Author Topic: Very Urgent Prayer Requests.... Part 2  (Read 186125 times)

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Very Urgent Prayer Requests.... Part 2
« Reply #180 on: July 12, 2009, 04:48:37 PM »
Hi, dear sister ... Sister Glass posted Liane's update on June 8, 2009 - a little over a month ago. The update is straight from Liane and yes, this is her second surgery.

We got word today that Liane's surgery (the one she talked about having in July) happened last Tuesday. That is when she apparently had a stroke and coded 4 times. She is currently in ICU and still not conscious.
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Vicki

« Reply #181 on: July 12, 2009, 05:19:51 PM »
After her last surgery we exchanged e-mails and I found out she lived within hours of us. Too far away for us to drive to her home, but the drive to the hospital is closer so we planned to meet each other this week while she recovered. I still plan to stop past on Tuesday, and hope and pray we will find her in much better condition. From her e-mails, I would describe her as a sweet woman and is prepared for whatever the outcome might be. My prayers are still with her.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #182 on: July 12, 2009, 05:25:45 PM »
Vicki - do tell us how she is doing. She was moderator here from almost day-one. We have known her for years, online, that is. So any information you can get would be precious to us.

Sister Dee

« Reply #183 on: July 13, 2009, 08:58:30 AM »
Oh, yes!  Please do update us, Vicki.  Liane has been in my thoughts and prayers as well.

Vicki

« Reply #184 on: July 14, 2009, 10:06:17 PM »
I went to see Liane today. She is in the Cardiac Care Unit. There has been no change in her condition. I had no choice but to have our 8 yo son in tow - no children allowed in CCU. But, the staff was kind enough to let him come into the area and wait at her door while I spent a few minutes with Liane. A friend was there with her.

The nurse and friend both said that she couldn't hear anything. I figured who knows for sure? So I carressed her arm, what little was showing that didn't have a tube, and spoke softly to her, telling her of God's love and all the people that are praying for her. It would be nice to say that she responded, but the movements that she made with her arms, foot and eye lids when I touched her were reported as nothing unusual.

It was hard not to cry - and I barely know her. I got teary-eyed & the friend started to get teary-eyed so I thought it best to leave since I didn't know how son was taking all this and I didn't want to make it worse for anyone.

Esther 7

• http://
« Reply #185 on: July 15, 2009, 02:10:14 AM »
Thank you for updating us Vicki. The reason Liane wouldn't be able to hear you wouldn't have been the coma, as they often do hear from in the coma, but rather her profound hearing loss in both ears now. However, I am certain she knew you were there, and it was a blessing for you to touch her and let her know that she is not alone. I hope there is more of that, as we don't know her status inside the coma. I wish there was more of a way to communicate with her. Maybe someone could sign into her hand or something?

She continues to be in my prayers.

God bless

Vicki

« Reply #186 on: July 15, 2009, 04:10:50 PM »
I totally forgot she had difficulty hearing.  :-[ ::) Touch speaks volumes, if she was aware of it.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #187 on: July 15, 2009, 04:15:05 PM »
Yes, it does, dear Vicki - especially when it comes from a godly woman. Thank you for going to see her. I know that wasn't easy.

Vicki

« Reply #188 on: July 16, 2009, 05:31:48 PM »
An update on Liane as of yesterday:

I am sorry about what has happened.  MRI seemed to show that Liane has a brain tumor.  They are doing an MRI with contrast today to see it a little more clearly.  Things do not look good.  Liane did wake up on Thursday PM [9th, the same day as surgery], but after that her mentation continued to drop.  Saturday morning her eyes were rolled up in her head and her R arm was posturing.  I left Sunday and Carolyn came to sit with her.  Her kidneys have not come back very well, her stomach is rejecting all food, she's on a ventilator, and the only response we get is an opening of the eyes to touch or yelling in her ear.  She does not see anything or follow any commands.  We made her a No Code today, so at least we would not prolong her misery.  Tomorrow I will talk to the Neurologist again and see what the MRI showed.    Do not be too grieved.  Liane was right with her maker.  I told her she better be ready to die in case it happened and she said she already took care to that.  She was getting everything ready in case of her death.  Gave me all the last minute instructions.  God bless you all as you grieve.  I do not expect her to last long.  Heidi

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #189 on: July 16, 2009, 05:48:56 PM »
Thank you Vicki.

I am so grateful Liane has Heidi. This latest report is, indeed, exceedingly sad news. While contemplating our dear sister Liane, I could not help but remember something she said early last month:

As for how I got here it was my own fault with my very bad eating habits and lack of exercise for many years. I just cannot realize how bad it was until now the end results I find myself in presently. I am blessed to have people who care about me and are helping me get through this with support. When we were in the waiting room to get pre-op there was this lady that was alone waiting as well. Heidi my friend and caregiver went over to her and started a conversation with her until the nurse called the lady to come with her. Heidi told me that she was 79 years old and had no family and lived alone and was having major neck surgery. It broke our hearts and I will never forget her smile when we wished her well and said goodbye as she left the room. I think Heidi going over to her was everything to her. I felt so guilty with all that God has given me in support and friends for if not I would have been just as alone as that lady.

In closing I know that God is in charge and taking care of all this and I can only follow His will and allow what comes according to His will. I am by no means brave as my friend Heidi could testify, but I do trust God and know that whatever is best for me is being done.

Sister Marie

• May God's Light Shine On Us All
« Reply #190 on: July 19, 2009, 07:04:11 AM »
All of this is so overwhelming. Now I wish I was still in California so I could go and see her. I never did make the long trip while I was there and she was well and now I wish I had. I feel so bad about all of this. But God knows what is best and we have put her in His hands. May He continue to be with her through this.
Dear Heavenly Father, You know the need hear and what will be the best outcome for Liane. We again put Liane in Your hands knowing that there is no better place for her. We pray that we will have the privilege to met her in heaven. Thank You for this blessed hope we all have. We pray it in Jesus name, Amen
With Christian Love,
Marie

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #191 on: July 19, 2009, 10:21:24 AM »
Amen.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Esther 7

• http://
« Reply #192 on: July 20, 2009, 02:14:45 AM »
AMEN!

Sister Marie

« Reply #193 on: July 20, 2009, 05:43:29 AM »
I received this today.

Karyn, We took Liane off life support yesterday.  She has been transfered to the third floor.  She is in a coma, and only responds by opening her eyes to a cold touch, or yell in her ear.  They removed her ventilator, and all her IV's.  She will be kept comfortable.  If she appears to be in pain they are giving her morphine.  They do not expect her to live two days.  This AM she was still alive.  Thanks for your prayers for her.  God bless you all for your concern.  Heidi
With Christian Love,
Marie

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #194 on: July 20, 2009, 07:15:27 PM »
God bless Liane.  :'(

colporteur

« Reply #195 on: July 20, 2009, 07:45:49 PM »
God bless Liane.  :'(

Yes, very much so.
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.

Dora

• For the battle is not yours, but God's.
« Reply #196 on: July 20, 2009, 10:23:08 PM »
"God shall wipe away all tears, There's no death, no pain nor fears,
And they count not time by years, For there is no night there."

This is the city we are looking for, where there is no heartache, tears and pain. If Liane knows nothing else, I pray she may sense our Heavenly Comforter very near.
Dora

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #197 on: July 21, 2009, 08:11:06 AM »
Heavenly Father, comfort our dear sister as she comes to the end of her life. Give her peace that only you can give. It is hard to not be able to communicate with those around us. But, you can speak to her as no other can. Comfort her friends with this understanding, that she can hear your still small voice, we pray in the precious name of Jesus, amen.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Sister Marie

« Reply #198 on: July 21, 2009, 11:53:51 AM »
Amen
With Christian Love,
Marie

Richard Sherwin

• Keeper of Bees
« Reply #199 on: July 21, 2009, 07:15:47 PM »
You know, I'm almost envious of her. In the blink of an eye she will be in perfect health and looking at Jesus.
Laughter is an instant vacation