Author Topic: Prayer Requests  (Read 187626 times)

Joan

Prayer Requests
« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2002, 10:34:00 AM »
But why is it that so many prayers are never answered?
Says King David: "I cried unto Him with my mouth, and He was extolled with my tongue. If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Father in heaven, in the name of Yesuha our Lord, help us to learn to pray rightly. Thank you for the raster prayer given the Apostles as they asked to learn how to pray during their disciple days. Lead us please, each and every one to form prayers from the heart when we cry up unto you in need for ourselves and for others.

We want you to touch us in the secret places of our hearts which are kept selfishly for ourselves and is not totally committed to you. Investigate us as properly as You would so we will be contrite for anything that is unclean in your sight. We have an awful lot of hidden desires and longings we wish to get fixed or put into order. Please work your miracle ways in those areas where each of us are thinking on for getting us in better relationship to You and our enviroment.

We have persons in our area of life we love who are chronically ill. As a matter of fact we know now of a few who are so severely in death's cold clutches that it appears nowhere amongst men could they come loose.

The plans of yours, our Holy God, are always best. I believe in the freedom of power within your Authority to go beyond the earth's natural laws to raise up a terminal sick person to health. May Your will be done in the lives of those we are thinking of at this time, to raise them up from their sickness for the sake of being a true witness for Christ in right witness to truth.If they would be destroying your witness of truth in away to hurt your body of believers let these ones then be silenced. If you see a purpose to lay them to sleep and take their spirit unto yourself than you be praised by it.  If such persons are praying to you now, I support them in their prayer for forgiveness and cleansing and making matters right with you.

May the work of the Holy Spirit to convict us of sin and teach us the way of righteousness be in our life as the main influence this day,
For Christ's sake I pray,
amen.

Joan

Prayer Requests
« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2002, 05:11:00 AM »

Hebrews 4:16  "Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need."

Our Father in heaven, holy and pure are you in whom your are. I believe in my heart that there is no shadow of turning in you. I believe you are now to this date as you were at the beginning as you created the world. For the mysteries we can not fathom our heart is often perplexed. Still you have taught us as written in this bible verse to be bold in approaching your throne of reign. We know that in doing so we are relying totally on Christ to mediate for us. Thank you Jesus that you are stretching your hand toward us and telling us to come. Thank you for the kindness of your favor toward us.

I am asking for your mercy please now in the lives of the readers here who are going through hard times. Some are here in need for a job. Please assist them to look in the right place and move on the right people to help them where is needed. I pray for the distressed ones in tough personal human relationships. May the fruit of your Spirit in their heart sustain them to act or react accordingly in their situation. And I pray for those believers among us who are not protecting their mind with the shield of faith. Please work your work in them to see how needed personal study of your scriptures and truth revelations are part of the armor they must have before they can be fortified for the daily spiritual battle they are called to.

I pray for my sisters and brothers of the faith here to be given a spirit of freedom of speech. That they will be sustained by You in speaking boldly from the heart truth as you reveal it. Fortify them with holy courage. Free them from useless bashfulness and fear of what others will think of them.

I believe in your thone of grace and mercy. I trust your judgements and I believe in your active power influencing the course of history. I ask you please to influence the course of the lives of those here, who are walking by faith in You, for the sake of Your will being done in their lives as it is in Heaven.

In Jesus's name I pray,
Amen.

WendyForsyth

• http://
Prayer Requests
« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2002, 06:25:00 PM »
Please keep my family in your prayers. Times are hard.

God bless,
WendyF

I have no doubt that God considers you to be one of His friends; otherwise He would not trust you with so many crosses, sufferings and humiliations. Crosses are God's means of drawing souls closer to Himself.

Fenelon

Joan

Prayer Requests
« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2002, 10:13:00 PM »

WendyF, I have had you in my mind and heart as I have prayed lots of these prayers here printed as well as thinking of the others too. It is hard for me to pray a general prayer of non-specifics for one who needs specific answers.

It is a very sensitive matter when publicly sharing hurts or sins in an online forum. I feel like tearing my hair out for helplessness that I am not available for the needed 3D counseling that helps in crisis like what marriage/relatives/churchmembers/financial problems can cause in giving out pain and insecurity.

I know your Father God is loving you and watching over you and allowing chastizement or trial in your life to form your faith to let Jesus's character of reacting grow in you.I know that you know that having contempt for a partner, having contempt for a relative, having contempt for a church member is destructive. One blows off into rage outbursts, one is provoked to lash out with tongue of evil sentences, one does vengeful actions. This is evil in the presence of the Holy Spirit. We should not grieve the Sprit of God. It could get to be a habit and we start to resist the Holy Spirit's voice of influence in our life.

I will pray today privately for you. I promise and I will keep my promise.

Joan

WendyForsyth

Prayer Requests
« Reply #64 on: March 21, 2002, 08:50:00 AM »
Your prayers are treasured Sister Joan. :) Thanks so much for your understanding.

God bless,
WendyF

I have no doubt that God considers you to be one of His friends; otherwise He would not trust you with so many crosses, sufferings and humiliations. Crosses are God's means of drawing souls closer to Himself.

Fenelon

Michelle

Prayer Requests
« Reply #65 on: March 26, 2002, 09:38:00 AM »
I'm attaching a link to a story in Kauai.  The school where we taught, Kahili, is on the same grounds where there is a cabin-rental park.  The park has been leased by the church from an estate, but the estate has stated that all cabins not occupied by teachers must be vacated and the industry closed down by April 15.  This is a large financial blow to the school--please pray for Kahili.  There is some concern that the school could be shut down as well, since all the land is leased.  Thank-you for praying for the conference and the school.

http://www.kauaiworld.com/archives/index.inn?loc=detail&doc=/2002/March/19-1293-news03.txt

Joan

Prayer Requests
« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2002, 02:20:00 AM »

Michelle,

You have a personal affinity for the place what with having worked there. The adventist school took out an 60 year lease for the grounds to run the school. Now we see that they have gone into commercial paths to boast up substidies and got the cabin rental going. The Trust tolerated this apparently too long and for some reason blew the whistle according to their legal advantage as stated here in quote "...while its 60-year lease with the trust signed also in 1985 does not specifically allow commercial operations."

What motivated the ball to rolling is not so much our concern here. What matters is taht the school is not being threatened to close as of yet.

What, Michelle do you want to have done ?
What do you think God wants to have done ?

Joan

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Prayer Requests
« Reply #67 on: March 27, 2002, 09:04:00 AM »
Heavenly Father, we thank you that we can bring these prayer requests before you. Satan is at work to destroy all that love you and desire to keep your commandments. Sister Wendy has asked for prayer and we continue to pray for her family situation. We ask that you would send angels and your Holy Spirit to work so that this family may be an example of your ways. We thank you for all of the counsel you have given and pray that the light will prove a blessing for not only this family but all who desire to serve you.

We also pray for Sister Michelle's request regarding the school situation. You have asked your people to build schools and have given great light in regards to how to operate these schools. We pray that you would look down upon the situation and use it to your honor and glory. If the leases are all in order and the school is being run according to your will,  then we ask that you work in a special way to end the difficulty. If there are things that need to be changed at the school, we pray that you will use this time to draw close to your children and speak to their hearts that they may receive your blessing and the children in the school a Christian education. We pray these things in the precious name of Jesus, amen.

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Michelle

Prayer Requests
« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2002, 12:29:00 PM »
Joan, the article in the newspaper is not completely accurate (or doesn't give the whole picture).  The lease is for the school AND the camp.  The camp has been in place for a very long time, long before the school was there.  The lease just turned over the operations of the camp to the church, and allowed them to build the school on the grounds.  What the biggest problem is, is that the one trustee "in charge" of Kahili (there are a lot of trustees in this estate, and they finally divided it up among them) doesn't like Adventists and is trying to evict them from the whole operation to have the land to himself.  The church has been trying to buy the land for I don't know how long, and the trustee just doesn't want to sell to the church.

Joan, what I'm praying for is the school.  Its student body is over 75% non-SDA.  It is a great mission outreach on the island.  If it closes, it closes, and there's not much that can be done, but it cuts off the ability to reach the island for our church.  I obviously don't know what God's will is--but I do hope that if the school is forced to close that the island can be reached in some other way.  Everyone on the island (well, the majority I ever met) knows of the school and has a favorable impression of it for the most part.  

Yes, right now the order is involving the camp.  However, if the funding the camp provides is gone, the school will not be able to function financially.  The costs over there are so great that the money from the camp is what has made the school fees affordable.  So, no, officially the school is not being "shut down" but in essence that's what would happen without some kind of alternate funding.

Michelle

Joan

Prayer Requests
« Reply #69 on: March 27, 2002, 11:23:00 PM »

Thanks. I understand and have better insight how this court decision could effect the outcome of our witness on the island.

Joan

Michelle

Prayer Requests
« Reply #70 on: March 28, 2002, 05:09:00 PM »
For anyone interested, here's an article from today's paper on the whole Kahili issue.  This one seems to have more of a grasp on the issues and is well-balanced and fair in the reporting.  The most telling to me is the planned use (or "reported" planned use). It makes me sick to think of.

http://www.kauaiworld.com/display/inn_news/news02.txt

Joan

Prayer Requests
« Reply #71 on: April 13, 2002, 05:17:00 AM »

Prayer for the world Church :

Psalms 11:4 The LORD is in his holy temple, the LORD’S throne is in heaven: his eyes behold, his eyelids try, the children of men. The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth.—

Our all powerful Father in heaven, I approach Your holy throne now to pray for our Church world-wide. It urgently needs Your intervention because there is so much evidence that step by step compromises are being made in various areas of our denomination. I ask especially for Your intervention in the affairs of the north American Division which is leading the way. The Omega crisis is creeping forward. You and only You can salvage Your righteous ones that they not be drowned in the waves it is causing.

Father, please halt the advancement of the modern liberalists tearing down what You built up of our historic beliefs and standards. So many of us are fearing the future of our church's present trends. Fortify those with the knowledge of truth to speak out and be firm as a banner carrier for Your will. Remove from high office those who prefer pushing modernistic positions in our church politics.

Father in heaven, I ask you to do what ever is needed to stop the liberal professors at Andrews Uni making our ministerial students develop such a wimpy spiritual concept from their new paridigms. Please work Your spiritual influence in the lives of those of good soul soil planning to be ministers but now are being exposed to the disarming of their individual convictions, and being accosted to put aside their basic individualism to be tolerant of everything that goes. Strengthen them please to resist the current of herd mentality. Strengthen them to resist the influence of religion professors molded by academical letters from Catholic universities.

May You in Your love for right worship please step in with healing help into the lives of those being deceived by the inroads of celebrations churches which are robbing us of Your future sda leaders My heart pleads with You to put an immune barrier around the minds and souls of sincere Adventists who get into these meetings not to take on the teaching that being saved already needs to be celebrated and that there is no need any longer to keep Your law. God forbid that these deceptive inroads keep our church members in its grip but with your power in charge, release the veil of deception from the minds of your true ones.

For your kingdom sake I pray in Jesus Name,
amen

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Prayer Requests
« Reply #72 on: May 01, 2002, 06:43:00 AM »
There are times when God is able to reach people who up til then were resistant. Germany was shocked by the mass killings at one of her secondary schools. Shall we pray for those who have been grieved.

Heavenly Father we thank you that we may come before your throne and ask you to intercede in the lives of the families afflicted by the school shootings in Germany. We know you are already working, but hear our humble prayer on behalf of those who are open to hearing of your love, we pray in the precious name of Jesus, amen.

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Michelle

Prayer Requests
« Reply #73 on: May 05, 2002, 10:37:00 AM »
Here's further updates on the Kahili situation.  They're going to try to keep the K-12 open for at least a year, but if they aren't able to rent cabins before it goes to court in 2 years, they'll have to cut the academy portion of the school.  Michelle

http://www.kauaiworld.com/archives/index.inn?loc=detail&doc=/2002/May/02-1900-news02.txt

Joan

Prayer Requests
« Reply #74 on: May 31, 2002, 12:42:00 PM »
Father God in heaven above, my prayer now is for us all here in this Forum. In the name of our Lord Jesus your only begotton Son we honor and glorify you. At this moment I ask you to please make this prayer that Jesus prayed in the upper room reality in our lives, that the essence of what was requested be fulfilled in our personal lives.

Glorify thy Son through us. May our words, deeds and example be enpowered by your Spirit to help those we come in contact with us reach the understanding of the way of forgiveness and eternal life. May you impress upon us each one here the work we are to do to glorify you. Allow us to show forth to others what you have done in redeeming us out of sin. Please keep us in contact to right teachings which are of thee and from thee. Protect us from straying to false beliefs. May the words of Jesus that we have studied be kept within us to grow to maturity and influence our daily walk in decisions.

Father, it is so hard being in this world. The temptations to be like the worldly ones are so strong at times. I pray that your Spirit will keep us bonded to you through the name of Jesus. That we will not go astray. I ask please that you renew the spirit of joy for the things of the kingdom. That we may experience the same joy that was in Jesus as he ministered.

Help us please to overcome when we are confronted with so many who hate us. Keep us from doing evil in return. We have been given a new spirit within us and we know we are not of this world's order. But we live in this world and have to do with it's commodities. Please santify us so that the interaction with this world doesn't get us down. Santify us with thy word of truth. Please let the truth which we have taken up within us bind us with the other in likemindedness in a bond of real earnest love one for another. Work your miracle of making us here into an unity that pleases you. Just like that unity you have, Jesus, in the Father. I pray that we here may be made perfect in that special holy love so outsiders will acknowledge that you Jesus are in us and we are in the Father.

May the love of Jesus Christ, that same love that you dear God the Father have for your Son, be in us one for another and that Jesus reigns in our hearts by faith for your glory.

For your kindgom of Christ's sake I pray
Amen.

Joan

Prayer Requests
« Reply #75 on: June 13, 2002, 11:41:00 AM »

Father Almighty, creator of heaven and earth and all that is within it....

Praise be to you.

As your child who has been ever so blessed with spiritual and material blessings I wish now to present myself to you for interceeding for my brethern here at The Remnant Online. You are their wonderful loving Shepard looking out for their needs. I pray that they will keep the lines of communication with you open so nothing will damage that intimate relationship they have with you through sin.

Thank you for taking care of the supply of their wants and needs. You are so lovingly merciful. May the coming Sabbath be the green pastures they need to lie down in. Let them experience the rest they need for having such a hectic work week. Please bring them in some enviroment on Sabbath that compares to the still waters of drinking with the sheep had. May the still waters be a good sermon, or taped message or read in a book of inspiration. Refresh my brethern according to the longings of their spirits and minds.

I pray for the sick amongst us who are not only in body but are in soul sick in some way. Restoreth their soul to equalibrium. And if they have strayed from the path of right doing please in your gentle way lead them back to the path of righteousness for your name sake.

May your Holy Spirit speak strongly the words of guidance to my brethern so they will fulfill the purpose that you have ordained for their lives. And if some of my brethern need walk through a valley of a loved ones death may they not be frightened by the awful shadows threatening them with loneliness or loss. I pray that such testing of my brethern by a case of death in their lives be resulted in quick healing of the grief period.

Teach us how not to fear evil but to hate it and be repulsed by any sign of evil so we will not participate in it's deceptive allurements. Protect us please from the tempter who is beckoning us to participate in evil.

Praise be to God on high for your faithfulness of being with each and every one of us who love you and keep your commandments ! May the discipline of thy rod and staff comfort us.

Let us please have the experience of you preparing a table of plenty in the presence of those who have made themselves enemies to us by wrong thinking. We hope in this victory over our enemies. We ask you to please consecrate us with that special oil of anointing that is special in your eyes. Blessing we have had in abundance already because we are apart of you and you are are head.

We want nothing more than to have you make the big decisions and anoint us with heavenly wisdom to recognize how to cope with all the little details of life so we will not be the cause of hurt to one another. In your house of church we want to stay continually dwelling and not be evacuated because of submitting to the devil's plot to capture our alliegance. Grant that we become the strength to resist the devil in your name so we will dwell in security forever in Eternity with you.

Thank you Jesus for hearing this prayer
And please grant these petitions according to your will,
amen.

Joan

Prayer Requests
« Reply #76 on: June 25, 2002, 09:41:00 AM »

To you, our loving God father in heaven, I address my prayer in the name of Jesus our Christ.
With a heart of great thankfulness I praise you for the gift of grace you have given us in Christ. You have given us your church members talents for the use of others. For the purpose of encouragement and building up your church body. I ask now that those here lurking will be blessed for your will’s sake in using the gift they have for supporting the believers in their tasks. I pray for the preachers among us to be anointed with wisdom from above in sermon selection and delivery. I pray for the medical people among us that they be anointed with the graciousness of love in serving others as their needs are met. I pray for our teachers of the bible and spirit of Prophecy among us to be protected by your Spirit that they stay on track and teach only the truth as you see it.

Help us all please learn to study for ourselves. Give us each please, the incentive to want the harmony of the faith and unity of love as our priority. Stablize us in our beliefs that we will not be tossed about with the various winds of erroneous teachings. Protect us from the twisting tricks of men amongst us who are deceiving us into error. Christus our will is that you be our head in all these theological matters. Please protect us from the false Shepards who want to be control-elitists keeping us sheep dumb, blind and mechanically obedient. Set us free, dear Jesus, to obey your commandments with understanding and with a loving heart.

I pray, Father in heaven, for those among us who are being attacked by the ‘unclean thing’. Whatever it maybe in anyone of our lives, I pray for your influence of grace and power to set us free from these temptations. That we be renewed in mind and renewed in the spirit of our being to resist. I pray that you will be within us working out the matter of our overcoming in your strength the old nature using deceit and unrighteousness. Lead us please into the way of holy living. Guide our tongues that we do not insult others. Guide our tempers that they stay placid enough not to sin in anger. And give us please the courage to ask forgiveness of those we have sinned against.

For Jesus sake I pray,
Amen.

theo

Prayer Requests
« Reply #77 on: September 18, 2002, 10:16:00 PM »
We are starting a series of health/wellness and evangalistic series on the 21st of this month-this coming saturday night. It is being given by Thomas Jackson. We had a free vegetarian banquet tonight prior to the start of the meetings. We  had a good turnout, probably 150-200 people. A large turnout for this area. we will be having them for the next 6 weeks.

Please pray earnestly for these meetings. I live in an area where outreach and church growth is almost nil. We have lots of new-agers, earth muffins, greenpeacers, etc. They respond well to health and wellness but not to the gospel. Please remember us in your prayers for the next 6 weeks.

theo

theo

Greg Goodchild

Prayer Requests
« Reply #78 on: September 19, 2002, 10:02:00 PM »
I have a friend that is struggling with Vicodin. I would like to share with her that she is in our prayers while the Holy Spirit is praying and working for her.
thank you.

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
Prayer Requests
« Reply #79 on: October 02, 2002, 07:09:00 AM »
The company that my brother works for is sending him down to Lousiana to help restore power to the affected areas after hurricane Lili hits shore. He has been told that snakes and alligators are a problem in the flooded areas he will be in. Back at home he has left a young wife, a 3 year old son, and a 2 month old daughter. If you would please pray for his safe return home.

Also he is in the middle of his first real witnessing experience with the driver of the truck he is riding in. He is worried that he isn't saying the "right" things. Please pray that the Lord will give him the wisdom he needs.

We should also remember the people of LA and TX who will be affected by this storm.

By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}