Author Topic: Prayer Requests  (Read 187742 times)

Joan Rügemer

Prayer Requests
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2000, 01:59:00 AM »
Gerry,

....am I ever glad you posted this info about the reason for the canukForum being down. The bigGuys checked and found us pushing their dirty linen undercovers to the bottom of the bed and blew us up.  :) Awful. But I am praying that others as I have done will send green-backs in to support the new Forum to get it up and going.
..............Joan...............

Gerry Buck

• http://
Prayer Requests
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2000, 08:27:00 AM »
Maritime is online again, but, is having server problems.

Please pray that they will find the gremlin and dispose of it.

Thank you all.

Without the sister forums of TRO and Maritime I wouldn't have many places to go without a lot of fighting.

I don't post a lot here, but do read a lot.
You all have helped me a lot in my christiam growth.

------------------
Abstain from ALL  appearence of evil. 1Thess.5:22
Gerry B.

Examine me, O LORD, and prove me: try my reins and my heart.Ps.26:2
Gerry B.

Gerry Buck

Prayer Requests
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2000, 05:59:00 AM »
Over the weekend of the fourth, I learned that my son-in-law was in England with his dad and the rest of the family, because of this, the American Red Cross has put him on a
list excluding him from giving blood.

They said it was because they ate meat from the economy while there, and it exposed them to the disease.

I didn't think much of it until I was reading in the health forum here, the thread about mad cow disease.
It appears that he may be in some danger of possiblt contracting the disease as it has an incubation period that could be as long as 15+ years.

Please pray for him, as the 15th anniversary of his stay there is coming up soon.
Thanks
Gerry B.

------------------
Abstain from ALL  appearence of evil. 1Thess.5:22
Gerry B.

Examine me, O LORD, and prove me: try my reins and my heart.Ps.26:2
Gerry B.

Laurie Mosher

• There is a place of quiet rest
Prayer Requests
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2000, 07:17:00 PM »
   Yes, Bro. Gerry, we will certianly pray for your son-in-law.
Dear Heavenly Father,
 We come to you in the person of Your Son Jesus, who is our Intercessor. Father God, You know the situation that is facing our brother here, and we ask that You will intervene, and allow his tests to remain negative. We know that You are the Great Physician , and that You do not heal in degrees, but rather in Wholeness. Father, please bless Gerry's entire family membeers, that they can have reassurance and know that "all things work together for good to those who love You, and are called according to His purpose. This we ask in Jesus name and for His sake, AMEN AND AMEN!
 Keep "the" faith!
Bro. Laurie
Keep "the" Faith,  Brother Laurie

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Prayer Requests
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2000, 08:39:00 PM »
Please pray for my two young friends, Rebekah and Joseph. They are at their father's for their two week visitation. The training they have received all of their life is being undone.  The standards that once were taught by their father are now being removed. It is quite a painful situation for the children as they know what is right, but are in an environment in which it is very hard to do what is right. Pray for their father also, and their mother who is having to trust in God for the salvation of her children.

Richard

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Joan Rügemer

Prayer Requests
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2000, 11:49:00 PM »
Excuse me please, Richard, if I take a break first and ask you for clarification. I do so to pray with understanding so as not to pray amiss. It is hard for me to pray in faith for something when I am perhaps being prejudicedly informed.

Is the father the christian man having taught christian principles ? Is the mother so anti-christian principles that only she is the influence for the negatives in the development of the children ? Is the moral expectations of behaviour patterns of the father toward the children too high and causes tension in interacting with the children ? Do the children feel more the moral expectations of the father toward them then the warmth and exceptance of them being children at their maturity level ? Do they feel uptight and have to be on their best behavior around the dad but feel more relaxed to be themselve around mom ?

Is the mother trusting in God for the salvation of Rebekah and Joseph (such beautiful christian names, seems like some sort of bible-minded parent gave these names to them) ?
.....Joan.......

Clive Nevell

Prayer Requests
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2000, 03:02:00 AM »
We have a prayer request, it seems we are always rquesting prayer, some are good signs, others are not.
Ray and Florence and their son Paul.
Flow is a faithful loyal SDA, her husband and son are not. Their first son Chris was murdered in their kitchen in front of their own eyes in 1991. (about 20 years of age) Ray has never got over it and has been bitter ever since. Paul is now 21 and does not go to church. Ray has never went to church. Now he is having worship with Flow of a morning, praise the Lord for the desire to come and worship. Lets pray for Ray and Paul.

Father in heaven we bring to you Ray and Paul, we want to thank you for bringing Ray to have famuly worship and now we bring to you both Ray and Paul, bring them back to you. Give Flow the right words to speak in these circumtances.
We ask this in the weonderful name of Jesus.
Amen

Clive

DavidTBattler

Prayer Requests
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2000, 08:22:00 AM »
Praying The Scriptures: #1

Oh God, thou who “holdest my soul in life” (Ps.66:9)
You have “crowned my year with goodness” (Ps.65:11)
I thank you for the blessings in “approaching unto thee” (Ps.65:4)
I will declare what you have “done for my soul” (Ps.66:15)

“Hear my voice, O God, in my prayer” (Ps.64:1)
You alone are “my Rock and my Salvation:
I shall not be greatly moved”  (Ps.62:2)
“So will I sing praise unto Thy Name forever;

That I may daily perform my vows.”  (Ps.61:8).
“Thy righteousness O God is very high.”  (Ps.71:19)

“Blessed be the Lord who daily loadeth me
with benefits”  (Ps.68:19)
“I will go in the strength of the Lord God:  (Ps.71:16)
I will make mention of Thy righteousness.”  (Ps.71:16).

“O God - be not far from me:
O my God - make haste for my help”  (Ps.71:12).
“I am poor and sorrowful: Let Thy salvation
O God, set me up on High.”  (Ps.69:29).

And “I will praise the name of God with a song,
and magnify Him with thanksgiving.”  (Ps.69:30).

------------------
"The joy of the Lord will be your strength."  (Neh.8:10).

Your brother in Christ

David T. Battler

Laurie Mosher

Prayer Requests
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2000, 11:11:00 AM »
Daryl sent in the following in the Urgent Prayer Request which I have transferred to this thread:Brother Laurie,

I want you to know that my prayers are being sent in your direction during this time.

------------------
                   In His Love, Mercy & Grace

Daryl

IP: Logged
   Joan Rügemer
                      posted 08-29-2000 11:25 PM              

What's the matter with Laurie that we need to petition for him, Daryl ? Did I miss
                   something ?

Joan

Laurie Mosher
                      posted 08-31-2000 04:44 PM              

Thank You Daryl. And Joan, just a minor detail.I'm "batching" for a stretch!
                   Keep "the" faith
                   Laurie

Daryl Fawcett
                      posted 08-31-2000 06:29 PM              

Let's just pray that the stretch won't be too long.

------------------
                   In His Love, Mercy & Grace

Daryl

Liane H

Prayer Requests
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2000, 05:55:00 PM »
I would like to make a request for you all to add Carolyn, a friend of mine on your prayer list.

She once was a SDA member, left the church about 12 years ago. We have been friends for 25 years. Her name is still on the books, but has not gone to our church for years.  

She is going through some very difficult times right now and changes in her life that could effect her eternal salvation, not just problems in this life.

I thank you from the bottom of my heart.  I know I am not giving you much details, but to suffice, her current lifestyle could spiral her even further away from God.

Liane    

Liane, the Zoo Mama
Romans 8:19   For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Laurie Mosher

Prayer Requests
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2000, 07:31:00 PM »
  Dear Heavenly Father,
We come to you as Prayer Warriors, seeking divine intervention for Sr. Liane's friend, Carolyn. Father , we ask in the Name of Your Son Jesus to intercede on our behalf for Carolyn's salvation. May Your Holy Spirit woo her , and give her a desire to know You again. We ask that  she return to her first love of the Truth, and be brought into fellowship with You and Your family. Father God, we recognize that time is running out, and all of us, ask that you will remember all our friends who. at this time. are not in the Truth of Your Holy Word. We just ask that You will bless Carolyn, and we thank You for hearing our prayer. In the blessed and MOST Powerful name of Jesus, and for His sake, AMEN and Amen!

------------------
Keep "the" faith,BUT pass it around!

Bro. Laurie

Joan Rügemer

Prayer Requests
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2000, 11:57:00 AM »
Jeremiah 29
"For I know the plans I have for you, says the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.
Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you.
You will seek me and find me; when you seek me with all your heart,"

Blessed be the name of the Lord Jesus Christ !
Our God almighty is powerful above all situations. I trust Him to do what He has purposed to do. I trust You, my God and father of Your spiritual children who log on to this forum, to accomplish that which You want to do in bringing the readers and posters to a unity of faith. To you I look in faith that the needs of those thirsting for right truth will be met here. I personally ask please to keep us all in fullness of love and wisdom when writing what you want the readers to read. May your spirit of healing be everywhere to those who are wounded. May your love in admonishment be shown to those who need it. May your wisdom be given to the one who is leading in counseling. May your Spirit brood over the minds who need to answer with a word of knowledge.

I praise you for the team of moderators. May you please teach us how to organize our time to be of the most efficient for the benefits of others. Let patience have it's perfect work that we may be lacking in nothing. And please my dear Lord who I love, please send us more moderators that fit to us as your servants who are willing to be faithful in watching and guiding.

It is in the marvelous power that is your authority, Jesus, that  I pray to God. Amen.

Filipe Reis

Prayer Requests
« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2000, 04:45:00 PM »
Hello again! Thank you for the kind words you've all been dedicating me in this forum.
At this moment it's 00.45 am, monday, 9th October. Few hours ago I arrived home from Pedroso. This name doesn't mean much to you, but I'm sure it will when you finish reading my post.
As some of might might have read before, my church here in Portugal, Canelas, grew bigger and bigger, so there was the need of establish a new one to face the growing members number (praise the Lord for this!). So the place choosed was... Pedroso, a little village, about 6 Km from Canelas. The church will officialy be open next January, but the members, like me, have started their meetings there. We're doing fine, but there are some things to get better.
So, I'm asking you all, to remember the new Pedroso church in your conversations with God. Please ask him to guide us, and to teach us how to build a strong church, that can drag people to Jesus. Pastor Antonio Mauricio and Brother Fernando Ferreira are leading thsi project. Please, also ask Gos to send the Holy Spirit to their minds.
Thank you all. I'll be most glad to anounce to my brothers, that through the world, there are people praying for the success of God's work in Pedroso. Feel free to use my e-mail, fire12@net.sapo.pt to give us your supporting prays and encouraging words. Thanks again. I'm most certain, your prays will reach heaven!
From Portugal, Filipe Reis.

Liane H

Prayer Requests
« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2000, 04:58:00 PM »
Dear Brother Filipe:

You will be in all our prayers for yourself and your new church.  I will also send a email to you as well.

It is so wonderful to see God working all over the world.  To see people hearing the truth of our Lord and Saviour and being conformed to the Holy Spirit.

I pray for your pastors of the new church and your new group.  It is told in the SOP, that when a church gets to big, it should split and find a new place.  You are doing exactly what the Lord wants you to do.

Dear Lord:

I pray for this church and the people who love you so much.  They are taking new bold steps in your behalf. Telling the people of your wisdom and your love. Father, give them comfort and courage as they go forward in your name. Amen

Your Sister in Christ

Liane

[This message has been edited by liane (edited 10-08-2000).]

Liane, the Zoo Mama
Romans 8:19   For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Dugald T Lewis MD

• Moderator at Rest
    • http://www.drdugaldlewis.com
Prayer Requests
« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2000, 07:34:00 PM »
Dear Brother Felipe,

I am thrilled to hear of growth. I am praying for the success of God's work in Pedroso. Your enthusiastic post brings to us a feeling of excitement that God's work is going forward despite obstacles presented by the enemy. We will not fear as the Lord is our strength and HE will see us through.

Maranatha
Dugald    

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Prayer Requests
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2000, 09:20:00 PM »
Brother Filipe, I have prayed for you in the Prayer thread and added the church in  Pedroso to the prayer list in that thread. You may read the prayer list in the second post at the beginning of the thread. We are happy for your success and will continue to pray for you and the church at Pedroso.  :)

In His love and grace,   Richard

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

WendyForsyth

Prayer Requests
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2000, 10:36:00 PM »
Brothers and Sisters,
Would you unite together and pray for my husband. He accepted Jesus Christ three years ago, and at that time quit smoking. He took it up again after 17 months. Could you please pray for the Lord to take the desire for nicotine away from him completely? He is so discouraged because of this addiction. His health is poor and I fear for cancer. I know he doesn't want to continue, but he doesn't seem to know how to grasp the power that Christ has offered him in walking away from this addiction. His past has made it very difficult for him to trust, so trusting in God does not come easily for him. Please pray that he will learn how to fully trust in God to do all things, and to take away this debilitating addiction. Thank you.

God bless,
Wendy
-------------
Maranatha!!!

I have no doubt that God considers you to be one of His friends; otherwise He would not trust you with so many crosses, sufferings and humiliations. Crosses are God's means of drawing souls closer to Himself.

Fenelon

Joan Rügemer

Prayer Requests
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2000, 02:43:00 AM »

WendyF,
It hurts me as much as it does you to see one who has started a new way of life going back to the old habits. I am sorry for this happening to your guy with this smoking problem. Thank you though for sharing this with us so we can support you and him in prayer as the Grace of God reaches down again to give him the needed understanding and help in his need to connect to the source of freedom again.

Something happened just prior to his reaching to his first cig after 17 months of abstinance. It is necessary for you to help him put into words just what that stress moment was. What was the cause? He was unconsciously led to rememberances of automaticly reaching for a cig in such a situation and it forced him to start again. Ask him to mentally go over that moment of tempation and speak outloud what stimulant of memory, or place of visiting, or smell, or emotional conflict with others, and which wrong thinking pattern triggered off the desire to reach for a cig to calm him. The habit of using cigs for emotional support was broken by him 17 months after giving his attention to who Jesus is and what He can do for him. It can happen again. Give him this for comfort.

Something happened that your guy's eyes turned away from Jesus and his imagination got filled up with either fear, worry, stress, or something that was part of his pattern of thinking in the 'before knowing Christ' life style. Just get him to try to do the following  :

1. Recognize and verbly say what triggered off the emotional drive for a cig.
2. Avoid coming into contact with the source of tempation so that good habits of non-smoking can grow within one
3. Often the stimulant which triggers off the urge for a cig can't be avoided. So one must work on the thought world of the individual.
4. Make a verbal renewal of the same decision to give up smoking in the power of Jesus which took place 17 months ago.
5. Read everything possible that gives one the mind of who God is in Jesus. The mind is then so cleansed by the word of God that the strength to overcome is greater.
6. Tell him it is nothing to be ashamed of in a way of total resignation of being rejected by God or the other christians because he has started again. Tell him that there is someone who will put his arm around him and pray for him to break the habit again. That person is Jesus. He is interceeding for him already in heaven. But it would be nice if you could get a man who loves your husband to come and prayer acusticly with him for helping his mind to take in the reality of what is going on in the heavenlies pertaining to the spiritual battle for releasing children of God from evil powers. Then a loving hug afterwards between the two guys builds up the healthy sense of being loved and accepted that even guys need.
7. The thought that he is lighting up a cig for offering it to Jesus to smoke (get him to strongly visualize this) will be also a deterent from doing so if the guy of yours has enough mental awareness of how beautiful clean and loving Jesus is to him. The 'ye are the temple of God' truth supports this. If someone hasn't counselled him about how to pray to be filled with the Spirit of God then do get someone on to this.

Recognize what triggers off the urge, make preparations beforehand to avoid the situation, fority the mind with Jesus related thoughts, use another spiritual substitute to combat stress,
renew commitment to God, get a prayer partner. Hebrews 10:26 is a tough truth with consequences if he is delibertly throwing to the wind his new walk in Christ with God. But if he is repentant then there is evidence he is still being sensitive to the convicting voice of the Holy Spirit. Even if he is smoking on the sly at present, please get him to fellowship with church service, praying, bible reading, talking about what he has read, praying with you, listening to healthy sound christian music and singing himself. Reaching out to others in some mission work is very theraputic if you can mangage that for him. But please get him to realize that 'as he is' when he is to coming to Jesus and the fellowship of believers, and with relaxing in trust to the love of Jesus he will experience the grace of God to overcome and the change will take place.

I will pray for you and your husband to have victory in this.

...with love from me to you..
the Joan
P.s.
Oh, yes I just had an after thought...he will have to go through, most likely, a three day of discomfort when he decides to stop again. If he gets irritated do remember to hold your tongue and let him let off steam no matter how he gets angry at something or says accusing things. To help this detoxification go better see to it that he drinks 12 glasses of water during the day and five pieces of fruit at least. And give him a hug from me if he really truely stops drinking his coffee. It also is a cig stimulate suggestive element.

Joan Rügemer

Prayer Requests
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2000, 02:45:00 AM »
Prayer :

Colossians 1:11 "May you be strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy, giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified us to share in the inheritance of the saints in light."

In the authority of the name of Jesus your Son I pray in faith to you, God our father. Please work in the life and mind of WendyF's husband that he will be freed from this smoking habit.
Inspire him to see the cause and give him your grace to overcome in the power of your Spirit. Impress him please to stick to getting to know Jesus so his mind will be filled with better thoughts to use as preventive measures. So let it be Lord. Amen.

Laurie Mosher

Prayer Requests
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2000, 03:16:00 AM »
YES! Sister Wendy, we will be Intercesors on behalf of your husband.

Dear Father in Heaven,
 Jesus, Your Son has admonished us to come boldly to the throne of grace, and Father I am doing that, not because of my own righteousness, but rather thru the righteousness of Jesus Christ.
Father, may we rely upon Your promises, and may Your will be done. Father, Wendy's husband, one of Your children, is experiencing difficulty with the smoking habit, and we know that satan will try whatever means it takes to yield to him.
In the name of Jesus, who made a way of escape for each one, I rebuke satan, and ask that You Father will give the husband a desire NOT to yield to this tempatation. Father, in many cases, You have removed the desire instantly, and I ask that You will work in Wendy's husband behalf NOW! And because of this trial, may he and Wendy grow stronger in Your Trust.
This I ask in the Blessed and Most Wonderful Name of JESUS!
 AMEN and Amen!

------------------
Keep "the" faith,BUT pass it around!

Bro. Laurie