Author Topic: Personal Testimonies  (Read 109133 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #100 on: July 05, 2000, 06:26:00 PM »
Brothers and sisters, I want to share a short testimony of what God is doing in His church. Due to the lateness of the hour and the shortness of time I will only make it brief. It has been my blessing to meet many here in Toronto that love Jesus and endeavor to keep His commmandments.  I have not met any that are discouraged, yet there is much temptation. God's grace is sufficient and all that I have met and have been praying with are focused on Jesus and standing firm for Bible truth.  

We make our plans and God takes them and does the very best for us, sometimes ignoring what we have planned. Many times we are tempted to discouragement, but are not as we rest in Christ. We look for the blessing in the middle of the storm and we can find joy in knowing that all things work for good to those who love the Lord.

Early mornings, late nights, and long walks amid the continual distractions of a convention atmosphere weaken our humanity. As we look to Jesus for strength and wisdom, He does not fail us. I am looking forward to having time to review my notes and video tapes and sharing with you in detail what God is doing. He has taken my disappointments and turned them into blessings.

May He do this for you too, as you look to Him. There are those that are working in the health field and are moving forward doing medical missionary work. There are many from around the world that see the needs within our church and are moving to build up the crack in the wall. There are many that have been going through dark days, yet as they look to Jesus they come forth having been "tried in the fire."

Testimonies, my brothers and sisters, I am gathering testimonies and will be sharing them when I return home. Please continue to pray that the Lord will lead me to those that have a testimony to share, to His honor and glory.

In His love and grace,   Richard

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Laurie Mosher

• There is a place of quiet rest
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #101 on: July 07, 2000, 02:52:00 AM »
  AMen Brothers and Sisters. we need to continually EDIFY EACH OTHER , and uplift Jesus.
1 Peter 2:5 "You also as LIVELY (living) STONES, are built up a SPIRITUAL HOUSE, an holy priesthood, to offerup spiritual sacrifices, ACCEPTABLE to God BY Jesus Christ."

Keep "the" faith!
  Bro. Laurie

Keep "the" Faith,  Brother Laurie

Filipe Reis

• http://
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #102 on: July 07, 2000, 04:48:00 AM »
Dear forum members! A special hello to dear Laurie, who I can never forget! It's such a pleasure posting again after so long time away! This happened due to several reasons, wich I'm going to tell you some.
As some of you might remember, during the first months of this year, I posted telling you my story with this girlfriend of mine, Susana who was not an adventist, and asking you to pray for us, so that God might show us the way He wanted dus to go. This, He as done, when I arrived to the conclusion that would be better for us to run each his own way. We done this very clearly, involving no discusions.
Meanwhile, I also decided that from now on, that best thing was to let God lead the way of my life. This way, I was sure that nothing bad would happen that He didn't wanted. I also asked you to pray for this friend Sofia. Me and her, naturaly, got to talk a lot, including in our mIRC adventist channel. This is kind of funny, bacause we only live about 12 Km distance! Well, what I didn't knew, was that also her was putting her lihe in His infallible hands. We love to talk, not only in the Net, but then also on the phone and at the church on Sabbaths.
During eastern weekend, each year, we have in Portugal our regional campings. Our was in Arouca, 50 from Oporto and 250 from Lisbon. There we got the chance of talking a lot, mostly about our lifes and God! We prayed together, wich was just incredible to feel that He was there!
The next week, we returned to Arouca, this time alone, to offer a few things to the local population who is very needed. In the return, we talked about us trying to put God driving our car, if you see what I mean.
After some confidences, wich don't come by the way here, obsiously, we started dating. After these first two months, it's delightfull to find that He is leading ud! We are doing well in our church responsabilities, and our lifes are beeing driven by the power that makes no mistakes.
For the last 8 years, I had a job, who was not bad. But lately, I was having some problems bacause they were wanting me to work on Sabbaths. I prayed asking Gos to fix things the best way for me. It took only a few weeks, for a church member who runs a car transformation factory, to ask me to join the store house of the factory, to work in the computer section. Thia is what God has done for me in such few time! See how gratefull I must be?
I'm joining night school beggining September to get a degree in computer science. I want to be a professional of this lovely mean of communication.
Our church in Canelas is getting bigger and bigger, so there was the need to build another one. This we couldn't do, but there is already a very nice place to begin the meetings there. And guess who is secretary there? Yes, me! And Sofia is part of the planing counsil.
God has made such wondefull things for us, that I'd realy like to say: ALWAYS LET HIM LEAD THE WAY!
I hope one day we'll all be smiling and laughing to each other in that land Jesus promissed  to give us! Amen!
Filipe Reis, Serzedo, Portugal.

charlene

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #103 on: July 07, 2000, 05:45:00 AM »
Praise God for this wonderful report.  It is encouraging for all to hear your testimony how God will lead in our lives if we but trust Him. He opens doors for us when we ask, if it is His will and His will is always what is best for us.  Thank you for sharing this 'update' with us and God bless you.

Please send along more reports as time goes by and I will keep you in my prayers.

In His Love,

------------------
charlene

charlene

LindaRS

• Senior Moderator
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #104 on: July 07, 2000, 08:54:00 AM »
It's been a long time Filipe since we heard from you.  I am glad to hear of how the Lord is working in your life and leading you in paths you never knew about.  For that I praise the Lord.  Let us hear from you again soon.

Linda

O Lord, I know that the way of man is not in himself: it is not in man that walketh to direct his steps. O Lord, correct me, but with judgment; not in thine anger, lest thou bring me to nothing. Jeremiah  10:23-24

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #105 on: July 07, 2000, 11:16:00 AM »
Brother Filipe, good to hear from you again!! God is blessing you abundantly as He has promised to. Thank you for sharing these blessings. We will continue to pray for you and Sofia, that God will be glorified in your lives.

Richard

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Laurie Mosher

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #106 on: July 07, 2000, 05:36:00 PM »
Bro. Felipe,
 So good to see you active online here again. And Yes, I well remember the first time I met you on the "chat line" on the 'old' AdvOL forum.
  You have always been in my prayers since that time, and also in the many emails sent to me. I treasure alot of the "attachements " you sent also, and am constantly reminded of you, whenever my screeen saver "kicks" on. Felipe sent me "The Ten Commandments" which automatically come on to the screen after so many minutes . Thank you again , Felipe.

Isn't God wonderful? WHEN we allow Him to lead us, and WHEN we put Jesus Christ, FIRST AND BEST AND LAST IN OUR LIVES, WE WILL BE THE HAPPIEST PEOPLE IN THE WORLD." Thank you for your testimony, and we will continue to pray for you and Sofia.
 Keep "the" faith!
Bro. Laurie    :)

[This message has been edited by Laurie Mosher (edited 07-07-2000).]

Clive Nevell

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #107 on: July 18, 2000, 06:05:00 AM »
This is a different type of testimony in that I am saying Happy Birthday to our little girl, Chantelle who turns seven tomorrow the 19th. She has not had an easy life or probably never have an easy life. She was born with a disability know as Achrondoplasia, Meaning short limbs. So at the moment she is only about 90cm high. At that height things become harder. But she has a lovely peronality and is always full of happiness inspite of her problems. I have had to pick her up at least twice as she was turning blue due to lack of oxygen, but she is still with us and is improving. We praise the Lord for her and ask that God will bless and be with her. Her arms and legs are so tiny, some how she gets most things done even at a slower pace. At school sports days she finds it very hard. The school is most helpful and goes out of their way to let her mix and participate in school activities. Last term they had a lap-a-thon where all the students went around the school oval. We got both records that day, one for most done, our youngest son of 8 (23 laps)and Chantelle for the least (11 laps) even that went far beyond what we had hoped she would do. The teachers were just great on the day.
Happy birthday Chantelle we all love you and God bless you and keep you. In heaven you are going to grow up tp your full height.
Mum, Dad, George, Clive Jnr, Fasheena, Raymond, Grandma, Uncle Ray. (We have a house full at the moment)
Clive

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #108 on: July 18, 2000, 09:18:00 PM »
That is a beautiful testimony, Brother Clive. We join with you in wishing Chantelle a very happy birthday. May the Lord use her life as a witness of His ways.

Richard

Laurie Mosher

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #109 on: July 19, 2000, 05:56:00 PM »
   I too want to wish Chantelle a Happy Birthday.  :)   :)

From Bro. Laurie (aka "The Friendly Giant"..Chantelle, I'm 6'10"....I kinda have a head-start on most people on this forum in regards to heights on earth!!)
 Keep "the" faith!
 Bro. Laurie

Gerry Buck

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #110 on: July 19, 2000, 07:30:00 PM »
Happy birthday Chantelle, may God richly bless you on your special day.

I am reminded of another that was short in physical  stature, Zaccheus, though not tall like his neighbors, he didn't let that stop from dooing what he knew had to be done and what he was determined to do, see Jesus.

Hang in ther young lady, Jesus gave special attention to children and Zacheus, he held them in His lap(the children) and blessed them, and He went to Zaccheus home, ate with him and blessed him.

You are in GOOD company.....  and when Jesus comes to get us, you'll be a special jewel in His crown.

God bless you little one,
Gerry B.

Examine me, O LORD, and prove me: try my reins and my heart.Ps.26:2
Gerry B.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #111 on: August 21, 2000, 06:45:00 PM »
Somewhere, sometime ago I shared something in regards to the blessings of going to Romania the year after the revolution. I would like to share more regarding the providential leading of God in the aftermath.

The General Conference session in Toronto was painful as I saw the lack of unity, the politics, and the entertainment throughout the  event.  I knew God was present and I anticipated Him revealing Himself in a manner such as He did in 1990. Maybe He would give us a leader that would present Jesus and Him crucified and call for reform as he addressed the world church in session. Maybe He would have the angels sing with us as they did  in Indianapolis. Maybe He would do something really big that all would know He was there. It was not to be.  

God did not leave me dry and destitute, but gave me many blessings, but one especially good that came out of nowhere. He loves to work in one of a million ways that we know not. It was the last Sabbath night and I was in the press area watching the program and a brother walked in and asked if I knew if any Romanians were present. I looked and did not see any. He looked familiar, but I did not recognize him. We spoke with one another for a few minutes and left the viewing area to not disturb anyone and continued our visit. I am always wanting to know how things are in Romania. The Lord has placed a burden on my heart for the Romanian people.

He inquired as to why I should have a burden for Romania and I told him of the blessings received while traveling and preaching in our churches throughout the country. I was sharing an experience when the Holy Spirit had been poured out upon the church one evening and how I would not take credit for what God had done, but rather I attributed the great blessing to the work of the minister who had faithfully prepared his congregation so that the Holy Spirit could be poured out upon them.

My new friend asked if I knew who the pastor was and I said yes and I told the man's name. He looked rather shocked. He asked "Are you sure?" and I said yes. He asked how I could remember the name from almost 10 years ago and I told him I was so impressed by what had happened I would never forget. I really did attribute this most holy occasion to the work of the minister and not to my preaching.  He was so astonished that I thought maybe this was the minister so I looked again at his name tag and it was not. I was really perplexed as to why he should be so moved by what I was saying.

He looked me straight in the eye and said "I am that man."  Oh.....what a blessing! I rejoiced. I again looked at his name tag and saw that even though the first name was different and the last name which was much smaller, was in fact his name. I had never seen the name spelled out, so I had imagined it to be quite different. The first name I had known him by was a nickname. God is good! We hugged each other and shared what God was doing in our lives. I cannot go into detail, but I want to share with you all that the meeting was providential and much needed. After a season of prayer, we said good bye and knew that God had worked a miracle. I was refreshed and  I shall always remember one of the great blessings while at the General Conference session in Toronto.  I know that others who were watching and praying, were not left without being refreshed also! Thank you, Jesus!

In His love and grace,     Richard

Joan Rügemer

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #112 on: August 22, 2000, 10:30:00 AM »
Finally I read something about your Rumania connection.Somehow or other I missed your first testimony. I had always wanted to ask about how the interest got going and how often your were there. I have contact to two Rumanish SDA families that are settled down here in Germany. A sincere, serious piety that is deep for non-higher-educated but loving believers.
Many are the documentaries on tv that portrays the poverty and misery in Rumania. I pain just thinking about the pictures they showed of horrible conditions in orphanages. The need of much help materially is still there.
During my teen years I had one great spiritual need to read biographies of believers who overcame and were living Christ centered lives. Richard Wurmbrand made an enormous impact on my mental world. His book  biography of prison years including also what happened to his wife Sabrina and son Micha, I identified with deep in my soul. The part where in some church meeting (perhaps it was a public meeting) he was sitting with his wife and the speaker up front said something totally unbiblical, which caused Sabrina to poke him and say in so many words...you're not going to let him get away with that are you? ..was the start of his matryrdoom. He knew that if he was to stand up and contradict the speaker of communism propoganda he would get arrested. That would put his wife and son out on the street without money of any kind. But the uprightness of character that Jesus wanted from him demanded that a witness for truth stand up. He did so and spoke the truth. He began then the odessy of 14 years of suffering.

I have the book with me still. And I met him in England. I was sitting in the first row of a huge baptist church one evening who had him for a lecturer. The place was packed with hundreds. Not only was his message fasinating but what happened afterwards I never experienced before or after since. There came a time of open to the floor questioning of him. Sarcastic questions came, cynical questions came, ignorant questions were abundant in number, and only a few sounded well formed or thought out. In general the audience gave the impression of either being terribly uninformed or laconicly disinterested for more than a shallow answer for a shallow thought put in a question form. But this Richard W. wasn't at any point submitting to the crowd as it was in it's thinking or condition spiritually. He never let the crowd control his thinking. It was just fasinating for me to see how he controlled the crowd by the answers he gave. He was so sharp in discerment of the condition of the questioner and what that one was really aiming at, that he very adeptly formed his answer to lead the listeners along paths of higher values. Though his lecture was finished, he then through questions and answers, carried on teaching the wiles of the devil through false political systems like communism, despotism, or any of ruling over people to bring them to bondage and rob them of freedom of conscious. Robbing especially religious freedoms. Er war für mich absolute vorbildlich ! He was an example of christian maturity which I had not met yet up to that point.

I was just a new comer without money in my pocket in the town. I was living on the hospitality of others until I got my first job there. After the hour there was a book table where his wife was selling the Wurmbrand books. I had picked up her book and was looking through it. She was busy with talking to so many persons. Then she spied me. A small exchange between us came about so she heard my plight of why I couldn't afford to buy any books and the reason I was living in England. I was 24 at the time. She was the same size and form like me then, though perhaps 20 years my senior. She came around the table to me, gave me such a hug, then one of those typical European left cheek-to-left-cheek right-cheek-to-right-cheek type kiss and after signing the book she had written, she gave it to me as a gift. I was just so overwhelmed at the spontaneous act of that kindness that I now glow when I think of it.

Have they both been laid to rest or are they still on life ?
Joan

Clive Nevell

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #113 on: August 27, 2000, 03:37:00 AM »
We arrived home from Regional day at 4.30pm to be greeted by brother ray telling us to get the chainsaw as a tree had fallen down and we could not feed the cows or calves. The size of the tree was ar least 12 inches in dia. and 30 feet long, it shared off about 12 feet above the ground. As it was still Sabbath I did not think it was urgent to get the saw out and cut the fallen tree. If the calves miss out one night it was not going to make that much difference. This morning I had a good look and now I could see what the damage was. Nothing at all. The tree fell between the shed and the fowl fence. the fence the tree fell across was not broken. the stay was not even broken. It looked bad but no damage. I was thinking that the fence would have been smashed, praise the Lord for His power to protect.
We went out last night to a BBQ with some church and non-church folk. As there is a total fire ban on we did not have a BBQ but cooked the meal indoors. After tea Amy suggested that we have a share time with each other. It was great to hear Adventist and non-Adventist give our Lord praise and thanks for His saving power. I am sure God's name was glorified.

Clive

[This message has been edited by Clive Nevell (edited 08-27-2000).]

Clive Nevell

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #114 on: September 03, 2000, 06:49:00 PM »
We had a wonderful church service last Sabbath, not so good Sabbath School lesson, church made up for it.
Dr. Cedric Taylor took the service and asked people if they had something to share. One lady spoke and told us about her daughter who suffers from a very bad disablity which changes her into a real nightmare at times,  becoming very aggressive. Then one of our older members spoke about how she became an Adventist. Ken spoke next, he had been in a bad car crash which left him in a bad way, but now can walk and talk and do most things, he just praise the Lord for his blessings.

Cedric then shared with us what has happened to him over the last year. His aged father had cancer and passed away a week before his daughter's wedding in December last year. The cost of the wedding with his further study program left him in a state of stress. On the day of the wedding as his daughter was coming to the church they had a major car crash with Laura's  head being run over and coming within a fraction of her brain. He did not go into all the details but today she is alive.

Last Sabbath she was orgainising a youth rally in Brisbane. Cedric talked about his faith and trust in the Lord and how he has come to rely on His strength for everything. At times he was close to breaking down and had to get himself together to be able to continue. It was a service where there was hardly a dry eye in the church. He knew us from our days in Brisbane, we went to the same church. For Sabbath School Clive jnr took the program which was most pleasing for Cedric to see young people leading out at church by people he new as young kids. He made mention of this in the service.
At the end and as we went out we could only say "Praise the Lord"
Clive

Liane H

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #115 on: September 08, 2000, 05:06:00 PM »
The last several months have been very hard for me, but at the same time there have been many blessings.  

I had to struggle with Diabetes and other related health problems, God gave me the good news of His health message (again) and this time I grabbed hold of it and it forever changed my life.

If that was not enough, then I found out that the company I work for was closing the Home Health portion of the business and I was going to be out of a job. As I struggled with the fears and concerns of trying to find another job after 9 years and age 56, I shared my burdens with the fellow believers here and the support and comfort was overwhelming.  It lifted me and gave me peace.

Well last week a girl in the department that was still permanent found another job and her position became open.  Guess who they asked to fill it??

This past Tuesday I went to the County of L.A Human Resources for an application and possible job.  Filled out the forms. They told me it would be six to eight weeks before I would hear from them regarding the test.

I just got the letter today that next Friday I must come in for the test. The test is the last day of work for me before I go on my vacation. I was planning on leaving early anyway that day.  This is just three days later.    

I try to understand what this thing is called Trusting in the Lord is all about, and He teaches it to me every time.  

God truly loves His children.

Liane

Liane, the Zoo Mama
Romans 8:19   For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Laurie Mosher

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #116 on: September 09, 2000, 06:39:00 AM »
Thank You Sr. Liane for this testimony!

Yes, God DOES care for His children, and aren't we priviliged to be numbered among them?

Keep "the" faith, and SPREAD it around!
  Br. Laurie      :)

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #117 on: September 09, 2000, 07:05:00 AM »
We rejoice with you, dear Sister Liane!   :)

God is good is an understatement!  As we tell of His power and love, others will be likewise blessed. May all who come to this forum see of His great love for them.

Richard

[This message has been edited by Richard Myers (edited 09-09-2000).]

Joan Rügemer

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #118 on: September 09, 2000, 10:23:00 AM »
Hey, there Liane

I'm blessed that you're blessed. Isn't that a load off ones thoughts when being offered two jobs to choose from.
We did pray for you. You talked yourself to the Lord that loves you. And indeed your answer is coming.

You haven't made a decision definitely yet. I will email you a few tips on questioning both offers to get the best deal according to your commitments. (meaning commitment of your free time in Online ministry)

...Joan...

Laurie Mosher

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #119 on: September 16, 2000, 11:56:00 AM »
Dear Karen!
Thank YOU for that testimony! Today, I didn't go to church. (I usually do). My wife (Bev) moved her parents BACK to British Columbia 3 weeks ago from Nova Scotia (where I live). 4000 miles and 4 hours difference in time zone. I've been working quite steady, but in the time that has passed , Bev's dad is NOW in the hopsital (probably in surgery right now (11:30AM PT). He has been diagnosed with a bowel obstruction, and has been deteriorating for past 14 days. He probably will not survive THIS operation.
 I guess the point I am trying to make, is that in spite of our difficulties, there is ALWAYS someone who is in greater duress.

The only time I can communicate with Bev is in the middle of the night (2AM AT-my time). So this morning I was very groggy, and opted to catch up on "my physical rest".
 I just got "called" to the hospital (where I am employed) to do an emergency xray. The patient has had an ongoing struggle with cancer, and NOW is in the final stages (I believe).
Friends!   When I see the various and MANY kinds of diseases, my heart aches for these poor folk who are dying on their feet. Yes, many are Christians, but do not have the  same hope that we(SDA) have. We have an awesome responsibility of telling the world the "Pure,undiluted 3 angel's messages", and brothers and sisters time is quickly running out on planet earth. While I look forward to Jesus 2nd Coming, I am fearful that I have not done my part in telling others.  Karen and Joan you have reminded me that everyone is a potential candidate for heaven. And it is my (our) responsibility to pracice the Golden Rule to all we meet.

Keep "the" faith, BUT tell others too!
 Br. Laurie