Author Topic: Personal Testimonies  (Read 109136 times)

Dugald T Lewis MD

• Moderator at Rest
    • http://www.drdugaldlewis.com
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #160 on: January 09, 2001, 07:57:00 PM »
Dear Wendy,
Just remember to read Isaiah 43; 1-3.
Sincerely
Dugald

Clive Nevell

• http://
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #161 on: January 22, 2001, 07:15:00 PM »
Surprise.
During the recenr Xmas break we had some excess vegetables so we set up a small road side stall to sell them. One particular day a car came in and I thought it was someone I knew. A closer look I could tell it was not the person I thought it was. When the car stopped the driver called "Phil" I then knew it was the older brother of the person I had thought it to be.
We shook hands and was introduced to his friend, called my wife over and told her he was my brother-law's nephew. We asked them in and got talking and found out he was walking with the Lord again. Last time Ihad seen him was over 25 years ago . he was then in a very bad way having come off his motor bike, being on drugs and grog. Suffered brain damage aand was very badly knocked around. They told us a great story. Before setting out from Brisbane they had prayed for protection and guidence as they travelled. Coming into Aratula they went to the Hotel/Motel and asked for Phil Nevell. Being knew owners they did not know the name. They were after some farm fresh veges and we were the first one they had came across from Brisbane. That is what brought them into us.
The good Lord had answered their prayer in directing them to us. they told us it was the best day of all their holidays. They were with uis for 2 hours and after prayer went on their way to Sydney.
A real surprise for us and them.
Will tell more as time permits.
Clive

[This message has been edited by Clive Nevell (edited 01-23-2001).]

Joan Rügemer

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #162 on: January 23, 2001, 12:03:00 AM »
 I just love your stories, Clive  :) You are such a people loving person. With this one, and the other stories also, I get all smiles to see how the Lord just keeps sending people by to where you are for a touch of heavenly loving. And in ways beyound the control of people planning.

..oh, yes..I take it that 'grugs' is a form of Australian chemical substances for getting a 'high' (TIC.. ;D ) You'all sure do have ya own codes words for things, now don't chyah?  :)  :)

++joan++

Edward F. Sutton

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #163 on: January 23, 2001, 12:36:00 AM »
Hi Wendy

Perhaps this story from the 1940's will help as your Dad is currently handicapped.

Actually he is now better equiped to reach the healthcare people around him ,now than he has ever been before - as long a he focuses on what Jesus can do in him & through him.

Diamondola Keneties died of Typus in WW-2 Greece/Turkey area. Elder Paul Tharkian was called & he prayer & God raised her up again after three days dead. That is only the secondary part of the story. The primal part of the story is that she retained a huge spinal abcess from the typus. It took nine months to heal. During those nine months she quit asking "why" and started & continued focusing on God & her personal devotions ect.  She had a private (non christian ?) female nurse. She insisted on kneeling morning & evening for devotions & the nurse was always with her. At the end of her convalesence the nurse was a "born again converted SDA."

Your father is not out of the ministry, if he will turn to God and leave the "why's for God to answer someday & focus on God now and determine to keep focusing on God always; he will unconsciously minister to all his healthcare attendants & personel from MD's to housecall staff.

He will not be out of the ministry, his ministry will be refocused within a tighter harder to reach circle. God will be allowing him to represent Him through the vehicle of his sickness & suffering to a group he could never have reached. They will not listen to doctrines untill the character of Christ conqueres the slavery of chronic pain and the weaknesses of a human character and spirit tempted to give in to all the evils offering themselves to be focused on. as Jesus shines into your Dad, He will glow bright enough to get past the morphine and the old life and the pain of the present and reach inside that health care team one by one.

As medical personel work with suffering people, barriers are setup so the medical person can function. However this creats a certain kind of internal "unreachability" in that person. As those medical people work with someone over time the chronic nature of the illness affords opportunity for that worker and person to get attached and bypass that supposedly needed detachment. Here is where love and grace in suffering go to work to prepare the medical person to beging to believe and seek after what this patient has.

Bye for now.

------------------
Ed Sutton

Ed Sutton

M.A. Crawford

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #164 on: January 23, 2001, 08:20:00 AM »
I have been greatly moved in a special way by the testimonies I have read. They have been a blessing to me and demonstrate how much God loves us and will give us what we stand in need of when He sees a willing heart in each of us to order our lives after His Word.

What I appreciate about salvation most is the fact that one can come to Jesus just as he/she is. One does not have to wait until one has "gotten right" or has cleaned oneself up because one cannot do either. It is the POWER OF GOD, when we accept Christ by way of the Holy Spirit, that causes us to grow in grace--with the key word being GROW. Just as one does not go from being a 140 lb. weakling to a 220 lb. "he-man" overnight, so it is with growing in grace and becoming what God would have us to be. It takes time! Mistakes will be made along the way. We will stumble and fall. Many tears will be shed. But through it all, just as "His eye is on the sparrow," if we will remain steadfast and determined to do God's Will, no thing or no one shall prevail against us, and we will be victorious in the end.  

May God continue to give us what we stand in need of as we honestly and faithfully seek to become more and more like Christ in our everyday living.

M.A.    

M.A.

Clive Nevell

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #165 on: January 23, 2001, 09:47:00 AM »
I have just had the time to read some of the testimonies, take courage Wendy, it is sure great to read your story, makes one humble when others are brought to the Lord in a special way.

It is 4.30 am here and no distraction yet and will continue on from yesterday.

An older couple came in and by their dress I could tell that they were (good) different. Didn't have the courage to ask them outright if they were SDA's but talked to them and found they were on the way to Stanthorpe, about 100 ks towards Sydney from us. I said to them we often have people from Stanthorpe call in and asked by chance if they knew the Enterman family. They said yes, knew both David and Allan from Stanthorpe. I was certain now that I could ask them if they were SDA's. No surprise that they were. Again I called my wife over and told her who they were. It just seems that when people come in that they look different when they are SDA's.
Another time a van pulled in very slowly and coming down the drive way I could reconize the passenger as a person who I had met at Big Camp a few years ago. She had come to our house to run a Branch Sabbath School when I was about 5 years old at Morisset near Avondale. She was student there and came out with other students to hold meetings at our place. That is just about 45 years ago and she still remembers the good times of coming out and teaching the kids in the area. Elva paints post cards now and calls into road side stalls and leaves small books and tracts about our work. She is a very good artist and left one with us. She paints an original and then colour photo copies them and sells them to help her in her ministry. Again we had prayer with them before they left.
The Lord has blessed abundantly even though I have been off line for some weeks.
Our dam is finished, Heather's dam is also finished (church member behind us)there are some clouds in the sky this morning as the sun comes up.
I even had door opened so I could talk to brother Ray last night about why there is suffering in the world today, pray that I will say the right things. He does not claim to be a Christian but in his acts he is kind and considerate. Suffers much pain with his medical problems, has had an ulcer on his leg for over 20 years and now it is causing some concern to the Drs. It may have to come off if it can not be cured. He needs our prayers.
Clive

WendyForsyth

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #166 on: January 23, 2001, 05:03:00 PM »
Thank you so much Brothers Sutton, Crawford, and Nevill! What wonderful support. It is so encouraging to come back to this thread and find that people are still here supporting me in so many ways. I am going to pass this on to my father as well, as I believe he will be greatly blessed. God be with all of you.

Wendy
--------------
Maranatha!!!

I have no doubt that God considers you to be one of His friends; otherwise He would not trust you with so many crosses, sufferings and humiliations. Crosses are God's means of drawing souls closer to Himself.

Fenelon

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #167 on: January 24, 2001, 08:51:00 AM »
The Lord blessed me yesterday. I met a man who sells bicycles and tricycles for the handicapped. Some are made so that one can pedal with their hands rather than feet. What a blessing. I am going to help him get his work on the internet. It turns out that he is a JW. We have much in common in that we see our lives are blessed as labour to help others. He is greatly blessed as he helps those in need.

Pray for my new friend. His name is Dave.  :)

Richard

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Joan Rügemer

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #168 on: January 24, 2001, 09:04:00 AM »
Yes, I know those bikes. We had them more on the paths about ten years ago as they were first coming out. I don't see much of them now were I live.

Lovely of you to have made contact with a sprirtually sensitive type. I bet you'll be having the grandest time sharing with him as time goes by. Do tell later about the knots of perculiarities needing to get unraveled when openly sharing. My days with my JW's connections have come to and end. But I will pray that the communication remains rewarding for the both of you  :)

:) Joan  :)

Clive Nevell

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #169 on: January 24, 2001, 09:26:00 AM »
If all SDA's worked as hard as the JW's we would have an army of workers to finish the work. God bless you Richard as you work with your new friend.
Last night brother Ray went to bed reading Great Controversy, If you knew him you would never thought such a thing would be possible. I gace him the book and asked him to read the chapter on the "Origins of Evil" page 492-504. When I called in later he was reading them. I pray that the Lord will be able to speak to him through these pages.
I hope that your father feels better when he knows that there are many people praying for him, Wendy.
Clive

Filipe Reis

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #170 on: February 15, 2001, 12:03:00 PM »
  Dear friends all over the world!
 It's in great joy that I return here again after some time away. Once more, I'll tell you some more news about our work here in Portugal, and how the Lord is blessing us!
 As most of you might know, some of us here were planning to open a new church in a place called Pedroso. There was settled a date: 20th January as the great opening day. And so it was! Thank God that no matter what the enemy could find to delay us, His temple is now a reallity, that makes us very happy.
 If you had the chance to read one of my previous posts, you'll know that for some years, I was away from church. Jesus holded my hand and led me again on the right path. I returned to church and tryed each day to be more close to heaven. I felt Him calling me for this challenge: a new church rising from the begining! So, I went there. And our Pastor along with our Church Counsil decided that I should be Sabbath School Director! What a bless! Thank God for the way He's been running my life, and making me feel that I'm growing to be right on His side some day!
 We started last Sabbath morning. All was very good, and God is certainly pleased with us.
 I can't forget your answers to my praying requests concerning Pedroso's church. Thank you very much! I won't take much more time thanking you, because soon, when Jesus come to pick us up, I'll have the eternity to do it. But meanwhile, please pray for me, and for Raquel Almeida, Debora Ferreira and Joana Duarte, who are the three lovely gilrs who make part of my team.
 I'm also the communications director. If you like to contact our department, by any reason, please do. A word of encouragement, anything, I'll be happy to transmit it to the church. Thay'll be delighted to know that again, there are people from all over the world praying from them. Please write to: depcom.pedroso@net.sapo.pt
 That's all for know. A special hi to dear friend Laurie Mosher, and if not here, see you all when Jesus comes to pick us!!
 He'll be here soon! Isn't that wonderfull?
 Filipe Reis, Portugal.

Liane H

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #171 on: February 15, 2001, 06:40:00 PM »
It seems as if the windows of heaven are opening all over the world and I praise the Lord for all His blessings.

I too am overjoyed with the fact that I will be starting a health ministry in my own community in my church. It has been my dream for six months to start this ministry after I had gotten diabetes and asked the Lord to help me over come the diabetes and do something worth while in His name.

Starting in April of this year we will be opening our doors to the community in a health ministry work. The help of Laurie Mosher with the Abundant Living vidoes, and the help of Dr. Ludington's son for the books Dynamic Living with the reduced price we will have the books and workbooks to distribute to the people that come to our meetings.

Dreams do come true with the Lord and with His blessing I pray that I will be able to help others as He has helped me.

Liane  :)  

Liane, the Zoo Mama
Romans 8:19   For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Joan Rügemer

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #172 on: February 15, 2001, 10:59:00 PM »
I am so blessed to see how the love of Filepe has motivated him to lead the group of believers to a church building for corporate worship. May the grace of God continue in your fellowship and learning together.

Liane, you are really doing the right thing with this offer to others for a group meeting to talk about healthful living to avoid sickness or to gather more information to eliminate the the body ailment that's already there. Thank you for planning to give us more info as it progresses  :)

Joan

adventbeliever

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #173 on: February 16, 2001, 02:40:00 PM »
Please accept the following as my personal testimony as to how, after many years of long and painful investigations, I was finally made able to better appreciate what inspiration identifies as "The true religion, the only religion of the bible." T.M.468.
THE 1888 MESSAGE

In May of 1889, a few months after the 1888 Minneapolis Conference, the Lord sent a Testimony to His people saying that the matter of salvation, though simple, was still not understood: "The matter of salvation is just as simple as ABC. But we dont understand it." May 11,1889, Manuscript 1,1889. (F.W.64)

Then, in September of the same year, this Testimony was heard: "Not one in one hundred understands the Bible truth on this subject that is so necessary to our present and eternal welfare." RH Sept.3,1889 (1SM 360)

Sixty-one years later, Short and Wieland, in their first edition of their 1888 Message Re-Examined, 1950, p.242,243, made this astonishing declaration: "Many in the church today and even in the world are trying to discover the light which God revealed to His people in 1888. NO ONE HAS SO FAR BEEN SUCCESSFUL. Religious leaders are yearning for something no one clearly understands though it would seem that a few are on the verge of discovery."

Another thirty-seven years went by and Short and Wieland published their second edition of THE 1888 MESSAGE RE-EXAMINED. On page 184 is found the same, reiterated admission: "It would seem that 1888 presents a problem unique in the history of God's confrontations with His people. There seems to be a PRECIOUS LIGHT involved therein that seems MORE ELUSIVE THAN ANY in the history of past ages."

As for myself, I graduated as a theology student in 1981 being determined to search for this precious light. I worked as a pastor for about two years and then joined an independent ministry being convinced it was the sole expositor of this precious message only to prepare myself for a great disappointment. I learned many new and fascinating things while studying with this group of people until I began studying A.T. Jones's lectures given at the 1893 and 1895 General Conference Sessions. I then realized, to my dismay, that there was something definitely wrong with some of the claims of the movement I had joined and worked for as a Bible instructor for about four years.

I was left with no other choice but to return to the church I had left a few years before. I attended church sporadically concentrating on my studies at home. I spent much of my time digging into the writings of Jones and Waggoner and the SOP over the next twelve years. Finally, in January of 1999, my eyes were opened! All it took was one lone statement hidden away in a chapter of the book Patriarchs and Prophets. It was then that I realized for the first time, after all these years, how simple but precious was the 1888 message! I kept asking myself how such a simple message could have remained so elusive to the church for so long!

It was in January of 1999 that I decided to read Patriarchs and Prophets all over again. The precious light dawned on me while I was reading page 203. Shortly after, I was impressed with another statement from Testimonies to Ministers which would prove beyond any shadow of doubt that I had finally been made to begin to see and appreciate the 1888 message in all its simplicity and beauty. It is indeed the most precious message ever sent to God's people since the days of Pentecost.

The statement I read from Patriarchs and Prophets was this one: "As dangers surround them, and despair seizes upon the soul, they must DEPEND SOLELY UPON THE MERITS OF THE ATONEMENT. We can do nothing of ourselves. In all our helpless unworthiness we must TRUST IN THE MERITS OF THE CRUCIFIED AND RISEN SAVIOR. NONE WILL EVER PERISH WHILE THEY DO THIS." Notice how the emphasis is on trusting in the MERITS of Christ as our only hope for time and eternity!

And then the statement from Testimonies to Ministers: "How long will you hate and despise the messengers of God's righteousness. God has given them HIS MESSAGE. They bear THE WORD of the Lord: THERE IS SALVATION FOR YOU BUT ONLY THROUGH THE MERITS OF JESUS CHRIST." p.96,97.

Short and Wieland had stated that "The reception of the Holy Spirit was implicit in the reception of the message itself." What was the message? "THERE IS SALVATION FOR YOU BUT ONLY THROUGH THE MERITS OF JESUS CHRIST." This sentence was followed with these very words: "The Holy Spirit has been offered to you again and again." Ibid, 97.

Notice how is described the work of Christ in the sanctuary above: "The intercession of Christ in our behalf is that of PRESENTING HIS DIVINE MERITS in the offering of Himself before the Father as our Substitute and Surety... Christ added His intercession. He claimed the gift of the Spirit that He might pour it upon His people." F.W.105; A.A.37.

In an article of the Signs of the Times, July 4, 1892, Ellen White stated the matter of salvation in these simple words: "Present your case before God PLEADING THE MERITS OF THE BLOOD that was shed for you on Calvary's cross... THIS IS YOUR ONLY PLEA." We have no merit or goodness whereby we may claim salvation but it is our privilege to APPROPRIATE TO OURSELVES the ALL-SUFFICIENT MERITS of the ALL-ATONING BLOOD of the spotless Lamb of God. "Our door-post must be marked by the atoning blood, thus acknowledging our OWN INFEFFICIENCY and the MERITS of the LAMB OF GOD." 2 ST 228.

These statements make it crystal clear that "The ONLY FAITH that will BENEFIT us is that which embraces Him as a personal Savior: WHICH APPROPRIATES HIS MERITS TO OURSELVES." D.A.347.

In the book Steps to Christ this matter is, again, stated in these simple words: "The MERITS of His sacrifice are SUFFICIENT to present to the Father in our behalf." S.C. 35. It is court week with us. The merits of the blood of Christ is our only plea!

In the book Acts of the Apostles, this truth is stated in a most beautiful graphic way: "We see in the midst of the throne One bearing in hands and feet and side the marks of the suffering endured to reconcile man to God. We see a Father, infinite, dwelling in light unapproachable, yet RECEIVING US to Himself through the MERITS of His Son." A.A. 333.

Hence these words: "Unless he makes it his lifebusiness to BEHOLD the uplifted Savior and ACCEPT His MERITS which it is his PRIVILEGE TO CLAIM, the sinner CAN NO MORE BE SAVED than Peter could walk upon the water unless he kept his eyes fixed steadily upon Jesus." T.M.95.

Therefore "We must DAILY APPLY to the MERITS of the blood of a crucified and risen Savior that we may become vessels fit for the Master's use." F.W.86. "Looking unto Jesus, and trusting in His MERITS we appropriate the blessings of light and peace and joy in the Holy Spirit." 5 T 744; 2 Cor.3:18.

This message is based on Eph.4:5; Jude 3,20; Rom.3:25; 5:9; Eph.1:7; Col.1:20; Heb.13:12; 10:19; Rev.12:11.

THROUGH THE MERITS OF THE BLOOD OF CHRIST WE MAY FIND THE APPROVAL OF GOD! (OFC122)

THANK GOD FOR THE ALL-SUFFICIENT MERITS OF THE LAMB THAT WAS SLAIN!

[This message has been edited by adventbeliever (edited 02-16-2001).]

Dugald T Lewis MD

• Moderator at Rest
    • http://www.drdugaldlewis.com
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #174 on: February 16, 2001, 04:20:00 PM »
Dear felipe,

Your contagious enthusiasm for God's work is very much appreciated here on TRO. Please continue to move forward in Faith. The enemy cannot win, for this is God's work. My prayers and best wishes are with you and your team.

Sincerely
Dugald

Wendy

• http://www.megspace.com/religion/cainan/
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #175 on: February 16, 2001, 06:30:00 PM »
I second that.  :)

------------------
Maranatha!:)

WendyL ~ Maranatha!:)

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #176 on: February 16, 2001, 06:56:00 PM »
Brother Filipe, praise Jesus!  He answers prayer!  It is good to hear from you and that you will be leading out in Sabbath School. We continue to pray for the church at Pedroso. Jesus is indeed coming SOON!!  Let us hasten that day!

In His love and grace,   Richard

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #177 on: February 16, 2001, 06:59:00 PM »
Brother (AB), thank you for sharing your testimony of how God is leading you. It is a great blessing to know that God can lead us around those that come with a false message, if we will turn to Him and our Bibles.

The 1888 message is quite simple and yet so very powerful. If we would study for ourselves as you have done, Jesus would reveal Himself, then we would know.  :)

Have a good Sabbath!  :)

In His love and grace,  Richard

adventbeliever

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #178 on: February 16, 2001, 08:46:00 PM »
Thanks Richard! Its good to be here! I am thankful for this forum. May the Lord hasten the day when His people will see eye to eye! "Your watchmen shall lift up their voices; with their voices they shall sing together; For they shall see eye to eye when the Lord brings back Zion." Isaiah 52:8.

This will take place as the Lord makes bare His holy arm! Isa.52:10. When a man rolls up his sleeves, he is about to do a work! When the Lord rolls us His sleeves He is about to do a work, a short work at that! "For He will finish the work and cut it short in   righteousness. Because the Lord will make a short work upon the earth." Rom.9:28.

God bless! ab

[This message has been edited by adventbeliever (edited 02-16-2001).]

adventbeliever

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #179 on: February 16, 2001, 08:53:00 PM »
Hi Joan! Thanks for the invitation. Took me a while, didn't it! I think I am already enjoying this place! Should have joined much sooner! God bless! ab