Author Topic: Very Urgent Prayer Requests.... Part 2  (Read 186172 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Very Urgent Prayer Requests.... Part 2
« Reply #120 on: September 01, 2007, 08:40:00 AM »
Heavenly Father, we ask that you comfort our dear sister and her family as they struggle with the trials they now endure. Send the Holy Spirit to help them see past the difficulties to see your Son at their side. We do not know the facts, but you do. Your promise to your people that abide in Christ is that you will make all things work for their good. We testify that this is so. Your ways are best.

Take away Sister Adina's guilt with the thought that you are the not only the Comforter, but the Great Physician. That if we will trust in your love and your power, then all things will indeed work for our good. If our sister is not in your will, then help her to see it and to do it. We thank you for bringing into our fellowship and pray your blessings upon her and her family. We also pray that you will send one of your children to minister to this family in Romania. We pray in the precious name of Jesus, amen.

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #121 on: September 01, 2007, 08:41:00 AM »
Brother Thomas the untruthfullness of your accusation is seen by the fact that you posted here. If you were banned, then how is it you are posting? We asked to you stop calling people Jesuits and you would not. We continued to allow you to post in the non-SDA forums hoping you would behave, but all may see that you continue to call us names. I am sorry, but we now will have to block your posting privileges until you can control your desire to injure our work of proclaiming the gospel. To accuse and attack in this forum indicates how far removed you are from His Spirit. We love you and appreciate your desire to follow God, but you need to be more kind  to others who may not understand what you do and also to others who understand more than you do. Bearing false witness against God's people is a sin. You may do it innocently, but still you injure His cause.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Liane H

• http://
« Reply #122 on: September 01, 2007, 03:37:00 PM »
Dear Adina:

Thank you for coming to us for your prayer needs. We will keep your family in prayer and that the Lord will help them in their time of need.

I will pray for you as well as I am sure you are in need as well of comfort. Know that we understand and will be there for you in prayer and words of comfort.

Please keep us posted of all so that we can be with you and them as things progress.

Dear Father,

We pray for Adina's family and that they received the peace and Your love that is needed at this time.

Be with them all at this time and lift the burden's and help them to trust You in all things,

In Jesus Precious Name,

Amen  

------------------
Liane, the Zoo Mama
Romans 8:19   For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Liane, the Zoo Mama
Romans 8:19   For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Adina

« Reply #123 on: September 06, 2007, 06:06:00 AM »
Thank you Liane, Richard and all of you praying for my problems. I am happy to tell you my mother-in-law is feeling much better. Is my understanding it was only a bad indigestion that let her very weak for a while. Now her appetite is back and slowly she regains strength. We are still waiting for a diagnosis for my father-in-law. I'll let you know as soon as I'll learn. Praise God and thank you again.

[This message has been edited by Adina (edited 09-06-2007).]

[This message has been edited by Adina (edited 09-06-2007).]

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #124 on: September 27, 2007, 08:21:00 AM »
My mom has struggled with a defective heart for most of her life, yet it has intensified over the last thirty years with conjestive heart failure. Monthly as much as 9 liters of fluid is removed from her tummy. This has been going on for close to a year. What a struggle she has endured, yet she is faithful.

This morning she did not recognize my dad. She was exceedingly afraid of him. So he called to have me talk with her with sweet words of reassurance, especially of God's love and watchcare. Through her suspended reality she said she was not worthy of His watchcare, but I reminded her that she was worth the price of the life of dear Jesus - just for her He would have died. She cried!

I ask for prayers of comfort and reassurance for this dear woman.

Thank you.  

------------------
Sybil
"In times like these, we have a Savior!"

For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #125 on: September 27, 2007, 08:29:00 AM »
Heavenly Father, thank you for your love and watch care over your children. Thank you for the words of comfort you have given Sister Sybil to share with her mother. You have blessed your people with wisdom, grace, and your Spirit. We pray for Sister Sybil's mother this morning, please comfort her and draw her close to you. If there is anything that needs to be made right in her life, please bring this to her mind and give her repentance that she may have the blessed peace that passes understanding. Give our dear sister Sybil an extra measure of grace to comfort and bless her mother we pray in the precious name of Jesus, amen.

Dora

• For the battle is not yours, but God's.
« Reply #126 on: September 27, 2007, 09:43:00 AM »
Amen! With prayers for your mother, and for you, Sybil, as you minister, physically and spiritually to your mother.  I have been there, and can certainly empathize.

------------------
Dora

Dora

Adina

« Reply #127 on: September 27, 2007, 05:02:00 PM »
Amen. We'll pray for you dear sister as well as your mom and dad. May God give you strength and comfort.

[This message has been edited by Adina (edited 09-27-2007).]

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #128 on: September 30, 2007, 10:03:00 PM »
Thank you so much for your prayers for Mama. Over the past several days she has regained a level of oxygen that she is once more thinking clearly. It has been an answer to prayer and we are so grateful.

When a loved one loses their cognitive abilities, you have literally lost that person. It is Mama's mind that I love. Her body has betrayed her through generations of cardiac defect, but her mind, sweet Seventh-day Adventist Christian mind, is the one thing we long to hold on to.

Again, thank you for your prayers. They were sorely needed and sweetly answered.

stephen

« Reply #129 on: October 26, 2007, 07:54:48 AM »
Pray that the Holy Spirit will guide them away from their support of Jesuit-based, preterist interpretation, and open their minds to reconsidering that historicist interpretation is essential to Adventist belief and spirituality.

Heavenly Father, I know nothing of these 'interpretations'.  There is only one valid interpretation, that of Your Word.  We know that the only correct understanding of The Bible is that understanding led by The Holy Spirit.  Precept upon precept, line upon line, line upon line, here a little and there a little.  Teach us all to prayerfully study Your word, leaving the understanding up to You and Your Holy Spirit.

Satan works in such deceptive ways, using truth but mingling just a little lie - to deceive and confuse.  We pray for cognizance to recognize those little lies, to stay on the path of Jesus' righteousness. 

Thank you, Lord, for the gift of a prophet.  Your words for this generation, given through Sister White, is such a blessing to all who will receive such understanding.  Amen
Zep 1:11 Howl, ye inhabitants of Maktesh, for all the merchant people are cut down; all they that bear silver are cut off.

Zep 1:12 And it shall come to pass at that time, [that] I will search Jerusalem with candles, and punish the men that are settled on their lees: that say in

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #130 on: January 02, 2008, 05:18:14 AM »
Brother Martin has requested our prayers for the people of Kenya. They are facing much violence after the national elections.  Violence in Kenya

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #131 on: January 02, 2008, 09:25:27 AM »
Oh, Martin! To see the violence shown on CNN is one thing - and the world does see it - yet to be in the midst of it is yet another. Hold fast, dear brother.

We are living in the midst of an "epidemic of crime," at which thoughtful, God-fearing men everywhere stand aghast. The corruption that prevails, it is beyond the power of the human pen to describe. Every day brings fresh revelations of political strife, bribery, and fraud. Every day brings its heart-sickening record of violence and lawlessness, of indifference to human suffering, of brutal, fiendish destruction of human life. Every day testifies to the increase of insanity, murder, and suicide. Who can doubt that satanic agencies are at work among men with increasing activity to distract and corrupt the mind, and defile and destroy the body?--Ministry of Healing, pp. 142, 143.

And we can add to this, to disrupt the spreading of His message to starved souls and threatening the lives of His messengers!

Read the following lines and appropriate the sentiment as your own:

Other refuge have I none,
        Hangs my helpless soul on Thee;
     Leave, O leave me not alone!
        Still support and comfort me;
     All my trust on Thee is stayed,
        All my help from Thee I bring;
     Cover my defenseless head
        With the shadow of Thy wing.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #132 on: February 03, 2008, 07:27:10 PM »
My second cousin, Aiden - only three years old, has Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. He is responding to chemotherapy; however, I request your prayers for this baby as medicine alone will not heal this child. Thank you.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #133 on: February 26, 2008, 08:03:01 AM »
My mom has struggled with a defective heart for most of her life, yet it has intensified over the last thirty years with conjestive heart failure. Monthly as much as 9 liters of fluid is removed from her tummy. This has been going on for close to a year. What a struggle she has endured, yet she is faithful.<P>This morning she did not recognize my dad. She was exceedingly afraid of him. So he called to have me talk with her with sweet words of reassurance, especially of God's love and watchcare. Through her suspended reality she said she was not worthy of His watchcare, but I reminded her that she was worth the price of the life of dear Jesus - just for her He would have died. She cried!<P>I ask for prayers of comfort and reassurance for this dear woman.

Thank you.   

"In times like these, we have a Savior!"

Mother's blood pressure is so low that she cannot take critical heart medication. The hospice nurse said "she is on her way out." Of course, that has been said before but there are other indications of this actually being the case this time.  She is rarely awake.

This quote is so very comforting:

The Bible is the garden of God. Are you discouraged? Are you bereaved? The word of God tells you not to sorrow as those who have no hope, for there will be a relinking of the family chain. When we look upon our dead, we think of the morning when the trump of God shall sound, and when the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. Over the rent sepulcher of Joseph, Christ proclaimed, "I am the resurrection and the life." A little longer, and we shall see the King in his beauty. A little longer, and he shall wipe away all tears from our eyes. A little longer, and we shall have a robe of purity, whiter than any fuller on earth could whiten it. It is the garment woven in the loom of heaven, not to cover over our sins, for Jesus takes away the sin of the world, but to clothe us in the righteousness of Christ. I want to behold him until I shall be changed into his likeness; for by beholding we become changed. We should talk of the crown of life, of the heaven of bliss that awaits the faithful. May God help us to press the battle to the gate. He will place the crown of life upon our heads as we proclaim, "Worthy, worthy is the Conqueror." We shall exclaim, "Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honor, and glory, and blessing."  {ST, April 23, 1894 par. 8}
     Do you want heaven? Then will you show the line of demarkation between you and the world, and hear at last the words of approbation, "Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy Lord."
                                                                -
  {ST, April 23, 1894 par. 9}

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #134 on: February 26, 2008, 10:46:59 AM »
Christ has the key to our graves. He has gained victory over death!

And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.  And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.  And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.  And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.  He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

Amen!

Dora

« Reply #135 on: February 26, 2008, 07:56:39 PM »
Dear Sybil,
I will pray for your mother, your cousin and for you.  I know it is especially hard for you as you cannot be with your mom.  Jesus' promise that He will return for His faithful ones, 1Thess. 4:13-18 is such a comfort.
Dora

Sister Marie

• May God's Light Shine On Us All
« Reply #136 on: February 28, 2008, 10:25:11 AM »
Dear Sister, I am so sorry for your sadness in this. How blessed your mother has been to have you with her through all of this. God will indeed see you both through. :)
With Christian Love,
Marie

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #137 on: June 11, 2008, 10:16:13 AM »
Feel free to re-post news about Dane in that forum [trO].

Brother Kevin

From Kevin M. Barrett:

Please remember Dane Griffin and his family as Dane goes into surgery this coming Sabbath. He has a rare form of cancer. An anointing service is planned prior to the surgery.
I have no further details.

Dane is the director of media development for the Michigan Conference, president of
Adventists Affirm and is a well-known speaker throughout our church in North America.

Dora

« Reply #138 on: June 11, 2008, 02:38:38 PM »
What a shock!  Dane and Vicki Griffin were the highlights of the KY-TN campmeeting, which closed May 31.  He was the picture of health, and gave us such challenging sermons/lectures it is no wonder that the old devil wants him silenced.

Please post all updates, many of us will be eagerly wanting to know, and we will certainly be praying.
Dora

Lewis

« Reply #139 on: June 11, 2008, 02:43:16 PM »
It appears or seems like satan is trying to silence what the Lord is trying to do through Dane Griffin. Also, the devil will use this so that others will look upon the health message with indifference.