Author Topic: Personal Testimonies  (Read 82587 times)

Sister Marie

• May God's Light Shine On Us All
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #300 on: January 14, 2004, 11:24:00 PM »
God is so good. I have often had it happen that I would get the car just in the drive and it would go out. How blessed of the Lord to think that He looks out for us in our daily life. Praise His Name.

------------------
With Christian Love,
Sister Marie

With Christian Love,
Marie

Ele Holmes

• Moderator at Rest
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #301 on: January 15, 2004, 05:53:00 PM »
Clive and Marie, Yes God is sooo good....I have to tell you this story.  My son, his 8 years and myself drove from the tip of Baja to San Diego (about 1032 miles) in a 1978 motor home which we thought runs pretty good for it's age.  There are mountains, and narrow roads, and speeding trucks amd many curves, and more moutains----The last twenty or thirty miles my son felt something was wrong, it was running o-k and the brakes were usable, especially on that last steep hill before the border, before entering San Diego.  We crossed the border and it wans't 2 minutes of driving on highway 5 when my son says, OH! my brakes don't work, I mean, mom, they don't work at all....  They went completely out. Thank God our motel was only a few more miles, so slowly we creeped into the curb of the motel.  If my son would only believe what could have happened, God tries to tell him in so many ways, but he still doesn't believe in Divine Providence....I praised the Lord right there and then.  I sure would appreciate a prayer or two for him, Asking our Saviour to send His Holy Spirit to work on his heart.  Thank you....and thank you Lord for all your protection, guidance and love.  In Jesus name I pray...Ele
I do not understand ICQ, cookies, UBB, HTML, homepage???

Sister Marie

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #302 on: January 15, 2004, 09:02:00 PM »
Dear Father in Heaven,

We wish tonight to ask Your blessing of belief to fall upon Sister Ele's son. You have sent him several warnings of proof that YOu are there to guide and protect his life. But he don't seem to be able to see Lord. Please open His eyes that he may see Thee in his life. I pray this in Jesus Holy Name and for His sake and glory. Amen

With Christian Love,
Marie

Sister Marie

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #303 on: January 29, 2004, 05:59:00 AM »
I want to thank God first of all, for His protection in our daily life. I know there are many many times He protects us that we do not see. But yesterday it was driven home in a visable way.

We had been coming out of Chico on 99 east heading toward Corning/Redbluff area. My daughter and I had just done our shopping for the month at Winco's. We were tired and glad to be on our way home. As we came on the on-ramp to get on 99 a huge bus was coming (non-comerical) and it refused to get over or slow down. I had to stay on the shoulder or get hit. But that was ok, there was room.

The on ramp coming up is hyw. 32 and one can't do that there because there is a bridge up-coming very close. As we passed it cars were stopped and backed up some, and a few people out to help. As we went by I seen a car had been hit and went into the trees. It was deep ditch there and the car was held up by the trees, it could have amd may have, fallen down. How I prayed for those people. So many times I have gotten on to 99 by way of hyw. 32 off ramp and had to be so careful. I Knew the danger there.

Soon it came to my understanding, that had I gotten on before that bus, that car in the ditch could have been us. (it had happened just before we drove by) God proved safty by holding us back. Thank You Dear Father, Son and Holy Spirit, for taking care of us.

It reminds me of the thought that often in life we are held back, and we should not complain. Often there are un-known reasons for it. Let us Praise God in ALL things.

------------------
With Christian Love,
Sister Marie

With Christian Love,
Marie

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • A glorious sunset teaches of trust and faith.....
    • The Remnant Online
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #304 on: January 29, 2004, 07:57:00 AM »
Amen!
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Brad

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #305 on: February 07, 2004, 03:46:00 PM »
Sister Glass thats a wonderful example of God's loving watch care.

~maddy

• http://
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #306 on: February 28, 2004, 05:36:00 PM »
I just want to praise our merciful Saviour.  He is so good to us, isn't He?  He is so kind and compassionate toward us, so tender with us in our weakness.  When we fall we can go right to Him and He will lift us up.  He doesn't hold us off sternly at arms' length but restores us right back to fellowship with Himself.  His forgiveness is REAL!  I hear people say (as they wag their fingers smugly) "God is not soft on sin, you know."  Well you know what?  God may not be soft on sin, but He is not hard on sinners either!!  AMEN?!!  He expressed His wrath against sin upon His precious Son  so that you and I don't have to experience that.  We get His mercy instead, which we do not deserve.  What wondrous love is this!!!

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #307 on: February 28, 2004, 07:32:00 PM »
Amen, Maddy!

One of my favorite examples of God's grace is found in the sin of Moses when he struck the Rock. (Num. 20:10. Many overlook this sin as being small or not even sin. But, God did not see it that way. Moses was an example of God to the people he led. When he went contrary to the law he taught and enforced, it was a great sin and one that brought much reproach upon God.

God had to lay Moses to rest to teach a lesson to Israel, but Moses was repentant for his pride and his anger. His sorrow was quick and very deep. God laid him to rest, did not allow him to enter the promised land Canaan, BUT...  :) that's right He raised him from the dead and took him to the real Promised land!!

Like Elijah who sinned at the end of a faithful ministry and caused difficulty for God's plans, and God took to heaven in a chariot of fire, Moses was forgiven by God's grace and then rewarded for his faithfulness.

We serve a God that does not wait to quash us when we sin, but rather after we sin, is there drawing us back and holding out His hand as He did to Peter when in the water. Praise God for His amazing grace!!

Thank you, Maddy for that testimony!! We pray it will bless many in the years to come. Short as time may be!  :)

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #308 on: June 17, 2004, 07:31:00 AM »
God is trying to get our attention, just as He was with those who lived just before the flood. Each day He blesses us. Many times we take these blessings for granted. How thankful we should be each day as we count our blessings!  Even in our distress, we can find much to be thankful for.

While driving over a very rocky road one of my car's tires was punctured. It ruined the tire. I drove for a week or so without a spare and when I got to the tire store to buy a used tire, they told me the price and I said ok. When I went to pay for it, the manager said he would give it to me without cost. It was much appreciated and I recognized my Father's hand in the blessing!  :)

Liane H

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #309 on: July 08, 2004, 12:52:00 PM »
The testimonies of God's help comes in many forms and each one shows just what a loving and wonderful God we have.

Today was a close to over a month of prayer and work bringing two horses from Florida to California.

This reflects on the kind of people Seventh-day Adventists are. Not knowing my friend Jane and not really knowing me as I am a new member here in the Bishop church I found support and money to help us make the trip of these two Polish Arabian Horses across this country a reality.

The whole experience is a miracle going back to 26 years ago when I first met my friend Carolyn in Sunland, CA. Though miles and years never ended this friendship that when the day that I became disabled she requested that I move up to Bishop and live on her property in my own home that she would build, so here I am.

That a year later to the date a friend would come into my life named Jane because she was looking for a service dog. My vet Dr. Lind gave her my phone number and the events that transpired of Jane finding out that she needed to get the horses off the property back in Florida and my friend Carolyn having the room and willingness to board these horses at the same price that Jane's friend in Florida was charging, which is far less than what most people would charge out here.

I know my Father's hand has been in all of this, that He even notices when a sparrow falls and hears the cry of a lonely disabled women of the need of all that she has left in this world are her two Polish Arabian horses.

His hand was in the chain of events that started many years ago when I took the job of babysitting for Carolyn one night in an emergency. It is wonderful to look back and see the power of His love and promises which testify of His character and will for us.

I give thanks to my Father for the little farm I have of three goats, two dogs and two cats. The wonderful home and view that one would only dream of snow capped mountains and beautiful sunsets.

Last of all God gave me a new friend in my life in which we will share much in the enjoyment of her two beautiful and loved horses.

Liane

Liane, the Zoo Mama
Romans 8:19   For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Sister Marie

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #310 on: July 08, 2004, 01:39:00 PM »
Amen! Isn't God good!!! That is not a question.  :) It is a STATEMENT!!

------------------
With Christian Love,
Sister Marie

With Christian Love,
Marie

Liane H

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #311 on: July 31, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »
There are two ways one could look at this situation that happened two days ago.

One could look at the bad side or one could look at the good side. Let me share what had happened.

My friend Jane and I along with my friend Carolyn's husband Jake were putting on a body mesh to keep the flies away from her horse All Roses. All went well as we put it on her. She was calm and seemed o.k. with the mesh.

Then they backed away and her horse went crazy. I suspect trying to get away from what was on her body. She started running around and around in the corral until she got to a point that she decided that she would jump the fence.

As she went over the fence the mesh caught on the metal post and broke her jump. She went tumbling over and landed on her back. I never felt so helpless in my whole life. You see it happen yet you know there was nothing you could do.

All Roses got up and continued her running around the pasture area. It took them about 10 minutes to get her to calm down and get a hold on her. It was only then that we were able to see the gash she had on her upper left leg. It was bleeding.

If Jane and I had put this on when Carolyn and Jake were not home it would have been a nightmare. So the first thing I was thankful for was that they were home to help and Carolyn is a nurse and had supplies to help clean the wound and bandage it.

I was thankful that All Roses had not been caught to the point that the post went somewhere in her body, that would have killed her.

I was thankful for the fenced in pasture area so that All Roses did not run away.

It could have been so much worse. Bad things are going to happen in our lives, but even when they do if we look at them we still can see God's hand still in it.

Because we live in an imperfect world we will make mistakes. The good that we thought we were doing turned into a terrible accident, but it could have been so much worse that one can be thankful that it did not turn out some other way.

Some people call this the Pollyanna Syndrome, but I call it the new mind that God has given us that shows us how to look at things in a way that not only blesses us, but those around you as they see God working in your life.

Bad things are going to happen to good people. God allows the rain to fall on the just and the unjust. As long as satan is the prince of this earth we will have to deal with this imperfect life. The bottom line is will we live it with God on our side.

Be thankful and bring glory to our Father who loves us.

Liane  

Liane, the Zoo Mama
Romans 8:19   For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Sister Marie

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #312 on: August 02, 2004, 07:38:00 AM »
Thank you for your Testimony Sister Liane. It is so good to hear of how the Lord helps and saves us from more serious happenings. We can always be grateful, for we have no idea of what could have happened had we not asked God to take care of us.  :)

------------------
With Christian Love,
Sister Marie

With Christian Love,
Marie

Cop

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #313 on: January 12, 2005, 02:45:00 PM »
[This was written over a week’s time, due to my health. If because of that it is somewhat confusing, please forgive. If it is posted in the wrong place, please correct. I just feel I must tell others.]

1 Timothy 1:14 & 16
“And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus. Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.”

I never cease to be amazed by the longsuffering, mercy, and love of our Father. I stand ashamed of the fact that I once turned my back upon my sweet Savior Jesus and walked away from Him because of threats made against my family.  I never like to hear people ‘boast’ of how wicked they were before accepting Christ. Most of the time, it appears they are bragging about how evil they were, as if it is some kind of merit to salvation. I am ashamed of what I was and what I did. But as I think of the forgiveness given me by Jesus, I am overcome by love to Him. I just can not comprehend such mercy and love towards me! He has blessed me more than I could ever deserve. In my life, I have seen true miracles take place within my sight. Through the past few weeks, much has taken place and I want to tell others of it.

My best friend (a police officer) had surgery for a knee replacement. Shortly before this, I had the joy of seeing him give his heart to Christ. He, like I, has faced death many times as others attempted to kill us. An infection set in after his surgery. The doctors operated again and had to remove the knee replacement. As the infection continued to spread, he was told that if he lived, he would lose his leg. Together we have faced much and, as his body began to shut down and die, he wanted me with him. We prayed together for God’s will to be done. We laughed and cried together and praised God that He forgave us and gave us both time to come to Him for forgiveness. As I left the hospital that night, we neither expected to see the other in this life again. O glorious and loving God! My friend was healed, did not lose a leg and has a new knee! What a wonderful Lord we have! Thank you Jesus!

My wife, who was also once a Christian, has been quietly opposed to my returning to Christ and the Church. She has a desire to come back, but fears what is required if she is to be totally Christ’s. She was in what could have been a deadly vehicle accident. Another officer friend saw it take place on the freeway as it was raining. She was stopped in heavy traffic and a large delivery truck approached her from the rear at a high rate of speed. The truck hit and knocked her into another vehicle that was about 30 feet in front of her. The delivery truck was traveling so fast that, as my wife’s vehicle came to a stop, it rammed into her again. The delivery truck was heavily damaged, as was the truck my wife was pushed into. My wife’s truck was ‘totaled’ by the impact with its rear and front buckled and the steering wheel bent from the force of my wife striking it. The officer told me he expected to find her dead or dying. But praise our merciful God! She survived with only bruises and some pain. No serious injuries! Last week, she attended church with me for the first time. Thank you Jesus!

My 24-year-old son recently came to me. We have been talking about Christ, His love and the forgiveness He has to offer for some time. We talked again and I prayed for him. Two days later, he came to me with tears pouring down his face and unable to speak. I did not know what was wrong and fear something was wrong, helped him to sit and waited for him to calm down enough to talk. O dear loving merciful God! My son began talking and, sobbing told me he had just given his heart to Christ. He said he could now understand a little what I have been telling him about the love Christ has for us and the love that flows into our hearts from Him. Thank you Jesus!

My son-in-law (another cop) recently drove onto a scene where he saw a SUV run-down another officer. He knew the vehicle was stolen by two triple murders and saw two men in it. It turned around to run over him also and he fired at the driver. As it swerved away, the other man began firing a shotgun out the window at my son-in-law. He returned fire, the vehicle crashed through the wall of a business and the murders jumped out. After many shots being exchanged, the wounded killers were arrested. Praise our Holy God! My son-in-law did not receive any injuries. He and I are now discussing Christ and His love for us. Thank you Jesus.

My health is not very good and I had to retire because of it. I’ve had many doctors tell that I am not suppose to be alive, that they know of no one who has lived through what I have. I was supposed to go into the hospital this week for several days of observation before surgery. My primary doctor cancelled it because my health is too poor to go through with it. But I thank my LORD for it all. What love He has for me! He has brought this all upon me because of His wonderful love and desire for me to give myself totally and completely to Him. “I know, O LORD, that thy judgments are right, and that thou in faithfulness hast afflicted me.” (Psalm 119:75).

From this sickness, which is a result of my past way of living, He has given me the opportunity to return to Him. Would I choose to remain as I was, in health without Him, or ill and with Him…there is no choice to make! With my whole heart I thank Him for what has come upon me. I am so very thankful for what He has brought upon me. I have grown closer every day to my LORD. I have never known such love could even exist and it grows and grows more so each day. Whether I live or die, it is His will and I trust Him completely. “It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn thy statutes.” (Psalm 119:71). O thank you Jesus!

The enjoyment, the love of God is the only happiness with which our souls can truly be satisfied. To go to heaven, to be with He who I long to see, fully to enjoy God, is infinitely better than the greatest pleasures here on earth. Christ rightly known is most surely Christ rightly beloved. No sooner did I discern what He truly is, behold His glories, and partake of His bounties, than my heart was at once moved with love towards Him. He spoke pardon to my guilty soul and I could not long delay to speak words of love to His most adorable person. It is utterly impossible for a man to know himself to be complete in Christ, and to be lacking in love towards Christ Jesus. Love is most surely in his bosom. Has your breast never heaved with love to Jesus, are you yet a stranger to the blood of sprinkling? He that loves not has not seen Christ, neither known him I love Him!O, how I love Him!  “As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God. My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?” (Psalm 42:1-2).

“According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death. For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.” (Philippians 1:20-22)

God Bless…

------------------
The reason why God's people are not more spiritual minded, and have no more faith, I have been shown, is because they are narrowed up with selfishness. . . . It is not the abundance of your meetings that God accepts. It is not the numerous prayers, but the right-doing, doing the right thing, and at the right time.--Testimonies, vol. 2, p. 36

WendyForsyth

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #314 on: January 13, 2005, 03:55:00 PM »
Your testimony brought me to tears dear Cop. I am sure it will do the same for many. I know that the Lord will use it to touch many lives in many ways and He will use it to His glory.
I have no doubt that God considers you to be one of His friends; otherwise He would not trust you with so many crosses, sufferings and humiliations. Crosses are God's means of drawing souls closer to Himself.

Fenelon

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #315 on: January 13, 2005, 06:55:00 PM »
Brother Cop, I enjoy preaching the truth. Long ago I became convinced that preaching the truth is not nearly as effective at touching hearts as is a heart felt testimony of the power of God's grace. Thank you! As our sister has said, many will be blessed as they read of your love for Christ and what it has done in your life and the lives of your family members. None can argue with the blessings received and testified to.

The love of Christ constraineth us to give such testimonies!! How could we remain quiet being in receipt of such unmerited love! You remain in our prayers.

JimB

• Servant
  • Assistant Administrator
  • Pro 12:28 in the pathway thereof there is no death
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #316 on: January 14, 2005, 04:30:00 AM »
Brother Cop, it was wonderful to read your testimony. You're in my prayers.
By communion with God in nature, the mind is uplifted, and the heart finds rest.  {DA 291.1}

Ele Holmes

• Moderator at Rest
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #317 on: January 14, 2005, 08:02:00 AM »
Dear Brother Cop,  I feel like Richard.  I love a very inspiring sermon, but when a person in great humility, gives a testimony of how their trials had brought them to their knees, in thanksgiving, proving God's love through miracles, turning the trials into  miraculous cures, it makes my faith and love so much stronger.  He is there for us with such assurance, such love, giving us such strength to cope in our hardest times.   Thank you Cop for your testimony.
May God  continue to bless you in your walk with Him.  
I do not understand ICQ, cookies, UBB, HTML, homepage???

Sister Marie

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #318 on: January 18, 2005, 10:25:00 AM »
Dear Brother Cop,
I was so moved in reading your testimony because I can see God's love in your live in-flowing and out-going. If by some choice of God you do not make it you can be assured that through you death (as in the dark ages) more will come to the Lord. But if more will come by your life you can be sure you will live. We all must be where you are and make God first and last and formost. I so agree with you that life or death is not the issue, but whether we are ready, that is the issue. Thank you for your wonderful Testimony for us to read. May God bless and be with you in the days ahead and keep you strong for Him.  :)

------------------
With Christian Love,
Sister Marie

With Christian Love,
Marie

Cop

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #319 on: January 18, 2005, 07:12:00 PM »
"And we know that all things work together for good to them that LOVE God, to them who are the called according to his purpose."(Romans 8:28)

Thank you all for your love and prayers. I am doing better now and look forward to taking part in our discussions again soon. I am sometimes 'down' from my illness, but for whatever reasons my LORD has, He raises me back up.

"As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you:" (John 15:9). His great love for us...it is too deep for my finite mind to understand. But how I love to allow my mind dwell upon it. The depth, length, and power of His love can not be comprehended by weak, corrupt human minds. I can never find or imagine an end to it as I can of man's love to another. I can never measure it or compare it to any other love I have known. It has no beginning or ending. Its power has led many to gladly surrender their lives that they may receive ever deeper portions of it.

The more I receive of His love to me, the more I desire to love Him. The more I see what His love for me cost Him and all Heaven, the more I despise and hate the sin that is within me which caused Him to suffer. Can I ever doubt His love? His love calls to my heart and draws me ever closer to Him. The love of Christ causes me to desire only to please Him, to walk ever closer to Him, to be more like Him.

God loved you and I before time began, and when in eternity he dwelt alone. He thought of me before I had a being and had existance. When as yet the sun and the moon did not exist and shine their light. When the sun, the moon, and the stars slept in the mind of God, and their being were only in His plan for eternity, when the forests had no existance,  when the oceans of earth were not yet born, long before this earth had been created...it was then that God had written your and my name upon the heart and upon the hands of Christ permantly, to remain for ever. Does this not make you love God? Does this not make you long to be with Him?

God Bless