Author Topic: Prayer Requests  (Read 187647 times)

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
Re: Prayer Requests
« Reply #500 on: January 27, 2015, 09:36:33 AM »
It's interesting that this has happened because of not listening. I had to have a 2nd back surgery because I was feeling so good after the first one; then I broke a "few" of the little rules and ruptured my disk once again. Only the second one left me very limited in what I can do with hardly a day without pain. It's hard to watch a pet suffer so I will be praying for her recovery according to God's will.

Thanks Dorine,  the lessons I've learned over this the hard way go much farther than my dog's pain. I do appreciate your sympathy.
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #501 on: January 27, 2015, 10:01:42 AM »
We all suffer from the same dullness of mind. After 6,000 years of sin, we suffer greatly. But, God is not only Good, but sympathetic and understanding of our condition. Jesus suffered in like manner coming into this world with a human nature degraded by his earthly ancestors. It is true He was God in the flesh, and sinless, but He was tempted at a much higher level than we shall ever be. So, He understands our situation and is our Helper in all of our needs. He loves us and cares for us. He is ever drawing us to Himself and desirous that we should learn the lessons that cause us to depend upon Him.

Both of you are turning to God for help and doing as He has told us, to value prayer as an answer to all of our difficulties in life. That we all should be so quick to do so is my prayer as well as praying for your dog, Jim, and your back, Dear Dorine. We are learning to depend upon Jesus, to turn to Him.

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Sister Marie

• May God's Light Shine On Us All
« Reply #502 on: February 14, 2015, 10:17:03 AM »
Please pray for me. I have been sick for over two weeks now. Dr. says it is bronchitis. Thank you very much.
 :) Marie
With Christian Love,
Marie

Plain Adventist

• In Search of Primitive Godliness
« Reply #503 on: February 14, 2015, 10:27:52 AM »
Dear Marie,

I'll be praying for you. I am sorry that you have been sick. Hopefully you will feel better soon.

Amy
Amy Pavlovik ~~ “The strength and spirituality of the people of God are manifest by the distinctness of the line of demarcation which separates them from the world.” SW 17

Dorine

« Reply #504 on: February 14, 2015, 11:54:23 AM »
Please pray for me. I have been sick for over two weeks now. Dr. says it is bronchitis. Thank you very much.
 :) Marie

There is a lot of sickness in our area this winter. So many suffering from one thing or another. I will be praying for you Marie that this will soon pass. Also that your trust in God will stay strong. I've been suffering with much pain this winter and have not been on RO much at all but I'm glad I checked today to find your request. The old devil is hard at work to break us down but he has no idea what he's up against when we are connected to God. Well maybe he does and that is why he beats on us so hard.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Dorine

« Reply #505 on: February 14, 2015, 11:56:42 AM »
Jim how is your dog? I'm an amimal lover and hate to hear of any of them suffering.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #506 on: February 14, 2015, 11:59:14 AM »
Oh, Marie, I hope you are quickly better! Bronchitis can be so painful! And sweet Dorine. You, too, have our prayers.
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Sister Marie

• May God's Light Shine On Us All
« Reply #507 on: February 14, 2015, 01:36:38 PM »
Thank you. I can use your prayers. It seems these last years when I do get sick it just hangs on forever. The tubes that go from the ears to the throat don't work on me and the fluid gets caught up there behind the ear drums. I've had tubes put in three times now so it can drain. I am hoping it is not filling up again.
Amy, I too have been experiencing more pain this year in certain places. I don't know what it is, but I'm not enjoying it a bit. I hope everyone else here is doing well. :)
With Christian Love,
Marie

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #508 on: February 14, 2015, 02:42:27 PM »
Being sick is not fun.  But, it makes you remember to be thankful when you are not sick!   Soon it will be over and there will be no move sickness, tears, or death.  We will pray for you, Marie and Dorine.

How is Eric doing, Dorine?
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Dorine

« Reply #509 on: February 14, 2015, 04:29:21 PM »
Eric is enjoying good health thank you Richard. He has side affects from his surgery but he is learning to live with that. He feels very blessed.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #510 on: February 14, 2015, 04:35:42 PM »
That is indeed an answer to our prayers! God loves us!

Vicki

« Reply #511 on: March 31, 2015, 12:07:23 PM »
Our 14 year old son is in need of prayers. He woke up in pain last week and we ended up in ER with the prospect of surgery looming over him. That was ruled out. He has developed other complications. We are waiting for a phone call from someone with a medical background at Weimar to help us decide the next step.

I know God is in control and have complete faith in Him. I also know there is power in prayer.

Thank you for adding your prayers to ours.

Dorine

« Reply #512 on: March 31, 2015, 03:03:30 PM »
I will certainly be praying for your young son. A parent hates to see their child suffering and it's even worse when you don't know what the cause is. Keep us posted.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #513 on: March 31, 2015, 07:58:36 PM »
Heavenly Father, we join with Vicki and her family in asking for your help in the illness of her son. By faith they know that you are in control and that all things work together for good to all who love you and keep your commandments. Give this family wisdom to know what to  do and grace to do it. Lead them to any who may be able to give medical advice. We pray this in the  precious name of Jesus, amen.

Vicki

« Reply #514 on: April 01, 2015, 08:34:41 PM »
Thank you for your prayers. Our son avoided another trip to the ER yesterday, and was much better today. Still a few concerns about things that will hopefully work out over the next few days. We are blessed.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #515 on: April 01, 2015, 08:56:28 PM »
And we are blest to learn this, Vicki! Thank you, Lord Jesus!
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #516 on: April 02, 2015, 12:30:12 PM »
Amen!

Dorine

« Reply #517 on: April 02, 2015, 02:12:35 PM »
What happy news Vicki. Thank you for letting us know. My prayers will continue on his behalf.

Vicki

« Reply #518 on: April 02, 2015, 02:37:27 PM »
Thank you so much, Dorine. This morning there was a bit of a set back, but after rest he's recovered from it and is even a bit better this afternoon than he was yesterday.

Dorine

« Reply #519 on: April 02, 2015, 02:53:39 PM »
 :)