Author Topic: Prayer Requests  (Read 187617 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Prayer Requests
« Reply #440 on: April 22, 2012, 04:41:27 PM »
:)  After all the swales you've made, we know you can pack it up with the best of the young ones!!

We rejoice with you, Linda and Ed!! Jobs are hard to come by. God is working for you!!  Variety in life is nice.  God must have something better for you!!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

LindaRS

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #441 on: April 22, 2012, 05:34:44 PM »
YAY, Linda! I am so happy! You are not yet my age, so you are still strong enough (with God's help) to pack it up. I am praying for you, my sister, that God will send strong men to help you two!

What's a year or two at our age?  ;D It's not the packing that gets me, it's the loading and unloading, especially the furniture and the books. We have so many books! But I trust God to work it out.
O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. Jeremiah  10:23-24

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #442 on: April 22, 2012, 08:20:02 PM »
:)  After all the swales you've made, we know you can pack it up with the best of the young ones!!

;D Hardly. It's just that I am persistent, slow and methodical! Work 2-3 hours, rest 22-23!  ;D
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #443 on: April 22, 2012, 08:43:28 PM »
Yes, books are very heavy, but I can give you some help here.  After many years of moving books, there is a secret.  Do not use washing machine boxes to pack them in.  Keep the boxes small. :)  Then moving books is a pleasure. Yes, it takes more trips, but so what.  It is God's time. Now you will smile as you carry your boxes of books.  If you find a box of books that is somehow a little too large, leave it for Ed.  :) 
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

LindaRS

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #444 on: April 23, 2012, 06:31:33 AM »
Oh, yes, I learned that lesson. The older I get, the small the boxes get.  :D I was collecting small boxes yesterday and started packing them.
O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. Jeremiah  10:23-24

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #445 on: April 23, 2012, 07:20:52 PM »
Yep - I learned that lesson, too!

Sister Dee

« Reply #446 on: April 24, 2012, 08:24:56 AM »
 :D

I'm so glad Ed was able to find another job so soon, Linda.  God is good! 

colporteur

« Reply #447 on: June 12, 2012, 05:23:57 AM »
If you think about it send up a prayer today for me. I have been aggressively advertizing the medical clincs when I can and then canvassing on Sunday and evenings when possible. Today my wife took the children with her to work so I have the whole day to sprint through. I work the medical offices at a hectice pace straight through from 9:00 until 5:00 p.m or after and its a lot of footwork. My R Arthritus has been getting worse to where my feet are giving me trouble. So far it has not slowed me down much and I still speed from one clinic to the next but it takes quite a toll and I pay for it later in the day and the next day. Even so God is blessing. Sunday I canvassed a young  Mormon mother in the city and her teenage daughter. She purchased the 3 volume health set from Spain that we carry, "Encyclopedia of Foods" as well as the Natural Remedies Encyclopedia. I included the Great Controversy illustrated by Vance Farrel and promised to come demonstrate how to make cashew cheese at their house. This week I added to and altered  the Black Hills cheese recipe and came up with a very satisfactory cheddar like cheese for making grilled cheese sandwhiches.
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #448 on: June 12, 2012, 06:13:40 AM »
Absolutely, Colporteur! You have reviewed Agatha Thrash's treatment pages on this? http://lifestylelaboratory.com/counseling-sheet-pages/arthritis-cs.html

colporteur

« Reply #449 on: June 12, 2012, 07:57:02 PM »
Absolutely, Colporteur! You have reviewed Agatha Thrash's treatment pages on this? http://lifestylelaboratory.com/counseling-sheet-pages/arthritis-cs.html

No, but I'll take a look.
Had a head ache and my feet hurt until about 6:00 p.m. then I kind of snapped out of it and did better when I slowed down and went to canvassing. As I passed a store heading to a clinic a lady stopped me and was interested in the books. I went and brought back my case and canvassed her in the store. She purchased Ministry of healing and a couple of children's magabooks. Then I canvassed a black lady with two grown daughters and a baby grand daughter. They were penniless until Frieday but we had a nice Bible study about Peter's vison. Her one daughter had stopped eating pork. They had a lot of questions about death and heaven and after at least an hour they said they were sorry to see me go. It is good to get that kind of feedback.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #450 on: June 12, 2012, 09:58:27 PM »
Amen!  We will be praying for you.  Dr. Crane from Weimar was convinced that refined oil was a cause of some kinds of arthritis. 

colporteur

« Reply #451 on: June 13, 2012, 07:11:14 AM »
http://lifestylelaboratory.com/counseling-sheet-pages/arthritis-cs.html

"I.  Use foods low in tryptophane such as: wheat, most nuts, all animal products.  Corn, popcorn, and fruits are lowest."

The above line puzzels me.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #452 on: June 13, 2012, 07:26:10 AM »
Maybe the word "avoid" was left out before "animal products." E-mail them to verify.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #453 on: June 13, 2012, 12:57:30 PM »
It appears to be a typo.  Tryptophane is high in animal products and nuts.   It is an amino acid that is found only in protein. Gluten is a high protein food also. 

colporteur

« Reply #454 on: June 29, 2012, 01:58:41 PM »
The Lord has worked two  miracles in terms of selling our house in Michigan. All we need now is for the purchase to go through. I will explain later but ask that you send up a prayer of praise and a prayer that acccording to God's will the sale will go through.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #455 on: June 29, 2012, 04:20:13 PM »
This is good news, Colporteur!

colporteur

« Reply #456 on: June 29, 2012, 06:14:06 PM »
Yes a cash offer for $10,000 less than we needed came in on the last day of our appointed listing with the relator. It was our one and only offer and it needed to be a cash offer due to some new ruling involving our private road. Strangely while it was the last day that the house could be showed it was one day after we had rented it out. We had not yet signed the lease agreement but the new renter did and we agreed on the lease. It was just a matter of receiving the lease in the mail, signing it, and cashing the check. Then out of nowehre comes a cash offer but too low and after we had eccentially shook hands with the renter, so to speak. I countered the offer at $10,000 higher and said that it had to happen today or not at all because I did not know if the renter would give up the lease and I could not keep him hanging as he was on route to move in today. Then too if he even would let the lease go how much incentive $$$ would he need to do so. Acreages to rent here are hard to come by and we had over 30 calls in 2 weeks wanting to rent our house. Miracle #1- the propsective buyer accepted my counter off at $10,000 higher and without any counter offers. Now, to approach an excited young man getting ready to move into his nice rental house, and ask him to give up the lease and look elsewhere. I was not sure he would do so even with a $2000 incentive. He did so, and would not accept any $. Miracle #3 we are waiting on that being that there will not be any glitches in terms of the buyer following through. Why didn't we get the offer a few days before renting the house ? The only thing I can think of was to test my integrety and see if I would dump the renter because legally (but not ethically ) I could do so because technically I had not signed the lease yet. My attorney and the realtor were amazed that I didn't force my hand and would let the deal fall through if the renter would not let me out of the lease. It was a chance to witness. It would have been tough had I not been able to get out of the lease but I would have honored the lease on an ethical basis alone because it would have been a bad witness to do otherwise (IMO). In the end it seems to be working out with the accompanyment of a good witness.  I beleive the Lord hooked us up with that renter to begin with because He knew th kind of young many he was and that he would bosw out for us. I told the mn I am a Christian and I could not stiff him. He said he is a Catholic and could not hold me to that under the circumstances. I suspect this is another providential divine connection for us and for the wold be renter. I will send him a Great Controversy and a Desire of Ages as a thank you gift.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #457 on: June 29, 2012, 09:58:20 PM »
Praise God!  He loves you, cp!!  We will be praying for the sale and for the man who gave up his lease. Yes, when we make an agreement, we need to live by it. In this case, you were willing to. This is indeed a witness in a time when it is very hard to sell a house.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #458 on: June 29, 2012, 10:07:12 PM »
Amen! Good man, Colporteur, good man!

Vicki

« Reply #459 on: July 18, 2012, 05:55:09 AM »
I would like to ask everyone to pray for my 14 year-old daughter's situation.  She has been having fainting episodes, sometimes 20 or more a day and now can't sit up or raise her head without passing out.  She is in the hospital now and the doctors are trying to figure out what is going on.  She has had nonstop tests for the last three days.  Pray that God's name will be glorified because that is what this is all about.  Satan wants people to think that there is no God or that he doesn't care about His people.  Please pray that God's name will be glorified and that people will be drawn to Him by the revelation of His power.

LtV

How is your daughter?