Author Topic: Angels & Miracles  (Read 2692 times)

Cop

Angels & Miracles
« on: March 28, 2006, 05:12:00 AM »
Recently I watched a program on secular TV about angels. It went into the Scriptures and brought out what they say of angels, their work, and mission. It showed where many, Christian and non-Christian, today still believe in angels and miracles. It also showed that many who profess to be Christians do not believe that angels are real.

The program interviewed five or six 'Christian' theologians at major universities as the educated authorities on the subject of angels and miracles. All but one of these so-called theologians, following the teachings of Man and psychology, repeatedly proclaimed that belief in angels is a "crutch" that people use, that angels do not exist, nor are there miracles that go contrary to "God's established laws" in the world. They stated that those who believe in such things have "mental problems" and need psychological counseling to help them cope with their "problems".

Do you believe in angels and miracles? Have you seen an angel? Have you seen a miracle that went contrary to the 'laws of nature'? Glorify the LORD and tell us about it.  

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
Angels & Miracles
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 11:27:00 AM »
Great topic, Brother Cop!

Too many "highly educated", especially the teachers have allowed their learning to obscure Christ and His truth. And, they are leading so many down the road to perdition.

Each day I see a miracle that goes contrary to the laws of nature, my nature. The greatest miracle I have ever seen is the change that Christ makes in my life!  :)

But, there are many miracles that God works daily for us. Many are not supernatural, but some are. That is they appear to work above the laws that we understand. Let us begin to  share them here in this topic.  :)

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Liane H

• http://
Angels & Miracles
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 10:56:00 AM »
Well I have had several experiences that I believe either can be called miracles or events with angels.

This never happened to me before I became a Seventh-day Adventist, but started from my first pastor and still to today I see them sometimes.

They are called Aura: an invisable emanation,  a particular quality surrounding a person or thing.

This would only happen at church and most often with the pastor when the sermon was being presented and/or a person who was singing a special music on the podium.

The colors that surrounded the person in question where from white, green, blue and yellow. And sometimes nothing would happen.

Only two people in the church know of this from me and they have never been able to explain why or how it was happening.

I have sat in different pews in the church to see if it was just reflective light and still they would appear. It has happened in other different SDA churches that I have visited.

Liane, the Zoo Mama  

Liane, the Zoo Mama
Romans 8:19   For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

WendyForsyth

Angels & Miracles
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2006, 04:41:00 PM »
Not to discount what you are reporting Sister Liane, but auras can also be a result of a head injury, Manic Depression (Bipolar), and also Schizophrenia. They are very common. Howard has had them since his accident and even some before because he is diagnosed bipolar.

I just want people to realize that it is something that needs to be investigated and can be diagnosed now with a PET scan.

God bless,
Wendy

I have no doubt that God considers you to be one of His friends; otherwise He would not trust you with so many crosses, sufferings and humiliations. Crosses are God's means of drawing souls closer to Himself.

Fenelon

Cop

Angels & Miracles
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2006, 07:14:00 PM »
[I have no doubts that unbelievers will attack what I am going to post and say, or insinuate, that I have mental problems, am a fanatic, deluded, or a liar. All I can say is, this is the truth!
"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned."]
=============================================

I believe in angels and have no doubts of their existence. I have seen angels and know that they were sent of God to help me and protect me from evil. I cannot deny that they are real any more than I can deny the existence of my children.

As a child, my immediate family was not particularly ‘religious’ and we only attended church occasionally. My religious training came primarily from my grandparents. My grandfather was a country pastor and from my earliest memories, I can still see him studying and praying. As a teenager, around fourteen years old, I became involved in football at school, motorcycles and girls. I had drifted away from the LORD and seldom attended church any longer.

My mother brought a board game for my younger sister. I had never heard of it before. It was called a Ouija(?) Board. We began playing with it and were surprised to find that it could actually tell us many things that were true. My sister and brother began to be frightened by it because of things that began to happen around and to us as we ‘played’ with it. I became so fascinated in it that soon I could “operate” it by myself, with only my fingers on it. Within a short time, I did not need to place my fingers on it. I would just sit before it and ask questions and the pointer would slide across the board and spell out the answers. The whole family was amazed, but none knew what it really was…a tool of Satan.

Soon I began to see dark forms around me at all times of the day and hear voices mumbling near me. I was drawn ever deeper into spiritism and began to believe I had special powers. I soon left the Ouija Board behind as I ‘advanced’ in my learning and powers and became involved in witchcraft. I began casting ‘spells’ and would talk to the ‘spirits’ that appeared around me. After a few years of sinking ever deeper into what I thought was a special knowledge, I was performing a ceremony to call up a very powerful spirit. I had learned of this from someone else and was told this spirit would give me ever-greater powers. As I performed the required words and actions, and the spirit drew near, I became terrified by the evil I was seeing, knew I was seeing something Satanic, and fled from it. I swore I would never again have anything to do with it.

To make a long story short…I continued to see the spirits around me. They would stand or float around me as I would sit, as I would be driving, etc., and speak to me but I refused to have any more to do with them. After I married, they stayed with me and moved into our home. My wife noticed that my eyes, and my dog’s, would follow things around the room that she could not see and, after several months of marriage, asked what I was looking at. I told her and she became frightened, but over time, became used to it.

(To be continued)

------------------
"Seek not to grow in knowledge chiefly for the sake of applause, and to enable you to dispute with others; but seek it for the benefit of your souls, and in order to practice....Practice according to what knowledge you have. This will be the way to know more...[According to Ps. 119:100] 'I understand more than the ancients, because I keep thy precepts.'"  JONATHAN EDWARDS

WendyForsyth

Angels & Miracles
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2006, 02:53:00 PM »
Brother Cop,

Is this your experience or Jonathon Edwards since there is a quote from him at the bottom.

I have no doubt that this experience is true. It is very hard to discern what is angelic or satanic, or mental illness.

Howard sees things/people, etc. to this day. He'll be talking to me and looking over my shoulder and his eyes will dart back and forth. We think he has schizophrenia or bipolar but it also could easily be evil spirits tormenting him. They tormented him to the point where he tried to stab me and then harmed our daughter. But really it is hard to know what is what.

When someone takes medicine for these disorders does it help or does it simply block the pathways for the spirits to reach the person? I don't know.

I do know that God does send his angels to help us continuously. These occurences take many forms and sometimes we don't even know they've been there to help us. But they do.

There is a very active spirit world on both sides and we need to be deep into the word constantly so that we will not be deceived by the wrong spirits.

I have no doubt that God considers you to be one of His friends; otherwise He would not trust you with so many crosses, sufferings and humiliations. Crosses are God's means of drawing souls closer to Himself.

Fenelon

Cop

Angels & Miracles
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2006, 09:24:00 PM »
A few years later, I was led to surrender to Jesus Christ by an uncle who was a pastor. I accepted Jesus as my Savior and gave my heart to Him. I was not a SDA, nor had I ever heard of,  SDA’s, but through prayer and study, became convinced that what I had been involved in was of Satan. I asked God’s forgiveness for being a part of such evil and He gave me of His Grace. Soon, through studying, I was convinced that the Sabbath had not been changed, went looking for a church that observed the true Sabbath and found the Adventist Church. As I studied the teachings of the SDA Church, I had no doubt that God loved me and was leading me. But now Satan began to attack me.

At night, dark forms began gathering around my bed. Voices would speak and demand I surrender to Satan. They would promise me many things and great power if I would cooperate with them. This would go on through most of the night and I received very little rest, except as I cried out to Christ for help. My wife never awoke nor heard anything that was taking place around her, but began noticing how tired I was. When I told her why, she did not believe me. Every night it became worse and worse and the dark forms became more threatening towards me. I many times attempted to wake my wife, but even my violently shaking and yelling at her would not awaken her.

This continued for several weeks and became ever more frightening. The spirits of the devil began to threaten to take control, or possession, of my body or else kill me if I did not willingly serve them. I would sometimes fall asleep from exhaustion and then awake to find myself floating above the bed. Other times, I would awake to find that it was as if “I” was being pushed into a small part of my body and another being was gaining control. I would struggle and fight against this power, refusing to surrender, and call to Jesus for help. He always answered my cry and came to my rescue. Then, for the remainder of the night, I could sleep. The dark forms then began to threaten my family unless I gave in to them. They said they would cause my wife to leave me and they would kill our child, a three-year-old daughter, if I continued to resist them.

Within a few days, she became seriously ill and was admitted to the hospital. My wife would stay with her all day, and after work, I would relieve her for a few hours. When I returned home every night, I could feel the evil that was around it. I would sit out in my vehicle, sometimes for hours, in fear of what was inside. After preparing myself, I would finally enter the house. The moment I stepped through the door, darkness and cold would surround me. The spirits would laugh and tell me all was lost, that I knew I could not resist them, that they would win and there was no hope. All night, until I called to the LORD to help me, there was horror, fear, and hopelessness around me. They now began to approach me in a way that was more fearful than before. I now knew that they were going to win or ”I” was, that the war for my soul was approaching the final battle.

One night I took a shower after returning from the hospital. As I turned off the water and reached for the shower curtain, I heard the bathroom door open. I immediately felt a coldness and evil enter the room. I heard a horrible sound coming from ‘something’ as it approached me, telling me I was going to die now. My hand had remained on the shower curtain, but I could not open it. I had no doubt at all that I would die if I looked upon whatever it was that was standing there. It seemed as if all strength had left me as I slid to my knees and called to Jesus for protection. The ‘thing’ laughed and told me he would wait there for me. I felt safe in the shower, but could not open the curtains out of fear. I fell asleep there and woke the next morning. I knew before I opened the curtain that the being was gone. These things went on for over a week as my daughter remained in the hospital. Through prayer, my dear Lord Jesus restored my child’s health.

(To be continued)

------------------
"Seek not to grow in knowledge chiefly for the sake of applause, and to enable you to dispute with others; but seek it for the benefit of your souls, and in order to practice....Practice according to what knowledge you have. This will be the way to know more...[According to Ps. 119:100] 'I understand more than the ancients, because I keep thy precepts.'"  JONATHAN EDWARDS

Liane H

Angels & Miracles
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2006, 05:08:00 AM »
Brother Cop:

Thank you for sharing your testimony of this this time in your life. These types of situations have happened to many, you are not alone in this experience.

Sharing helps others that may be in a similar situation. Sad to say there are many Christians that are possessed by or are hinder by demons and satan.

Liane, the Zoo Mama  

Liane, the Zoo Mama
Romans 8:19   For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

WendyForsyth

Angels & Miracles
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2006, 03:15:00 PM »
Brother Cop, your experience is almost identical to what Howard went through. He was tormented until he finally tried to stab me, he said because it would make them stop. They also tormented him to do other things. Far worse. I think probably the accident left him with not much to resist with.

God is good and has rescued him and is leading him down a different pathway, prayer is always needed though.

I am thankful you and your family are safe today.

God bless

Fenelon