Author Topic: Prayer Requests  (Read 187662 times)

Cop

• Senior Moderator
Re: Prayer Requests
« Reply #480 on: September 24, 2014, 05:40:53 PM »
Asking for your prayers. Has been a down-turn in my health again. Doctors running tests. Hope to be back soon.
My religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me....That is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave."
— Stonewall Jackson

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #481 on: September 24, 2014, 05:42:31 PM »
Cop, you will have my prayers. The Lord is good and I know that you know that. May He grant you the peace that passes understanding.
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #482 on: September 24, 2014, 07:19:05 PM »
Amen!

Eternal heavenly Father, we place our brother Cop before You and petition heaven on his behalf. You know His needs and the desires of his heart. If it be Your will, Lord, please grant them for Your glory. Give him comfort that can only come from You and Your attending angels. We must not forget the physicians, his wife and dear children. Help them to know how to care for him and put his mind at ease. Father, we long for heaven, that land where we will never grow old or have such illnesses. We want Jesus to come and put an end to sickness and death that so plagues us here. It is the longing of our heart. But above that, we want to be where You are. Thank you for Jesus, the greatest sacrifice the universe has ever known. What love!

Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name.
Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:
Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;
Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies;
Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's. Psalm 103:1-5

In the name of Your beloved Son, Jesus,
Amen.

For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Dorine

« Reply #483 on: September 24, 2014, 11:08:47 PM »
COP my prayers are added to my RO family for you as well. May God grant you that peace that comes only from knowing Him. He knows your every need.

I've had several health scares througout my life time and at one point I was sure I was not going to make it another day because I could feel my life forces draining from my body. The prayers of my family and friends and even strangers were such a comfort to me. God saw me through while teaching me to surrender all and trust Him completely.

God bless you my brother and may He keep you in the shelter of His love. I echo Mimi's heartfelt prayer.

Psa 91:1  He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.

But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Sister Dee

« Reply #484 on: September 25, 2014, 07:28:20 AM »
Amen!  The prayers of others are such a comfort in our times of distress.  And we know that He is faithful.  Whatever we may be called upon to endure in this life for His sake, He has promised to never leave us or forsake us, but stay at our side every step of the way.  I am praying for you, Brother. 

Sister Marie

• May God's Light Shine On Us All
« Reply #485 on: September 25, 2014, 10:01:01 AM »
Dear Brother in Jesus, we hope and pray that you will be doing well and that the tests turn out good. May the Lord continue always to bless and care for you.
Sister Marie
With Christian Love,
Marie

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #486 on: September 25, 2014, 11:34:02 PM »
Amen, we will be praying for you, dear brother.  The Lord is the Great Physician. He is in absolute control of all that happens in this world. He does not cause it all, but He either causes it or allows it. And we know that all things work together for our good because we love God.  We continue to pray for water for you also.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

JimB

• Servant
« Reply #487 on: October 07, 2014, 09:41:18 AM »
Cop, we are still praying for you.
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Cop

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #488 on: October 09, 2014, 05:34:12 AM »
Howdy my brothers and sisters. I'm sorry I haven't been in touch, but you are all in my prayers every day. You all are my family and I think dearly of you. I've been weak and very tired and this is the first time I've been back on the web because of it. Nurses are coming to my home three times a week drawing blood and checking on me. I'm at a different doctor, and sometimes two doctors, almost every day. They are all doing tests and it is so tiring. And helping Cathy to haul water sometimes really wears me out but I can't let her do it all. It is obvious that my body is breaking down and wearing out, but I have no fear or worry about it, for I am His child and He is in control.

I am so thankful that we have a God that is like Christ. All this is for His glory am I am honored that He loves me so much that He chastises like this to correct me and help me to become what He desires. My faith is growing stronger and, what is to me most important, my love for my Savior is growing so much. The joy and peace I have in my heart from knowing that all this is according to His plans and that He is in control, no matter what happens, gives me a rest that I can't describe. We are told that love is the going forth of the heart unto the object beloved. O, how I love Him!

I am filled with wonder that He cares and loves me so much to do this for me. And to think that the love I have for Him does not originate within me, but is a gift, a grace wrought by the Spirit, that He gives to me that I may love Him more and more. The more thankful I am to Him for all His blessings, the more I fall in love with Him. My greatest desire is to have a closer union with my dear Jesus, to have a closer communion with Him and to live with Him forever more. May we soon be able to be with Him.

Hope to be back soon...May our God and LORD be with you and bless you all (even those who are Yankees  ;D ). I love you all.
My religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me....That is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave."
— Stonewall Jackson

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #489 on: October 09, 2014, 05:50:20 AM »
 :-* But a little while longer, dear man, our trials will be no more.
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Dorine

« Reply #490 on: October 09, 2014, 05:53:18 AM »
Cop I have been very touched by your testimony. Thank you for sharing. Your attitude is truly a gift from God. Continue to put your full trust in Jesus as we faithfully remember you in our thoughts and prayers.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Sister Dee

« Reply #491 on: October 09, 2014, 07:30:15 AM »
Amen!  He is faithful!  It is a joy to read of how your love and trust in the Lord continue to grow during these trials.  We continue to pray for you, dear Brother. 

Sister Marie

« Reply #492 on: October 09, 2014, 07:53:17 AM »
It makes me happy to read of your experiences with our Lord and you draw closer and closer to Him. I pray that we all will have this experience and draw close and closer to Jesus with every breath we take. Someday soon we will all meet when Jesus comes to get His own. Blessings my friend.
With Christian Love,
Marie

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #493 on: October 09, 2014, 11:47:52 PM »
Amen!  Perfect peace is ours as we abide in Christ. "Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee."  Thank you for sharing dear brother!  We continue to pray for you, that your witness will continue to bless many.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Cop

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #494 on: October 27, 2014, 12:07:39 PM »
Thank you for all your prayers my dear brothers and sisters. I am doing much better and feeling stronger.  I have finished with the medical tests for now and the results are poor in some cases and good in others. Thanks be to our God and Savior for His Grace and Mercy!

I hope to be posting more and catching up on all the news. Again...thank you all.
— Stonewall Jackson

Sister Marie

« Reply #495 on: October 27, 2014, 08:19:06 PM »
Glad to hear that you are doing better. We serve a great God!!!! :)
With Christian Love,
Marie

Dorine

« Reply #496 on: October 28, 2014, 07:17:58 AM »
TRO website has not been working for me lately so I haven't been able to post for awhile. I'm hope this goes through ok.

COP I was so happy to hear that you had a good report. You will remain in my prayers until you advise otherwise. We serve such a wonderful, merciful and compassionate God. Even when things don't turn out the way we would hope they would we can continue to trust Him knowing if we could see the big picture we would not choose it any differently. May God continue to give you courage and strength.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #497 on: October 28, 2014, 07:21:16 AM »
Amen. Good to have you back with us, cop! Look forward to your posts.

JimB

• Servant
« Reply #498 on: January 27, 2015, 05:48:40 AM »
I would like to put forth a prayer request of my own. It's a little odd in that it's for my dog. I'm feeling a bit responsible right now for not following through with the Dr's orders. She has a back injury and the vet said no stairs (even just one or two... I asked) but she was feeling so much better and it's kind of a pain to have to carry her outside and then back inside, especially this weather so I was letting her do her own thing.

Then last night on her way into the house she slipped on the step and yelped and now she can barely walk again. If I could kick myself hard I would. Back injuries for dogs are bad news and I don't wish to be responsible for her down fall.

So I'm asking that if you think about it to pray for her.

Dorine

« Reply #499 on: January 27, 2015, 08:05:45 AM »
I would like to put forth a prayer request of my own. It's a little odd in that it's for my dog. I'm feeling a bit responsible right now for not following through with the Dr's orders. She has a back injury and the vet said no stairs (even just one or two... I asked) but she was feeling so much better and it's kind of a pain to have to carry her outside and then back inside, especially this weather so I was letting her do her own thing.

Then last night on her way into the house she slipped on the step and yelped and now she can barely walk again. If I could kick myself hard I would. Back injuries for dogs are bad news and I don't wish to be responsible for her down fall.

So I'm asking that if you think about it to pray for her.

Because I know all about back injuries and back surgeries my heart goes out to your little friend and to you. No doubt she will be in a lot of pain. I have no problems praying for Gods wonderful creatures that bring us so much pleasure.

It's interesting that this has happened because of not listening. I had to have a 2nd back surgery because I was feeling so good after the first one; then I broke a "few" of the little rules and ruptured my disk once again. Only the second one left me very limited in what I can do with hardly a day without pain. It's hard to watch a pet suffer so I will be praying for her recovery according to God's will.