Author Topic: Prayer Requests  (Read 187615 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Prayer Requests
« Reply #240 on: March 09, 2009, 06:06:24 PM »
Please will you pray for my children who are sick and for me that I don't lose my job because of needing to stay home with them last week and this week  :-[  Thank you and God Bless.
Sheri

Heavenly Father, we come asking in faith for your blessings on our dear sister who is giving her life into your hands. At times it seems as if we are in-between a rock and hard place, but we know that what ever comes to us has to go through Jesus first if we are abiding in Christ. Sister Sheri could not leave her sick children home alone and yet she has missed much work. We pray that you will lead her and guide her into that perfect path you have set before her. You know her needs and we know you will provide for her and her children. Give her peace that passes understanding as she passes through these difficult times. Help her to train up her children in your ways. We pray this in the precious name of Jesus, amen.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Sherijo

« Reply #241 on: March 09, 2009, 08:05:53 PM »
 :) Thank you very much for your prayers.  I would like to share that Jesus answered mine and your prayers on my behalf as my boss emailed me today and expressed not anger but compassion and understanding.  She told me to take the time that I need.  God is great!
Thank you and God Bless.
Sheri

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #242 on: March 09, 2009, 08:19:32 PM »
Praise the Lord! He is good and moves upon the hearts of others!
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #243 on: March 09, 2009, 08:20:15 PM »
Dora? How was your surgery? We have been praying for its success and a very speedy recovery!

Dora

• For the battle is not yours, but God's.
« Reply #244 on: March 09, 2009, 09:25:23 PM »
Thank you, Dear Sybil!  Earlier today I did not feel like getting on here, but my eye is feeling a bit better tonight.  The Dr did a kind of corrective procedure along with the cataract surgery to hopefully help the double vision problem, so it is a bit worse than it would have been otherwise, but maybe the results will be worth it.

Surgery went well, and while being prapped, I was able to share with the lady about being a vegan.  When I had told her I was a vegetarian, she said, "O, what do you eat for protein?  My husband and I think we should get away from as much meat."  Of course that was like turning on a faucet, we talked all the time until I was taken to surgery, and I plan to take her some recipes and maybe a cook book next time.  Isn't it wonderful how God works when we allow him?

Also, I praise Him that our precious Elizabeth is with us tonight.  She will take me in tomorrow for my post op. check.  She will be here maybe a month at least.  I can hardly believe we are so blessed!

Thank you all for your prayers...will keep you posted.

Dora

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #245 on: March 13, 2009, 11:09:20 AM »
:) Thank you very much for your prayers.  I would like to share that Jesus answered mine and your prayers on my behalf as my boss emailed me today and expressed not anger but compassion and understanding.  She told me to take the time that I need.  God is great!
Thank you and God Bless.
Sheri

God is indeed GOOD!!!  Dear sister, remember this. Keep this answer to prayer in your mind from day to day. More difficulties are coming and at times God will delay answers to our prayers, that our faith will grow. He is faithful to answer our prayers in the very best way. He loves us and will provide for us as we abide in Christ. How are your children doing? 
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #246 on: March 13, 2009, 11:12:50 AM »
Surgery went well, and while being prepped, I was able to share with the lady about being a vegan.  When I had told her I was a vegetarian, she said, "O, what do you eat for protein?  My husband and I think we should get away from as much meat."  Of course that was like turning on a faucet, we talked all the time until I was taken to surgery, and I plan to take her some recipes and maybe a cook book next time.  Isn't it wonderful how God works when we allow him?

Also, I praise Him that our precious Elizabeth is with us tonight.  She will take me in tomorrow for my post op. check.  She will be here maybe a month at least.  I can hardly believe we are so blessed!

We are rejoicing with you!! God is GOOD! He gave you a blessing so that your mind was at peace as you went into surgery!!!  We pray that your eyesight will improve. And, we rejoice that your dear grand-daughter is with you!!!  Give her our love. We know that God is continuing to lead her!

Dora

« Reply #247 on: March 24, 2009, 09:57:36 PM »
Thank you all for your prayers and encouragement.  I am going in tomorrow AM at 8:15 for my second eye surgery.  I have the cookbook ready to take to the lady who prepares me for surgery.  It is a beautiful cookbook, with even some quotes in it.  Yes, Brother Richard, she had my mind so much on how to prepare food, I almost forgot I was getting ready for surgery.  God is so good!  He provides just what we need when we need them.

Elizabeth did not get into the Ultra Sound program she has been trying to enter.  She was 5 points short, and there were enough others who had those 5 points who filled it.  But, we had prayed much about it, so we know that God has something else for her.  One blessing has come from the rejection, she has decided to stay on here and attend camp meeting in May, as she won't be coming back here in the fall.  It is wonderful to have her here, to talk with, study with, and just enjoy.  She is a great help to me too. I treasure every day she is here.

Again, thank you all for prayers for both Elizabeth and myself.  I look forward to about two-three weeks from now when I can get fitted for my reading glasses, and find out if I need a prism ground into the lens for the astigmatism.  I believe it is better, though.
Dora

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #248 on: March 25, 2009, 06:36:46 AM »
Dora, you are indeed in our prayers.

Marelis

« Reply #249 on: March 27, 2009, 06:32:09 AM »
Sheri, what a wonderful answer to prayer!  Dora, I hope your other eye went really well.  It will be nice for you to have Elizabeth's company for a while.  God has a different plan for her.
"Thou wilt show me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore."  Ps 16:11

Colleenhf

« Reply #250 on: March 27, 2009, 01:28:45 PM »
Reading through the prayer requests just brings me to tears..
The raw emotion shown in both request and prayers given
and the blessed answers God has given.
Praise God for his wisdom and mercy to each of us.

I am asking for prayer for my sister in law.   She yesterday has
just been told she has breast cancer and it sounds like the
doctors are worried it is aggressive.  She is only 52, and such
an unlikely candidate to get cancer.   She's been asked to have
surgery in a couple days.
I don't know what to ask...but please have her in your prayers.
Thank you all.  Colleen

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #251 on: March 27, 2009, 03:16:00 PM »
Thank you all for your prayers and encouragement.  I am going in tomorrow AM at 8:15 for my second eye surgery.  I have the cookbook ready to take to the lady who prepares me for surgery.  It is a beautiful cookbook, with even some quotes in it.  Yes, Brother Richard, she had my mind so much on how to prepare food, I almost forgot I was getting ready for surgery.  God is so good!  He provides just what we need when we need them.

Elizabeth did not get into the Ultra Sound program she has been trying to enter.  She was 5 points short, and there were enough others who had those 5 points who filled it.  But, we had prayed much about it, so we know that God has something else for her.  One blessing has come from the rejection, she has decided to stay on here and attend camp meeting in May, as she won't be coming back here in the fall.  It is wonderful to have her here, to talk with, study with, and just enjoy.  She is a great help to me too. I treasure every day she is here.

Again, thank you all for prayers for both Elizabeth and myself.  I look forward to about two-three weeks from now when I can get fitted for my reading glasses, and find out if I need a prism ground into the lens for the astigmatism.  I believe it is better, though.

How did your surgery go, dear sister?  We will continue to pray for you and our Sister Elizabeth. Tell her we know God has something better!!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #252 on: March 27, 2009, 03:18:31 PM »
Reading through the prayer requests just brings me to tears..
The raw emotion shown in both request and prayers given
and the blessed answers God has given.
Praise God for his wisdom and mercy to each of us.

Amen!! This ought to be our busiest forum, this and the Testimony Forum.  One day it will be so. 

I am asking for prayer for my sister in law.   She yesterday has
just been told she has breast cancer and it sounds like the
doctors are worried it is aggressive.  She is only 52, and such
an unlikely candidate to get cancer.   She's been asked to have
surgery in a couple days. I don't know what to ask...but please have her in your prayers.
Thank you all.  Colleen

Is she a Christian? Seventh-day Adventist?

[/quote]

Colleenhf

« Reply #253 on: March 27, 2009, 05:40:27 PM »
Yes she is a SDA Christian.  Born into the faith.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #254 on: March 27, 2009, 09:04:49 PM »
Cancer is rampant in the US.  It is increasing as we expect since so many still are eating animal products that transmit many of the diseases of animals including cancer. Dairy is full of Leukemia Virus. In a study at UC Berkely, they found Bovine Leukemia Virus in roughly half of the breast cancer patients in the study. :(

Heavenly Father, you know the situation with our sister. We ask you to draw close to her as she contemplates her future. We also ask that you give the physicians wisdom to know just what to do and skill to do it. We ask that you heal our sister if it would be to your glory and her salvation. If there is something that she needs to do in order for you to heal her, we ask that you reveal this. We thank you for all of the light you have given in the area of health and pray that this will be a blessing to our sister in her search for healing. We thank you for our Sister Colleen and pray that you give her wisdom to be able to comfort and help her sister. We pray in the precious name of Jesus, amen.

Dora

« Reply #255 on: March 28, 2009, 09:41:55 PM »
How did your surgery go, dear sister?  We will continue to pray for you and our Sister Elizabeth. Tell her we know God has something better!!

Thank you, Brother Richard, and thanks to all my TRO family for your prayers.  It seems that my eyes are progressing as they should; I had to go back to the Dr yesterday because the pressure was twice as high as it should have been when I was there the day before.  But, yesterday it was almost normal.

The worst thing now is not being able to see very well, because I have no glasses that fit my eyes.  Also, I am having so many drops put in my eyes, they stay blurry a lot of the time.  But...this, too, shall pass.  And, I hope to be able to see better than I have for a long while.

Thank you for prayers for myself and for Elizabeth, I will tell her.  She has decided to stay with us through May and go to campmeeting with me....another blessing.  She has never before been able to stay here that long.

I have another praise!  One of my Youth class (Brent, the serious one) was baptized today.  It was a high day, his baptism and we had communion!
Dora

Dora

« Reply #256 on: March 28, 2009, 09:45:18 PM »
Colleen, I am so sorry about your sister-in-law, will be remembering her in prayer.  May God's healing hand be upon her.
Dora

Lewis

« Reply #257 on: March 29, 2009, 09:54:49 AM »
Ernie, a member here on TRO is having back surgery that will last 6 hours this coming Tuesday.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #258 on: March 29, 2009, 10:15:13 AM »
Thanks for letting us know, Lewis. He will certainly have our prayers!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #259 on: March 30, 2009, 07:19:53 PM »
Heavenly Father, please be with our Brother Ernie as he prepares for surgery. Be with the surgeons as they operate. Give them skill that they may help our dear brother. We pray in the precious name of Jesus, amen.