Author Topic: Prayer Requests  (Read 187680 times)

Tim2

Re: Prayer Requests
« Reply #360 on: July 31, 2010, 03:08:56 AM »
Oh my, I'm so sorry!..... I will pray for our dear sisters vision, also Richard.  She is very much loved and appreciated!

Tim2

« Reply #361 on: August 18, 2010, 12:25:46 PM »
Richard, is there an update on your wife's eyesight?  I'm praying for her; she's one of my favorite people.

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #362 on: August 18, 2010, 02:06:14 PM »
Thank you, Tim. She has a doctor's appointment later this month. Hopefully we will know more by then.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #363 on: August 13, 2011, 07:03:06 PM »
A prayer request for the Edmonds family, Randy, in particular. Randy is the beloved brother of Helen Edmonds, a long-time musician to the churches in our region. Helen died suddenly this week. She had a history of heart disease and thyroid cancer, both of which caused her to endure many surgeries and extensive treatments. She had been doing very well for the past several years, visiting our congregation only three weeks ago, seemingly in good health, and always wearing an exceedingly positive attitude.  We have not been told how she died. We are grief stricken. How we will miss the musical talent God laid upon that woman, through voice, piano and organ. But more than that, we will miss her sweet influence of how one is to act in the midst of great trials. She never wavered because she knew Who held her up every minute of the day.

Randy especially needs our prayer for comfort. He and Helen had a younger sister who died just a few years ago. It is a most trying time for this dear man and those who love Helen.     

For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Sister Marie

• May God's Light Shine On Us All
« Reply #364 on: August 14, 2011, 11:58:05 AM »
It is so sad to see one so loved die. But soon she will meet her Lord and it will all be worth it all then.

We have a grieving family here also. A member who is a policeman lost his daughter only 17. She took
her own life. One asks why when they have everything a child that age would want. But her mother is
a J.W. and father a SDA. The funeral had at least 400 there but there appeared to us that there was
no hope in it. Jesus was not mentioned until at the gravesite. A child suffering from depression, a child
not knowing what to believe yet having so much. The family name is Burrnett. Please keep them in your
prayers.
With Christian Love,
Marie

Marelis

« Reply #365 on: August 20, 2011, 02:54:49 PM »
Forgive me for not having read this thread for a while.  So many families and individuals hurting deeply and deserving of our time and thoughts in prayer.  Br Meyers, I hope and pray for the very best for your dear wife's vision.  It is precious to all of us, but especially an artist. 
"Thou wilt show me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore."  Ps 16:11

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #366 on: August 20, 2011, 07:35:54 PM »
Thank you, Marelis.  After a period of prayer and kale and carrot juice, her eyes miraculously improved. It was most amazing to us and the doctor. He said she healed herself, but we know that God did it. We have all the tests to show how bad things were. It was not a misdiagnosis. It was real and now it is gone.  We are very thankful for the prayers and for God's mercy.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

colporteur

« Reply #367 on: October 08, 2011, 04:28:33 PM »
Traveling mercies as we will be driving 800 miles (loaded heavy) in the next couple of days and then back again. We will be moving to another state and are house hunting.

Thank you.
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #368 on: October 08, 2011, 06:13:53 PM »
We will be praying for the safety of you and your family, cp. We take nothing for granted and driving on the highway is always risky, especially when carrying excess weight.  I hauled a trailer a few weeks back that was heavy and would not track very well. It was a long hard drive day and night.

Heavenly Father, be with cp and his family as they move. Keep them safe and help them to find a new home that will be a blessing as they worship and labor for you, we pray in the precious name of Jesus, amen.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #369 on: October 08, 2011, 06:45:48 PM »
Amen! We will certainly pray the angels go before you, Colporteur.

Sister Dee

« Reply #370 on: October 09, 2011, 07:45:10 AM »
Amen! 

colporteur

« Reply #371 on: October 11, 2011, 02:27:22 PM »
Thank you for your prayers. We were loaded down with about 2000 lbs, in our vehicle and it was handling as though driving on jelly rolls. I put another 10 lbs. of air in each tire and it went much better. We arrived safely. Now our concern is there seems to be no housing available within an hour's drive to work accept for housing in the city of 150,000. We have a few weeks to find a place but rentals are snaqpped up about as soon a they come up. We are not wanting to buy as we lost alot of $$ selling our last house  in drepressed Michigan and we are not convinced that the housing market is through dropping. It used to be that owning and taking good care of a house was an accet. In most areas of the country owning a house is now a liability and often the value of the house drops with each passing year. Where we are moving is very agricultural so the economy is still pretty good. Farm land sells for up to $8000 per acre even in farms of 80 acres or more. I am convinced that all areas of the US will be very depressed in the near future and who knows how much the value of a home may drop ? People have always said that renting is throwing your money away but you can throw away just as much or more right now owning and you carry a debt load as well.

ejclark

« Reply #372 on: October 11, 2011, 03:34:54 PM »
I'm with you on the issue of renting vs owning.  Gotta stay mobile in case the Lord calls you somewhere in a hurry.  That's part of making yourself available to work for Him.

Will be praying ample accommodations will become available to your family.

Wally

• Senior Moderator
  • Romans 8:35, 38, 39
« Reply #373 on: October 11, 2011, 05:22:28 PM »
Well, I don't envy you, cp.  The last time we moved was 25 years ago and that was quite an undertaking.  Wouldn't want to do it again.  May the Lord bless you in this new adventure.  I'll be praying for you that the Lord will provide housing for your family soon.  Living in the car isn't so bad in the summer, but . . . .  ;)
So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants:  we have done that which was our duty to do.  Luke 17:10

LindaRS

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #374 on: October 12, 2011, 05:44:42 AM »
Having just moved, I can say from experience that God will find you a place. I'll be keeping your need in prayer.
O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. Jeremiah  10:23-24

colporteur

« Reply #375 on: October 12, 2011, 02:09:00 PM »
Thank you for your prayers. We are getting weary already of looking. We didn't realize there would be this housing issue. So much of the country has housing sitting empty but not here. A place to live within driving range of the city but outside the city is not an easy matter these days.

There are houses for rent and buy inside the city but who wants to live in Sodom and with children?

Naja

« Reply #376 on: October 19, 2011, 04:19:03 AM »
 :)I have a request for prayer as I am seeing my dr today about a lump under my arm.  I am a 3yr cancer survivor, but I have Sjogren's Syndrome which makes me suseptable to lymphoma.  What I really need is the Lord's peace...I have surrendered all that I am and all that I have to Him, and I know He is in control.

I am bipolar and have anxiety issues, so this isn't helping them either.  But God's way is to be my way, and I look to Him for support and care.

Thanks so much,

Naja
🐼

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #377 on: October 19, 2011, 04:24:37 AM »
Dear Sister, you are in my prayers! God will never place upon you more than you can bear. Let us pray a big prayer on this one as there are multiple issues.

Psalm 103:1-5  Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name.
Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:
Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;
Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies;
Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's.

What I really need is the Lord's peace...I have surrendered all that I am and all that I have to Him, and I know He is in control.

You are exactly where you need to be. You can do no more than this. He will be with you.

Eternal Father, we present before You our dear sister, Naja. You know her physical and mental conditions better than all her earthly physicians. We ask for her healing if it be to Your glory. We have pleaded for her children and now, we plead for her physical and mental restoration. Naja has given You her all. If it be in Your plan for her life, touch her with Your healing hand. Give her the power of Your grace to walk through this unsettling experience so that she may have Your perfect peace. Thank you for Your Son, Jesus. Help all of us to endure all trials as He did. Forgive us, Heavenly Father, wherein we have failed you. You know our frame, you know our motives. Help us in this great time of need. In the Name of the King of heaven, Amen!   

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #378 on: October 19, 2011, 06:50:57 AM »
Amen!!

Vicki

« Reply #379 on: October 19, 2011, 06:54:13 AM »
Amen. Continue trusting in God Naja, He will never fail you. Therein is peace amidst the storms of life.