Author Topic: Prayer Requests  (Read 187616 times)

Eleanore Holmes

• Member at Rest
    • http://
Prayer Requests
« Reply #160 on: November 13, 2005, 10:26:00 AM »
Dearest Heavenly Father, I thank you for all the blessings I have received from the writings in this forum. I pray now for Cop who also has been an inspiration to me.  Please, if it is your will send Your Great Healer to him.  Make him well so he can continue to do your work.

I also pray Lord, for the family of RichardS. Give them peace and joy in their hearts, knowing they will soon see her again, in the clouds of heaven.

I pray this in the Holy name of Jesus.

God Bless You
Ele

WendyForsyth

Prayer Requests
« Reply #161 on: November 13, 2005, 05:51:00 PM »
You are in my thoughts and prayers Brother RichardS. (((((Richard)))))

(((((((Brother Cop))))))))

I have no doubt that God considers you to be one of His friends; otherwise He would not trust you with so many crosses, sufferings and humiliations. Crosses are God's means of drawing souls closer to Himself.

Fenelon

Richard Sherwin

• Keeper of Bees
Prayer Requests
« Reply #162 on: December 13, 2005, 07:41:00 PM »
Well it's me again with a prayer request.  A month ago my mother passed away at age 87. Today my 92 year old father is in intensive care fighting pneumonia. The docs don't know if he will pull though or not. And he told my sister this morning that he is ready to lie next to my mother on the hill. He has lived a wonderful Christ centered life and there is no one more ready than is he. Please keep him and my family in your prayers. Thanks.

Brother Sherwin

Laughter is an instant vacation

Richard Sherwin

• Keeper of Bees
Prayer Requests
« Reply #163 on: December 14, 2005, 01:54:00 PM »
A month and a day after losing my mom, my father has also passed away after a short illness.

Brother Sherwin

Liane H

Prayer Requests
« Reply #164 on: December 14, 2005, 02:14:00 PM »
Brother Sherwin:

So sorry to read of your father's passing, but I think he was ready to join your mother in that restful sleep until the coming of Jesus to awaken them together. What a scene that will be.

Know it must be hard with them both gone now so close together, but we here at The Remnant Online are your family and we send our prayers and comfort to you and your family at this time.

May the Lord bless and keep you.

Liane, the Zoo Mama

Liane, the Zoo Mama
Romans 8:19   For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

WendyForsyth

Prayer Requests
« Reply #165 on: December 14, 2005, 04:49:00 PM »
Dearest Brother Sherwin,

Know that as Jesus Christ your Brother, we your Brothers and Sisters in Christ hold you in our arms tonight and the difficult days and nights forward. We know that your parents are resting in Christ, although that does not always lessen the immediate pain of loss.

We are thankful with you that the signs of our Lord's coming are so obvious and so immediate, and that you along with the rest of us will be united with the ones we love...my grandmothers, our good doctor, Sister Ele, and others so dear to our hearts.

We rejoice that they suffer no more and we pray for the strength to continue to lift up the trumpet and hold high the standard, the strength to cry aloud on the steps of the temple and not remain dumb dogs who will not bark, and yes speed to the four corners of the earth with the Three Angel's Message.

We pray tonight for oil in our lamps now and at all times so that we will not be caught outside a closed door and that we will be allowed into the feast and that all our loved ones will have been warned and not neglected by us, the frontrunners for Christ.

In His Holy Name,
Amen

I have no doubt that God considers you to be one of His friends; otherwise He would not trust you with so many crosses, sufferings and humiliations. Crosses are God's means of drawing souls closer to Himself.

Fenelon

Richard Sherwin

• Keeper of Bees
Prayer Requests
« Reply #166 on: December 14, 2005, 04:51:00 PM »
Thanks Liane. Yes he had stated that he was ready to lie next to my mother up on the hill. One of his goals was to outlive my mother who had been his wife for 68 years. And what a reunion that will be when he sees Jesus and then my mom!

Brother Sherwin

Sister Marie

• May God's Light Shine On Us All
Prayer Requests
« Reply #167 on: December 15, 2005, 08:32:00 PM »
Dear Brother, We are so sorry to hear of the passing of both your mom and your dad. I do not think it will be long till you see them however. I feel Jesus is coming sooner than we think. God bless you with comfort in Him.

------------------
With Christian Love,
Sister Marie

With Christian Love,
Marie

Richard Sherwin

• Keeper of Bees
Prayer Requests
« Reply #168 on: December 17, 2005, 06:04:00 PM »
Thanks for your prayers people, today was the funeral, one of the toughest days of my life, but also one of great hope because my dad was the most God fearing and loving person I've ever known. I'm a lucky man to have known him for the last 48 years.

Brother Sherwin

Liane H

Prayer Requests
« Reply #169 on: December 17, 2005, 06:14:00 PM »
Hi Brother Serwin:

You were blessed by God to have had such a father. You have much to draw from, but remember you have a Father in Heaven that will and can be with you even more now and will give you all that you need to go forward in this world.

Soon, so very soon we all will be together for all eternity.

May the Lord bless and keep you dear brother as we mark toward the course of the Great Day of the Lord.

Liane, the Zoo Mama  

Liane, the Zoo Mama
Romans 8:19   For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Prayer Requests
« Reply #170 on: December 18, 2005, 09:03:00 AM »
Brother Richard, we sorrow with you over the loss of your mother and father, but rejoice to know they are both resting in Christ. You are indeed blessed to have had Christian parents. Their greatest hope is to see their children join them on that greatest of days when Jesus returns to take us home. Your family is in our prayers. May your parents be blessed to see all of their family on that glorious day!

Heavenly Father comfort our dear brother and his family in their loss and use this to bring honor and glory to your name and salvation to others, we pray in the precious name of Jesus, amen.

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Sister Marie

Prayer Requests
« Reply #171 on: April 14, 2006, 05:02:00 PM »
I would like to place a request that some way may be found to get rid of the awful pain I have been going through. I have several things wrong with my back, but have never had this kind of pain all the time. It is stopping me from getting things done, and from spending much time online and many other things. Please keep me in your prayers. Thank you.

------------------
With Christian Love,
Sister Marie

With Christian Love,
Marie

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Prayer Requests
« Reply #172 on: April 14, 2006, 10:17:00 PM »
Heavenly Father, this is a dark and painful world. You know only too well since you allowed your Son to come here as a helpless baby. You know the situation with our dear Sister Marie. We ask that you comfort her. Give her wisdom to know just what she can do to help her pain. If there is something she can change in her life, or something that she can do using your natural remedies, we ask that you would show her. If she needs the help of a physician, then we pray that you would lead her to one that loves and serves you and understands your ways.

We know that you will not remove all of our trials for they keep us close to you, but you desire to comfort us and draw us ever closer to you. This is our dear sister's desire. To know you and to give honor and glory to you with her life. If healing her will accomplish your will, then we ask this in Jesus name. Hear our prayers that you may be glorified, we pray in the precious name of Jesus, amen.

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

WendyForsyth

Prayer Requests
« Reply #173 on: April 15, 2006, 04:56:00 PM »
Amen.

Sister Marie, I am so sorry as I have been living with chronic excruciating pain for several years now. Each of us must decide to do whatever we feel God leads us to do.

I found myself so debilitated and bed bound that I finally did get on a maintained dose of pain meds, however I felt the trade off of regaining mobility was far worth it.

God bless,
Wendy

Fenelon

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Prayer Requests
« Reply #174 on: January 09, 2007, 01:08:00 PM »
The following is posted for Sister Dora:

Today my granddaughter started classes in the community college near where she lives. This is the first time she has ever gone to a public school, and I imagine it will be a different experience for her.

I am asking for God's protection, physical and spiritual, and as she said, "Maybe sometime I can be a witness to someone."

Thank you in advance for your prayers for her.

Dora

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Prayer Requests
« Reply #175 on: January 09, 2007, 01:15:00 PM »
This is a very special prayer request that Sister Dora has requested. Her grand-daughter attended Andrews for a semester and now is attending a public school. She loves Jesus and now will find herself going to school in the world. She will be a light to all that she comes in contact with. God will use her in a powerful way to lead others to a knowledge of the truth.

Heavenly Father, we join together and ask your blessings on our dear sister. Keep her safe and keep her close to you. Make a her a bright light in a dark world. Bless her decision to walk in the light as Jesus is in the light. Open the hearts of many with whom she will come in contact with. Give her an extra measure of your Holy Spirit that others will see Jesus in her. We ask all this for your honor and your glory in the precious name of Jesus, amen.

Dora

• For the battle is not yours, but God's.
Prayer Requests
« Reply #176 on: January 09, 2007, 03:20:00 PM »
Thank you so much, Brother Richard, for putting this on.  I did not think I got through with this request.

Today was my granddaughter's first day at school.  She told me that the classes are not extra large, and at this point, the instructors seemed fine. Really, the classes she is taking are more basic and none seem to have the "pagan" flavor of the "Arts and Creativity" at Andrews.

Please continue in prayers for her.  She has said several times that perhaps she can be an influence to someone there.  She never met anyone at Andrews who seemed to feel they needed anything, but that they had it already. Please pray that she will not be influenced by the world, either.

------------------
Dora

Dora

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
Prayer Requests
« Reply #177 on: January 11, 2007, 02:35:00 PM »
I am so blest that I actually feel a little guilty for asking for this prayer request; however, I have been stuck at home for two weeks today because of so much snow. Just need your prayers that the cabin fever can be controlled.

Got my truck half-way up the hill to get out, but got stuck - took several days to get it back in the garage, so it will be a while longer before mobility happens. Am living in the national forest (good country living!!!) but it has its disadvantages in winter. Another storm is due here this weekend ... so I ask for your prayers to endure it.  

------------------
Sybil
"In times like these, we need a Savior!"

For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
Prayer Requests
« Reply #178 on: February 21, 2007, 05:34:00 AM »
Australia: Adventist Churches Pray For End to Drought

February 20, 2007 Ringwood, Victoria, Australia .... [Nathan Brown/The Record/ANN Staff]

Australia has been in the grip of a severe drought since last year. [Photo courtesy of Reuters]

Members of more than 400 Seventh-day Adventist churches across Australia united in prayer Feb. 17 to pray simultaneously for the end of a severe drought and water crisis plaguing the country since last August.

"Australia is experiencing drought conditions unparalleled since records have been kept in many areas of the country," said Pastor Chester Stanley, president of the Adventist church's Australian Union Conference (AUC). "The statistics, figures and broken records keep coming."

"Authorities are saying that something like 98 percent of New South Wales, the most-populous state, is suffering from it. But of course the whole country is affected," said Gary Krause, director of the Office of Adventist Mission at the Adventist world church headquarters in the United States.

The idea for a corporate prayer as a part of worship services came from church members.

"I have had a number of church members correspond with me from around Australia suggesting it would be very appropriate for us as a church to take time for earnest prayer in relation to the extremely serious situation we have here in Australia," he explained. "The AUC executive committee at our year-end meetings enthusiastically endorsed this idea and consequently decided to invite our churches to unite in a special season of prayer."

"We have many church members who have been impacted by the drought," Stanley reported. "Certainly, conference presidents talk about the drought impacting upon tithe, and the picture I get is that some of our members are [having a hard time]."

The focus for prayer on that day obviously included prayers for rain, but also for those people who have been impacted by the drought and appeals for more responsible use of Australia's natural resources.

"There's something I like about the corporate church, down on its knees across Australia, earnestly seeking the Lord," said Pastor Stanley. He says church members from other parts of the South Pacific region expressed a desire to join the Australian church in prayer. "It's nice that the rest of the [region] can pray with and for us."

"This is a crisis and I think as a church we need to be on our knees," said Pastor Stanley. "But I think also it is a great opportunity to declare to our communities around Australia that we are Christians and that we are a praying people. We should not be seen as a group of people who lock ourselves away but that we are people who care for our communities-- that we're Australians who do have a love for our country."

Krause, who has just returned from Australia, added, "I'm glad the church in Australia is responding in a spiritual way, and of course the church is also geared to physically help those in need where possible."

For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Sister Marie

Prayer Requests
« Reply #179 on: February 21, 2007, 03:10:00 PM »
I seen this today online. WOW! I really feel for them.

Dear Father in Heaven, You and only you know why this is taking place and why it is lasting for such a long time. There are people in need of food and water, that may die if they don't have rain soon. Please Lord, according to Your Loving Will dear Lord. Amen

------------------
With Christian Love,
Sister Marie

With Christian Love,
Marie