Author Topic: Transfering??  (Read 3641 times)

Liane H

• http://
Transfering??
« on: December 15, 2005, 03:57:00 PM »
I have four 3 1/2 disc's with my friends book on them. She wants them transferred to a CD disk. I do not know what software program they are recorded on as it was so many years ago I did it for her and I cannot recall if it is Word Pro, Word Perfect or Microsoft Word.

I have both drives on my computer so can you give me a step by step in user friendly words in how to transfer the data from one disk to the next???

I know I have given you guys a lot to work on, but this would be helpful as part of a Christmas present for her.

Appreciate any help that I can get.

Liane, the Zoo Mama  

Liane, the Zoo Mama
Romans 8:19   For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

JimB

• Servant
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
Transfering??
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2005, 06:33:00 AM »
First, before we can even start down this road you need a CD-rom drive that will burn CD's. And you need software to do the burning. If you have that let me know and we can go from there.
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Liane H

Transfering??
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2005, 07:36:00 AM »
Hi Jim:

I have a CD drive, but not a burner CD drive. It is in my old computer and the new one has the old 3 1/2 drive and a CD drive.

Can I have a person take out from the old computer that burner drive and put it in my new computer??

Liane, the Zoo Mama

Liane, the Zoo Mama
Romans 8:19   For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

JimB

• Servant
Transfering??
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2005, 09:51:00 AM »
Yes, that is very do-able for a person who is familiar with master/slave settings on the different drives. Should be no problem. However, you'll also have to install the burning software that came with the burner.

It is probably called... "Easy Creator" or maybe "Nero".  If you don't have those there are a couple of burning software titles available free for the downloading and I can post links to those if need be.

By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Liane H

Transfering??
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2005, 10:54:00 AM »
Could I load these 3 1/2 disks onto my Microsoft Word. Then once there Copy them to my CD drive without a burner?

Liane, the Zoo Mama

Liane, the Zoo Mama

JimB

• Servant
Transfering??
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2005, 11:19:00 AM »
I'm sure that Word will let you load the files on the disks. However, CD's are not like disks. You can not save files to a CD unless the cd-rom is capable of burning.

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Transfering??
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2005, 07:02:00 PM »
Did you get your info on CDs, Sister Liane?

You can send them over the internet to someone with a burner if you don't have one.

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Liane H

Transfering??
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2005, 02:12:00 AM »
Yes I did.

I have a church member who has a burner CD drive and floppy disk drive and will do it for me.

Next year he will transfer my CD burner drive from my other computer and load up the burner CD software to this computer. Then I will be set.

So much to learn and know. I thought computers were complicated when I first started using them. I no knowledge then, but it sure changes faster than one can learn and I still am behind on all this happening and what I should know.

Thanks for this forum.

Liane, the Zoo Mama

Liane, the Zoo Mama