Author Topic: Answered Prayer  (Read 72907 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Answered Prayer
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2000, 07:16:00 AM »
God is GOOD!  Thank you for sharing, Brother Gerry.

It was hard to imagine saying that with such joy four months ago. As we see God's hand over our lives, it gives us reason to rejoice. God does truly love us!

Richard

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Clive Nevell

• http://
Answered Prayer
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2000, 06:16:00 PM »
Our night finally arrived when we would start our satellite evangelism. We are all new to this type of outreach. I welcomed the folk and praise the Lord there were eight people from the community there. As the transmission time approached we could not help but feel anxious. We had prayed that everthing would be OK, but it wasn't. The sound was not in English, what were we to do. I know many were praying, our Pr. went through all the controls and reset it all again but to no avail. I asked the man standing next to me to come outside and pray. Believe it or not but when we came in, it was now in English. My only regret now is that I wished I had of went up the front and prayed publicly for the problem to be fixed.
Apart from that small problem all else went well, our church folk came to support the program. One lady asked for the Jesus video to view at home. We just leave it in the Lord's hand and ask you to continue to pray for our outreach, Thanks to Bro. Laurie for bringing our prayer requests to your attention
Praise the Lord.
Clive

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Answered Prayer
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2000, 06:03:00 AM »
Moved from another thread-
Posted by Brother David Battler........

Hello Brothers and sisters in Christ

I thought you would be interested to hear a followup of my prayer request above about the tornado and those two children.

The boys of my friend were OK; but 11 people were killed, one of them a two year old boy snatched right out of the mother's hands by the wind.

I went to Pine Lake a short while ago because I am going to do some repairs to a lady's trailer there, and the devastation is so severe...trees all sheered off at the 5 or 6 foot level, all the trailers at the park were being piled up by a backhoe into piles of twisted metal, as it was pulled out of the lake...it was sobering indeed...

I asked the five year old boy if he was scared during the big storm; and he said: "No!  Jesus was in the room the whole time!"

------------------
"The joy of the Lord will be your strength."  (Neh.8:10).

Your brother in Christ

David T. Battler

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Answered Prayer
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2000, 06:10:00 AM »
Moved from "Very Urgent Prayer Requests" thread--Posted by Joan Rügemer.....

David,

A baby gone with the wind ? I could hardly eat my lunch thinking about that report. Alf said this grubbling about it is not good for me so I was invited to go to the next town with him for car tire change service. It seemed so odd walking the calm, well manicured shopping street with lots of peaceful looking satisfied people going leisurely here and there, and me visualizing how the Tornado wiped out the tranquility of those people's lives up there where you are.

Your friends sons ok ? What actually was the answer to your(this group's ) prayer ?

Joan

WendyForsyth

Answered Prayer
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2000, 12:20:00 PM »
Everyone! When I asked you to pray for my husband, I didn't tell him about it at all. I didn't want to influence him one way or another. Anyway, today he came up to me and said "do you realize that I've only had one cigarette today?" Amazing! Praise the Lord. I don't know how this will continue to play out with him, but I do know that God is working in him to remove the desire. God is good all the time, and all the time God is good!!!

Thank you all and please keep praying!!!

Wendy
----------
Maranatha!!!

I have no doubt that God considers you to be one of His friends; otherwise He would not trust you with so many crosses, sufferings and humiliations. Crosses are God's means of drawing souls closer to Himself.

Fenelon

M.A. Crawford

Answered Prayer
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2000, 03:04:00 PM »
"...The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much." James 5:16.

Prayer changes things.

M.A.

M.A.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Answered Prayer
« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2000, 09:28:00 PM »
Thank you, Jesus. Please continue to work in our brother's life. May he understand your desire to strengthen him, in your precious name we pray, amen.

Joan Rügemer

Answered Prayer
« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2000, 01:40:00 AM »

Holding my breath but praising the Lord and still keeping on praying in faith for full recovery.

I am happy for the report Wendy. Thank you..

Joan

avkumpel

Answered Prayer
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2001, 08:25:00 AM »
I recently posted a prayer request that God would open the doors for my girlfriend to study medicine at Loma Linda this upcoming year with me.  We both desire to be medical missionaries and so I fervently believed that God would allow BOTH of us to be accepted.  Well, just this past friday (01/19/01) she received a call from Loma Linda and was told she also has been accepted as a member of the 2001-2002 freshman entering class.  Praise God!  Now we can both commit ourselves to achieving God's dreams for our lives together!  Thank you for all your prayers!

God is good all the time, all the time God is good  :)

Liane H

Answered Prayer
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2001, 08:43:00 AM »
Again I find myself the first to respond, and I thank Him again. Praise be to our God. I am so very happy for the both of you.  

Now remember, I will only be a stone throw from you in LA County to San Bernardino County in California, so do write when you get here.

Dear Lord:

You are indeed a powerful God and an answer to their prayers was given, because you opened the minds of those that would make the dicision for them to both be here has come to pass.

We still ask that you help them with the financial burdens that are being place upon them and that they would be free of these debts so that they both can go right to the mission field, because we all know Lord, time is running out and we need to reach many as possible, because the winds of strife are  falling upon a world ill prepared to deal with that which is about to come upon us all.

Many do not know the wonderful rich experience that can be had in knowing you, knowing your Sabbath day of rest. Let these two young people be an instrument of your teaching to those that will come across their path.

In Jesus name I thank you.

Liane

Liane, the Zoo Mama
Romans 8:19   For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Wendy

• http://www.megspace.com/religion/cainan/
Answered Prayer
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2001, 01:50:00 PM »
Amen!

I like this thread, what a great boost for faith.  :)

------------------
Maranatha!:)

WendyL ~ Maranatha!:)

Clive Nevell

Answered Prayer
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2001, 02:03:00 PM »
While off line brother Ray had to spend some time in hospital.
I took some things into him and the last item to be picked up was his medical records.
They could not be found anywhere.
One last look and still no records, I called the kids over and suggested we have prayer. Within a short time there were the records we had been looking for.
Ray is back home now and I told him how we found the records and about God hearing   our prayer. He is not a believer so it may make an impact on him. He siad this morning we can all pray for rain and then corrected himself and said you can as there is no use me praying I have no faith. I went bonto explain that Jesus said that all we need is faith the size of a mustard seed, which is very small.
If brother Ray ever becomes a Christian it really would be a miricle.
Keep praying for him.
Clive

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Answered Prayer
« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2001, 02:51:00 PM »
Thank you, Brother Alipio!  :) God is indeed GOOD!  We will continue to pray for the both of you as you seek to prepare yourselves for His service!

Brother Clive, it is good to have you back with us. Thank you too, for sharing the answered prayers.  Yes, God wants to let non-believers know He cares.  :)

Richard

WendyForsyth

Answered Prayer
« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2001, 07:37:00 AM »
Does anyone want to join me in a BIG AMEN that my husband Howard found his way here to study with us? All on his own I might add. I just sent a topic to him that I thought he might like to read, and he was impressed to start getting involved. After two years he is finally searching out the Lord again! Praise the Lord Jesus has always been standing right there at his shoulder, waiting for him to turn around and take his hand. Thank you Jesus for answered prayer.

WendyF

I have no doubt that God considers you to be one of His friends; otherwise He would not trust you with so many crosses, sufferings and humiliations. Crosses are God's means of drawing souls closer to Himself.

Fenelon

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Answered Prayer
« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2001, 07:37:00 PM »
Amen, Sister Wendy, we rejoice with you both!  :) We look forward to Brother Howard's participation. It is such a blessing to have him in the Family Circle forum!  :) Thank you, Jesus!

Richard

WendyForsyth

Answered Prayer
« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2001, 08:51:00 PM »
He truly is the Great Healer!!! :)

WendyF

Fenelon

Wendy

• http://www.megspace.com/religion/cainan/
Answered Prayer
« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2001, 02:44:00 PM »
I'll add my amen in here too.  :)

------------------

Sherri Hamann

Answered Prayer
« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2001, 03:03:00 AM »
There are many places here I could post my praise, and I don't want to miss an opportunity, so here I go again...

Thank you all for your prayers.  Katie had a very good day yesterday in that she had no more vomitting (sorry to those who haven't eaten breadfast yet!!)  and today we have our final doctor's visit for this week.

She is calm, our family is calm, and God is showing us in a very powerful way that HE is faithful, no matter what the situation may appear to be...HE IS...and we can truly rejoice in that.

Sherri

Dugald T Lewis MD

• Moderator at Rest
    • http://www.drdugaldlewis.com
Answered Prayer
« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2001, 08:52:00 AM »
Dear Wendy,

I rejoice with you and Howard in this new venture in your lives. TRO has been a blesing for me personally. I thank the Lord that it gives me the chance to see that there are more than 7000 out there whose knees have not bowed to Baal. I am thankful that God placed this dream in the heart of Brother Richard Myers to do this.  

Sincerley
Dugald

Liane H

Answered Prayer
« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2001, 06:38:00 PM »
Hello Sherri:

Just keep it coming. It is always good for us to know and read of the blessing in the lives of fellow believers. I am so overjoyed in my heart about Katie and that your family is recovering.

God is indeed good and these blessings are a witness to us all of the goodness of God. When we have these blessings, it never should be enough said.

Your family is still in my prayers.

Liane

Liane, the Zoo Mama
Romans 8:19   For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.