Author Topic: Prayer Requests  (Read 188488 times)

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Prayer Requests
« Reply #300 on: September 14, 2009, 02:44:46 PM »
So happy, Kathleen! Give him our very best!
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Dora

• For the battle is not yours, but God's.
« Reply #301 on: September 14, 2009, 08:30:17 PM »
Quote from: Dora on September 11, 2009, 07:12:49 PM
Last night our friend called, their baby is due near the last of October.  The mom has had to go back on bed rest because the baby is "trying to be born now."  The Dr said if she can go 9 more days, the baby has good hope for survival, but the first or mid October is what they are hoping for.  This is their first child, and they are asking for prayer that he get here alive and well.  Please pray with me for this precious family.

Dora, is she doing well?

Sybil, I have not yet called, but will tomorrow.  I feel sure we would have heard if things were not well.  Please keep praying for David and Jeri's baby...his name is Jonathan David.
Dora

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #302 on: September 22, 2009, 06:26:19 AM »
Please pray for Sandra and her family. Her son, Matthew, was killed last night while riding on an ATV. He was unconscious for hours before they found him. By the time he was airlifted to the hospital, he was brain dead.

Sandra was baptized 3 years ago and she has been overwhelmed with one tragedy after another since that time. She became discouraged and quit gathering with the saints through pressures from her family and husband. Only recently did she return to "begin again." She is especially under attack.

1Peter 5:8  Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:

It is obvious he is trying to devour her in every way possible. She has a large extended family, some of whom are in the faith, but the majority of them fight against her every single day - but especially on Sabbath. Please join me in prayer for this broken-hearted woman.

Vicki

« Reply #303 on: September 22, 2009, 11:02:59 AM »
How sad, and difficult for her. Let her know that Jesus won't give her any problem that she cannot overcome, and to stand firm in her convictions. She is in my prayers.

Sister Dee

« Reply #304 on: September 22, 2009, 02:10:38 PM »
I am praying for Sandra, as well.  Oh, that she would turn and cling to the only Source of true comfort during this terrible time!  That is our only real hope. 

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #305 on: September 22, 2009, 08:10:48 PM »
Kathleen - how is Bruce doing?

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #306 on: September 24, 2009, 10:51:37 AM »
Matthew's funeral is tomorrow at the church. Sandra is holding strong. God is answering our prayers. Thank you for joining me in prayer for her.

Vicki

« Reply #307 on: October 22, 2009, 09:18:09 AM »
God has answered our prayers for a job for husband. But it is night shift. He's worked for this company before on day shift, but only night positions are available. We're thankful for the work, but also see the problems that night shift can cause with sleep disturbance, meals & and time with family on days off, and being able to go to church - his shift is 6pm to 4:30am.

Please join us in prayer that day shift will be available soon so body clocks won't need to be adjusted to an extreme situation. Thank you. (He starts November 1st.)

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #308 on: October 22, 2009, 09:27:32 AM »
Praise the Lord! God can work this out.

Sister Dee

« Reply #309 on: October 22, 2009, 11:46:10 AM »
I'm so glad your husband found work, Vicki!  I will pray that he will soon be working days.  My husband has done his share of night work during our marriage.  Not fun! 

Esther 7

• http://
« Reply #310 on: October 23, 2009, 01:44:47 PM »
I am praising God for the job that your husband has found! What a miracle in a time where millions are out of work and filing daily. Thank you so much Lord for this blessing. We pray that if a job comes for days that you will open the way, but thank you so very much for the job that he does have and are not disappointed in this at all.

God bless!

Vicki

« Reply #311 on: October 23, 2009, 02:13:18 PM »
Thank you all for your prayers. I feel a bit selfish asking for day shift after being blessed with a job, but if you don't ask you can't expect to receive. There should be day shifts available in a few weeks, hopefully they will allow him to transfer. You are right, Esther, most any job is a blessing in this economy.

Esther 7

• http://
« Reply #312 on: October 26, 2009, 11:58:45 PM »
Oh Vicki! I didn't mean to make you feel selfish at all. You're right, if you don't ask....except He knows our needs even better than we do. So I know that if it is best for your husband to work days he'll get days...otherwise, if He placed him in nights....there must be a reason. We just don't know what it is right now.

God is good! All the time! and All the time...God is good!!!

Vicki

« Reply #313 on: October 27, 2009, 09:00:38 AM »
The feelings came before I read your post, Esther, so don't feel bad.

I'm reminded of his trip to Alaska. He talked to many people on the bus, at small airports, and in Alaska about God. There are definitely those who need to hear on night shift, too. Like you said, it's in God's hands & He knows what is best.  :)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #314 on: October 27, 2009, 11:35:26 PM »
Wanting your husband to be able to sleep at night is not selfish. God made us to go to bed at night and He gave your family a husband and father for a reason besides to work.  :)   We will be praying for a day job for him!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Vicki

« Reply #315 on: November 04, 2009, 04:28:58 PM »
Thank you for the reassurance, Richard.

It's been tougher than I thought trying to keep things quiet yet running smoothly. And husband is trying to do day jobs as well to keep us afloat so it's extra hard on him. Every day son moans, "I miss dad" and he's just 2 rooms away trying to sleep. Must be harder on him knowing Dad's just down the hall but can't be accessed than having him working somewhere during the day.

Last night at the shift change a supervisor recognized him from last winter and said she wanted him back on her day team. She doesn't know if she has any say-so in the matter, but she's going to try to get him transfered. If it doesn't work, I know he's meant to be where he is at least for a little longer. He's already talking to someone about world happenings who is knowledgeable on secret society stuff but not on the gospel. Perhaps he needs to be loaned a few Walter Veith DVD's... something to pray about.  :)

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #316 on: November 06, 2009, 10:05:26 AM »
:)  !!

Yes!! All things work together for good as we abide in Christ.  You have loaned your husband out to others for a time!  It is hard, but the little one is learning to pick up his cross and bear it bravely. You are given opportunity to share what Jesus is doing in his life. Having a godly mother and father will avail much for him. He will learn to be brave because his best Friend is there at his side. When he gets the right picture that you are painting for him, how much the attitude changes. He has loaned his father out for a time. The little one wants to help others and now he sees that he is playing a part in the bigger picture of salvation for souls just before Jesus returns. This has to encourage him in his sadness.

As it is with us, so it is with our little ones. They too must develop faith that Jesus is right there with them, even in their hearts. By faith your little one can praise Jesus for using his father to helps other know Jesus. It is by faith, but is an intelligent faith. And that is where your work is shining dear sister. As you educate your son, he is rightly understanding the invisible world. He is living for the things that are eternal, not temporal. You remain in our prayers, as does your little family. God will sustain your husband just as he did while he was in Alaska. And, he will use him likewise!   :)

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

colporteur

« Reply #317 on: November 25, 2009, 11:57:29 AM »
I seem to have lost my bilfold. Hate it when that happens. It has always turned up but until then, what a pain. Cash, driver's license, bank card, etc..  If you think about it please mention this in your prayers. Its not life and death but as most have experienced, a frustration. Thanks.
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #318 on: November 25, 2009, 01:36:58 PM »
Heavenly Father, you delight to have us come to you with our requests...so, we come to you asking that you help our Brother cp find his wallet. Trials are our lot in life, but when we turn to you in the middle of them, we know you are there. If this will encourage our dear brother, then give him wisdom to know what to do, or touch the heart of someone to find and return it, we pray in the precious name of Jesus, amen.

colporteur

« Reply #319 on: November 25, 2009, 02:10:21 PM »
The billfold was found. Thank you for your prayers. I do not ever remember after losing something and coming to God in prayer where the lost was not found.
This time I had the feeling that it would be found and how one always feels so happy when the lost is found, even more so than had not the item been lost.

This reminds me of the happiness in heaven over one lost sheep found, more so over that those who were not lost.
It's easier to slow a fast horse down than to get a dead one going.