Author Topic: Prayer Requests  (Read 187610 times)

Dora

• For the battle is not yours, but God's.
Re: Prayer Requests
« Reply #260 on: March 30, 2009, 08:23:59 PM »
May God guide the Dr's hand, may you, Ernie, be at peace, knowing that nothing will come to you except what comes through God's hand first.

When my granddaughter was a baby, she had tortoculis, (not sure about the spelling) a condition of her neck which pulled it to one side, and caused much pain.  The only thing that helped was our chiropractor.  She was too small for the adjusting table, so the Dr laid her across her mama's lap and worked on her neck.  Elizabeth never cried out, but when she was raised up, huge tears were standing in her eyes.  But, as long as her mama had her hands on her, she felt safe.  I never forgot that...and have applied it to God's care for me.  As long as I keep myself in His hands, nothing will come to me, but that comes through His hands first.  Remember that, dear Ernie, when you go into surgery.  Praying for you.
Dora

Lewis

« Reply #261 on: March 31, 2009, 08:00:37 PM »
From what I hear, Ernie's surgery went well. They are keeping him in ICU over night. He also lost quite a bit of blood during surgery.

Sister Marie

• May God's Light Shine On Us All
« Reply #262 on: April 01, 2009, 02:41:17 PM »
This is good to hear brother Lewis. If he can get any sleep in ICU he will be really blessed. They make so much noise there all night long. We sure hope and pray that God will help him to get better. :)
With Christian Love,
Marie

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #263 on: April 02, 2009, 12:15:23 PM »
Thanks for the update, Brother Lewis. Tell Ernie we continue to pray for him.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Richard Sherwin

• Keeper of Bees
« Reply #264 on: May 01, 2009, 09:20:29 PM »
I come here with some concerns that I am asking prayers for. First off my wife. After teaching in our schools for 20+ years she was burned out so about 6 years ago she resigned and started working for a veterinarian. She has always has a great love for animals and educating people about them, and in fact the vet has promoted her to head up client education in the area of puppies, kittens and nutrition, among other things. A couple of years ago the clinic where she works hired a business consulting company to help it with it's struggling finances. This company comes in from time to time to conduct training seminars. The seminars have gotten increasingly strange and we have recently become aware of the fact that the consulting firm is a front for recruiting people into the church of Scientology. The more we have studied about this cult the more concerned we have become. She is going to compose a letter to her boss over the next several days outlining her concerns and stating that she can no longer be involved in these classes. This may cost her her job as we have learned that once under the control of these people they will not tolerate those that will not go along with them.

2nd. Next week I am taking over my brother bee keeping business. We have over 2000 hives and provide pollination services in both California and Michigan plus honey production of about 200,000 lbs per year. I ask for guidance in these tough economic times. Although I have owned a much larger business in the past I think this will be much more challenging.

3rd. There is a man named Ken Knight. He is a backpacker extraordinaire. My hike from Georgia to Maine looks like a city park stroll compared to his accomplishments, and on top of that he is almost totally blind. I had the privilege of spending a winter weekend hiking with him a few years ago. This last Sunday he was hiking in VA on the Appalachian trail and has not been seen since. My prayer request is that he will be found alive and his family be comforted until he is located.  Hopefully he just lost the trail because of his blindness and is wandering around lost.

Thanks
Laughter is an instant vacation

Lewis

« Reply #265 on: May 01, 2009, 09:55:45 PM »
Very important Richard! Your requests, and concerns will be included in my prayers as well.

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #266 on: May 02, 2009, 03:30:51 AM »
What interesting times we live in, Richard. You, your wife, and Ken will be added to my prayers. We have a concerned and loving Savior who takes a deep interest in our struggles. He will see you through this and according to James gives men knowledge when they ask for it.
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Brian M

« Reply #267 on: May 02, 2009, 04:24:11 AM »
We will also be praying for your requests.

I have a request I'd like to add. There is a Seventh-day Adventist family in our area going through a very rough time. They are in their early 40's and have 2 children. She lost her job not long ago and he (just 42 years old) had a stroke. It has affected his speech and mobility...and now he cannot work either. He appeared in good shape so this was a major shock to them.
Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law. Psalm 119:18

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #268 on: May 02, 2009, 06:40:27 AM »
What a privilege to take our requests to Him when circumstances appear to be so overwhelming and complex. Yet, He knows every circumstance, every need. The Lord has a thousand ways to work out His purposes in each of these situations and it is our prayer that their faith does not fail during the difficulties.
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Kelsy

• Member at Rest
« Reply #269 on: May 02, 2009, 01:02:32 PM »
Richard and Brian

May each of you recieve special strength from the Lord during these times.  You are remember during seasons of prayer.

Richard Sherwin

• Keeper of Bees
« Reply #270 on: May 02, 2009, 08:26:33 PM »
One down, two to go. Late this afternoon Ken Knight was located, alive, tired and embarrassed that he had gotten lost. But other than that he is fine. His vision is very bad, he can read things 3 inches away and things 10 feet away are just vague shapes so it's understandable that he got off the trail and could not find it again. Thanks ya'll that were praying for him.
Laughter is an instant vacation

Lewis

« Reply #271 on: May 02, 2009, 09:10:30 PM »
Late this afternoon Ken Knight was located, alive, tired and embarrassed that he had gotten lost. But other than that he is fine. His vision is very bad, he can read things 3 inches away and things 10 feet away are just vague shapes so it's understandable that he got off the trail and could not find it again. Thanks ya'll that were praying for him.

That is great the he was found. Praise God.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #272 on: May 03, 2009, 06:02:57 AM »
Praise the Lord! Thank you for letting us know.
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Kelsy

• Member at Rest
« Reply #273 on: May 03, 2009, 02:52:09 PM »
It is good to know that Jesus knew where he was all the time, even if we did not. God is good and his Name is to be praised!

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #274 on: May 03, 2009, 05:34:03 PM »
Amen!!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Linda K

• Wordkeeping
« Reply #275 on: August 08, 2009, 09:56:21 PM »
I'd like to ask for pray for a young couple that the Lord has brought into our lives. I first made contact with them through an add they placed on Craigslist, asking for a place to stay. They are homeless, and she's 8 and a half months pregnant. We talked on the phone, and they ended up coming to one of our 10 days of prayer. Our church put them up in a motel for a couple of nights. Then I lost touch for a few weeks, and they surfaced again, asking for help with their car. Another member spent quite a bit of time helping them, and asked if they could park their camp trailer at our property. So they came yesterday, and the lady Niki went to church with us today, and stood up for an alter call saying she wanted to surrender her life to Jesus. We just spent several hours visiting with them, with some lively discussion, and they seem open but reserved. The man, Kevin, is intrigued with the Vatican, and we had Walter Veith's series Total Onslaught sitting there, so we suggested that we watch the series together, and they agreed. So we start tomorrow night. Please pray for this young couple, that the Holy Spirit will speak to their hearts and lead them into God's truth.

Larry Lyons

« Reply #276 on: August 08, 2009, 10:43:43 PM »
Linda, my prayers go up for this couple. I can't think of amything better to show them than Total Onslaught. If you have his "Evolutionist to Creationist-My most difficult journey," that might also be good. It is his personal testimony, and he tells the story of the events surrounding  his infant son that led him away from RC influence. 

Brian M

« Reply #277 on: August 13, 2009, 07:58:08 AM »
Probably close to 10 years ago, my wife and I gave her step-father a copy of The Great Controversy, which he promptly shelved. This week he told my wife he was on his second read through the book (he just finished it and started right over again). He was very interested in EGW and shocked to find that she barely had an elementary education. He has now requested a copy of a biography so he can learn more about her and he'd like to visit Historic Adventist Village to see the house she lived in. Please pray for us and him.
Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law. Psalm 119:18

Larry Lyons

« Reply #278 on: August 13, 2009, 11:30:15 AM »
Probably close to 10 years ago, my wife and I gave her step-father a copy of The Great Controversy, which he promptly shelved. This week he told my wife he was on his second read through the book (he just finished it and started right over again). He was very interested in EGW and shocked to find that she barely had an elementary education. He has now requested a copy of a biography so he can learn more about her and he'd like to visit Historic Adventist Village to see the house she lived in. Please pray for us and him.
That is wonderful Brian. I will pray for them. I gave my son a copy of GC several years ago. I continue to pray that he will eventually read it.

Esther 7

• http://
« Reply #279 on: August 13, 2009, 11:41:49 AM »

Praise the Lord! He's calling His sheep home!