Author Topic: Trouble-shooting Dead Ones  (Read 2524 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Trouble-shooting Dead Ones
« on: November 29, 2006, 06:56:00 PM »
Just lost my best friend! (next to Jesus) My PIII 755 with win 98 just went black and refuses to start up or shut down. Just a black screen. Been faithful for about six years every day. Backing up TRO all night many nights. I guess I ought to lay it rest, but am experiencing separation pains.

Checked my drives and both the operating sys drive and slave work as slaves on my xp computer. So, hd drives still function.

The death was progressive and I knew it was coming.

How do I rule out

Power supply prob
Motherboard

Any ideas are appreciated.   :)

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Liane H

• http://
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 03:05:00 AM »
My sympathy is with you dear Brother. Loss is often hard even with things as I have cried when I have said goodbye to a faithful car several times and even my first computer which gave me the experience of a lifetime in cyberspace and on this forum.

Unfortunetely life does not stand still and things are changing and have to move on with those better things, or are they?

------------------
Liane, the Zoo Mama
Romans 8:19   For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Liane, the Zoo Mama
Romans 8:19   For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 07:40:00 AM »
Are they?  No, the problem is that we are losing control of our lives if we are not careful. Like insurance, these things can take all of your resources easily. There are when we must say "NO"!!

But now I am forced to move forward.  :)

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

JimB

• Servant
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 09:20:00 AM »
The only way good way that I know of to test power supplies or motherboards is hook up a known good one to one or the other.

However, there is risk involved. Sometimes, although rare, a bad MB can cause a PS to go bad... and vice-versa.

By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}