Author Topic: Answered Prayer  (Read 72728 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Re: Answered Prayer
« Reply #140 on: August 09, 2013, 06:01:48 PM »
Amen!!! God is more than GOOD!!! We rejoice with you, wigina!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

wigina

« Reply #141 on: August 09, 2013, 06:15:44 PM »
Thank you very much!
The only problem am facing is that my good uncle who did this left the church of his father, his wife my very good auntie is an Anglican bishop! To reach them with the gospel is what's burning my heart! Pray for me so that him who is above opens their heart for truth to enter and reside!, thank you and happy Sabbath to all.
Father I will sing your blessings till the end if time!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #142 on: August 09, 2013, 10:29:56 PM »
Sometimes receiving a blessing is better than giving one!  Jesus was sitting by a well with no way to get water.  A woman of Samaria approached, and seeming unconscious of His presence, filled her pitcher with water. As she turned to go away, Jesus asked her for a drink. Such a favor no Oriental would withhold. In the East, water was called "the gift of God." To offer a drink to the thirsty traveler was held to be a duty so sacred that the Arabs of the desert would go out of their way in order to perform it. The hatred between Jews and Samaritans prevented the woman from offering a kindness to Jesus; but the Saviour was seeking to find the key to this heart, and with the tact born of divine love, He asked, not offered, a favor. The offer of a kindness might have been rejected; but trust awakens trust. The King of heaven came to this outcast soul, asking a service at her hands. He who made the ocean, who controls the waters of the great deep, who opened the springs and channels of the earth, rested from His weariness at Jacob's well, and was dependent upon a stranger's kindness for even the gift of a drink of water. The woman saw that Jesus was a Jew. In her surprise she forgot to grant His request, but tried to learn the reason for it. "How is it," she said, "that Thou, being a Jew, askest drink of me, which am a woman of Samaria?" This softened the Samaritan's heart which allowed Jesus to reach her with the truth.

Dear brother, you have accepted a gift from one of another denomination.  It shows you are not prejudiced against the giver of the gift. The door is open to express your love for them even though they know how strongly you believe in your faith. Your aunt and uncle will be in our prayers along with yours.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #143 on: September 09, 2013, 03:12:19 AM »
Thank you, Heavenly Father! The Remnant Online is back online!
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #144 on: September 09, 2013, 10:26:29 AM »
Amen!   One day we will not be. This darkness that happened but for one day, is a foreshadowing of what is coming upon the world. It is all in God's hands.  Let us work while there is yet day.

Jesus said unto his followers: "Yet a little while is the light with you. Walk while ye have the light, lest darkness come upon you; for he that walketh in darkness knoweth not whither he goeth. While ye have the light, believe in the light, that ye may be the children of light." These words apply to us as well as to them. There is great reluctance to discern and gratefully receive the light from heaven. Moral darkness covers the earth, and gross darkness the people. Satan has the heart service of the world; his hellish shadow pervades and overshadows all human society, and how positively essential that Christ's professed followers should be channels of light. Says Christ, "Ye are the light of the world;" then how important that we place ourselves directly under the bright beams of the Sun of Righteousness. Those who are sanctified through the truth will be bright and shining lights in the world. 

The whole earth is to be lightened with the glory of God. But how difficult for some to see and acknowledge the light and be converted, that I, Christ says, should heal them. The atmosphere of selfishness, pride, formality, and self-righteousness surrounds their souls, and it is very difficult for them to discern light as light and appreciate it. Some walk away from the light into darkness, and how much greater is the darkness that enshrouds their souls because they have had the light. Refusing to walk in the light, they stumble at most precious things. Refusing to see the truth, they stumble and know not at what they stumble. The light that has been graciously given has not been appreciated and brought into the practical life, and many are not doers of the word. Every true believer should have a realization of his solemn responsibility before God, to be a missionary seeking to save those that are lost. We should see armies of consecrated workers seeking to do, not their own will or pleasure, but the will of God. They should be laborers together with God. They should work, pray, and continually look unto Jesus, who is the author and finisher of their faith. Those who surrender wholly to God will put thought and prayer and earnest, consecrated tact into their labors. 

Young men and young women, if you are true disciples of Christ, you will consecrate every talent, and be able to reach out for the unconverted, by ways and methods that will be effective. You will be active, working agencies for Christ. In every church there should be devoted workers. All should realize that they are to seek counsel of God, that by well-directed personal efforts they may save souls for whom Christ died. No sinner should come within the sphere of a Christian's influence and feel that his interest has not been enlisted on the side of Jesus, the Lamb of God, who taketh away the sin of the world. Those who profess to believe the truth should walk in the light of the precious beams of the Sun of Righteousness. 

The call for revival and reformation is sounding throughout the church. Many are in the valley of decision. Make that decision for Jesus.....today.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #145 on: September 09, 2013, 12:43:17 PM »
Amen!
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #146 on: April 08, 2015, 10:49:21 AM »
There are many answered prayers that often are not appreciated as they ought to be. And, many are forgotten. 

I want to thank God for hearing our prayers. He has given to the  Roth family a beautiful healthy baby boy. We thank Jesus for this answer to our prayers.  As we near the end we see evil throughout the world and increasing daily. America, a land greatly blessed is now an exporter of immorality. She is no longer the Protestant nation she used to be. I live in California which has long been mocking God. San Francisco, Oakland, and Los Angeles are centers of immorality. Earthquakes, fires, and drought are plaguing the state. But, God  in His mercy sent rain to us yesterday, and even snow to the mountains. Evidence that He stills loves and cares for the sinner. I am thankful that we have water still for our gardens.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #147 on: September 04, 2015, 08:07:17 AM »
Each day, we pray for help in our daily lives, but how often do we tell of His wonderful care for us? It seems I am continually thanking God for His help in the "little" things of life. After a month of fires burning close to our property, God has answered our prayers and protected us and many others from the wildfires burning in the Western U.S. I want to thank  God for hearing and answering the many prayers seeking His help. God is so very GOOD!

As we witness the endtime prophecies coming to pass, we know that soon we shall depart from this wicked world.  But, before we leave, we shall have lost all that we have. Are we ready to do this? Are putting our treasure in heaven?

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #148 on: April 27, 2016, 11:14:48 AM »
I am thankful for the answered prayer for my grandson. He is doing well and ought to be home tomorrow. I am also thankful that God has kept my last computer running. I lost my internet connection and spent many hours in the last week attempting to troubleshoot the problem. The world is fast falling apart.

It has become painfully apparent manufacturing has been going downhill since much is now manufactured in China. Not long ago, I purchased a couple of adapters to connect a new kitchen faucet. Both were defective and it took some time to realize that was why they were not working. I have a contractor friend who told me it is not uncommon now to find defective parts.

When I lost my internet last Friday, I called my service provider and spend quite a bit of time with them trying to find the problem. They said it was the modem, so I purchased a new modem. Well...it did not work either, so they sent a tech out on the sun day. He spend much time and said he had not seen such a difficulty as he was facing. Finally, after we talked about two modems being bad, and one being brand new, he decided to try a third modem. It worked. Much time and money was wasted because the Netgear modem was defective right out of the box. Yes, it was made in China.

It is becoming hard to find things not made in China. It is one thing to get a defective modem, it is more serious when you get defective food grown in China. Read labels and you will find instead of "grown in USA", distributed by ....... in USA. Brand names now are purchasing food grown in China and not revealing it. Another sign the end is near. For this we are thankful!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Answered Prayer in Uraguay
« Reply #149 on: March 30, 2018, 10:28:45 PM »
God is busy answering prayer! This is one prayer for a school that was on the verge of being closed.

ANN/Maranatha Volunteers Staff

Not long ago, the Barros Blancos Seventh-day Adventist School, in Uruguay, was on the verge of closing its doors for good. Due to mounting financial challenges, the Adventist Church leadership felt that several schools needed to be closed, and Barros Blancos was on the list. 

Elizabeth Urtazú, the principal of the school, was crushed.

“When we felt we were going to lose the school, we realized how much we loved this place. The teachers looked at their students and said, ‘What’s going to happen to the children?’ said Urtazú. “We’ve watched over this place. It has had so many challenges. How can we improve it? What is the future here?”

Turns out, the future was bright. On March 14, 2018, Urtazú, along with Maranatha and leaders from the Adventist Church in Uruguay, celebrated the opening of the new Barros Blancos campus. The new school, constructed by Maranatha, has eight classrooms, along with bathrooms and administrative offices, and a central auditorium that can be used as a gym and auditorium.

The new school is an answer to prayer. When Barros Blancos was under threat of being shut down, Urtazú and her staff begged for a chance to save the school. They quickly began recruiting for more students, cut a portion of their salaries, and prayed relentlessly. Their faith and hard work paid off as the enrollment climbed to 140 students. At the time, they were meeting at a local church, using Sabbath school classrooms and shipping containers for educational space. But even with 140 students, the maximum capacity for their facility, there were insufficient funds to operate the school.

In order to sustain and grow the program, Barros Blancos needed a new campus. The situation was dire—not only for the school but also for the Adventist Church. Uruguay is the most secularized nation in South America and the sixth least religious country in the world.

Uruguay is a tough place to grow the Gospel.

“Religion doesn’t factor into daily life,” says J. Carlos Sanchez Ruiz, president of the Seventh-day Adventist Church in Uruguay. “This, of course, makes evangelism more difficult.”

The Adventist Church was established in Uruguay more than 100 years ago. But there are only about 9,000 members in the country—a relatively small number compared to membership in other South American countries.

The one effective approach to reaching people with the Gospel—a way around the culture of secularism—has been education. Adventist schools have been successful in attracting children from diverse backgrounds—most of whom are not part of the Adventist church. Their parents may not be Christian, but they are interested in providing their children with a values-based education, and families are finding it in Adventist schools.

Closing Barros Blancos would have greater consequences than losing an educational program. It would mean having one less center of Christian influence in the country.

So Urtazú and the Adventist leadership in Uruguay reached out to Maranatha Volunteers International, in hopes that Maranatha could provide assistance. After much discussion, in 2015, Maranatha committed to build an education and evangelism center in Barros Blancos.

“Dear brothers of Maranatha, you have become the greatest blessing that the church in Uruguay has received in recent years. We are deeply thankful to the Lord and to you for having decided to come and help us here in Uruguay,” said Sanchez.

During 2017 and the first part of 2018, Maranatha mobilized 150 volunteers to Uruguay to help local crews with the construction project. Six volunteer teams helped to build the Barros Blancos School, including a Maranatha-led team, a team from Brazil, the Fox Valley Adventist Church Team, Detroit Maranatha Team, Oklahoma Conference Team, and West Houston Adventist Church Team. The local Adventist leadership also had architects design a facade for the entrance to the building, giving the structure added visual interest and color.

At the dedication on Wednesday, hundreds attended the ceremony to watch the ribbon cutting and tour the new campus. As part of the dedication program, each student released a balloon into the sky, symbolizing how their dreams and goals can soar with education and God. Already, the kids have seen that with faith, anything is possible—even a new school.

Ed Sutton

• Ed Sutton Blogger Profile
« Reply #150 on: April 17, 2018, 05:57:45 PM »
Praise the Lord and thank you all of you dedicated SDA Folks and non SDA Parents for uniting to keep the school open and go forward.
Grateful for Psalms 32 and Titus 2:10 - The divinity of Christ is acknowledged in the unity of the children of God.  {11MR 266.2}

Sister Marie

• May God's Light Shine On Us All
« Reply #151 on: April 17, 2018, 08:17:14 PM »
What a blessing from the Lord. He has truly answered the prayers of His own. Praise His Name.
With Christian Love,
Marie