Author Topic: Prayer Requests  (Read 187717 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Prayer Requests
« Reply #460 on: January 31, 2014, 10:06:37 AM »
On November 22, 82-year-old Dr. Agatha Thrash, co-founder of Uchee Pines Institute, suffered a stroke while lecturing at the Lifestyle Center on campus. Since then Dr. Thrash is gaining strength and seems to be improving daily, but is still unable to converse much. She says short sentences and shows that she has the information she needs to communicate but is not able to do so verbally. Dr. Wynn Horsley, our Medical Director states: “The stroke of Dr. Agatha Thrash is not caused by the build-up of cholesterol and saturated fat that causes most strokes. In contrast, this stroke was caused by a rhythm problem, which changes blood flow and often leads to blood clot formation. Later break-up of the clot can lead to a piece of the clot flowing in an artery to the brain where it will cause blockage of blood flow, i.e., a stroke looking like other strokes, though the cause is quite different. There is no single clear cause of this rhythm problem.” Dr. Thrash has been successfully battling this heart rhythm problem with lifestyle and herbal remedies for many years. We appreciate your continued prayers on her behalf.

January 6, 2014, by Ann Thrash-Trumbo, daughter of Agatha Thrash, M.D.

Thank you for your continued prayers for my mom. She’s doing amazingly well — doing most of her personal care, and walking around, even in the woods, really well. She uses her hiking sticks when she’s outside, which adds stability and reassurance. She’s still not taking well, although she’s made a lot of progress from where she was at the beginning of this journey. We’re now trying to find good help for her for the long-term. Knowing that so many people are praying for her has been a huge comfort and blessing to us — a great concert of prayer!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

colporteur

« Reply #461 on: January 31, 2014, 02:47:48 PM »
Dr. Thrash is a giant in the church. She is so humble and would not even flinch when giving strait but tactful testimony regarding health. She also has a bit of delightful dry humor. I remember speaking  with her one time. I said that the number one cause of death on one of the islands was from coconuts. When I said it was from getting hit on the head by falling coconuts she looked at my wife with a grin and chuckle and said, " where did you did him?" I was presenting a truthful fact yet kind of tongue. Her reaction was so funny.
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #462 on: January 31, 2014, 06:30:58 PM »
Yes, she has been the greatest blessing I have received through the human channel in the church. She and her husband have done a great work in the church and the world. We need to pray for her and Uchee Pines.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Dorine

« Reply #463 on: February 01, 2014, 04:40:26 AM »
Because of advice from her husband I was spared a second surgery. I have never met them but they have been a blessing to us also.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #464 on: February 01, 2014, 01:13:27 PM »
He was a member here.  We ran this  article 14 years ago. Dr. Calvin Thrash  He and Dr. Agatha were (she stills is) true medical missionaries.

Dorine

« Reply #465 on: July 04, 2014, 05:40:20 PM »
Please pray for Nova Scotia tonight and tomorrow. Hurricane Arthur is headed right for us. Tomorrow is communion Sabbath and the devil would love to see church cancelled or at least keep most everyone home. Thank you.
But this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press  toward the mark. Phil. 3:13,14

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #466 on: July 04, 2014, 06:03:06 PM »
Oh, dear. I was afraid of that! Know that we will, Dorine.
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Dorine

« Reply #467 on: July 05, 2014, 12:18:01 PM »
Prayers have been answered!

It was wild when we left for church but we had done everything we could to prepare so we felt at peace leaving everything in Gods hands. About 23 people showed up. The winds howled and windows shook but the blessings inside were numberless. The head elder had the communion service. It was simple but very meaningful. He took us through several scripture texts reminding us of why we celebrate this service and the attitude in which we should participate.  The storm was not suppose to hit in full force until between 1 and 3 p.m. At about 11:45 a.m. as we sat in the comfort and protection of Gods house we were amazed to see the sun come out in all it's splendor. It changed from dark rolling clouds to white fluffly ones and large patches of blue sky. It was thrilling to watch. None of us were in a hurry to leave. The gusts are still high but very little rain.

When we arrived home I inspected my garden. No serious damage done. Trellis's were knocked down but plants were not broken. Twigs on the ground with lots of leaves that were torn off by the wind but that's it. We are so blessed.  :)   Thank you for your prayers.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #468 on: July 05, 2014, 03:28:53 PM »
Praise the Lord, Dorine!

Dorine

« Reply #469 on: July 06, 2014, 01:37:35 PM »
 :)

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #470 on: July 06, 2014, 04:08:57 PM »
God allows trials that we might see His hand at work for His children! We are thankful for you dear Sister Dorine.

Cop

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #471 on: August 23, 2014, 07:45:44 AM »
We ask for the prayers of the Brethren. Due to the drought and more people moving into our area and putting in more wells, the water table has dropped and our well has gone dry. Please call upon the LORD to reveal to us His way and means to dig a new well. We praise and thank Him for this test of our faith and trust in Him!
My religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me....That is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave."
— Stonewall Jackson

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #472 on: August 23, 2014, 08:06:13 AM »
Heavenly Father, we see that this earth is waxing old, and humanity is just as Scripture states it would be just prior to the second coming of our Lord, as it was at the time of Noah. We long to go home and be with you. But, you have us here for a reason. Our Brother Cop understands and accepts that position and is now in need of water. Such a basic need. We know that you are in absolute control of the sun and the rain. Our brother understands that you have allowed this situation and it is for his good and your glory as he by faith rests in your love . Reveal your presence in a way that will draw many to you and bless your servant and our fellow brother, we pray in the precious name of Jesus, amen.

Dorine

« Reply #473 on: August 23, 2014, 10:52:49 AM »
We are praying for you COP. That is a serious situation but not one that God does not know about. He has a solution and we will continue to pray that He will provide for your needs at this time.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #474 on: August 23, 2014, 12:12:44 PM »
Amen.

Cop

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #475 on: August 23, 2014, 02:49:16 PM »
I know that he has promised that He will provide all that we need and He does. I know that this is a test He has given us, a test of our faith and a preparation for what is to come. I love Him and thank Him for all that we receive of Him. May He come soon.

Thank you all for your prayers and may God Bless you all.
My religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me....That is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave."
— Stonewall Jackson

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #476 on: August 30, 2014, 06:32:33 PM »
Cop - How's the water situation?

Cop

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #477 on: August 31, 2014, 08:06:12 AM »
We are still hauling water from neighbors and still attempting to get financing to dig a new well. Boy,the price to punch in a new well has certainly gone up! It has really been an eye-opener to us as we have learned how much water we normally waste and how little we really need each day. Maybe that is the lesson the Lord wants us to learn.

This all is according to His will and for His glory. Thank y'all again for your prayers.
— Stonewall Jackson

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #478 on: August 31, 2014, 08:34:46 AM »
We are still praying, dear brother.  My in-laws haul water. Their well went dry five years ago when the state was realigning the hwy and blasting.  What is your soil like? How deep is your present well?

Cop

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #479 on: August 31, 2014, 08:49:42 AM »
Thanks again, my brother. Our soil is sandy and easy to dig in. Most residential wells in this part of Texas aren't very deep. Ours' is only 115 ft. and is a 2 in. diameter well. We have an air lift system to bring the water up. All the well service companies are telling me that we need to punch down another 100 ft., go to a 4 in. well, and switch to a jet pump to ensure that we have enough water.

— Stonewall Jackson