Author Topic: Testimonies of Letting Go and Letting God Take Over  (Read 3810 times)

Sister Marie

• May God's Light Shine On Us All
Testimonies of Letting Go and Letting God Take Over
« on: March 19, 2005, 09:41:00 PM »
Matthew 28:18--- Christ's commission- Go, teach and baptize all nations.

Mark 16:16--- Here Jesus teaches us that he who "believes the gospel and is baptized shall be saved". (Meaning those who are able to make the choice to be baptized and do so willingly. The thief on the cross was unable to be baptized even though he was saved. But given the chance he would have been baptized. Christ was baptized for those who are unable to be baptized).

James 2:20--- Faith without works is dead.

Romans 6:3--- Baptism is symbolic of a death to sin, with the burial of sins, guilt, and old life, followed by a resurrection to a new life. We become a new creature- following Jesus.

1Peter 2:21--- The Christian is to "follow the steps" of his Lord by following His example.

Acts 2:37,38--- Before baptism, there must fist be repentance of sin (Prov. 28:13).

Ephesians 4:4,5--- There is only one true method of Bible baptism.

Matthew 3:13-17--- Jesus was baptized by immersion (gently lowered beneath the water, and brought up again) to fulfill all righteousness.

1John 3:10--- If we do not righteousness, we are not of God.

John 3:23--- John baptized where there was much water-showing us that true baptism requires a lot of water (because of immersion principle).

Acts 8:36-38--- Philip baptized the Ethiopian Eunuch by immersion after he taught him.

2Thessalonians 2:10--- It's not enough just to be taught. We must also love the truth!

Romans 6:11--- When baptized, we are "dead to sin".

John 1:12,13--- When baptized and born again, we receive spiritual power to do God's will.

Acts 19:1-5--- Rebaptism is our privilege if we have been baptized in a way contrary to the Bible method, or if we have learned more truth and desire to show our love and loyalty to follow Jesus into further truth.

2Corinthians 11:2--- Baptism is like a wedding, we pledge to belong to Christ and love Him in sickness, health rich or poor, and forsake all others. We will grow and make mistakes, but with Jesus, we grow together.

Acts 22:16--- We will make mistakes as we grow as a Christian. However, our highest desire is to constantly walk in the light of truth and remain in committed relationship with Jesus.

------------------
With Christian Love,
Sister Marie

With Christian Love,
Marie

Sister Marie

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2005, 10:00:00 AM »
Some can't understand why I pay tithe of Social Security. But I know this is the thing to do.... and I have never been in a place that the Lord did not see me through. He stretches money like I can't believe. A good example ... I have been in a lot of pain and in the E.R. for nine hours. I needed to get some medication at Cosco's. (other places wanted $54-74 for the same thing)I called ahead and was told it would cost me only $11. By the time I got there I was in need of two medications (neither of which I have had to take other than two of them, blessing #2). A friend picked it up for me as I could not, and it cost, for the two of them, under $10) That is stretching the money. That is God's stepping in. I normally would not speak of money on the Sabbath, but this is in praise to God for His Goodness to tithe payers... especially those who are giving that which they need. When we give from off the top, even before rent or food, we put our live in God's hands to care for us every moment of our lives.  :)

------------------
With Christian Love,
Sister Marie

With Christian Love,
Marie

WendyForsyth

• http://
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2005, 06:41:00 PM »
That is a beautiful testimony Sister Glass. Thank you for sharing that.  :)
I have no doubt that God considers you to be one of His friends; otherwise He would not trust you with so many crosses, sufferings and humiliations. Crosses are God's means of drawing souls closer to Himself.

Fenelon

Mimi

• www.remnant-online.org
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 08:49:00 AM »
That is a great testimony, Sister Glass! God is faithful. I miss you! Come back as soon as you can!

I have a quick little testimony to give this morning. Fran called to ask if she could come by and get a hair trim. So during the trim, we had time to talk about various things. She asked, "So what are you studying?"

Anyone who has visited the End Times Prophecies forum knows what we have been studying lately: Daniel and Revelation, Seven Trumpets, the plagues, Armageddon, Turkey, the papacy, etc. Heavy stuff. So I wondered if I should really tell her or give her a generic answer, such as "The soon coming of Jesus."

Fran is completely closed to spiritual things, so it is my custom to avoid those topics until she brings them up, BUT ..... this morning, following the topic heading of  this thread - I let go and let God take over - whatever the consequence. Time is short. So I answered her question with all the details  discovered thus far. She was rapt in attention! Then she spotted the James White chart depicting the 2300 days, the Cross, empires, beasts and the woes hanging on the wall.

"What's that?" she asked. I explained it is a visual chart of prophecy. She said, "You are really into this!" I told her Jesus told us to read it and to understand it, so that is my aim.

The balance of the conversation was on the increasing wickedness of the world and that we have a Blessed Hope, Jesus. He will protect us and guide us through these last days. It was an excited and joyful conversation, one I hope she will contemplate and want to know more of.

Lord, save our children! And "Thank You" for putting it in my mind to open up and to trust You with my sweet daughter. It is not too late.  

------------------
Sybil
"In times like these, we have a Savior!"

For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psalm 119:89 

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2007, 09:47:00 AM »
We may indeed ask the Lord to contend with him who is contending with us and to save our children! Such a precious promise.

Heavenly Father, water the seeds planted by this loving mother in her daughter's heart that the fruit may be abundant, we pray in the precious name of Jesus, amen!

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Sister Marie

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2007, 05:59:00 PM »
Praise the Lord Sister Syble, This is indeed good news.  :)

I am still, after this drive across the U.S. so busy getting a living place ready. But will be at my sons most of the time I think.

Later I will get back here more. Love you all.  :)

------------------
With Christian Love,
Sister Marie

With Christian Love,
Marie

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2007, 08:20:00 PM »
Good to see you back, Dear Sister Marie!!  :) Glad you made it "home" safely!!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.