Author Topic: Personal Testimonies  (Read 109138 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2000, 11:23:00 AM »
Brothers Daryl and Gerry, thank you for sharing!  Amen, Brother Daryl to your desire to not hurt the church.  I feel the same way. We will keep you in our prayers.

Brother Gerry, we will pray for your family. As your wife sees the blessings that attend to her family because of your beliefs, it is leaving a strong impression upon her mind. The Holy Spirit has much to work with.  It is good to have your daughter online with us. Will try to get the family forum going with some topics that will be of interest to her.  :)

------------------
In His love and grace,    Richard

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

charlene

• http://
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2000, 11:52:00 AM »
What great and encouraging testimonies. God will do anything to gain the loyalty of the earnest in Heart.  My prayers are with you all and thank you for these stories.

Bless His name,

------------------
charlene

charlene

Allan F

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2000, 11:56:00 AM »
It is so encouraging to read your testimonies. As some of you have mentioned, it is easy to forget how God has blessed and helped us in the past. This part of the forum is therefor very valuable. Not only for those who write, but also for the readers.
I want to thank all of you who have been praying for the evangelic campaign in Kongsberg, Norway. The meetings were finished some few weeks ago, with baptism the following Sabbath. Praise God for that! It is not very easy to gather and to win people here in Norway. But even though the town is not big, there were about 100 people attending at every of the 16 meetings (3x a week). We were 6-7 young people working together with the preacher. Two of them were only 16 years old. And something which is really inspiring, is to work together with such young people, who are so sincerly and eagerly working for Christ. That makes impression on me. When we now have left Kongsberg, and the preacher has gone to Andrews U. to study further for his Ph.D, much work still remain for the local church.
We do not know how long we have the freedom to spread the gospel as we do it today. But we know that things will change. Let us therefor continually surrender to God, so that he may be able to use us in the most effective way for the time that still remains.

Allan F

James Saptenno

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2000, 10:28:00 AM »
Dear Brothers and Sisters.

Allow me to share how I was called about 19 years ago.
     I was a Catholic raised in a mix Protestant and Catholic family. But since I was a kid I like to read my father books (he was a Protestant), and those books influenced my faith in the Catholic as I saw some doctrines which is human doctrines. Since young I like to read Spiritual books, and as my father has some collections including the Jehovah witnesses, so by reading those books I understand there was something wrong with Catholicism.
   I got to know SDA from my father in law, as my wife is an SDA. I really believe it was God’s way to have us met each other, as I was deep in my heart a God seeker even I am a seaman and a Catholic. When my wife will give birth to our first child, I took vacation to accompany her for the childbirth and stayed at her parents house in the village. I ignored the ritual morning prayer and Sabbath school study at home, just continue sleeping.
   After a stay of about 1 months, my just born baby was 2 weeks old, it happened I quarreled with my wife and had a fight. Soon after that I felt so bad and guilty as she was still weak. So I start looking for a remedy by reading the bible that was always ready on the shelf together with all other SOP books that I never give a glance. After reading the bible a view pages, I saw the translation mags of Adventist news, I took it and started reading carelessly. But my eyes stopped at the title in page 3 that said “ Pope is the beast and Sunday is the mark of the beast “(I never forget this moment, as this is my first direct contact with SDA faith that changed my life).
   I was really upset, and soon after my father in law arrived home I started to asked him questions about this title. And I wonder why I gave up my self so easily, I agreed and accepted what my father in law told me at that very moment. Sabbath, unclean foods, smoking etc. That was maybe because I have not a strong faith in Catholic as I saw many errors in their doctrines since I was a kid.
   Seven months later  I gave myself to be baptized to the wondering eyes of the Pastor because he never see me in his church. The elders questioned me, and I assured them that I believe in SDA doctrines, even I never take a course or Spiritual revivals events from the SDA’s church. The next Sabbath I was baptized in this church. And in the next week I sailed worldwide for one year but having prepared my self first with a lot of SOP books to study on board.
   And on board of this vessel I witnesses our faith, even as a beginner, but as I read and study the bible and comparing notes with the SOP 5-6 hours a day, I grew very fast. Three months on board and all the time witnessing and teaching our doctrines to my Chief Mate, he converted and accepted our faith (Soon after he got off from the boat he was baptized and a Captain now still loyal to our faith). During my stay on board this vessel that I attend every Sunday morning a congregation by collecting all the Christians crew in the saloon. I preached and gave them some idea’s of SDA faiths.
   There was such a strong desires within me to tell what I know to others. It was including my own parents when our boat enter my hometown (Surabaya). Even only 1 or 2 hours I tried my best to tell the truth to my old dear parents. And praise God, they converted and accept our faith in the same year.
   SDA’s faith have brought such a big changed in my life, what before  I didn’t know how to stop the desire of flesh (seaman life) even I fought my best to suppressed it. I know than the secret, it is be faithful over small matters (no smoking, drinking), that God will give power to over rule big matters (fornication) based on Matthew 25:21.
   Allright, this is the first part of my testimonies, and another time I will testify the 2nd part.

In His love

Capt. James S.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2000, 05:12:00 PM »
Thank you, Bros. Allan and James!  :)   It is a joy to have you both sharing of your love for Christ. We look forward to hearing more and from those who have not shared and have the same love for our Saviour. This is a little taste of heaven!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Clive Nevell

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2000, 02:52:00 AM »
I will share with you now something that happened to us as a family this past week. When we had computer problems at first I was not too concerned as I was sure it would be over in a day or so. Saturday night the 18th March I went into the local petrol station to get a few things. When I went to start the car, it would turn over but it would not fire up, after a few attempts I called the service attendant who did not have any success at all. Told me that an electrical modual had probably failed. how to get home, 7kms away and with me my 7 year old son. In comes a person who could see the problem and offered to take us home. But how was I going to pay for the repairs. All I could do was to pray and say "Lord I will need heaps of money, somehow I know you can send it if it is your will."
Next day (Sunday) came and no news about the car but one of my wifes relatives from PNG was passing through and wanted to call in. No problems, the family called and stayed for a while and upon leaving gave my wife $200, I could hardly stop myself from breaking down, I had said to the Lord I need some money, some how send it.
The next day my wife picked up the car, Costs $123.00
I am still in a state of shock to think that the Lord asnswers our prayers in such a real way.
My wfe & I just praise the Lord for His goodness.

With Theresa's mum coming down we needed some more money and I prayed again, Lord you answered my prayer for the car now what about this, Friday afternoon I picked up the mail, it had a cheque for $156.00 from a calf sale that we had sent in a few weeks ago. It will take a few days for it to clear but another answer to prayer.

I don't know why some prayers are answered and some not, some will say it is a fluke or lucky but I know I prayed and got answers, I do not consider it to be luck or chance but divine intervention.
God Bless you all
Clive

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2000, 04:05:00 AM »
God is good!  :)

Christ taught His disciples that the measure of divine attention bestowed on any of God's work is proportionate to the rank which that object occupies in the scale of creation. The little brown sparrow, apparently the most inferior of birds, is watched over by Providence. Not one falls to the ground without the notice of our heavenly Father. The flowers of the field, the grass which clothes the earth with verdure, all share the notice and care of our heavenly Father.

"Behold the fowls of the air," Christ said, "for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they? Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature? And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: and yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these" Matt. 6:26-29. If the lilies of the field are objects upon which the great Master Artist has bestowed care, making them so beautiful that they out-rival the glory of Solomon, the greatest king that ever wielded a sceptre; if the grass of the field is made into a beautiful carpet for the earth, can we form any idea of the regard which God bestows upon man, who was formed in His image? 

Sin has existed for 6000 years, seeking to counteract the merciful tide of love flowing from God to the human race, yet the love and care that God bestows upon the beings He has created in His own image has not ceased to increase in richness and abundance. "God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life" John 3:16. He crowned His benevolence by the inestimable gift of Jesus. By this sacrifice, a healing flood of life and heavenly grace was poured upon our world. This was God's gift to man, a gift that defies all computation. By giving His Son, God made it impossible for man to say that He could have done more; and the mind of man is put to the utmost stretch in the effort to comprehend this wonderful love.  Since He has given His Son, why would God not provide for our daily needs? He does, if we will look to Him each day believing He is who He says He is. Lord Jesus, I believe, take away my unbelief.

Gary K

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2000, 10:36:00 AM »
Hi All,

I wrote this to post to the any other way to be saved thread on the SDA forum but when I asked Ralph for approval because of its length I was told that there wasn’t a place for this type of post on that forum. I am putting it here because it is also my testimony of some of what Jesus has done for me.

I was born and raised in a home full of anger and psychological abuse. Any independent thought was not only unwanted, but punished severely. I remember being thrown out of the house for the night when I was 7 years old, simply for being right and refusing to admit that wrong was right. Whippings for nothing more than making the same joke my dad made an hour earlier. I grew to hate the man. I learned to isolate my feelings and thoughts inside myself simply to survive.

The outworking of this was that by the time I was a teenager, I had no idea of who I was created to be. When I graduated from high school I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life so I went to work in the sawmills and got heavily involved in drugs to ease the pain that was then so deeply buried that I didn’t know where it came from. Drugs were like finding nirvana to me. I had found that which allowed me to function for a short period of time without pain. Unfortunately, all that glitters is not gold.

Ten years of staying high all my waking hours, multiple bad acid trips during which in some of them I watched my mind float out the window not to come back left me a total emotional and spiritual wreck. I was barely capable of holding down a menial job. I couldn’t even manage a working relationship with another human being. My world was one of anxiety, fear and paranoia.

During this time by older brother came by to see me and he tells me I didn’t even recognize him. Satan had completely destroyed someone that God had created to serve Him and be a blessing. I was held in chains of sin, which I could not break. I longed to have a life, but didn’t know how. I longed to be happy but didn’t know what it was.

I tore up my ankle playing basketball one Sabbath afternoon while high. I had no savings, and was unable to do the little I had been doing to support myself. I was forced to go live with my parents in the backwoods of northwestern Montana. I took what few drugs I had left with me and got high on the bus ride to Montana.

It was the dead of winter in Yaak, Montana. There was probable 4 feet of snow on the ground so there wasn’t much for a burned out hippie with torn ligaments in his ankle to do, so I began to do what I had done to escape before I had found drugs. I began to read. I read everything my parents had in the house that was secular. I even read the entire set of              World Book Encyclopedias that winter. I ran out secular things to read so I began to read the Conflict of the Ages Series. I remember thinking, I like the history that Ellen White always made come alive, so I’ll just read the stories. Needless to say, you can’t read her writings without being introduced to Jesus. I would read her books late at night so my parents wouldn’t know what I was reading. Funny thing was, by the time I got less than half way through the Desire of Ages I had found a God that I never knew existed. A personal God who loved me, just as I was, and called me to come to Him for healing and salvation.

I listened to that call and I was rebaptised that spring in the Libby, Montana church. I had the pleasure of introducing people to Jesus that very spring and summer. Oh what pleasure, greater than any high I had ever known!

There is a but to this story though. As I began to live this life, wonderful life that Jesus had opened my eyes to I found that the devil didn’t appreciate my newfound freedom from him. He came to me one night and told me I was his. I had told him, during the dark days of despair, that I would be his and he came to claim his property.

I was lying on the couch watching the clouds float across the moon, when all of a sudden I wasn’t lying in bed. I was in a long dark hall with a table down the center of it. The table stretched from my end of the room to a fireplace at the other end of the room. There were people with long dark robes with hoods on them, all facing away from me on either side of the table. At the opposite end of the table somebody else stood gazing into the fire. He turned around, locked eyes with me, crooked his finger and began saying, you’re mine, you’re mine. I began to float across that room right over the top of that table. I got within inches of his eyes and the realization flashed through me that this was a one time, no return experience. The devil was going to claim me as his if I didn’t object. I yelled NO and suddenly I was back in my parent’s living room lying on the couch again. The hair on my body was all standing on end. I have never known such fear. I rolled over and began praying. I told the Lord that I had gotten myself into this position, but I couldn’t get myself out of it. I don’t know how long I prayed that night, but as I did, I could feel wingtips brush against my back. Some were warm, some cold. Finally, that struggle was over and the presence of God filled that room and peace flooded my heart. With tears in my eyes and running down my face, I thanked God for His love and watch care over me.

But, there is another but. I found that the habits I had formed through long years of debauchery and addiction were still there. I found myself struggling with my desires and my actions. I seemed helpless to acknowledge the Savior and Lord that I loved so dearly and owed my very life and sanity to. No matter how I tried not to do what I didn’t want to do I did it. I didn’t understand what was happening. I lost my faith in the intervening days, weeks, months and years. I knew I loved my Lord, but my actions didn’t match my heart. I believed that my actions and my faith would naturally spring out of my heart from my love for Jesus. That the fruit of obedience was automatic. I was oh so sadly wrong.

But, there is another but here. My heavenly Father began to slowly teach me about myself. I began to understand that even though I loved my Lord, I, like Peter before me, trusted to myself to overcome my habits and actions. I was doomed to failure in that.

I met a woman who, for some strange reason, could see things in me, that I couldn’t see in me, and got married. During this whole time, I drifted in and out of active drug addiction. I couldn’t stay clean for more that 8 to 10 months at a time and I did this time after time.

Being married and seeing my wife with her kids and the love and compassion she showed to them began to bring back the memories of my growing up. The pain resurfaced and I spent many nights lying in bed with an almost unutterable pain in my heart. I began using again after about a year of no use. One of my friends, who was also had big dependency problems, and I used to get drunk and high together all the time. We would sit outside at night and talk about life and drugs. During those nights I began to realize that I was an addict. I remember telling him so and he just laughed and said, What’s the matter with addiction. He ended up going to jail for DWI’s and when he got out the courts said he had to go into an alcohol dependency, inpatient treatment program.

He told me that he could do thirty days standing on his head and he would see me in thirty days and we would go out and party when he got out. He got out and I went over with some drugs and said OK, lets get high. I was flabbergasted when he said no. I tried to talk him into it again and he still said no. I just couldn’t believe it. I would go over and visit him and he always said no, he didn’t choose to do that anymore.

I went to a NA meeting one Friday night with him out of curiosity. I wanted to see what it was that would make this guy, who had the worst drinking problem that I had known of, not drink or get high anymore. I sat in that meeting that night and heard what sounded like my own story come from at least 10 or 12 other people. I admitted in that room that night that I truly was an addict. I learned to work the steps. I learned to choose. I learned how to communicate my fears and hurts to another person. I learned the true power of the human will. I learned what real, basic, Christianity is all about. Not one based on feelings, but upon choice. I could want to use, feel like using, all of that, but if I chose not to and trusted to God for the power. I didn’t have to use. I learned to start doing what God asked me to do and then I found the power to obey. I had to learn to just choose to obey and then the power is mine. This was not an easy lesson to learn. My past failures hung around my neck like a millstone. But, and here is another one. I learned that God was to be trusted to keep His word. When I would choose, God would supply the power.

Addiction and sin are synonyms to me. Both lead on a downward path. Both end in death. Both are like cancers, eating you alive. Both will destroy you for this lifetime and the lifetime to come. Both destroy your relationships with others. Both can be overcome through the power of an indwelling God.

I can go to God and say, OK Lord, you promised me the power. Here are the promises you made to me. I know all I have is failure to look back on when I try to do it myself. I, can’t do it by myself. I can’t quit doing these sins alone. But, you promised that if I choose not to that you would help. And He does.

The choice is mine, to either choose not to sin or to choose to sin. The choice is mine to trust Him or not to trust Him to provide the power to obey. There are many times in the last few years where I have simply had to say, Lord, I don’t understand, I don’t see where you want me to go or why you want me to do this, but I will just because I trust you.

I have found by deep heart wrenching experience that my Heavenly Father is not like my earthly one was. My earthly one would not permit independent thought. He would not permit choice. His way of doing things was to take my choice and replace it with his choice. My Heavenly Father allows me to choose. He teaches me to think and wants me to.

My heart goes out in love to my Heavenly Father for the respect and love He shows me in allowing me the things that me earthly father would not. The way of one father led to destruction and humiliation. The way of the other leads to self respect, humility, and a deep, burning desire to serve Him who loves enough to allow and encourage, thought, choice, and growth. So when you tell me that my Heavenly Father wants to come in and take my choice away. That He wants make me into the automaton my earthly father wanted, I say NO.  Our Heavenly Father loves us too much, way too much to do that to us.

When you tell me that to follow on in sin after I met Jesus would not and does not affect my salvation, I say NO. Anybody who will tell me that does not know or understand the destructiveness of sin. That person also does not know the regeneration possible through the power of God.

Through the power of sin I went from a kid, who in the 8th grade with no special training was reading over a 1000 words a minute with 95% comprehension to somebody who could barely hold down a menial job.

Through the power of God I went from somebody who could barely hold down a menial job to someone who scores in the 90 to 95th percentile in all the tests I have taken from counselors looking to help me see what I am capable of doing in schooling and life. NEVER TELL ME WHAT CAN'T HAPPEN THROUGH THE POWER OF A LOVING, INDWELLING GOD.

Your brother in Christ, Gary

charlene

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2000, 12:42:00 PM »
God Bless Gary and all,
Our God will never let us down.  He is our all in all our most loving Savior.

------------------
charlene

charlene

Avalee Lohman

• http://www.geocities.com/avalee50/
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2000, 03:24:00 PM »
Gary thank you for your testimony....It is wonderful what God can do in our lives when we let Him.

In The Blessed Hope

Avalee

tami strand

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2000, 08:14:00 PM »
Gary, thank you for your testimony. Sent shivers through my body as I felt the redemptive power of the Lord. You have given me much needed encouragment. My childhood was very much like yours, my two brothers are today, where you were. Alcohol, drugs and despondency. Thanks again Gary. Peace.

Tami

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2000, 08:55:00 PM »
Brother Gary, thank you for sharing your testimony. We may speak of the beautiful truths in the Bible and many will argue. We may point to the love and power of God that is seen in nature and yet many will still deny God. No one can deny your testimony of the power of God's love in your life. They cannot argue with a changed life. Oh, that we  would have thousands of such testimonies gracing the pages of this forum! Pray that many who love the Lord will find their way here that we may share in their joy as we have in yours!

Praise God for His love and grace! Thank you again, Brother Gary. It is good to have you online with us.  :) May your testimony encourage others of God's love and power.

Filipe Reis

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2000, 01:25:00 PM »
  Dear forum members! I'd like to share with you my own experience, if I may.
 I was born in Sept. 1975 and my parents were already adventists so I grew up at church. Mostly my mother, gave me the christian education that I needed. I learned quickly all the beautifull stories the Bible tells us. At the age of 16 I began to work at a local factory, 'cause my father was hill and he couldn't work any more, so I had to help my mother. Then, I began to earn my own money and managed to buy a nice motorcycle. I get to meet new friends and join diferent groups than I was used to. Without checking myself well, I began to do things I shouldn't, and began to see places and persons who were not very recomendable. Satan was able to trick me in my youth days, because I didn't hanged on Jesus has I should. I gave more importance to the world's pleasures than to God's plans for my life. Sadly, I even went to discos, I smoked, I drank alchool, I had several mates unapropriate for a christian young man, I even worked on Sabbath day! This was very, very wrong, and I knew it, but didn't gave it the importance I should.
 Then one day I had a dream. I dreamed the second coming of Jesus! I saw Him coming from the clouds with all his angels. I clearly remind all of it! This, I believe, was His warning to me saying: "Hey, you don't have much time! You must regret your life and come to me right now!"
 At the same time, all my friends at church (fortunatly I never lost them) continued praying and praying for me.
 I began to join them again at campings and other activities and I felt Him calling me again. In March 1999 I was at a camping where I saw the testimony of a man who left church and was back few time ago. This ment a lot to me.
 In July 1999, my dear friends Jorge Silva and Joel Goncalves invited me to join them at church for Sabbath school. I couldn't say no! Neither to them or to HIM!
 I never left it again, and each day I pray to God, so He might take me always in the right track, and I also ask Him to help other friends of mine who are still off the church!
 Jesus has called me when I was a very bad person! He still wanted me for His kingdom!
 My wish is that we'll all join there one day! Amen.
 Filipe Reis, Portugal.

charlene

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2000, 01:41:00 PM »
Felipe,   Isn't God wonderful?  He does everything He can to get our attention. He loves us so very much and want us to be forever with Him In Paradise. I praise God for your response to His calling.

Your sister in Christ,

------------------
charlene

charlene

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2000, 02:39:00 PM »
Brother Felipe, praise Jesus for the way He worked in your life!  The faithful prayers of a mother and friends, how much they move the arm of God! Yes, Jesus loves us when we are sinners! He will never sanction sin, yet He suffered and died so that we might be forgiven.   I pray there will be many others that read your testimony and that some will be moved to accept God's love for them.   :)

Thank you for sharing your love of Jesus.

Dugald T Lewis MD

• Moderator at Rest
    • http://www.drdugaldlewis.com
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2000, 08:00:00 AM »
Dear Felipe,

Praise God for your wonderful testimony. God must have a wonderful work for you to do. Having escaped a lifestyle that was fraught with destruction, I encourage you to continue praying for wisdom and guidance so your life that can continue be of great benefit to others as we prepare for our eternal home.

Sincerely

Dugald

2davidincalgary

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2000, 09:10:00 PM »
Hello Avalee

One of the most meaningful texts to me in the Bible has been Micah 7:8: "Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy!  Yea; even WHILE I SIT IN DARKNESS: The Lord shall be a Light unto me."

We all have our "Elijah in the cave" experiences; and it is wonderful to see that we are not abnormal, or deficient in faith, just because we have a low moment or period of time occur in our life.

Actually, when Elijah was in that cave, cringing from an angry woman, after such a signal victory over all those prophets of Baal; he had expressed some very potent suicidal ideation.  He wanted to die in the worst way!

"May the Lord be your Light, is my prayer in Jesus' name.

God has said to me in the midst of my darkest night: "You must grow now.  I will help you grow."  (2 Pet.3;18).

Your brother in Christ

David

2davidincalgary

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2000, 09:43:00 AM »
Right now; I am happily engaged in some Bible study on how to study the Bible.  It is such a wonderful thing to be a SDA christian; and experience the blessings and the power of God's Word, as entrusted to His Remnant.

I appreciate this opportunity to fellowship online; and this week, I am using the following as my point of prayer, and study:

"Ps.119:105:

Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet, and a Light unto my path."

"What we all want, is not to see wonders that daze us, and to be rapt in ecstatic vision and splendors; but a little light on the dark and troubled path we have to tread: a lamp that will burn steadfastly and helpfully over the work we have to do.

The stars are infinitely more sublime, , meteors infinitely more dazzling; but the lamp shining ina dark place is infinitely closer to our practical needs."
- from The Bible Expositor, 1864.

May God's Word light the path we each are sent down.

Your brother in Christ

David

2davidincalgary

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2000, 09:55:00 PM »
Hello Gary

Thankyou for sharing your personal testimony about Christ in your life.  What you said hit me in a very personal way.

I also used to do a lot of dope, drink a lot of booze, and smoke 2 packs a day.  Six or so of us would often share the same needles; and if we couldn't get dope we would mainline vodka.  I shouldn't be alive to tell you this...But I know what it is like to have resolutions become ropes of sand.

We serve an awesome God; and we can claim the promise in Micah 7:8 when we are in the darkness of our experience:

"Rejoice not against me oh mine enemy!  Yea; even while I sit in darkness, the Lord shall be a Light unto me."

"The joy of the Lord will be your strength."
(Neh.8:10).

Now when I sit in a close little circle of friends; it is with Bibles open; and minds clear!

Your brother in Christ

David T. Battler

2davidincalgary

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2000, 10:10:00 PM »
Hello Daryl Fawcette

I hope I spelled your name right!  I'm going by memory as there are a lot of postings on this thread to scroll through before I can click on Reply.

I appreciated your testimony about how you became an SDA Christian.

Your prayer request at the end of your testimony made me think of Amos 9:9.  I thought you would find this meaningful.

Remember; "The joy of the Lord will be your strength."  (Neh.8:10).

Your brother in Christ

David T. Battler