Author Topic: Prayer Requests  (Read 187620 times)

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Prayer Requests
« Reply #420 on: April 09, 2012, 04:33:43 PM »
My sister-in-law died today at the age of 57. In November she presented with Stage IV lung cancer and there was nothing to be done.

Prayer request is for two of my dearest step-daughters. One left this morning from NYC to NV to spend time with her aunt. Little did she know when changing planes in the middle of the country that her beloved aunt died, so here she sits with that terrible news in the middle of one of our busiest airports in the nation. Her heart is breaking and none of us can be there to console her. The final leg of her sad journey is later tonight, so she waits. 

The other is for the youngest step-daughter. She was scheduled to visit her aunt next week. The pain of this loss is so deep, she cannot speak. We can do nothing to comfort her.

Please remember them in your prayers. These are my girls and even though I did not have the great honor of giving birth to them, my heart is convinced I did.
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #421 on: April 09, 2012, 04:53:33 PM »
The pain of this loss is so deep, she cannot speak. We can do nothing to comfort her. Please remember them in your prayers. These are my girls and even though I did not have the great honor of giving birth to them, my heart is convinced I did.

Sybil, I will be praying for these two ladies and that your influence will guide and give them comfort. When I read your post this text is what came immediately to mind.

Mat 2:18  In Rama was there a voice heard, lamentation, and weeping, and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children, and would not be comforted, because they are not.
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #422 on: April 09, 2012, 09:10:10 PM »
Your sister in law must have been a very nice lady.  We are sorry for your loss and will pray for your step-daughters.  We hope they are Christians and realize that death is only sleep.

Heavenly Father, we ask you to comfort this family that has lost a dear one. We know it was never your plan that we should see sorrow, sin, and death. We pray that we may in some way hasten the end of this terrible controversy between good and evil. We pray in the precious name of Jesus, amen.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Dorine

« Reply #423 on: April 10, 2012, 06:16:33 AM »
I feel such deep sorrow in what you have shared Sybil. So much sadness around us. My prayers are with you and the family of this young woman who passed away. Especially your two step-daughters.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Vicki

« Reply #424 on: April 15, 2012, 07:55:31 AM »
Hope you feel better soon.  If you go too long, the family will develop habits that will put you out of work!  :)

The dangers is that I will get used to being waited on!  ;)

The lump didn't go away. I put off going to the chiropractor because I was able to get around better each day. There was a Health Fair this weekend that I took son to visit. A chiropractor was there so I had to stop past that booth. The lump was my new spinal alignment.  :(  He adjusted me. The lump has greatly lessened, but I will need more treatments. I couldn't bend over and touch my toes before the adjustment - couldn't even get close. After the alignment it was easy.  :)  The pain worsened from being manipulated, but that too shall pass.

I report for jury duty selection tomorrow.  Life is full of curve balls.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #425 on: April 15, 2012, 08:49:31 AM »
I am so glad to know you can experience relief and that a full recovery is in the works!

Jury duty? I await the same thing. If selected, may God's Spirit impart us an extra measure of knowledge and discernment.

Sister Dee

« Reply #426 on: April 15, 2012, 09:26:26 AM »
I am so glad to know you can experience relief and that a full recovery is in the works!

Jury duty? I await the same thing. If selected, may God's Spirit impart us an extra measure of knowledge and discernment.

Amen!  So glad you got some help, Vicki. 

How long will both of you have jury duty? 

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #427 on: April 15, 2012, 09:46:42 AM »
First we have to be selected. After that, who knows?

Sister Dee

« Reply #428 on: April 15, 2012, 09:52:40 AM »
 :D  What I meant was, how long do you have to be available, on call, or whatever? 

Vicki

« Reply #429 on: April 15, 2012, 09:58:49 AM »
I'll find out more when I am there tomorrow. I hope I don't go have to go back, but I am leaving that up to God. He knows where he wants me. I've been praying a similar prayer to Sybil's.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #430 on: April 15, 2012, 10:00:16 AM »
:D  What I meant was, how long to you have to be available, on call, or whatever?

Typically, six months.

Marelis

« Reply #431 on: April 20, 2012, 03:35:17 AM »
This is terribly sad news for your family, Sybil.  Yes, she must have been a very special lady.  57 is relatively young. 
"Thou wilt show me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore."  Ps 16:11

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #432 on: April 20, 2012, 05:51:26 AM »
Thank you. Yes, she was and she is sorely missed. My precious step-daughters have been comforted. I thank each of you for your prayers.

This is a photo of my sister-in-law in Ephesus. It was made shortly after she received her doctorate in art history. 

Marelis

« Reply #433 on: April 20, 2012, 01:19:54 PM »
Lovely photo of a lovely lady, Sybil.  I feel for your loss.  And she had a doctorate in art history - what a fascinating and well educated lady!
"Thou wilt show me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore."  Ps 16:11

Sister Marie

• May God's Light Shine On Us All
« Reply #434 on: April 20, 2012, 07:24:43 PM »

Amen!  So glad you got some help, Vicki. 

How long will both of you have jury duty? 

The Last time I ever was called in was years ago. They selected me and then had asked me many question about what I thought about many different things. I was very honest with them and they weren't interested. It is my opinion they don't want people who are against things they are for. I hope it turned out alright for you. Blessings, Sister Glass
With Christian Love,
Marie

Sister Marie

• May God's Light Shine On Us All
« Reply #435 on: April 20, 2012, 07:35:10 PM »
My sister-in-law died today at the age of 57. In November she presented with Stage IV lung cancer and there was nothing to be done.

Prayer request is for two of my dearest step-daughters. One left this morning from NYC to NV to spend time with her aunt. Little did she know when changing planes in the middle of the country that her beloved aunt died, so here she sits with that terrible news in the middle of one of our busiest airports in the nation. Her heart is breaking and none of us can be there to console her. The final leg of her sad journey is later tonight, so she waits. 

The other is for the youngest step-daughter. She was scheduled to visit her aunt next week. The pain of this loss is so deep, she cannot speak. We can do nothing to comfort her.

Please remember them in your prayers. These are my girls and even though I did not have the great honor of giving birth to them, my heart is convinced I did.

I am so sorry to hear this Sybil. I almost started crying when I thought of them alone and no one to comfort them. Her picture was so nice and one to treasure. May the Lord bless and be with all of you. Much Love, Marie
With Christian Love,
Marie

Vicki

« Reply #436 on: April 21, 2012, 07:44:51 AM »
Jury duty - I sat in the court room until nearly 3pm waiting for my name to be called to join those being questioned. It never was. Going in, I hoped to find a reason to be excused. But, as I sat and listened to so many trying to get off the hook (which greatly drug out the ordeal) I realized it is a privilege we have in this country and I was willing to be chosen.  One woman was a Catholic and said her religion was against judging others so she could not sit in judgment against the person on trial. "know ye not that we shall judge angels? How much more the things in this life?" and "Judge righteous judgment" went through my mind. How sad so many do not understand the scriptures. It was a bit disappointing to leave. Those not chosen were dismissed before 3pm but I wanted to stay to hear the rest of the questioning. My back would not allow it. I have been resting a lot this week thinking perhaps I'll not have to go to a chiropractor. Monday is the deciding day. It is feeling a lot better, but I'm not positive things are OK.

Sybil, I really like the picture of your SIL. What a lovely adventure she got to have. I studied Art History in college & wished I had gone ahead to further my history studies to be knowledgeable enough to work in a museum but I was burned out on school. It would have been a pleasure to know her and discuss our mutual love. I hope the hearts of those who miss her are healing; it takes a long time.

LindaRS

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #437 on: April 22, 2012, 12:30:52 PM »
Sybil, I'm sure I would have enjoyed knowing your SIL because we would have had a love of art in common. I am glad to know that your step-daughters are comforted.

I have a praise to give to our God. Ed has a new job, which he got two weeks after his last week of work. But it means we much move. It will still be in the same state, but it means house hunting all over again, plus settling things here. Still need prayer that we will be able to break our lease and get our deposit back and have help with the actual loading and unloading when the time comes. Also that God will lead us to the right place to rent. I dreaded the thought of moving especially since it's been less than a year since our last move. I had to pour my heart out to God to please change my attitude and make me willing to pack and move. He is doing so.
O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. Jeremiah  10:23-24

Vicki

« Reply #438 on: April 22, 2012, 01:13:39 PM »
A job - wonderful news! I have been wondering how the interviews went. I pray the move isn't too hard on either of you, and that all the details are worked out smoothly. "Be strong and of a good courage" has been going through my mind a lot lately. I pray for strength and courage for you also.  In the earth made new we won't plant and another harvest  - those who have had to move a lot will definitely appreciate that blessing!

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #439 on: April 22, 2012, 04:09:58 PM »
YAY, Linda! I am so happy! You are not yet my age, so you are still strong enough (with God's help) to pack it up. I am praying for you, my sister, that God will send strong men to help you two!