Author Topic: Personal Testimonies  (Read 109131 times)

Dugald T Lewis MD

• Moderator at Rest
    • http://www.drdugaldlewis.com
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #200 on: March 16, 2001, 04:15:00 PM »
Its always a joy to read of the goodness of our Lord.
DTL

DavidTBattler

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #201 on: March 19, 2001, 07:10:00 PM »
Hello Brethren

I have enjoyed reading these testimonies.  Rev.12:11, and 1 Jo.1:1-3 comes to mind, as the Word's confirmation of threads like this.

I have been known to "brag" that "I always have something to say about Jesus, and now is no exception.

I have been hit very hard this last year, being viciously attacked by the enemy on every side, and I have had moments where all hope had vanished...but I have set my face like a flint to worship Jesus anyway; and one thing I have been trying lately, is to sing songs in my head, as soon as I start to feel hopeless.

I have been working in a commercial setting, with a few other contractors, this last week, and have had to endure long days of rock & roll on a radio there...but I have picked out one song to sing over and over in my mind, anytime things start happening, and it is amazing.

Today, one of the guys came up to me and was quite bold about it, I thought, and he said:  "You look so happy and peaceful.  You really look happy, calm and relaxed. I want to be like that someday."

What a shocker, after all I have been through lately...but hey, the name of the song I picked, was not by any group like The Rock Machine, but my "new song," is an old song, about a rock...actually, about THE Rock.  

The song is called: "Jesus Is The Cornerstone!"

After a work day like today; I am convinced more than ever that Jesus is the Cornerstone of the SDA Church!   :)

(please pray for this fellow, as he wants to keep in touch...this was my last day at that job).

------------------
"...We believe that through the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, we shall be saved..."  (Acts 15:11).

Your brother in Christ

David T. Battler

Liane H

• http://
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #202 on: March 20, 2001, 07:28:00 PM »
Hi David:

Just one seed at a time, that is all we need.

He indeed will be in mine and as others read their prayers as well.

Liane

Liane, the Zoo Mama
Romans 8:19   For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #203 on: March 20, 2001, 07:48:00 PM »
Brother David, we will pray for him and you. Life is hard sometimes, but we can glory in our tribulation as we rest in Christ.  :)

Richard

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

DavidTBattler

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #204 on: March 24, 2001, 12:38:00 AM »
Richard And Others

How on earth do we "glory in our tribulation?"  Is that possible?  Please enlighten.  If there is a thread dealing with this kind of thing, please let me know.

------------------
"...We believe that through the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, we shall be saved..."  (Acts 15:11).

Your brother in Christ

David T. Battler

[This message has been edited by DavidTBattler (edited 03-24-2001).]

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #205 on: March 24, 2001, 06:15:00 AM »
Brother David, the topic has been started in the Bread of Life forum.  :) Happy Sabbath.

Richard

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

DavidTBattler

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #206 on: April 13, 2001, 11:25:00 AM »
"And [David T Battler] called on the God of Israel, saying: 'O that Thou wouldest bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast, and that Thine hand might be with me, and that Thou wouldest keep me from the evil, that it may not grieve me!"  (1 Chron.4:10).

Hello everyone.  I have disappeared for a while.  I had to go into a deep, dark valley.  I was on two physician described drugs, (very poweful ones), for almost two years, and I decided that God was going to be the one to do what these drugs are purported to do.  The above Scripture was my constant prayer.

Today, it is my birthday; I am writing with a clear mind, and I am drug free!  I am praising the Lord all the way - even though the last few weeks has been tough; there has been a signal victory in Jesus here.

I know that brother Richard has been praying for me; and if anyone else was, I thank you for your prayers.

If anyone reading this is currently having a drug problem; know that there is victory in Jesus!  But you must give YOURSELF completely over to Him; that He might take charge of those dark recesses of the mind, which create the need for drugs of many kinds.

I'm glad to be back to TRO & will look forward to the Lord's work here.

And, isn't it fitting that the above Scripture I quoted ends thus: "And God granted [David T Battler] that which he requested."

Can we say "Amen!" loud enough people!   :)

------------------

Your brother in Christ

David T. Battler

Wendy

• http://www.megspace.com/religion/cainan/
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #207 on: April 13, 2001, 05:32:00 PM »
Amen David  :)
WendyL ~ Maranatha!:)

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #208 on: April 13, 2001, 09:42:00 PM »
 :)  Amen!! and Happy Sabbath, my friend!  God is GOOD!   It is a spiritual battle.  In Him we find our all.  Thank you for sharing this powerful testimony, Brother David.  It will be an encouragement to us all!

Richard

Clive Nevell

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #209 on: May 03, 2001, 02:32:00 AM »
Our youngest son Raymond turned 9 on the 2nd May. We praise the Lord for his life.
When he was 18 months old he had an accident that coul;d have changed his life for ever. After I finished feeding the animals on the 31st December 1993, Ray always came with me and helped as best he could. I went into the house and then asked my wife where was Ray? Things seemed to be still, no noise. She had not seen Ray and that made me to think that something may be wrong. Looking through the house he was not to be found. I sensed something was not right. Going down the front steps I heard a faint groan and looked towards the direction that I had heard it come from and seen Ray at the bottom of our back door way. The door had been left unlocked and with no back steps Ray went over. He landed on some dirt that was not very large, about 15" across. That was all the clear dirt  around about where he fell. I had been building the area up with broken bricks and concrete. All the damage he got was a small graze on his cheek bone.
I believe that it was a miracle to land where he did and have no real damage done to him. Nine years later there are no side effects from it at all.
Blessings
Clive

Michelle

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #210 on: May 04, 2001, 05:28:00 AM »
We were talking about miracles and angels' intervention on another thread, and Joan asked me to post mine here.

I was riding my horse (whom I later found out was
                  going blind) down a hill. I was riding bareback and running him down--a very small hill
                  and I had done this before. He stumbled and fell and off I went, in front of him. I
                  looked up and saw his foot coming straight for my face. I closed my eyes and
                  blacked out. When I came to, I was in a different place and my horse was below me
                  calmly eating grass. I had a concussion and had a difficult time getting back on him
                  because I was so woozy--basically held on to his mane with both hands and let him
                  go back home. But I've never forgotten that.  I'm convinced that my angel either moved me or got in between me and my horse's foot to keep me from being crushed.

Another horse experience--I was working for the summer at a training stable. There
                  was a stud colt I was afraid of, because he was spoiled and mean. he'd bite, kick, or
                  do whatever he could. The trainer was a big guy who intimidated the horse, but he's
                  the only one who could bluff the horse. I had to clean his stall once--I usually tied
                  him when I had to do this, but the trainer had told me to stop this, just to yell at the
                  horse. So I was trying this. I yelled at him to move over (just like the trainer did) and
                  instead he laid his ears back, bared his teeth, and started coming right at me. The
                  last thing I saw was those open teeth coming at my face. I closed my eyes, and
                  when I opened them, he was on the other side of the stall. I got out of there fast
                  and was shaking so hard I had to sit for a while. I have no doubt that was my angel
                  shutting his mouth.

The angels have always been with me with my horses and with other things I've been involved with.  I praise God for this.

Liane H

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #211 on: May 04, 2001, 08:24:00 PM »
Hi Michelle:

There were two instances in driving my car  that I will never forget.

I was driving my car behind a pickup truck that had stacked hay in the back.

A voice said to move over. I listen to that little voice and just as I did, the hay starting falling off the truck onto the freeway, unfortunately the cars that were behind it crashed right into the hay.

The second time a voice said to get away from a stationwagon car that had several roles of carpet in the back. Again, just as I did it, the carpets starting falling on the freeway.
Other cars were lucky this time.

Liane

Liane  

Liane, the Zoo Mama
Romans 8:19   For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

DavidTBattler

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #212 on: May 12, 2001, 04:29:00 PM »
This has been quite the Sabbath.  Last night I was asked by a friend to look after their kids, and take them to church today.

At first I didn't want to do it, because it would "interupt my plans."

I couldn't seem to escape the impression that God wanted me to drop my plans, and do this favor for someone in need.  So my wife and I took these two children to church.

It was a really nice morning, and we felt very blessed by the Lord at church.  When we were back home, eating lunch; the three year old we were looking after had a very sudden, and very serious, life threatening emergency.

Twice, while waiting for the ambulance, and trying to do all the things I learned in nursing; I thought the little fellow was dead; but through the tears; I prayed and worked on him as best as I could...

Later, after I had located the parents, and I walked into the emergency department, and the little guy that we were all so worried about was yelling at the nurses to get the IV out of his arm!

The only thing I could think of to say was "Is it ever nice to hear you crying and screaming!"   :)

Had I not been willing to step out of my little comfort zone, and help out this friend, the little one would have been looked after by someone who wouldn't have known what to do.  It is frightening to think how many opportunities for God I may have missed, because of my unwillingness to listen to, and respond to Him.

I just want to praise the Lord for all He has done this Sabbath Day...for saving this little boy's life, and for being willing to drop everything; including His own Son, to save one such as I/you/us.   :)

------------------
"Know the grace of God in Truth."  (Col.1:6).

Your brother in Christ

David T. Battler

Wendy

• http://www.megspace.com/religion/cainan/
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #213 on: May 12, 2001, 04:34:00 PM »
Hi David, what an amazing story, my knees get wobbly just reading about something like that.

It truly was the intervention of God that you were there.   :)

------------------
WendyL ~ Maranatha! :)

[This message has been edited by Wendy (edited 05-12-2001).]

WendyL ~ Maranatha!:)

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #214 on: May 12, 2001, 06:55:00 PM »
Thank you for sharing, Brother David!  God is good!  :)  Not my will, but thine be done. We will always be thankful for obeying that still small voice.

Richard

D.B. Thomas

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #215 on: May 30, 2001, 11:56:00 PM »
I want to take a moment to praise the Lord for the many miraculous ways He has provided for me in this last few weeks.

Truly, our God must be famous for His "last minute solutions!"

"I love the Lord, because He has heard my voice!"  (Ps.116:1).

------------------
"For surely, I shall command, and will sift the house of Israel; YET NOT THE SMALLEST GRAIN SHALL FALL TO THE GROUND!"  (Amos 9:9).

D.B. Thomas

[This message has been edited by D.B. Thomas (edited 05-30-2001).]

"I will mention the loving-kindness of the Lord, and the praises of the Lord; according to all that the Lord has bestowed upon us."  (Isa.63:7).
"Let the preciousness, mercy, and glory of Jesus Christ be dwelt upon; for Christ formed within, IS THE HOPE OF GLORY."  (1S.M. pg. 158).

D.B. Thomas

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #216 on: June 01, 2001, 11:29:00 AM »
Amen, Brother DB.  :)

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #217 on: June 06, 2001, 10:22:00 AM »
We are all guilty of not sharing more of our experiences that God gives us continually as we walk with Him. Forgive me. Time is precious, but a testimony of what God is doing in our lives is one of the most beneficial things we can do with our time.

Last night I received a call from a Mormon friend.  He has been visiting with me for the last six months or so and we have been blessed each visit. We always pray together before he leaves. He always brings another one or two of His brothers with him. He is a brother in the Lord and has been patient in allowing me to share.

He called last night to tell me that he will be leaving the area. He is a young man doing his missionary work.  I am continually reminded that we are to be out doing the same. Jesus sent His disciples out two by two. We, who have the truth, ought to be more excited to visit from door to door, as our Mormon friends are doing.

It has been a blessing to have the opportunity to witness to this young man. Please join me in praying for him, that the Holy Spirit will water the seed planted and that he will continue his search for truth and will one day help us to finish the work.  :)

Richard

jherbertthompson

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #218 on: June 18, 2001, 05:09:00 PM »
Friend's.  I would like to testify to the power of God through witnessing...

This past weekend I was priviledged to attend a seminar at the Southern Adventist University with Elder Mark Finley.  This was the most electrifying seminar I have ever been to, and the most informative.

I think that the one thing which sticks in my mind is that we must start "where we are, and with that 'old, dirty stick' so-to-speak" and God will richly bless our efforts!

God bless all who share His Good Tidings, and our Blessed Hope with other's!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #219 on: June 24, 2001, 09:40:00 AM »
One of the blessings this last Sabbath came from a lady who has been attending a Seventh-day Adventist church for a number of years. She and her son attended a health seminar we put on for one of our churches. We were visiting this church yesterday and she shared that her son is now discussing becoming a vegetarian. We need to always keep in mind that we are planting and the Holy Spirit will water. We shall not see in this world much of the fruit of our labours. Jesus saw little before His death.  Let us keep our eyes focused upon Christ and continue planting good seed, knowing His Word will not return void.  :)

Richard