he knows to be right. He has not been popular for it. Most times standing alone. He has a very keen conscience and knows he could not live with himself if he compromised just to keep others happy. He has seen the working of God on His behalf over and over. I wouldn't be surprised if he thinks that this is an attack from the enemy.

Yes Richard I have relatives that ask these questions about what happens to Christian people that commit a sin and for some reason die without having the opportunity to repent. Also the question...."well do you know anyone that is perfect?"....What kind of a walk must they have with God?

I am so thankful that God has made it very clear if only we will read and study and believe. We must keep forging ahead focusing on Jesus and His word. There will be those that truly want to know but most will not. They just come to their own conclusions and eventually God permits them to believe their lies. What a sad state to be in.

I pray that my life will always be a witness for truth, revealing the fruit of the spirit, to my family and all those that I come in contact with.

Ed Sutton

• Ed Sutton Blogger Profile
« Reply #487 on: November 18, 2016, 03:18:09 PM »
Yes Richard I have relatives that ask these questions about what happens to Christian people that commit a sin and for some reason die without having the opportunity to repent. Also the question...."well do you know anyone that is perfect?"....What kind of a walk must they have with God?

Ezekiel 3:20 Again, When a righteous man doth turn from his righteousness, and commit iniquity, and I lay a stumblingblock before him, he shall die: because thou hast not given him warning, he shall die in his sin, and his righteousness which he hath done shall not be remembered; but his blood will I require at thine hand.

Ezekiel 33:13  When I shall say to the righteous, that he shall surely live; if he trust to his own righteousness, and commit iniquity, all his righteousnesses shall not be remembered; but for his iniquity that he hath committed, he shall die for it.

."well do you know anyone that is perfect?"

Job 1:1  There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil.

Job 1:8  And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?

Job 2:3  And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil? and still he holdeth fast his integrity, although thou movedst me against him, to destroy him without cause.

First mention definition of fearing God

Deuteronomy 10: KJV & Douay Bibles

12 ¶  (AV) And now, Israel, what doth the LORD thy God require of thee, but to fear the LORD thy God, to walk in all his ways, and to love him, and to serve the LORD thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul,
12 ¶  (Douay) And now, Israel, what doth the Lord thy God require of thee, but that thou fear the Lord thy God, and walk in his ways, and love him, and serve the Lord thy God, with all thy heart, and with all thy soul:

13  (AV) To keep the commandments of the LORD, and his statutes, which I command thee this day for thy good?
13  (Douay) And keep the commandments of the Lord, and his ceremonies, which I command thee this day, that it may be well with thee?

16  (AV) Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart, and be no more stiffnecked.
16  (Douay) Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart, and stiffen your neck no more.

Ed's wordy explanation of Biblically fearing God as a born again converted person. 4 parts -   - Biblically fearing God is the heart of our SDA Sanctuary message, and worshiping Him as Creator & Lord of the Sabbath (1st, 2nd, 3rd angels messages).
part-1
  http://feargodbibletexts.blogspot.com/2011/08/fearing-god-466-kjv-texts-and-counting.html   

part-2
  http://feargodbibletexts.blogspot.com/2011/08/fearing-god-explaining-concept.html 

part-3
  http://feargodbibletexts.blogspot.com/2011/08/fear-god-explaining-concept-part-2.html   

part-4
  http://feargodbibletexts.blogspot.com/2011/08/spiritual-courage-to-biblically-fear.html   

"I turned, and lifted up mine eyes, and looked, and behold a flying roll. . . . This is the curse that goeth forth over the face of the whole earth: for everyone that stealeth shall be cut off as on this side according to it; and everyone that sweareth shall be cut off as on that side according to it. I will bring it forth, saith the Lord of hosts, and it shall enter into the house of the thief, and into the house of him that sweareth falsely by My name: and it shall remain in the midst of his house, and shall consume it with the timber thereof and the stones thereof." Zechariah 5:1-4.  {Ed 144.4} 
     Against every evildoer God's law utters condemnation. He may disregard that voice, he may seek to drown its warning, but in vain. It follows him. It makes itself heard. It destroys his peace. If unheeded, it pursues him to the grave. It bears witness against him at the judgment. A quenchless fire, it consumes at last soul and body.  {Ed 144.5}
     "What shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?" Mark 8:36, 37.  {Ed 145.1} 
     This is a question that demands consideration by every parent, every teacher, every student--by every human being, young or old. No scheme of business or plan of life can be sound or complete that embraces only the brief years of this present life and makes no provision for the unending future. Let the youth be taught to take eternity into their reckoning. Let them be taught to choose the principles and seek the possessions that are enduring--to lay up for themselves that "treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth;" to make to themselves friends "by means of the mammon of unrighteousness," that when it shall fail, these may receive them "into the eternal tabernacles." Luke 12:33; 16:9, R.V.  {Ed 145.2}
     All who do this are making the best possible preparation for life in this world. No man can lay up treasure in heaven without finding his life on earth thereby enriched and ennobled.  {Ed 145.3} 
     "Godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come." 1 Timothy 4:8.  {Ed 145.4}   

The Spirit who asked Zechariah, "What seest thou?" to which he answered, "I see a flying roll," also caused an angel to fly in the midst of heaven, "having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people, saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him [let no glory be given to erring, sinful men]; for the hour of his judgment is come." Many indeed will not understand, but will stumble at the words contained in the roll.               Ellen G. White.
     Sanitarium, Cal., Dec. 4, 1905.  {NYI, February 7, 1906 par. 9}     

"Then I turned, and lifted up mine eyes, and looked, and behold a flying roll. And he said unto me, What seest thou? And I answered, I see a flying roll; the length thereof is twenty cubits, and the breadth thereof ten cubits. Then said he unto me, This is the curse that goeth forth over the face of the whole earth; for everyone that stealeth shall be cut off as on this side according to it; and everyone that sweareth shall be cut off as on that side according to it. I will bring it forth, saith the Lord of hosts, and it shall enter into the house of the thief, and into the house of him that sweareth falsely by my name; and it shall remain in the midst of his house, and shall consume it with the timber thereof and the stones thereof."  {ST, June 2, 1890 par. 13} 
     The angel is represented as flying through the midst of heaven with a roll in his hand, on which are written the deeds of our daily life. God bears long with the children of men, but there is a time coming when he will cease to bear with them. God wants them to get under the cover of his wings. Jesus is pleading his blood in our behalf, but Satan is standing at his right hand, resisting every effort in our behalf. May God help us to humble our hearts, before it shall be forever too late to make wrongs right.  {ST, June 2, 1890 par. 14} 
     Let the Spirit of God fashion our character and our work. We are responsible for the manner in which the truth is presented. We should seek to impress unbelievers with its exalted character. Christ is soon coming, and those who have not kept the Sabbath sacredly should reform. God will frown upon those who disregard his commandments, and he cannot bless the church that retains Sabbath-breakers in its fellowship.  {ST, June 2, 1890 par. 15} 
     Oh, that Christ might walk among you, that he might say, "Take away the filthy garment, and clothe them with change of raiment." We want to know that we are on the Lord's side. We want to dwell with him through all eternity. Those who sit with Christ on his throne must be partakers with him of his sufferings. They must drink of the cup that he drank of, and be baptized with the baptism that he was baptized with.
                                                                -
  {ST, June 2, 1890 par. 16} 

Grateful for Psalms 32 and Titus 2:10 - The divinity of Christ is acknowledged in the unity of the children of God.  {11MR 266.2}

Dorine

« Reply #488 on: June 13, 2018, 02:15:13 PM »
Following is a link to a newspaper article that is now circulating in our area. We are requesting the prayers of our brothers and sisters. May God use this to bring Glory to His name. We are told that there is more to fear from within than without and it's proving true in this case because the origin of this article is from within our ranks. Thank you.

https://www.thestar.com/halifax/2018/06/12/nova-scotia-lgbtq-groups-condemn-conference-they-say-promotes-the-ideals-of-conversion-therapy-without-calling-it-that.html

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #489 on: July 07, 2018, 08:23:57 PM »
England  is moving to outlaw the same. We have before us a revelation that the end is near! Some will go to jail for attempting to help those wanting help.  :(  Let us indeed pray that God will empower us to do the work entrusted to us before the darkness settles upon the Earth in much greater evil.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
« Reply #490 on: July 08, 2018, 05:12:00 PM »
Following is a link to a newspaper article that is now circulating in our area. We are requesting the prayers of our brothers and sisters. May God use this to bring Glory to His name. We are told that there is more to fear from within than without and it's proving true in this case because the origin of this article is from within our ranks. Thank you.

https://www.thestar.com/halifax/2018/06/12/nova-scotia-lgbtq-groups-condemn-conference-they-say-promotes-the-ideals-of-conversion-therapy-without-calling-it-that.html

Radical homosexual activists deliberately distort the truth on issues such as this.  Coming Out Ministries does not engage in "conversion therapy," as commonly understood by homosexual "rights" activists.  What they promote is the power of the Holy Spirit to help anyone overcome their sinful propensities, be they sexual or otherwise.

But for radical activists of any stripe, truth doesn't matter; it's the talking points that support their agenda that take precedence.
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

Dorine

« Reply #491 on: July 10, 2018, 07:59:30 AM »
Another urgent prayer request for a meeting that is taking place today to decide whether to cancel coming out ministries. Apparently it has gone to the top (what ever that means). The Maritime conference does not want to cancel but I was told that they don't have the final say. There was a protest held last evening in the city against coming out ministries coming to our camp meeting. Please pray that God will intervene and that His will, will be done. Thank you.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #492 on: July 10, 2018, 10:14:52 PM »
We join with you in prayer, dear Sister!!

Dorine

« Reply #493 on: July 18, 2018, 01:33:24 PM »
I'm sad to report that Coming Out Ministries will not be coming to our camp meeting. What I was told was that it is a worldwide decision and not just a NAD.  Even though I'm feeling sick about it I know that God is still in control. Thank you for the prayers that were said on behalf of this issue. God always has a plan. We must trust Him.

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
« Reply #494 on: July 18, 2018, 05:04:07 PM »
I hope that whoever made this decision, soon hears the cock crowing.
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #495 on: July 19, 2018, 08:17:36 AM »
Amen. Good is called evil and evil good.  Jesus is even at the doors!

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #496 on: September 10, 2018, 05:37:02 AM »
This Sabbath we were reminded of a missing girl, a daughter and granddaughter of church members. It has been almost a month now.  We solicit your prayers for her and her family!
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Dorine

« Reply #497 on: September 11, 2018, 05:40:19 AM »
So sad. Hubby and I prayed for them in worship last evening. We will continue to do so.

JimB

• Servant
« Reply #498 on: September 11, 2018, 08:15:03 AM »
Thank you Dorine! It's good know others are praying.
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

JimB

• Servant
« Reply #499 on: September 13, 2018, 06:04:42 PM »
Well as we all know, prayer works. The police found the girl today. They haven't said in what condition or under what circumstances but she is back and safe!  Praise the Lord!!