Author Topic: Very Urgent Prayer Requests.... Part 2  (Read 186153 times)

Brian M

Re: Very Urgent Prayer Requests.... Part 2
« Reply #220 on: September 24, 2009, 01:26:59 PM »
You can be sure we are praying Esther!
Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law. Psalm 119:18

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #221 on: September 24, 2009, 03:42:08 PM »
Heavenly Father, thank you for the opportunity to pray. Our Sister Esther's son is having a health problem that is burden on his mother's heart. We ask you give her wisdom and grace to know what to do. We thank you for all of the counsel we have been given as a people. We thank you for your love and promises. Use this situation to bring honor and glory to you and your ways. Help the physicians to diagnose the difficulty and help our sister to know how best to help her son. We pray in the precious name of Jesus, amen.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Sister Marie

• May God's Light Shine On Us All
« Reply #222 on: September 24, 2009, 07:31:14 PM »
Dear Heavenly Father, This precious child is ill of your servant Esther. We pray that you will attend each dr. that sees him and that the Holy Spirit guide what they do and say and suggest, not them or their learning only.
You Father, know more than they could ever hope to in eternity, let alone now. Only Your knowledge will help, so it is for this we pray and always for Your Will to be done. Please give strength to Esther, encourage her in You, regardless of what is going on otherwise. Give her faith and hope "in You".
We pray this in the Name of Your Dear Son Jesus and that Your Glory may shine in this situation.
We thank You and trust You. Amen
With Christian Love,
Marie

Brian M

« Reply #223 on: October 01, 2009, 04:31:39 AM »
Update on prayer request for Niki:

She's  been up and down, back and forth - but still in critical condition. They did an ultrasound last night to see how big the baby is because were thinking they would have to do a c-section to get the baby out before they could treat her more aggressively - but that would also add the additional complication of the procedure and recovery to her treatment and they were not sure what to do.

God intervened! Last evening she had been agitated off and on (still sedated and on the ventilator) and they went to turn her to see if that could help and found fluid on the bed and the baby's head already out. ICU and L & D are two different fields, but thank God he planned ahead. The family member that was "on duty" with Niki happens to be a nurse with L & D experience and she was able to take over, finish the delivery and get the baby into an incubator (the baby - Reid - was born at 2lb 8oz and seems to be doing well).

Niki is still in ICU, but now they do not have a c-section recovery to weigh into the equation. Thank you all for praying that God's will be done here.

Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law. Psalm 119:18

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #224 on: October 01, 2009, 05:28:59 AM »
Praise the Lord, Brian! Our prayers are still with both of them!
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Sister Marie

« Reply #225 on: October 01, 2009, 07:02:59 AM »
We are truly happy for this Brian. God is so good. It makes one know that God's hand is in this and His Will will be the outcome. Thank you for the wonderful news. Praise God!!  :)
With Christian Love,
Marie

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #226 on: October 01, 2009, 08:24:49 AM »
Amazing!! We will continue to pray for Niki, Reid, and family.  Thanks for the update, Brother Brian.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Esther 7

• http://
« Reply #227 on: October 02, 2009, 04:14:08 PM »
Update:
Thank you all for your prayers!
My son's labs were initially .33 for his thyroid, then on retest three days later they were .15 which indicated it was progressing aggressively. Everyone started praying for him over the weekend and on Monday and we went to the doctor that day and had more labs done. We do not have a complete answer as of yet, as we are waiting to see if there is an autoimmune marker in his bloodwork. However...and this is a BIG however, as of the most current bloodwork, his thyroid levels and all other blood work are completely NORMAL!!! I'm being cautiously optimistic because we don't have all the information just yet, but, the doctor said that on Monday my son was PROFOUNDLY hyperthyroid, and as of yesterday, he was unable to say that with any surety any longer.
There is the possibility that we caught him at the tail end of the process and now he is on the upswing, but for it to happen in such a brief period of time.....I think we all know what happened, don't we?

:D :D :D

I'll update you all with the autoimmune labs and whether or not they are normal as well, or if they have an autoimmune marker.

God bless you all!

Brian M

« Reply #228 on: October 02, 2009, 04:26:48 PM »
Thank you for the update Ester. We will continue praying!

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #229 on: October 02, 2009, 05:11:04 PM »
Amen! Oh, sister - this is so encouraging!

Sister Marie

« Reply #230 on: October 02, 2009, 05:59:34 PM »
Sister Esther, this is the greatest news. Praise God!!!  We do indeed know what the answers are as to the Lord's work in this. We rejoice with you. :)
With Christian Love,
Marie

Esther 7

« Reply #231 on: October 08, 2009, 02:34:44 PM »
All test results are negative and normal! We just need to keep an eye on him now to determine if he's still symptomatic, or if his symptoms have been completely resolved.

Praise the Lord! In three days to go from profoundly hyperthyroid to complete normalcy....pray that this remains the case.

Thank you all for your prayers!

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #232 on: October 08, 2009, 04:07:21 PM »
Praise the Lord! I am so happy to know this, Esther! Thanks for letting us know. Prayer works!

Sister Marie

« Reply #233 on: October 08, 2009, 05:51:20 PM »
Dear Father in Heaven, We do come to You in humbleness and repentance for anything we may have done wrong.....we pray for forgiveness. Now we thank You dear Lord for this up-swing in news. We Praise Your Holy Name and thank you with all our heart. Thank you dear Father for loving and caring for us. This is something that is a fact regardless of how prayers are answered. You know the beginning to the end and You know what is best for Your own reasons. Thank you for being there for us. :) Marie
With Christian Love,
Marie

Esther 7

« Reply #234 on: October 12, 2009, 12:18:34 AM »
My son who I brought to you in prayer is ill again. Something different. Seems to be some sort of flu, hopefully not H1N1. He attended a Christian Youth Conference This past weekend and was ill when he returned.
I'm thinking that God has a mighty work for this young leader, and the Enemy doesn't want him to accomplish it. Please continue to lift him, and our entire family, up to the Lord in prayer.

Thank you so much!
Sincerely....

Brian M

« Reply #235 on: October 12, 2009, 03:54:24 AM »
Esther, we will be praying for him.

Update on Niki & Reid:

I have hesitated putting updates on because it has been up and down from day to day, but now they've had a few solid days of marked recovery. The baby is doing great! In addition, Niki has been able to come off the ventilator during the day and has even started to regain some of her fine motor skills. They ended up doing a Tracheotomy on her because she needed to get the tube out of her throat, so she still cannot speak very well, but that is progressing too. She was under sedation for almost a month and that takes a terrible physical toll, but she is making great strides now. They are hopeful for a full recovery. Up to 80% of people who have had ARDS and been under sedation that long end up with some permanent brain damage - equivalent to mild dementia - but they are pretty confident she is on her way to a full recovery.

I know the family is very grateful for God's hand in this whole experience and thankful to everyone who has been praying. Thanks to everyone for keeping them in prayer - may God's will be done!

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #236 on: October 12, 2009, 06:49:32 AM »
Such hope for this loved one, Brian. Thank you for letting us know how they are doing. Extended use of a ventilator can cause some short-term memory loss so they may anticipate that; however, aren't we grateful for a machine that can help us when we cannot help ourselves? What gratitude!

Brian M

« Reply #237 on: October 15, 2009, 04:34:12 AM »
Niki got to hold the baby last night for the first time. Here is a photo link of the event:

Photo

Vicki

« Reply #238 on: October 15, 2009, 05:40:04 AM »
Beautiful!  :) Thanks for sharing. What joy to hold your newborn, especially after such a trying ordeal.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #239 on: October 15, 2009, 05:47:19 AM »
What joy!