Author Topic: Windows ME  (Read 2236 times)

Liane H

• http://
Windows ME
« on: August 20, 2006, 07:02:00 PM »
As of July 11th this year Windows will no longer do updates for 98, 98 update or ME.

What are my options at this point for safety and protection of my computer. I am not sure I could handle anything newer as I have read all the problems with others with the newer versions.

I am at your mercy dear friends and members in the best choice in what do do.

------------------
The Zoo Mama
Romans:  8:19   For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Liane, the Zoo Mama
Romans 8:19   For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

JimB

• Servant
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
Windows ME
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2006, 07:24:00 PM »
Sister Liane, I would not worry too much about your situation. Most people who write viruses and worms and other malicious software write it for the most popular OS. Which happens to be Windows XP right now. Later this year or early next Microsoft will release Vista, thier newest OS in the windows family.

I would just keep your antivirus, anti-spyware, and firewall up to date. Sometimes the safest technology is the oldest.  :)

By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Liane H

• http://
Windows ME
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 03:19:00 AM »
Is Windows 2000 and ME the same thing or two different software?

Thanks,

------------------
Liane, the Zoo Mama
Romans 8:19   For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Liane, the Zoo Mama

JimB

• Servant
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
Windows ME
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 07:34:00 AM »
They are two different operating systems (pieces of software). Windows ME came out between Windows 98 and Windows 2000.
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}