Author Topic: Answered Prayer  (Read 73005 times)

Lewis

Re: Answered Prayer
« Reply #100 on: September 01, 2008, 08:22:23 AM »
Sister Glass, you'll be in my prayers. Constant pain is no fun. It wears on a person physically and emotionally.

Yes it surely does!

You are also in my prayers.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #101 on: September 01, 2008, 11:44:59 AM »
I have been in pain that has kept me down for 11 days now. A friend of mine told me about something a SDA nurse told her they use for hospis patients with canser. Putting Castor oil inbetween a chuck and taping it up again. Then tape it to the area with pain. It has been helping me alot, just drawing the pain out. I do not know yet whether it will heal it in time or not, but if not, it sure is providing relief, something I Praise God for.

Please pray that this help will heal the cause of the pain, according to His Will, so I can get back to normal.

Thank you  :)

Bless you, Sister Glass. We rejoice with you that this simple remedy and not a harsh narcotic, doing more harm than good, can give you such relief.

Do keep us updated and give hugs and kisses to Carol. 
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Dora

• For the battle is not yours, but God's.
« Reply #102 on: September 01, 2008, 01:44:15 PM »
I, too, am thankful for this simple remedy being a help for you, Sister Glass.  I have often found some simple home remedy that God has used for healing. May you continue to be free from pain is my prayer for you.
Dora

Sister Marie

• May God's Light Shine On Us All
« Reply #103 on: September 01, 2008, 02:40:53 PM »
Thank you everyone. I am not free from pain, but where it was a 10 before in pain and stiffness, it is a 4 now. What a blessing!!

Yes, pain sure does wear a person down. I had tried medication with little help. I have a thermo-mist hot pad I bought from Apple Valley by Andrews U. It helps my other pains, but did not help this. I used ice and other than releaving it till it was no longer frozen it did not help either. It seemed like I was trying everything till I found out about the castor oil I was getting ready to let them give me a shot. It is looking like I'll not need it now. I'm off all of the medication compleatly as of yesterday when I started the castor oil treatment. GOD IS SO GOOD. I understood my friend to say they tried it and it worked, that is why I had faith in it. Now to find out that they did not try it. God was in there making me think that they did try it.

Oh, and it is good to see so many on actively, that is great!!  :) God bless each and every one of you.
With Christian Love,
Marie

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #104 on: September 04, 2008, 11:30:02 AM »
God is indeed Good!  He provides for us in all of our needs. So glad to hear that you are feeling better, dear sister. We have missed you! Will continue to pray for  your recovery according to God's will. :)
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Sister Marie

« Reply #105 on: September 07, 2008, 01:04:11 PM »
Thank you dear. I need it too. Mine and Carols backs are not good right now. But thanks to the castor oil patches the pain is really cut down and I can do much more. Carol won't let me use it on her. Pleasee pray that this will change. Anything that would help at all she will not do much. She is back to sleeping on the couch again and that is no good for her back. Thank you for your continued prayers.
With Christian Love,
Marie

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #106 on: September 09, 2008, 09:18:52 AM »
Would you begin a topic in the Healthful Living Forum regarding the castor oil patches so others can benefit. I never heard of this.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Sister Marie

« Reply #107 on: September 09, 2008, 10:33:45 AM »
Few have heard of it. A well kept secret if you ask me. It is amazing that it works. I will put a topic in the Health section on it. Today my flare-up pain is gone. It has been three weeks now it seems. That was a long run. I'm so glad to feel better and not need the patches any more. :)  Praise God!!
With Christian Love,
Marie

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #108 on: September 22, 2008, 09:55:24 AM »
God answers prayer before we pray. Brother Cop has his electricity back on!  Thank you, heavenly Father!

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #109 on: September 22, 2008, 01:39:01 PM »
... and Thank you, Father! Tirza just got her electricity back on - after 9 days!

I believe all of us are being prepared for something larger.

Lewis

« Reply #110 on: September 22, 2008, 02:44:01 PM »
... and Thank you, Father! Tirza just got her electricity back on - after 9 days!

I believe all of us are being prepared for something larger.

Amen!

God answers prayer before we pray. Brother Cop has his electricity back on!  Thank you, heavenly Father!

Amen!

Dora

« Reply #111 on: September 22, 2008, 03:43:27 PM »
I know that was tough being without electricity for 9 days. Even though I was raised without electricity in the house where we lived, and I was 19 before ever having it, I miss it now when it is not on.  I thought 30 hours was a long time for it to be off, not knowing how long it might be off and wondering if we had enough water, and using old fashioned lamps.  The thought came to me then, "I wonder how I would make it in the time of trouble?"

I am so thankful for cop and Tirza and all the others.  But, for those who lost everything in the hurricane, well, I cannot even imagine how terrible that would be.
Dora

Dora

« Reply #112 on: May 15, 2009, 07:58:25 PM »
This is a very heartfelt praise, and a "thank you" to those who have prayed for my eye surgery and the correction of my double vision.
Today, I got another lens put into my glasses frame, with a different kind of prism in it. (The first one did not work.) I can hardly believe it, but it works! The double vision is gone with my glasses on. I did not drive home, but could have.  I told my husband "This is the first time in such a long time that I am seeing the right number of lines in the road!"  I realize now that I was seeing everything in a "fractured" state, like part of it here, and then again beside itself. It has been painful to even be outside, because it was distance vision and bright light that affected me. 

After camp meeting, I want to get started on computer glasses, for I sure cannot do well with these on the computer, and not very well with no glasses at all, so it is difficult now.  BUT...I can now drive!  I was so afraid I would lose that ability, and one loses so much when they do.  Praise our Lord for the miracles He works through good, dedicated doctors.  O, yes, my optometrist is a Christian and a Methodist; he teaches a Sunday School class of people about my age.

Special thanks to you, dear Sybil, for prayers, letters and encouragement, and to all of you!
Dora

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #113 on: May 15, 2009, 10:57:55 PM »
Praise God!!  He is GOOD!  We are happy for you dear sister!  Having good vision is a blessing! Have a blessed Sabbath!

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #114 on: May 16, 2009, 04:40:26 AM »
Bessed is she who waits on the Lord! I am so thrilled! Happy day, dear Dora!

Kelsy

• Member at Rest
« Reply #115 on: May 16, 2009, 03:48:58 PM »
Thank you for the praise report, Dora....the Lord inhabits the praises of his people..

Esther 7

• http://
« Reply #116 on: May 17, 2009, 11:15:57 PM »
Praise the Lord Dora! I'm so happy for you! :)

Dora

« Reply #117 on: May 18, 2009, 05:56:10 AM »
Thank all of you for joining in praises with me!  It truly is wonderful to be able to see "straight" again, now I am looking forward to getting my computer glasses, so I can see well on here.  Today, I get to help my granddaughter who has been such a help to me.  She has an apointment for an eye checkup, to get her contacts.  They will dilate her pupils, so she does not want to drive home, so I will get to drive her now, after two months of her driving me.  Our Lord is good, and supplies every need just at the right time.

BTW, Kelsy, are you and Larry related? You look amazingly alike!
Dora

Vicki

« Reply #118 on: May 18, 2009, 06:09:01 AM »
BTW, Kelsy, are you and Larry related? You look amazingly alike!

:D

Kelsy

• Member at Rest
« Reply #119 on: May 18, 2009, 08:01:49 PM »
Could be... but the way I comb my hair it makes my nose look bigger!