Author Topic: Prayer Requests  (Read 187723 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Prayer Requests
« Reply #320 on: November 25, 2009, 05:19:33 PM »
Amen!!! Thank you, dear Lord! You are so very GOOD!  As unworthy as we are!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #321 on: November 25, 2009, 07:24:23 PM »
Amen! What blessings!
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Vicki

« Reply #322 on: December 01, 2009, 09:04:27 AM »
God has answered our prayers for a job for husband. But it is night shift. He's worked for this company before on day shift, but only night positions are available. We're thankful for the work, but also see the problems that night shift can cause with sleep disturbance, meals & and time with family on days off, and being able to go to church - his shift is 6pm to 4:30am.

An update:

He's been working for a major national shipping warehouse which you would all recognize if I posted the name. Comparisons of last years overtime to this year being sent home early nearly every night reveals how poorly the economy is really doing. The company keeps hiring new people for an expected Christmas boom, but it just isn't happening.

We are working on being thankful in all things:

1. He still hasn't been paid for his 1st day of work from over 1 month ago even though he's filled out the paperwork for it twice.

2. His 2nd paycheck had the wrong hours of work so he is due money from that, too.  It's all on a computer log-in service so difficult to fight, but the times they show him working are way off from his schedule so that is in his favor.

3. They have computers keeping track of production & let everyone know their numbers - have to keep them up or you'll be replaced. Most nights his production levels show well above expectations. A few times they have showed way low which he says is impossible. Seasoned employees say they often have computer mess-ups. Last night he was told he's way low, yet the slower guy beside him was way high - he can be let go for this.

4. He was called into the office to talk about how his disability may be affecting his work - he has no disability.

On a better note, they are looking for coaches for the new hires. Husband asked to be a coach. It may guarantee him a 40 hour work week - something he hasn't even been close to working this season. Those who actually now of his work instead of what the computer says think he would make an excellent coach, and commend him for the patience he has displayed on the job.

My heart hurts for the trials he's been experiencing there. But, I know there are lessons to be learned in it all, and a God to glorify through it. With the shortened work schedules there are not many break times to talk to people about spiritual matters. He has left a few books in the free paperback book area.

Thank you all for your prayers.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #323 on: December 01, 2009, 10:07:44 AM »
What an update, dear sister! God can work these things through when they appear impossible to us. It reminds me of the Narrow Way vision: eyes ahead as the road gets more narrow. Drop the baggage, it encumbers, shoes off as the road cannot be trod with them, when finally the green cord is the only Thing left to hold on to, yet that little green cord is the key: faith. We pray with you for increased faith that can bring peace in the middle of this storm. We can never have too much faith.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #324 on: December 01, 2009, 12:05:52 PM »
Computers can be a real problem. I try not to do any online buying or work of any kind. I like to deal with people, not machines. It is getting hard. These companies want so much to go to computers and do away with people. :(

We will keep your husband in our prayers, dear sister. God is in control.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Vicki

« Reply #325 on: December 01, 2009, 01:23:48 PM »
Well, Richard, you are evidently the problem. Buy something over the internet!  ;D

Sybil, I think of that vision often, and realize we can't grow in faith without experiencing trials. The trials will get worse so the cord can grow stronger.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #326 on: December 01, 2009, 02:26:32 PM »
Trials, tribulations. Jim added to the topic "Glory in our tribulations" the other day and I had to respond. It is an excruciating thing to do initially and even several times over until we understand the reason for them. Refinement. Then, as my brother John used to do, throwing his head up to heaven saying, "Lord, you know what You are doing. How are You going to handle this one?" He could finally glory in his tribulation knowing the One who holds his hand during it. Jesus will not burn us up during the refinement yet it may feel like it. We may cry, break down, squirm and moan until we are hoarse, yet it is for our good. When we can thoroughly understand that in the deepest recesses of our hearts, then we can glory through the pain. Our faith will be increased as we see His Almighty Hand deliver us in better spiritual condition than before the trial.

As Job said: "Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him."   

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #327 on: December 05, 2009, 06:03:02 AM »
"Blessed are they that mourn: for they
 shall be comforted."
Matthew 5:4.

The mourning here brought to view is true heart sorrow for sin. Jesus says, "I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto Me." John 12:32. And as one is drawn to behold Jesus uplifted on the cross, he discerns the sinfulness of humanity. He sees that it is sin which scourged and crucified the Lord of glory. He sees that, while he has been loved with unspeakable tenderness, his life has been a continual scene of ingratitude and rebellion. He has forsaken his best Friend and abused heaven's most precious
gift. He has crucified to himself the Son of God afresh and pierced anew that bleeding and stricken heart. He is separated from God by a gulf of sin that is broad and black and deep, and he mourns in brokenness of heart.  {MB 9.2} 

Such mourning "shall be comforted." God reveals to us our guilt that we may flee to Christ, and through Him be set free from the bondage of sin, and rejoice in the liberty of the sons of God. In true contrition we may come to the foot of the cross, and there leave our burdens.  {MB 10.1}

The Saviour's words have a message of comfort to those also who are suffering affliction or bereavement. Our sorrows do not spring out of the ground. God "doth not afflict willingly nor grieve the children of men." Lamentations 3:33. When He permits trials and afflictions, it is "for our profit, that we might be partakers of His holiness." Hebrews 12:10. If received in faith, the trial that seems so bitter and hard to bear will prove a blessing. The cruel blow that blights the joys of earth will be the means of turning our eyes to heaven. How many there are who would never have known Jesus had not sorrow led them to seek comfort in Him!  {MB 10.2} 

The trials of life are God's workmen, to remove the impurities and roughness from our character. Their hewing, squaring, and chiseling, their burnishing and polishing, is a painful process; it is hard to be pressed down to the grinding wheel. But the stone is brought forth prepared to fill its place in the heavenly temple. Upon no useless material does the Master bestow such careful, thorough work. Only His precious stones are polished after the similitude of a palace.
 {MB 10.3} 
     The Lord will work for all who put their trust in Him. Precious victories will be gained by the faithful. Precious lessons will be learned. Precious experiences will be realized.  {MB 11.1} 

Our heavenly Father is never unmindful of those whom sorrow has touched. When David went up the Mount Olivet, "and wept as he went up, and had his head covered, and he went barefoot" (2 Samuel 15:30), the Lord was looking pityingly upon him. David was clothed in sackcloth, and his conscience was scourging him. The outward signs of humiliation testified of his contrition. In tearful, heartbroken utterances he presented his case to God, and the Lord did not forsake His servant. Never was David dearer to the heart of Infinite Love than when, conscience-smitten, he fled for his life from his enemies, who had been stirred to rebellion by his own son. The Lord says, "As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent." Revelation 3:19. Christ lifts up the contrite heart and refines the mourning soul until it becomes His abode.  {MB 11.2} 

But when tribulation comes upon us, how many of us are like Jacob! We think it the hand of an enemy; and in the darkness we wrestle blindly until our strength is spent, and we find no comfort or deliverance. To Jacob the divine touch at break of day revealed the One with whom he had been contending--the Angel of the covenant; and, weeping and helpless, he fell upon the breast of Infinite Love, to receive the blessing for which his soul longed. We also need to learn that trials mean benefit, and not to despise the chastening of the Lord nor faint when we are rebuked of Him.
 {MB 11.3}
     "Happy is the man whom God correcteth: . . . He maketh sore, and bindeth up: He woundeth, and His hands make whole. He shall deliver thee in six troubles: yea, in seven there shall no evil touch thee." Job 5:17-19. To every stricken one, Jesus comes with the ministry of healing. The life of bereavement, pain, and suffering may be brightened by precious revealings of His presence.  {MB 12.1}

God would not have us remain pressed down by dumb sorrow, with sore and breaking hearts. He would have us look up and behold His dear face of love. The blessed Saviour stands by many whose eyes are so blinded by tears that they do not discern Him. He longs to clasp our hands, to have us look to Him in simple faith, permitting Him to guide us. His heart is open to our griefs, our sorrows, and our trials. He has loved us with an everlasting love and with loving-kindness compassed us about. We may keep the heart stayed upon Him and meditate upon His loving-kindness all the day. He will lift the soul above the daily sorrow and perplexity, into a realm of peace.  {MB 12.2}

Think of this, children of suffering and sorrow, and rejoice in hope. "This is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith." 1 John 5:4.  {MB 12.3} 

Vicki

« Reply #328 on: December 05, 2009, 07:01:10 AM »
It has been a comfort to know why we receive trials. I know we wouldn't have handled it nearly so well without knowledge of a loving Saviour.

Friday husband was finally given a long overdue check. The budget is still tight, but we were finally able to pay all the past due notices that we have been juggling for 2 months. Even though we know the trials are approved by God for our good, it is a relief to have the bills paid. I hope if the day comes where He sees fit that we cannot make the payments we will still be able to glory in His goodness.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #329 on: December 05, 2009, 07:08:12 AM »
The love of God has been shed abroad by your testimony, dear sister! We praise God for His care for you and your experience that is a light in a dark world. Jesus is coming soon to take us to a better place. But, then after awhile, we will return to this earth.....made new!  :) Have a blessed Sabbath with your dear family. Tell your husband we miss him, but we understand.

Vicki

« Reply #330 on: December 24, 2009, 09:29:29 PM »
God has answered our prayers for a job for husband. But it is night shift. ... Please join us in prayer that day shift will be available

Thank you all for your prayers. They are no longer needed. He was laid off. I am not worried in the slightest. I know God will take care of us. He has gotten us through tight spots before & I have no doubt He can & will again. We've had some beautiful answers to prayers this week.

God bless, and have a Merry Christmas.  :)

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #331 on: December 24, 2009, 09:41:21 PM »
Faith like a photograph is developed in the dark. I am seeing many of our people go through great trials. All around me are more than I have ever seen. Big trials. Jesus is coming soon and is preparing us for the days ahead.

We will be praying for you in our family worship, dear sister. All things work together for good to those who love the Lord. He will turn this to good for your family.

We never know what others are going through. Even those here with us can be going through great tribulation and we may not know it. For this reason, we need to be very careful that we are listening to that still small voice that we may be an encouragement to each other. Soon it will all be over and then we will not remember these great trials. They are so little compared to what God has in store for us. Let us praise His name with the assurance our dear sister has that God will take care of us. He will provide for our needs as we abide in Him.

Let us turn our thoughts to Jesus and look for ways we can help others. And tomorrow we are at liberty to talk about the incarnation of Christ, what it means and why it was that He came to this earth a helpless babe. What a story!!

Vicki

« Reply #332 on: December 24, 2009, 10:13:20 PM »
Knowing that so many others have much bigger trials than we are facing, I wasn't going to post anything. Then I remembered asking for prayer about day shift and I couldn't leave that hanging knowing there might be someone out there still praying.

Some answered prayers:

Yesterday things weren't going as I had planned & I was in danger of letting it affect my attitude. As I went out to carry in firewood the cat came running to the door meowing his displeasure concerning food. There was plenty of food there, but it was on the deck, not in his bowl. As I hurriedly walked passed I told him he had nothing to complain about. Those words were shot right back to me, "You have nothing to complain about." So true. I wanted things served to me my way on a silver platter the same as the cat. God is good to point the danger of our thoughts out to us so they may be corrected.

And today, oh, what a heavy heart we all had. Son's been needing a winter coat something fierce. After setting aside Tithe & Offering & paying bills we had a little left & finally found him one we could afford. In the parking lot there was a distraction and we drove away with the brand new coat left in the shopping cart. Unbelievable!! An hour later we called the store & they looked in Lost & Found then searched the parking lot for us - no coat. Husband & son returned to look and the coat was waiting in Lost & Found. The chances of an honest person finding the coat must be oh so small these days...yet it happened. God was watching out for us. What a time of rejoicing we experienced. Now I know how that woman who lost a coin felt when she called the neighbors to rejoice with her!  :D

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #333 on: December 25, 2009, 03:02:55 AM »
Oh, Vicki ... Amen! and amen.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #334 on: December 25, 2009, 06:05:24 AM »
The lost coat was a great trial, but we continue to see that God turns these trials into good for us.
The "lost coin" was found and thus the care our heavenly Father has for us is clearly seen. It is sad, but we humans need to continually be reminded of God's love and care for us. It seems the best way is to be suffering and to go to God for relief. Remember the lesson given by and through the Apostle Paul? He was given a thorn in his side that he would be dependent upon the Lord. That thorn was no little thing, it was his very poor eyesight. Not only was he dependent upon God, but it was a continual reminder of what he was before Jesus rescued him. He was blinded by the glory of Christ on the road to Damascus. Up until that time he was murdering innocent disciples of Christ beginning with Stephen.

It helps us to remember the pit from which we have been digged and what keeps us from returning to that pit. Rather than waiting for trials to come, we may want to spend that thoughtful hour a day contemplating the life of Christ. This is a better way to be humbled. And humbled we shall be, when we compare our lives to the perfect life of Christ.

The mind of Christ may be in us. When it is, God is well able to point out that the cat is an object lesson given for our benefit.  :)  The cat was happy when it found out that it had food. It did not come in the way it expected it. And is that not the same with our dear sister. She was not expecting her needs to come on a silver platter, she was just in need and concerned about where to find the necessities. These concerns are justly ours. When tempted to complain, Jesus lifts us above our temptations. Some times he uses a cat.  :)  God is blessing you, dear Sister Vicki and through you, your little family. We thank Jesus for hearing our prayers.

Kelsy

• Member at Rest
« Reply #335 on: December 25, 2009, 04:24:30 PM »

Vickie

We learn from the experience of others, so that when we find ourselves in similar circumstances; we may remember those of our brothers and sisters and how God sustained their faith. Do not hesitate to share, it may be the means of giving encouragement to others.

Vicki

« Reply #336 on: December 25, 2009, 04:43:52 PM »
Thank you, Kelsey.  :)

Sister Dee

« Reply #337 on: February 17, 2010, 12:22:13 PM »
I just talked with my second son.  He is the one that had a liver transplant as a baby.  Since moving out, he has not been good about keeping up with doctor appointments and getting his labwork done.  Until yesterday he had not had any labwork done since August. His transplant center had moved him from going every month to every two months in spite of evidence that things had worsened with his kidney function.  I have tried to "gently" remind him to get his labs done from time to time without being a nag.  It is hard to let your grown children do foolish things. 

Recently he decided to make an appointment to see a GI doctor.  He was blessed to be able to once again see the doctor that took care of him for a number of years.  (The doctor had moved to another medical group and we all had switched health plans!   :))  The appointment was this morning.  The good news is that his liver is doing great.  The bad news is that his kidney function has worsened some more.  I'm sure too many sodas and not enough water made this possible.  The original damage was due to the anti-rejection drug he'd taken for so many years.  They were able to take him off the drug and his levels held steady until he moved out on his own. 

He will be having an ultrasound done next week as well as seeing a kidney doctor.  That was another appointment he didn't keep up with.  I'm thinking he may just win a kidney biopsy out of all this, too.  Having seen him go through one before, I can tell you that it is definitely not fun.  Especially when they miss!   ::)

Please keep him in prayer. 

Vicki

« Reply #338 on: February 17, 2010, 12:48:06 PM »
Oh, dear, I don't even want to know about when they miss. I have been praying for both of your older sons, this part will be added. God loves them. A godly mother's trials are never over...

May blessings come your way.

Dora

• For the battle is not yours, but God's.
« Reply #339 on: February 17, 2010, 01:19:02 PM »
Amen for all!
Dora