Author Topic: Answered Prayer  (Read 72931 times)

Clive Nevell

• http://
Answered Prayer
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2000, 10:43:00 AM »
We had our special prayer meeting for Bro Ainslie and Bro & Sis Braun last night (Tuesday) and you could just about feel that the spirit of togetherness was real. We all prayed for them and others, sharing with our group of our forum members who were also praying for them. Our Pr. spoke on James 5 and then went over to 2 Kings 18,19 and recounted the story of Hezekiah of how God heard and saw the tears that were offered up when he prayed and had compassion and answered the prayers. We also prayed for protection as we went home. On the way home we really needed it as just a few miles from church a big beast decded to cross the road in front of me, no way I could stop but swerved on to the wrong side to miss him as he went to the other side of the road, We all just thanked God for keeping us safe as we travelled. Some would call it luck or chance, I call it divine protection.
Thankyou all for your prayers.
Regards
Clive

Laurie Mosher

• There is a place of quiet rest
Answered Prayer
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2000, 02:56:00 PM »
  Amen Clive!
   God's angels certainly protect us. I drove thru the middle of a tornado that was bearing down on me in California (Fresno). It tore out 3 foot wide walnut trees, and mortar blocks (the big grey ones with holes in them)were going around my car. A plank of wood 2in x 8in x 12 feet long headed straight toward my windshield, and suddenly veered off passing betwen the radio antenna on the car fender and the windshield without hitting either. Let me asure you, the whole time I was PRAYING. Not a scratch on the car afterward!
 Praise the Lord for His protection. I wonder how many times we have been in danger and haven't known it?
  Keep "the" faith!
   Br. Laurie
Keep "the" Faith,  Brother Laurie

Ivan

• Member at Rest
    • http://www.EvidentlyGod.com
Answered Prayer
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2000, 04:49:00 PM »
Praise God, Brother Laurie!

Sometimes we may wonder why God allows us to go through nerve shatering experiences like you have just described.  It is to show us God's power to save!  There are many times when we are saved when we are unaware of the danger we were in.  We do not always remember to thank God for His providence and protection.  It is dramaticly brought home when we are brought into dire circumstances, yet emerge unscathed!  (Isaiah 43:1-3)  Thank you, Jesus!

Your friend,

Ivan  :)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Answered Prayer
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2000, 04:32:00 PM »
For fifteen years I have prayed for my two children, Michael and Kimberly. I pray for their salvation. As I shared last week, my son Michael is living with us for a month and  it is a difficult situation because of our so different life-styles.  God is good and things are going very well.

In addition, Kimberly came by yesterday. I had not seen her in almost three years. God does hear our prayers!

In His love and grace,    Richard

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Dugald T Lewis MD

• Moderator at Rest
    • http://www.drdugaldlewis.com
Answered Prayer
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2000, 05:46:00 PM »
Dear Richard,
Praise God for His goodness. We will keep on praying with you.
Dugald

daffyduck0808

Answered Prayer
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2000, 07:14:00 AM »
Hi all!
As many of you probably know, on December 27, 1999, I was in a car accident. But this story is not about the accident or even about what has happened in my life since. No, this story is about my dad.

My dad is one of the lay preachers in our church. Twice a month, he speaks at one of the three churches in our area. Well, one of the women of our church approached him about a sermon he was to do on New Year's Day. As many of you know, that day was the Day of Prayer in the NAD. Well, this woman called and asked if my dad would talk about prayer. He told her that he wasn't comfortable talking about prayer as he doesn't know as much about the subject as he should. Well, she agreed to let him choose his topic and they hung up the phone. She turned to her daughter and related the situation to her. Her daughter suggested that they pray for my dad to have an experience with prayer that he could talk about.

Monday morning, Dec. 27th, before he even got out of bed, my dad was impressed to pray for his family, Dave (my fiance), DeAnna (my sister), my mom, and me. That had NEVER happened before! Before he even got out of bed! Well, he got up, and went about the day. I helped him deliver newspapers that day and at the end of the day, we came home.

I needed new glasses and we were heading into the city to WalMart to get them. We left at around 6:00-6:30pm. At about 7:00pm, my dad was, again, impressed to pray for his family. At 7:15pm, we were hit head-on by a car that had crossed the median. No one was killed. As far as I know, the worst injury was "bestowed" upon me.  :) I got a fractured hip. Because of the severity of the accident, many people thought someone had died in the crash. Only by God's grace did we live through it! I thank Him every day for the life he has given me!

------------------
"Looking for the blessed hope
and glorious appearing of our
God and Savior Jesus Christ"
Titus 2:13
Stephanie

"Looking for the blessed hope
and glorious appearing of our
God and Savior Jesus Christ"
Titus 2:13
Stephanie

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Answered Prayer
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2000, 05:54:00 AM »
Dearest Stephanie, no I don't know. Well...let me say I didn't think I knew. With all the under cover names and no last names and 3,500 on one forum and 4,000 on another, with  people coming and going, the names sometimes don't ring a bell.

But all of a sudden with your post the lights came on! I spend quite a bit of time in the prayer section of Adventists Online. I had no idea I had been praying for you!    :) And not only I.....

God does answer prayer. You being here with us is an answer to mine and Brother Laurie's prayers.

Here are the posts from the prayer section of Adventists Online, Dec. 28, 1999.

Angie S  posted 12-28-1999 02:02 PM              
My sister Stephanie S was in a car accident yesterday (12/27). She, our mother, our sister, and her fiance were riding along and were struck head-on by another car. The driver of the car had a seizure  and went over the center line. Stephanie has a dislocated hip and is in a lot of pain. Please pray for her speedy recovery. This would mean SO much to me! Our mother has a broken rib and a sprained  wrist, our sister got away with just a bunch of bruises, and   Stephanie's fiance has a sprained wrist, and a cut on his forehead.

But, PRAISE GOD!!!! They are all alive!!! Thanks again for your prayers!

Angie

Richard Myers  posted 12-29-1999 01:14 AM              
Angie, we are praying for your family, especially your sister. Someone must have already been praying for them. Headons often
result in death. God is good!

Jesus loves for us to pray for others! You know where the power is.

Richard

Laurie Mosher posted 12-31-1999 09:25 PM              
angie, You`re my family too, and I would like to add my prayers to those in this column,even though I live North East of you (Michigan), about 1500 miles plus.

Keep the faith, and yes, God has special guardian angels who travel with us.
               Br. Laurie

Now we know who "daffyduck" is!  Thank you, Sister Stephanie for sharing your testimony of God's faithfulness to not only answer prayer, but to put it into our hearts to pray for those things that will bring us peace and joy and glorify Him.  It is good to have you and your father online with us!    :)

Now, where is Sister Angie?

In His love and grace,    Richard

[This message has been edited by Richard Myers (edited 03-27-2000).]

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Answered Prayer
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2000, 04:27:00 AM »
Brother Clive was missing from his duties as one of the moderators for the Sabbath School forum for a week or so and we all became very concerned, for he did not say he would be gone for such a long time. I put him on our prayer list, that the Lord would return him safe to us. We now thank the Lord for doing so!  :) We don't realize our blessing as we should. What if your computer crashed today? Brother Clive's did and we all suffered with him. Angels that excel in strength keep watch over us and our computers as we labour for the Master. Shall we not appreciate that little blessing of having our computers working today.  :)

Richard

Filipe Reis

Answered Prayer
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2000, 02:47:00 PM »
  Dear forum members!
 Some days ago, I posted asking you to pray for me and my girlfriend who is not an adventist. The request was answered by dear brother Richard, and others that I'm not aware by now, I'm sure. Here, I continued asking God to put more light in my mind so I could make right decisions concerning my girlfriend's subject.
 Let me share with you what happened. We have talked about ourselves, discussed friendly our problems and reached an agreement. We think the best is for us to keep only friends. We choosed this way with no conflit and in thoughts harmony!
 It can be very sad for us, bur personaly I'm sure this is God's answer. I believe He has shown us what's best for both of us. Sometimes what He knows to be the best for us, isn't quite what we want.
 Again, thank you very much dear Laurie for inviting me here. I can see that this forum is already working for me, 'cause I've solved a problem that had been concerning me a lot, thanks to Him and to your praires.
 Hope to post again soon.
 Filipe Reis, Portugal.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Answered Prayer
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2000, 04:30:00 PM »
Brother Filipe, Jesus is coming soon as you pointed out in your post in Signs of the Times, and your prayers for wisdom to discern God's purpose for you is not only being answered, by God is giving you power to follow Him!  It is a joy to hear your testimony.  Many make shipwreck of their faith and their lives by moving contrary to God.  

If it is best for you and your friend to get married, God will work it out in the future. As friends you will get to know each others character in a way that will reveal if Jesus is the pattern for your lives. You will see if she can accept the truth that would be required in order to have a happy union that would glorify Jesus.  We continue to pray for you and her.  

It is good indeed to have you with us and to share in your experience with Christ. (BTW, your English is very good!)

In His love and grace,     Richard

charlene

Answered Prayer
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2000, 05:19:00 PM »
dear filipe,
what you and your friend have done is very difficult and i praise God he gives strength to do even the impossible. For we are nothing without Him.  God bless you for your trust in Jesus and you know He will do for you what is best if you put your faith in Him.  We will keep you in our prayers.  God Bless

------------------
charlene

charlene

Clive Nevell

Answered Prayer
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2000, 02:49:00 AM »
As we prayed for Jerry and his family yesterday it really is amazing that the acreator God of this universe will use people such as myself in His plans. It is humbling to think that is what take place.

Today I went into Boonah with my older brother Ray, he went in for a medical dressing on his infected leg. Things did not work out as planned as he forgot to get his change from paying for his pills and also forgot to pick up his new pills. We then went to the nursery and then he remembered them so back to the hospital to get them. Ray them asked to go to the shop and bank, taking more time as I was supposed to be back home to take the kids to athletics training, I was just not going to make it on time. I hate being late and had to try and put on a happy face. I did.Finally as I went back to the school with my young boy we passed Jerry on the road and waved to him. When I stopped Jerry was behind me and got out, after some small talk he asked me, "What time does your church start on Sabbath"
I nearly fell over. We have prayed for him now for over 12 months, last week he was at a city SDA church and would like to come to our church. Talk about an answer to prayer. It is amazing to think God hears and answers prayer.
When I giot home I called all the family around and related in detail what had taken place and then had a season of prayer together. We all just praise the Lord for putting it in Jerries heart to ask. I told himm about our outreach programs coming up in the Harrisville Church in May and he woyulkd loke to come,
Just look at it, the timing of me passing Jerry and him seeing me, just a few seconds either way and we would not have seen each other. I ask, who made brother Ray forget his pills, want the paper and then go to the bank and on the way home call into the fruit shop? Just so I could pass him at the right time.
ONLY OUR LORD AND SAVIOUR
Praise the Lord again
Clive & family

Daryl Fawcett

Answered Prayer
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2000, 05:53:00 PM »
Brother Clive,

I truly call that answered prayer!

Praise the Lord!   :)

------------------
In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl.

Avalee Lohman

• http://www.geocities.com/avalee50/
Answered Prayer
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2000, 02:31:00 PM »
Amen Brother Clive.....Our Heavenly Father does answer prayers in ways we would not think of.

In The Blessed Hope

Avalee

Laurie Mosher

• There is a place of quiet rest
Answered Prayer
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2000, 04:03:00 PM »
  Thank You Clive. All of us on this forum can testify to answered prayer. These testimonies should inspire us to Thank such a Great God for loving us.
 Praise the Lord!
   Br. Laurie     :)
Keep "the" Faith,  Brother Laurie

Clive Nevell

Answered Prayer
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2000, 08:57:00 PM »
Brothers & Sisters, praise the Lord. Jerry was in Sabbath School & Church today.Isn't that woderful and cause for much rejoicing.
He is now off to attend a baptism at Colleges Crossing on the Brisbane River near Ipswich. We had Communion at Harrisville today and have just got back home, the first thing I wanted to do was put this good news on the Forum before most would go to church. Now I ask another faviour, please pray for Jerry at this baptism today. He is married with kids the same age as ours. It will be hard for him by himself but we have seen miracles already, so anything is possible. He asked if could get a lesson study guide, with the new quarter already started and no lesson guides left, we photo copied next weeks lesson for him.
I rang him up this morning and he was going nowhere as his fuel tank was emty in the car and was nearly out of money. I told him that I would ring back latter. He said when I rang back that his wife had found an extra $15 so he could get some fuel.
The Lord is leading in his life.
Keep praying & thanks for your prayers.
Clive & family

Clive Nevell

Answered Prayer
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2000, 10:31:00 AM »
I brought to your attention some time ago a problem that the adventist church was having in Australia about the receivers not arriving on time for the satellite program with Geoff Youlden. Last night I received an email from our Pr. to say that 48 of them had just arrived in Sydney and were being dispatched immediatley to the churches. It means that we will have them in time for the program. Praise the Lord for answering our prayers in this matter.
Thankyou to all my fellow members for bringing to God this request.
Keep praying
Clive

Daryl Fawcett

Answered Prayer
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2000, 03:03:00 PM »
Amen Brother Clive.  :)

We had made it a matter of prayer in the other forum also.

------------------
In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl.

Clive Nevell

Answered Prayer
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2000, 08:41:00 PM »
Thankyou Daryl and everyone for your prayers
Keep praying
Clive

Gerry Buck

Answered Prayer
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2000, 06:17:00 AM »
It has been a while since I last came to this thread,but I feel a necessity to share with you what has happened since the last visit.

As you know,my family was in an accident on the 27th of Dec. last year.

Steph received the worst injury with a broken and dislocated hip.
She made it thru surgery and rehab and came home.

Then she was diagnosed with 2 different bacterial infections.She required another surgery and then intraveinous antibiotics.
Over the period of about 6 weeks,she went from those to oral antibiotics.

3 weeks ago,she was pronounced 'clear' of all infection.
She was also told that the hip was 'heajed',about 2 months earlier than they expected.They were surprised,we weren't...we were exstatic.
God is SOOO good.  

------------------
He is LORD!
May He come soon.
Gerry

Examine me, O LORD, and prove me: try my reins and my heart.Ps.26:2
Gerry B.