Author Topic: Answered Prayer  (Read 72726 times)

Sister Marie

• May God's Light Shine On Us All
Answered Prayer
« Reply #80 on: August 16, 2004, 08:01:00 AM »
Dear Sister Wendy,
We rejoice in your happiness and Praise God for the change in attitude and outlook in your family. With a positive walk in life and with Jesus as your leader....how could you possibly fail? We all rejoice with you dear sister and Praise God for His Love and His Goodness to us.

------------------
With Christian Love,
Sister Marie

With Christian Love,
Marie

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Answered Prayer
« Reply #81 on: August 29, 2004, 07:39:00 AM »
God is so good to us. Each day He desires to hear and answer our prayers. I often contemplate how unworthy I am and yet He blesses and blesses and blesses. The end is coming soon and Jesus is doing all that He can to help us prepare for it. As we look to Him, He is working with us. I thank Him for His watchcare and grace!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

WendyForsyth

• http://
Answered Prayer
« Reply #82 on: September 29, 2004, 12:31:00 AM »
I just had to share with you all what God has done for me and my family now.

I haven't had a job in five years. I had been charged with a felony and because I was afraid to fight it, I plead guilty. It put an end to my career in the health care field.

Well, a couple weeks ago, I called to apply for a job as a caregiver. Then realizing I couldn't get paid by the state with a felony, I tried to cancel the interview. The gentleman insisted on interviewing me and liked me enough to want to hire me. He knew about the felony and said that we should try anyway.

I went in to have a criminal background check run by DSHS and figured that was about the end of it. As I waited for the check to come back, I put my head on the table and prayed.

The gentleman came back and said.....GOOD NEWS! Your report came back with no criminal background on it. My report was COMPLETELY CLEAN!!! I had run it six months ago and the felony was there, so I KNOW that God miraculously erased it!!!

So, long story short, I was contracted on the spot with the state of Washington and got the job! PRAISE THE LORD!!!!  He literally freed me from my prison. I never thought I'd be able to work again, much less in the health field.

As a major bonus, this also means that I can finish my nursing degree! With a felony, I couldn't become a nurse, so my hopes and dreams were dashed for good, or so I thought. I don't think we'll be here much longer, but it is a wonderful feeling to know that God opened that door back up for me. Maybe I can still do it, I don't know. But I do know that I can now earn enough money to support my family for the first time in five years!

Thank you Jesus!

God could and would if He were sought!

AMEN!!!

I have no doubt that God considers you to be one of His friends; otherwise He would not trust you with so many crosses, sufferings and humiliations. Crosses are God's means of drawing souls closer to Himself.

Fenelon

Sister Marie

Answered Prayer
« Reply #83 on: September 29, 2004, 03:21:00 AM »
Praise the Lord Sister Wendy. God indeed is so good. I feel He is doing these things just to let us know with solid proof that He is there and that He really cares about us. He is soon coming and He wants us ready for the storm ahead. Ready to follow Him without "feeling" of Him near. (Jesus did not feel God near). Ready to give up all for Him, ready to speak for truth regardless of anything. He is preparing us "Now". Thank you for sharing with us. We are so happy for you.  :)

------------------
With Christian Love,
Sister Marie

With Christian Love,
Marie

Ele Holmes

• Moderator at Rest
Answered Prayer
« Reply #84 on: September 29, 2004, 06:19:00 AM »
Dearest Wendy,
  What a joy  to hear your story.  What an inspiration! With tears I praise our loving God for what He did for you. Whoa!  You sure have had your problems, and trials, and apparently you are traveling that right road now.  God is so good.  God bless you and your family.
I do not understand ICQ, cookies, UBB, HTML, homepage???

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Answered Prayer
« Reply #85 on: September 29, 2004, 08:23:00 AM »
Jesus loves us and has a million ways to provide for us. We are not surprised when He works these miracles, or at least we ought not be.  :) We rejoice with you, dear Sister Wendy! Keep this answer to prayer in your mind always. The devil will try and steal the blessing, but you can keep him from doing so by remembering how much God loves you and your family.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

WendyForsyth

Answered Prayer
« Reply #86 on: September 29, 2004, 09:19:00 AM »
Yes, the devil has already tried. We aren't going to let him though. He can harm the body, but the heart is Christ. Therein lies the only safety. Satan is trying to make me very ill, and is attacking my mind as well, but God is preserving me for a purpose and that keeps me going. What miracles to focus on! These things keep us in Him when the going gets so hard. It is such a blessing to know our Lord!

God bless you all!

I have no doubt that God considers you to be one of His friends; otherwise He would not trust you with so many crosses, sufferings and humiliations. Crosses are God's means of drawing souls closer to Himself.

Fenelon

WendyForsyth

Answered Prayer
« Reply #87 on: September 14, 2005, 09:23:00 PM »
Hi all, so much has happened since this last post of mine....lots of agony. I lost that job almost right away due to abuse in the family...mine.

So, skipping a whole bunch of ugly stuff that has happened, I just got another job! It's just as dishwasher in an upper-class restaurant, but the manager/owner hopes to bring me up through the ranks...busperson/waitress/then chef. The dishwashing is hard business! I hurt all over today...but I am praising God for His goodness. With Howard in prison ( :( ) the sole support for the family falls to me. For months I was steeped in depression and felt unable to accomplish even the simplest task, such as cleaning my own home or cooking. Now, through the most unlikely source (my ex-landlord) the Lord has provided a means of support as well as the energy and lift out of depression, to maintain it.

Thank you Jesus!

Fenelon

WendyForsyth

Answered Prayer
« Reply #88 on: September 14, 2005, 09:24:00 PM »
Wow! One year minus ten days! Amazing!!!

Fenelon

SA

Answered Prayer
« Reply #89 on: October 07, 2005, 03:13:00 PM »
I'd just like to share an answered prayer.  

I am an active moutain biker and am a member of a online mountain bike community.  

I became aware of a fellow rider who was injured serverly in Nova Scotia, Canada.  He was involved in a accident in which a car with four occupants ran over his chest and his head.  He was given little chance to live.

Recently I have been reading Roger Morneau's 'Incredible Answers to Prayer' series of books and decided I would try intercessory prayer.  

I actively prayed well over a month for healing of this man, and he has made miraculous progress.  He went from being in ICU in a coma, to resting at home now.  The doctors and nurses are amazed at his progress.

I'd just thought I share this to show how faith and prayer can have a profound effect.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Answered Prayer
« Reply #90 on: October 07, 2005, 07:35:00 PM »
Amen, SA! We too little value the opportunity for prayer. God does indeed want us to come to Him with our petitions and to believe we receive what we ask for. And then He expects us to tell of His love and power as you have done. Thanks for sharing. It may be just what one of our readers needs to hear today or mayber a year from now while reading through "Answered Prayer".

Let us continue to pray for one another and those whom God places in our paths.

Lewis

Re: Answered Prayer
« Reply #91 on: May 11, 2008, 12:18:14 PM »
Thank you everyone for the many prayers for my wife in regards to the job situation concerning the Sabbath and other things.

At this point this company she works for has dropped their issue with the drug test and their statements they have made and gave another test without any questions.

The Sabbath issue which started off this problem has been dropped and nothing more has been said. The one comment made by the local management was that she is the best employee!

We believe that satan is not done with his work until Jesus comes, and we expect many more attacks. Maybe on her job, or from the church, health, the family... who knows. It does not matter where it comes from. What matters is... who are we going to serve? This will be Jesus by His Grace.

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #92 on: May 11, 2008, 12:29:47 PM »
Amen, Lewis! "The best employee!" And we should be the best employees! This is wonderful news! Praise His Name!
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #93 on: May 11, 2008, 12:36:48 PM »
Amen!!  If God be for us, who can be against us!!  We rejoice with you dear brother. You wife has been a good witness, giving honor and glory to God!     Jesus smiles.

Lewis

« Reply #94 on: May 19, 2008, 04:38:12 PM »
The Lord answered prayers for my wife again. She was hired for the job in working as a teachers helper. She will not have to work any Sabbath hours. Thanks for your prayers. :)

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #95 on: May 19, 2008, 05:59:17 PM »
The Lord answered prayers for my wife again. She was hired for the job in working as a teachers helper. She will not have to work any Sabbath hours. Thanks for your prayers. :)
Praise the Lord! You have a jewel there, Lewis. Now we pray even more for something excellent for you!
  For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Adina

« Reply #96 on: July 25, 2008, 10:01:47 PM »
Some time ago I was asking for prayers for my husband who couldn't find a job. Thank you all for your prayers and most of all thank You , God. Praise Him with me. This week my husband was hired again ! My heart is full of thanksgiving! We have such a wonderful Father taking care of all our needs. He took care of us all this time we hade only one of us working and now  I am so grateful as I know how important is for my husband to work again what his was trained for ( he is a laboratory physician). Praise God with me

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #97 on: July 26, 2008, 08:59:41 AM »
God is GOOD and He is faithful!  It is such a blessing to fellowship with those who know from whom their blessings come!  So  many times blessings are thought to be or human origin when in fact our loving God is the One who moved upon the hearts of humans, including kings and princes and employers!!  Have a blessed Sabbath dear friends.

Thanks for sharing Lewis and Adina!  We rejoice with you!!  :)

Sister Marie

« Reply #98 on: September 01, 2008, 07:27:40 AM »
I have been in pain that has kept me down for 11 days now. A friend of mine told me about something a SDA nurse told her they use for hospis patients with canser. Putting Castor oil inbetween a chuck and taping it up again. Then tape it to the area with pain. It has been helping me alot, just drawing the pain out. I do not know yet whether it will heal it in time or not, but if not, it sure is providing relief, something I Praise God for.

Please pray that this help will heal the cause of the pain, according to His Will, so I can get back to normal.

Thank you  :)
With Christian Love,
Marie

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #99 on: September 01, 2008, 08:11:48 AM »
Sister Glass, you'll be in my prayers. Constant pain is no fun. It wears on a person physically and emotionally.
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}