Author Topic: "VERY URGENT" PRAYER REQUESTS  (Read 106548 times)

Clive Nevell

• http://
"VERY URGENT" PRAYER REQUESTS
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2000, 10:13:00 AM »
There is a hymn in our church hymnal, # 505, which says "We need the prayers of those we love." It has beautiful words.

Father we do indeed need the prayers of those we love and now we pray that you will be with Sister Liane and Brother Laurie, bless them, we want to encourage both of them.
Amen

Clive

Laurie Mosher

• There is a place of quiet rest
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2000, 06:51:00 PM »
  Thank You Brothers and Sisters for your prayers and support. Our family is in transition (My wife's parents who have been living with us are returning to live in British Columbia-a mere 4000 miles west). Bev (wife) is returning with them for about 1-2 months to set up housekeeping and help in future helpers. So it has been quite interesting in this household for the past 3 weeks!!!! Quite frankly I'm weary. That's the reason I haven't been so active. I appreciate SO MUCH Richard and Clive's support for me, and when things slow down (next week), I hope we're back to normal.

------------------
Keep "the" faith!
 Bro. Laurie

Keep "the" Faith,  Brother Laurie

Joan Rügemer

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2000, 03:06:00 AM »

Rain. For you Clive, and your family it's an existance question. I was struck with the seriousness of such a situation. I read the prayer topic, rejoiced in the love and concerns of the brethern, and logged off the forum. I was just so moved by your request for rain. Water. I had to pray about it first and meditate. It is such a matter of course in my everyday life. We are so watered soaked with high water ground levels and rivers and enough damms and rain and reserviors.

I lived in Arizona 10 years. I know how I wished to get away back then what with not trusting the sources of water there. All was much to dependant on the Colorado river and Hoover dam. All was so hot and everywhere was air-conditioning and electricity dependant on water works. I sensed an enviromental very shakey living existance.

Your living in an autonomous area of your own is very appealing at first glance. The getting ready for last turn of the year Dec31 to Jan 1 had a blessing for us here at home in disguised. We have now because of the separate bottles of gas for cooking and heating, and enough batteries for the special hunting aku flash lights, well set for utilities failures. We always have distilled bottles of water now in the storage shed ready for need. Because I had enough dry goods for three months stored I was able to have enough monthy household money left over the first three months of the year to then afford a special something which I have been putting off getting for years.

I still have awe and amazement thinking over the fact that the same Jesus I worship is the same Jesus you worship and his loving me is not a iota less of His loving you. In his loving you the bare facts of your personal life is of importance to Him as intense as it is in your mind when you ponder about it. Making practical decisions in the course of life, grow in intensity the more we hold increased number of responsibilities.

I use to think that what I can't do myself I'll talk to God about. He'll fix it. After all He's there to show his loving care for me, right ? Then I grew into awareness of how the puny spontaneous selfish workings of people hinder the netwoking of God's bigger plan which covers a larger amount of time space to reach many individual goal in personal lives of those who commited their lives to Him. I saw then that my daily will and plans must be in harmony with His purposes and plans for my area of life. So daily morning and evening praying to him about the smallest items is a very important habit. And regarding others, wellll, ....I saw then I wanted not to be an annoyance to His bigger scope of plans for a person by putting a patch of temporary  alleviatation of pain, discomfort, fear. I could do that through pragmatic suggestions of doing this or that. I could do so by using personal influence with others to get them to do something practical in way of help for the ones I am worrying about. I could even myself supply the missing material or financial goods needed. But then it dawned on me if even doing 'good' I may well be misguided and hindering the broader scope of plan for the character building of faith in Him that God has wanted for that individual. It's all such a tricky business this 'doing good' part of the walk in the kingdom.

You're a man of sound judgement and know when the time is ripe to move to a better living quarter for the sake of food and water  (me turning to look out the picture window at the lush scucculent green of the lawn and healthy darker green huge fir and leafy trees and wishing you were all capable of moving next door to me in the cottage up for sale :)  )

I know that praying together binds together. And if we're to keep that famous often used quote of 'press together brethern' from Sr. Ellen alive and active among us here on forum then I too should start taking part in praying with and for you all. So here I come......

~~~~~***Joan***~~~~~~

Joan Rügemer

« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2000, 03:08:00 AM »
Our father in heaven, I approach you in the authority of the name of Jesus Christ.

You, our almighty Father of creation, have made a covenant with Clive, your son in Jesus Christ. He is now walking in faith in this covenant of standing before you in righteousness according to the being, purpose and act of our Lord Jesus. Your kingdom is in his heart. I am now kneeling in my heart in your presence, believing in your complete control of all nature, presenting before you with heartfelt compassion for his need of rain for living needs at his place there in Queensland. Please, I ask you in belief, let the rains come to meet his and his neighbours needs for their households. Please, let the animals have relief from thirst that are also living wild around about.
Thank you Jesus, ....amen.

Clive Nevell

« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2000, 12:31:00 PM »
Received two letters yesterday in the mail, one from Jim and Hazel Clyde, thanking us for our prayers and the visit last Sabbath afternoon. But a more urgent one that I would like to bring to your attention. It was from the local school, Aratula State Primary School. The teacher shared with us that one of the Teacher Aids has just be diagnosed with cancer and asked us to rember her in our prayers. Her name is Shirlene Worth. I guess about 45 years of age with grown up kids. They gave no details about the type of cancer but I know from time to time she has been sick and has been in hospital when it has been bad but now found out it is cancer.

Our Father in heaven at this time we bring to our friend Shirlene and ask that your healing hand will restore her back to full health, that that through this experience your truth will be made known to Shirlene and her family. We pray for her family, husband and children. Asking that tour Will, will be done. In Jesus name we pray. Amen.

Clive

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2000, 06:40:00 AM »
Heavenly Father, I would like to add to our brother's prayer.  You have entrusted to your people a knowledge of health that provides a way to reach the hearts of those you are seeking to save. I pray that you would provide a way for our brother to minister to this family by bringing to them a knowledge of your health prinicples and why it may be that this illness has come upon their family.

We thank you that you love us and have given us such great light in regards to our health. It is so sad to see so many suffering in the world because of an ignorance of your health principles, especially with cancer and especially the innocent children that do not choose to follow their own way.  We pray that you will use this situation in this family's life to bring them into a close relationship with you through our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, amen.

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Elder John Thurber

• Moderator at Rest
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2000, 08:26:00 AM »
From John and Patsy Thurber -

Our son in law Gary Juhasz is in his early forties, and his teens were filled with drug addiction. He has been clean for many years, and after that time he met our daughter and they married. He has no religious background, but a fine young man today. Without any symptoms at his last check up he was told that he had Hepatitis C.  Most likely from needles through his teen years. Our daughter also had a difficult time through her teens, and they met at AA they have had a good marriage, yet our daughter has had a lot of guilt since her teen years. He has been given five years to live, and my daughter is fragile and we are wanting God to intervene for our kids. I believe in the prayers of God's people and ask you to put them on your prayer list for His will to be done. Thank all of you for your love and prayers. John and Patsy

Joan Rügemer

« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2000, 11:35:00 AM »
John..........
I always expect to get shocked coming into this sector of Remnant. I am hardly ever disappointed.

Now my friend John has packed out and shared. I feel awful that the news is so awful. A chronic illness which may shorten the life of a loved one brings all sorts of change in living life. I checked out these sites and can recommend them for a starter.......
http://www.suite101.com/welcome.cfm/hepatitis_abc
http://www.hepatitisneighborhood.com/main_index.html
http://www.asan.com/users/wazzie/wizpage2.htm
http://www.wizofwaz.com/
http://my.webmd.com/
http://www.hepatitis-central.com/index.html

It is important that the ray of hope not be cut off for your daughter's husband. Having him sign up with a Hepatitis C email group and chat group is important for the group therapy does help so he won't grubble alone with this. As for now there is no cure for Hep. C. But the liver transplant techniques are getting better. By the time he might need one desparately, either Jesus is already come or the transplant will be a chinch for success. Medical science is making jumps and bounds with new help for otherwise hopeless cases. That 5 year letter of doom can be stretched to 15 if possible through what you learn about on those websites above.
His doctor has probably put him on interferon alfa-2b already. Has he had a second test from another laboratry to confirm the first test result. Maybe it was done on Monday and the lab gal made a mistake ? (grasping as straw now blowing up and away  :(  
Because HCV is transmitted in blood, others may be infected through sharing razors, needles, toothbrushes, or nail files. Has your son-in-law been tattooed ? Through tattooing, body piercing, or acupuncture done by an infected person, one can get the chronic disease also. Just one exposure may be enough to transmit the infection. Before the new ruling to test all donors for Hepatitis C came out in 1989, many have been infected by receiving blood donations. You didn't say about the blood test of your daughter. This too needs to get done to see if he has infected her. If she has been released from her AA problem then guilt needn't ride her back anymore at all when she has talked to Jesus and accepted forgiveness. Do talk to her about this.

My love to you. May the Lord keep the two of them in the spiritual blessing that is over your family because of your head being Jesus and you are the head of your wife and the children become a special blessing as shown in the bible.

~~~~~~Joan~~~~~

Joan Rügemer

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2000, 11:37:00 AM »
May the Lord God our Creator be praised ! You who have changed us and given us the promised Holy Spirit are the source of our upward look of wonder and amazement. We smile and say, yes! We believe in you and your restoring power, your healing power, your saving power. My heart is bowed and my hands lifted up with loud voice of supplication for John's child and her husband. I see the stories in my mind of those coming to you in Galilee for healing. All who you touched while on earth was healed of their disease. I ask you in the love of the heart you have for your children, by faith I ask, that the chronic illness will not separate that man from your Grace for salvation but increase his faith in you. I pray for the salvation of his soul to be steady in your hands. I pray for the salvation of both of them to be steady and that they will be filled with the knowledge of the Lord's atonement for them. May the stream of faith in Jesus be the source of his wholeness. When the time of healing is to take place may you Jesus be the one who heals him with your touch. I believe in you.
The Lord be praise. I pray to the father God in the name of Jesus Christ. amen

Laurie Mosher

« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2000, 06:22:00 PM »
Yes Brother John and Sister Patsy, I will add YOUR dear ones to my prayer list, and thank
                   you for the opportunity of allowing us to be Intercessor Prayer Warriors.

Dear Heavenly Father,
                   You invite us to come into Your presence and have given us the Bible promise that You
                   will hear us, and answer according to Your will. Father, I come to You, right now, in the
                   Person of Your Son Jesus Christ who is interceding on our behalf as we ask this in Your
                   name. Father God, You have seen and heard the prayers and pleas of these Your children
                   who have been Co-Laborers for You in their ministry, And Father, I would ask that You
                   would step in right now and rebuke the evil one for allowing this sickness. Yes, we know
                   that sometimes we bring diseases upon ourselves, but we also realize that when Jesus
                   was on earth, He healed ALL types of diseases. And He has promised that all who will call
                   upon His Name will be heard. Thank You Father for these precious Bible promises, and
                   please increase our faith, so that Jesus will be glorified, and Your people edified. And
                   Father, may Jesus come soon, so that we all can be freed from the curse of sin. We will
                   be in heaven with You, and all Your family throughout the ages. There will be no more
                   death, sickness or tears. Keep us faithful, I pray in the Precious and Most Wonderful
                   nasme of all names, JESUS. AMEN and Amen!
                   Keep "the" faith!
                   Laurie

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2000, 08:18:00 PM »
Heavenly Father, our brother and sister have a burden on their hearts and have shared it with us as you are well aware. We thank you for encouraging them to share their burden with us. You have told us there is power in prayer and we can say, amen. You are faithful. We come to you in the name of Jesus asking you to use this situation to your honor and glory. We don't know any of the details, but you know them all. Please work in this family to draw them closer to you. If there be anything that is causing any distance from you in their lives, we ask you to reveal your great love that they may draw very close to you in their time of need. We ask that you give our Brother John and Sister Patsy wisdom to minister to their daughter and her husband as they experience this trial. We know all things work together for good to those who love you. You will turn this great trial to great good as all look to you. We rejoice in knowing that you have answered our prayers, even before we prayed. If healing our brother will bring honor and glory to you and will work to our brother's salvation, we ask you to heal him. We pray in the precious name of Jesus, amen.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Elder John Thurber

• Moderator at Rest
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2000, 05:50:00 AM »
My eyes are moist this morning as I read you outpouring of love in behalf of our children Praise the Lord for your friendship and your most encourageing prayers. God is still incharge and He hears the prayers of the righteous.

Sherry our daughter in her first year of college home for the summer rode with son Gary to the Academy for a conference with the dean for he was to be the head monitor for the dorm. this was one week before school to start. I can't tell the whole story it would be to long. On the way home he was getting sleepy and ask Sherry to drive. She got sleepy to and hit a steel post head on. The docktor gave us no chance of his living. His back was broken and bleeding internally. Praise the Lord He healed him. But sherry has never gotten over it. She feels responsible for all the pain and suffering to her brother. He has some restrictions in walking but has been doing well in the ministry.
She is so fradual, she could end up in a mental breakdown. Her husband has been very good to her and nows how to care for her. So you see they both need healing.

We both must be alert to how we can do as God would have us do concerning their salvation so please pray for us too.

Thank you Lord for our dear friends in the Lord most of whom we have not met in person, but share a common bond in the fellowship of the blessed hope.

They are your children they gave their hearts to you a long time ago. You gave your life for us that we may have life and have it more abundently. They have witnessed Your healing power through prayer for Your will, and I want to thank you Dear Father for their prayers for our children. May the prayers lifted to you bring salvation to our children If you choose to heal them now it would be wonderful, but less important then their salvation.  We know that when we pray for healing it is going to happen either now or at the ressurection of Your children. So we pray first of all for a willing heart to recieve you as their Saviour. Amen

We love you for your friendship and prayers. John and Patsy.  

Joan Rügemer

« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2000, 08:27:00 AM »

(((((((((((((John)))))))))))))..........

...that's all of us around you  :)
When you start melting away because of the radiator warmth of the Love we have for you than just say "Hey, you guy !! Cool it."

;D  ;D  :P Joan  :P  ;D  ;D

charlene

« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2000, 11:05:00 AM »
Brother John,
This is my heartfelt assurance that Bob and I will be praying for you and Patsy and all those family members that are certainly touched by this crisis in your family. May the Treatments be guided by a higher authority than mere man and may a victory in Christ be the outcome of the Spiritual and physical needs of your children.  God Bless, in Him is all your strength.

------------------
charlene

charlene

Daryl Fawcett

« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2000, 06:46:00 PM »
Brother Laurie,

I want you to know that my prayers are being sent in your direction during this time.

------------------
In His Love, Mercy & Grace

Daryl  :)

Joan Rügemer

« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2000, 11:25:00 PM »

:o What's the matter with Laurie that we need to petition for him, Daryl ? Did I miss something ?

Joan

Laurie Mosher

« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2000, 04:44:00 PM »
  Thank You Daryl. And Joan, just a minor detail.I'm "batching" for a stretch!
 Keep "the" faith
Laurie   :)

Daryl Fawcett

« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2000, 06:29:00 PM »
Let's just pray that the stretch won't be too long.   :)

------------------
In His Love, Mercy & Grace

Daryl  :)

Suzanne

« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2000, 08:53:00 PM »
John and Patsy:

Our prayers continue to ascend to the throne of grace in you and your family's behalf. May the Lord answer according to His abundant love and mercy.

Regarding hepatitis C, this info comes from the August, 2000 Prevention magazine.

The Liver Protector.  Milk Thistle (Silybum marianum), an herb, is useful for people with liver disease, those who have abused alcohol or drugs or take liver-damaging prescriptions, those working with toxic chemicals, and those with chronic and acute hepatitis.

How much to take: Dried seed, 1 teaspoon of seeds boiled into a tea; tincture 1:5, 1 teaspoon; fluid extract 1:1, 10 drops; tableted standardized extract, 70- to 210-mg extract standardized to 70 to 80 percent silymarin.

How often: Three times a day

How long: As long as the liver is subject to toxic chemicals, take milk thistle to prevent damage from occurring. It is safe for long term use. Use long term if you have chronic liver disease.

Warning: In excessively large doses, it may cause loose stools when you begin taking it.

Drug interactions: None known

How to buy: Choose products made strictly from the seed of Silybum marianum. The standardized extracts have gained popularity, but the nonstandardized products have worked just as well. Avoid products made from other parts of the plant. When chronic liver disease or chronic exposure to toxins is the problem, milk thistle is the first choice. In a world filled with toxic liver-damaging pollutants, milk thistle is a powerful herbal ally.  --end of article.

John and Patsy, from the info I have been able to gather, this herb is the most powerful and potent liver protector available. Indeed, a friend with cirrhosis of the liver was able to get a clean bill of health simply by using milk thistle. I understand that the medical profession does not have anything that comes anywhere close to yielding the benefits that this herb offers.

Hope this helps some.
Sr. Suzanne  

Joan Rügemer

« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2000, 01:18:00 AM »
Suzanne,

How helpful. I'm so glad you knew that and shared. That's real loving concern.

...Joan...