Author Topic: Prayer Requests  (Read 187630 times)

Lewis

Re: Prayer Requests
« Reply #220 on: September 03, 2008, 02:54:53 PM »
A friend of mine Ernie here on TRO has pneumonia. I got an email last night from him, and he mentioned that he was quite sick. Today, my father spoke to his wife and they had taken him to the emergency room late last night into early this morning to have him checked out, and it was confirmed that he has viral pneumonia.

I just got done taking to his wife on the phone, and she said that he is wore out and quite sick and may be laid up for awhile depending how well the medicine works.

He has been dealing with some issues within his church which he has gotten some positive responses in regards to it just in the past couple of days, and it appears that satan is not happy with Ernies work and is trying to attack him from other angles.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #221 on: September 03, 2008, 03:05:14 PM »
Heavenly Father, we know You control the very beat of our heart, our very breath. You are Lord over all things and hold us in Your hands. We ask that Your loving watchcare of Ernie be ever present while his body battles this disease. Your will be done in every instance, Father. If it be Your will that his man be healed to carry on the good fight of faith, bringing glory to You and Your cause, we ask that. Bring comfort to his family and him as they rest in You. Thank You as You have carried us thus far - Father, we need to go a little further. Bless us all and keep us as we work to hasten Your coming. This is our prayer in the Name of Jesus who saves us. Amen and amen.
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Sister Marie

• May God's Light Shine On Us All
« Reply #222 on: September 04, 2008, 10:22:26 AM »
Dear Father in Heaven, Please shower Ernie with you healing blessings. Only you know the reasons for it. please give him encouragement and help and keep him and his family strong. Release satan's hold on him. I pray this in Jesus Name and for His Sake. Amen
With Christian Love,
Marie

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #223 on: September 14, 2008, 07:33:11 PM »
I checked in with our Brother Cop who moderates the Signs and Testimonies Forums (he has problems with his internet connection). The eye of Hurricane Ike passed over his home last night. He had evacuated, but now has returned. Much damage in the area. Let us pray for our brother and his wife as they strive to get things back in order.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #224 on: September 21, 2008, 08:25:55 PM »
Please keep the Michigan Conference in your prayers. This is the year of our quinquennial session, so we will be re-electing officers for the Michigan conference.

I just thought that I'd report back that there were no changes in the leadership of the Michigan Conference. Everyone was rel-elected back to their office for another 5 years.
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Lewis

« Reply #225 on: September 21, 2008, 08:28:53 PM »
I just thought that I'd report back that there were no changes in the leadership of the Michigan Conference. Everyone was rel-elected back to their office for another 5 years.

Amen, that is great!

Sister Marie

« Reply #226 on: September 22, 2008, 08:32:47 AM »
I am so glad to hear that there were no changes brother Jim (and Lewis). That is truly good news.

I checked in with our Brother Cop who moderates the Signs and Testimonies Forums (he has problems with his internet connection). The eye of Hurricane Ike passed over his home last night. He had evacuated, but now has returned. Much damage in the area. Let us pray for our brother and his wife as they strive to get things back in order. 

Dear Father, please be with our brother Cop, and all others with so many losses from Hurricane Ike. This was another bad one and I know it is showing your soon coming. Please help our brother as he and others prepare to clean-up the results of this hurricane. Thank you dear Lord. We ask this in Your name. Amen.
With Christian Love,
Marie

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #227 on: September 22, 2008, 09:32:58 AM »
Tirza is still out of pocket as well from power outages from Ike. She needs our prayers, too.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #228 on: September 22, 2008, 09:43:52 AM »
Heavenly Father, we are concerned about our brother and sister and their families. Please help them in their trial. Hear their prayers and ours for them. Help them to be your witnesses as they deal with the aftermath of Hurricane Ike, we pray in the precious name of Jesus, amen.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #229 on: February 03, 2009, 06:25:57 PM »
I want to place a prayer request for a young man who is friends with Dora. His name is Jason. He is in the valley of decision and is reading about surrender of the whole heart in Steps to Christ. She has been friendly to this very young man for quite a few years and has a personal burden for his soul. We pray the Lord will touch his heart and teach him as only the Master can. 

Sister Marie

« Reply #230 on: February 04, 2009, 06:26:03 PM »
Dear Father in heaven, we thank you for the chance to pray for Jason. As he reads about Your love for him and what only You can do with his heart, touch his heart deeply Father with the Holy Spirit to comfort him and move him to a complete surrender to You. I pray this in Jesus name and for His sake. Amen.
With Christian Love,
Marie

Dora

• For the battle is not yours, but God's.
« Reply #231 on: February 07, 2009, 02:21:07 PM »
Thank you, my dear sisters for prayers for my dear young friend.  His name is Joshua, we call him Josh.  We have been talking almost every night, and he wants to get the Conflict series from the church to read.  We have them in paperback, and he is especially interested in the Great Controversy.  He is an electrician, and is laid off work now, so he said this is a good time to spend in study. For several weeks now, he has been learning to cook for himself, not using meat.  He told me last night that he has gotten to the point he does not want meat now.

Please continue to pray for him, he knows much of the truth, and has accepted it.  I believe the biggest hurdle is for him to believe that all he has to do to have sins forgiven is to be repentant and go to Jesus asking for forgiveness.  It is so hard for him not to think that he must do something.  We are in the process of studying "coming to Jesus," and "staying with Jesus."
Dora

Sister Marie

« Reply #232 on: February 07, 2009, 03:37:42 PM »
This is so wonderful to hear. A friend of mine who is the Bible Worker for our Church here has been praying for divine appointments and has been receiving them one after another. Four people baptized before she even excepted the job. Her name is Marge and I would ask that we pray for her too. She has three new Bible Studies already. :)
With Christian Love,
Marie

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #233 on: February 19, 2009, 05:12:36 PM »
Seventh-day Adventists continue to search for a missing medical missionary plane, which disappeared Monday, February 16 in the jungles of La Gran Sabana, a vast southeastern region in Venezuela.

The Cessna 182N plane piloted by Robert Norton, who volunteers for Adventist Medical Aviation (AMA) in Venezuela, is believed to have hit turbulent weather after taking off from the community of Carun en route to the community of Bethel.

Also in the plane were six passengers: Neiba Norton, wife of the pilot; Gladis Zerpa, an Adventist teacher; a woman accompanying a 14-year-old and a woman traveling with her young son.

http://news.adventist.org/data/2009/1235082082/index.html.en

Dora

« Reply #234 on: March 04, 2009, 05:37:33 PM »
Next Monday, March 9, I will have my first cataract surgery.  I expect it to go well, but there is a question as to whether it will correct my distance double vision or not.  I am praying it will, and am asking for your prayers, too.  I am told that a prism ground into the lenses may correct it if the surgery does not.  I had double vision back in the 80s due to a muscle weakened by bad migraines, and had to wear a patch for a while for it to heal, the Dr is not sure if this is related to that problem or not.  Also, I have macular degeneration, but it does not seem to have progressed.  Our eyes are so important in our work for Jesus, and to be able to drive as long as possible.  Thank you for your prayers.
Dora

Dora

« Reply #235 on: March 04, 2009, 05:44:12 PM »
Once again, our granddaughter has applied for an ultra sound program, offered at the community college near where we go to church. She would live with us for a school year. She took a class here last summer, in preparation for this, and has taken all her prerequisites at the community college near her in MI.

She does not have a 4.0 grade average, which they prefer, but has high grades.  So, it will be a miracle if she does get in, and that is what we are praying for.  If it is the right thing for her, and God's will, that she get in this course...if not, that He will show her what she needs to do.  She is supposed to know something about it in April, so I ask for your prayers.
Dora

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #236 on: March 04, 2009, 06:47:34 PM »
Dora - we will keep both you and granddaughter in our prayers. Blessings to both of you.

Sherijo

« Reply #237 on: March 08, 2009, 09:17:01 PM »
Please will you pray for my children who are sick and for me that I don't lose my job because of needing to stay home with them last week and this week  :-[  Thank you and God Bless.
Sheri

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #238 on: March 09, 2009, 02:28:40 PM »
Yes, we will! Thank you for letting us know. Blessings! Sybil

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #239 on: March 09, 2009, 06:01:48 PM »
Next Monday, March 9, I will have my first cataract surgery.  I expect it to go well, but there is a question as to whether it will correct my distance double vision or not.  I am praying it will, and am asking for your prayers, too.  I am told that a prism ground into the lenses may correct it if the surgery does not.  I had double vision back in the 80s due to a muscle weakened by bad migraines, and had to wear a patch for a while for it to heal, the Dr is not sure if this is related to that problem or not.  Also, I have macular degeneration, but it does not seem to have progressed.  Our eyes are so important in our work for Jesus, and to be able to drive as long as possible.  Thank you for your prayers.

We pray that your surgery went well, dear sister!  You continue to be in our prayers, as well as your granddaughter.