Author Topic: Prayer Requests  (Read 187611 times)

colporteur

Re: Prayer Requests
« Reply #400 on: March 17, 2012, 07:19:56 PM »
We worshiped at the Catholic school today as planned. There were about 35-40 people including ourselves. The priest is in his late 30's and soft spoken. I invited him to stay for our meeting but he could not do so this time. My sermon was on Matthew 24 : 1-8, 11, 24. There were about 25 non SDA visitors and some are probably Catholic though attending because of SDA friends and family. After the priest showed us our room he departed giving prominently the two fingered hand signal twice. Not only my wife but my son saw this. I was not paying much attention as I was trying to pull things together preparing for the Sabbath school and sermon.
     I will try in the future to keep my eye open better and if it happens again I will ask the priest, "What does that mean?" I am curious if he does not realize what he is doing which is doubtful, whether he just considers this a traditional Catholic wave or whether he is trying to tell us something else.
     The more careful side of me considers that he is saying, you are on my turf and I am working the program." I think I will insist that before very many Sabbaths we find a place to rent or else I drop out. If my family drops out the company will most likely  break up and some will continue to attend mass. This may not be a very safe environment for the more outspoken. As we would necessarily preach some rather condemning things against the Catholic church it surely would not go over well.

Next Sabbath I intend on the sermon being about the state of the dead / spiritualism and I will tie it in with this week's sermon which included that if it were possible the very elect would be deceived. Since it is spiritualism that paves the way for the Sunday law it is a vital topic.
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #401 on: March 20, 2012, 03:12:20 AM »
It appears your presence there eclipses strange hand signals. Stay focused on the gospel and those honestly seeking Bible truth and God will guide you through this unique opportunity. You have my prayers!
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Sister Marie

• May God's Light Shine On Us All
« Reply #402 on: March 24, 2012, 08:55:00 PM »
There seems to be several two fingered signals...including one the Military does. But here are a few websites. The first one being two fingered signals Catholics do.

TWO FINGER SIGNALS Catholic's use

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sign_of_the_Cross

Others
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sign_of_the_horns

or

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V_sign

and

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V_sign#V_sign_as_an_insult

With Christian Love,
Marie

LindaRS

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #403 on: April 02, 2012, 11:40:52 AM »
Ed has just learned that he is being laid off. His employer has learned his business is many $$$ in the red and he has to downsize. Ed was last hired so is first to go. He is updating work history, and contacting people that the employer has directed him to who know of jobs in his field. Please pray that he will get another job soon and that we will continue to trust God through everything.
O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. Jeremiah  10:23-24

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #404 on: April 02, 2012, 11:45:43 AM »
Oh, Linda! Oh, how very, very upsetting this must be. Of course, both you and Ed have our prayers that a job will be speedily located and you will be able to carry on in peace. As I said in another topic, I know not of a family who is not enduring incredible trials. We know the faith both of you have in God's leading. It will carry you through.

Ever in my prayers, Sybil

Dorine

« Reply #405 on: April 02, 2012, 01:52:54 PM »
My husband and I have been through this same experience many, many times. We know the emotional turmoil it can cause. Each time God took us rock bottom and then He would open a door of blessings. He is teaching us to trust Him in all things. Our prayers are with you both. He will provide.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #406 on: April 03, 2012, 12:36:27 AM »
Amen!  Heavenly Father, we thank you for all of the blessings you continue to pour out upon, not only your church, but upon the world. We thank you for the most precious promise that all things work together for good to those that love you. We thank you that Jesus is coming soon and you He delay His coming that we all might be ready.   I ask you to draw close to Linda and Ed and to provide for their needs as Ed seeks new employment. We pray in the precious name of Jesus, amen.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Sister Dee

« Reply #407 on: April 03, 2012, 06:54:21 AM »
Amen!  I'm praying, too! 

Vicki

« Reply #408 on: April 05, 2012, 07:26:30 AM »
I am praying, too. Remember it all works together for good to those who love the Lord.

I was moving cases of canned foods a few days ago and twinged my back. Ice & rest. I'm feeling a bit helpless but trusting that this too will work towards good.

Sister Dee

« Reply #409 on: April 05, 2012, 07:55:45 AM »
Ouch!  :(  I'll be keeping that in prayer, too, Vicki. 

Vicki

« Reply #410 on: April 05, 2012, 01:33:01 PM »
I have an 11 yo bedside/chair-side butler who's life's goal has become making things as bearable as he can.  :) Thank you for your prayers.  :-*

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #411 on: April 05, 2012, 02:50:27 PM »
We are so happy! Hope you are feeling better and that son continues his graciousness! :D

Dorine

« Reply #412 on: April 06, 2012, 06:23:03 AM »
I have an 11 yo bedside/chair-side butler who's life's goal has become making things as bearable as he can.  :) Thank you for your prayers.  :-*

You are blessed. What comfort. :)
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Vicki

« Reply #413 on: April 06, 2012, 06:56:10 AM »
Indeed!  :)

Marelis

« Reply #414 on: April 06, 2012, 02:06:20 PM »
How is your back now, Vicki?  Acute back pain is pretty awful.  Hope you're heaps better now.
"Thou wilt show me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore."  Ps 16:11

LindaRS

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #415 on: April 06, 2012, 05:37:29 PM »
Thank you all for your prayers. Ed has one interview scheduled for next week, and could be setting up a second. We are just praying that God will make His will clear.
O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. Jeremiah  10:23-24

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #416 on: April 06, 2012, 06:30:04 PM »
This is encouraging! You continue in our prayers.

Vicki

« Reply #417 on: April 06, 2012, 07:01:19 PM »
An interview in this economy is indeed encouraging! I know God has plans for you two, and I will continue praying.

Vicki

« Reply #418 on: April 06, 2012, 07:16:42 PM »
How is your back now, Vicki?  Acute back pain is pretty awful.  Hope you're heaps better now.

This is the 3rd day & I am getting around better but still can't do much but move from one reclining spot to another. The family had to clean the house for me today - it looks nice!  :) I took the opportunity to sit and direct in the moving of furniture.  ;D  A woman can't be too bad off if she can decorate.  ;)

I have a horrible lump on my back, but it's many inches above where I felt the twinge. I think it's muscle strain from the past 2 days of trying to hold myself erect when I walk? If it's not well improved by Monday I'll head to the Dr, but I think things will be fine. Thank you for asking.  Happy Sabbath.  :)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #419 on: April 06, 2012, 09:51:18 PM »
Steam packs (fomentations) may help.  I have had back problems after getting hit from behind by another car.  It is difficult. When I feel a little tinge of tightness, I get a massage quickly. It seems to have headed off the larger muscle contractions.  Sometimes the heat will work. The moist heat gets down deep into the muscle tissue.  Hope you feel better soon.  If you go too long, the family will develop habits that will put you out of work!  :)
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.