Author Topic: Personal Testimonies  (Read 109168 times)

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2000, 07:07:00 PM »
And mine!    Planting seed, seed, and more seed. Our prayers are united for the Holy Spirit to water them!

Richard

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

DugaldT Lewis MD

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2000, 05:56:00 PM »
Listening to all these wonderful testimonies warms my heart and encourages me. Thanks Gerry for that encouragimg witness.  

We may never know how the world views us until experiences like these. Its the typical sermon in shoes.

Bro Laurie, keep witnessing. The funny thing is that we may never remember what we say to people, but most do remember our statements if we have made an impact on their lives.

Happy Sabbath to all.
Dugald

Gerry C Wagoner

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2000, 01:20:00 PM »
Charlene, thanks for the story of your nephew..

Also, let me take the opportunity to encourage you in your ministry.  Many are the times the Lord has used you to cast His light (words of inspiration) on the pathway of others.

Brother Gerry

Clive Nevell

• http://
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2000, 05:13:00 AM »
What a blessing to read your testimonies.
I did not intend to write anything but feel impressed to do so.
About five years ago we were at church to look at the church role as we had many members but few attending. many had left the district but some had just stopped coming. My wife had only been baptised a few months and at the same time I had been rebaptised after being away from church for about ten years. We were all keen and as the names were read out there came a persons name that was familar. It was our next door nieghbor, not that we were real friends but just aquaintences being on a 17.5 hectare block we could not see their house. I said that I would make the enquiry and find out if it was the same people. When I rang I was a bit tongue tied and feeling a bit strange in case they were in fact Adventists. She said yes they had been SDA in Harrisville Church many years ago and to take her name off the church role. My reply was that we do not want to do that but just find out where every one is and let it wait for six months and then see how she felt. Sad but true no one had been to see her at all in the nearly twenty years since she had stopped coming and in fact had joined the Uniting Church. Then it was our turn to do something and at prayer meetings for the next year we prayed every night for her (Heather)and then one Sabbath morning the phone rang, two years ago last September and I answered it and I knew it was Heather on the line as we now had made sure that at least we became closer friends. She asked "can I come to church today and bring my grand children and youg boy as well" Of course, you do not have to ask permission you are welcome any time. She came and has hardly missed a Sabbath since even though her husband does not come or the three older children. Praise the Lord that He hears and answers prayer.
There is more, I hope I am not too long.
Twelve months after that took place our minister had an all Sabbath seminar on end time events in our church. It was full with over twenty non SDA coming along. Two ladies in particular came Robyn and Cathy. Sept.5th
1998. The following Friday night we were opening Sabbath with two other Adventist families and during the prayer the phone rang
I knew it was Cathy and she asked for my wife
I told her we were in the middle of a season of prayer but would get her, she said no that I may be able to answer her question, What time does Sabbath School start in the morning? I nearly dropped the phone. Going back to our season of prayer I stopped them and related to everyone what the phone conversation was about. we were actually praying for those people as the phone rang, not only that but it was Heather who was praying. It had been twelve months earlier that Heather had made the same phone call.
Cathy was in church the next day but has not been since. We are stil all friends. my wife goes to a ladies group which Cathy attends so we still have chances to talk and share with her.
Please pray for Robyn and Cathy, they know the Sabbath truth and most of our other doctrines and not only do they know them but have been convicted of the truth but just can not make the break from their church.
Regards
Clive

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2000, 05:39:00 PM »
Amen, Brother Clive!   Thank you for sharing. God is faithful to hear our prayers for the salvation of others.  We will add our prayers to yours for Robyn and Cathy.
Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Clive Nevell

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2000, 02:32:00 AM »
Thankyou Richard and eveeryone who is praying for Robyn & Cathy
In our family worship this morning (Sunday) we prayed that God would make them feel uncomfortable as they worshiped on the first day of the week.
Thanks again
Clive

Laurie Mosher

• There is a place of quiet rest
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2000, 03:02:00 PM »
  Yes Clive,
I'' add those two ladies to my prayer list as well, along with you and everyone else on this forum.

Richard! Is it asking too much to have a list of all "our" forum members? I want to pray for each, and if I (or all of us) have all the names, I believe we, and they will have MORE of God's power working in our lives.

Br. Laurie

Keep "the" Faith,  Brother Laurie

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2000, 06:39:00 PM »
No problem, Laurie.  Good idea. I'll post it in the prayer topic.

Richard

Clive Nevell

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2000, 02:08:00 AM »
Thanks for praying for our friends.
I will relate to you a short experence that our family had with tithe paying.
I had not paid tithe for many years and had not been to church for many as well. But down at Mt Edwards I had decided not to work on the Sabbath any more and to start paying tithe, at the time it was hard because we always think of money and providing for ourselves with our own means instead of trusting God. In fact one of our church memebers said to pay what we could afford, I new this to be wrong from my upbringing as an Adventist but took the easy option and followed his advice. Well one day I had the conviction that I should do the right thing and pay a full and proper tithe. We were in the middle of a big draught with very little rain. The paddocks were bare, no grass at all. This week it did not look like rain. Then come Friday night, The thunder roared, the lightning flashed and for over an hour it rained. Then back to the draught again. I stood looking out the window and could not stop gazing out at the rain, my wife even said "what was are you looking at." My answer was that God had taken notice of our commitment to pay tithe and He was letting us know that he even is intersted in our affairs and approves of things when we make a decision to obey Him. It was to me as if God was right in the middle of that storm. how else could He talk to us, we were in the middle of a big draught and He sent us the rain. Praise the Lord for hearing our prayers and thoughts and responding.
Regards
Clive

Gerry C Wagoner

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2000, 06:46:00 PM »
This is a testimony I sent to Doug Batchelor & Amazing facts, friday.  

Doug had made an appeal to their supporters to make a contribution to their bold presentation of truth.  He told how they often come under criticism for their unwavering approach to truth.  But instead of softening their message, they continue to be bold for the Lord.

I wanted deeply to send Amazing facts a check to show our support, but this is the peak of our off-season and funds are tight right now (we have about 100k of work to complete, but no weather...)  So I prayed to the Lord about it...

Yes Doug!

We support the bold presentation of truth.  Praise Him!  Keep doing the job the Lord has called you to.

· In 1998 our immaculate diesel Suburban was stolen and severely vandalized.  The vandal was caught and ordered to make restitution.  My wife and I wrote it off mentally, confident that actually receiving restitution was a fantasy.  (The thief was 21, had no job, no diploma, no ambition, divorced parents, a long criminal record, and of course-no money).  The court may order these kinds of things, but they don't enforce it.  So, we forgot about it...

· When Nancy & I got your letter for assistance, we purposed in our hearts to express our support and appreciation for the Lord's work in your ministry. But...as a roofing contractor in the peak of off-season, funds can be seasonally tight.  We asked the Lord to work for you-and lo & behold a check came in the mail for restitution payment from...guess whom?  The vandal!  Praise the Lord!  God wants you to have this.

Sincerely,

Gerry  & Nancy Wagoner
GCW:sjc

Laurie Mosher

• There is a place of quiet rest
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2000, 11:22:00 AM »
  Dear Gerry and Nancy,
    Thank you for that testimony!
 The Lord does work in mysterious ways doesn't He, and the power of prayer is awesome.

I want to thank you too for your words of encouragement to me, when I was "down" on the other forum. I've noticed that now ,we, the conservatives, have been supporting each other more and more with  back-to back comments...this is bound to untrack those who are endeavoring to harass us.

Keep giving us testimonies...they are very encouraging!

Br. Laurie

Keep "the" Faith,  Brother Laurie

charlene

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2000, 12:27:00 PM »
Gerry and Nancy,
Thank you for sharing that testimony. It stengthens our faith and trust in our Lord and Saviour. He never fails.

Bob and I  are very blessed with the ministry of Doug B. We praise God there is 3ABN and we enjoy every broadcast.

We will also keep you in our prayers that your 'off season' may become an 'on season'

God Bless you with your ministry on the other Forum as well.

charlene

charlene

Gerry C Wagoner

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2000, 05:02:00 AM »
Hello fellow believers!

I've noticed something interesting...  

The venom that is directed towards SOP is causing some folks to come off the fence and read her works with new interest!  Just as the enemy tried to slay Christianity in  Roman coliseums - she survived with greater strength.  

This will be the case with this message.  Great opposition will be met with great harvest.  Is this possible?

Gerry C. Wagoner
John 15:16

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2000, 06:51:00 AM »
Amen, Brother Gerry and Sister Nancy!  Amen to your thought regarding the Spirit of Prophesy opposition.  "Through the opposition that the disciples met, the message of truth gained great publicity; the Jews saw that their efforts to thwart the work of the new teachers resulted only in adding greater numbers to the new faith."

Daryl Fawcett

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2000, 11:34:00 AM »
Seeing this is where testimonials are given I believe it is time for me so share how I came into the Seventh-day Adventist Church in the first place.

The events leading to that fateful and eventful day began unfolding when I was invited by my aunt to speak at a Women's Institute meeting in my home village of Anagance, NB Canada where I spent the first ten years of my life.   I was asked to speak, of all things, about Youth & Drugs.  The only reason I can think I was asked is because of my leadership involvement with  an Inter-School/Varsity Christian Fellowship group.

Anyway, I accepted the invitation after calling upon another person to assist me.  While speaking to a good group of women, I noticed a young person there.   She looked like she was only 14 years old.  She was actually in her 20s.   I was not married then and she wasn't wearing a wedding ring.  :)

Following the meeting, the ladies served coffee, tea, juice and finger foods.    I happened to sit behind her so I soon started up a conversation with her.    It wasn't long before I learned she was a Seventh-day Adventist.    I decided right then and there to save her from such a fate.    I had previously read a booklet about SDAs and knew a few things about them particularly their 10 Commandment keeping especially the 7th day Sabbath.  I then believed the Law had been done away with and the Lord's Day was Sunday.
  Anyway, I brought up these topics and we got into some really deep discussion.    Suddenly, we noticed that we were almost practically the only ones still sitting.   She invited me to go to her place and meet her husband.    So much for the other possible interest.   :(    By then, however, my interest was in saving her and now her husband from the false teachings of the SDA Church.    We left for her place where I met her husband and we continued the imprompu Bible study until 2:00 a.m.   As you can see, I had it in my mind to straighten them out.  You can see how well I succeeded.   :)

After work the next day, I tore open my Bible and searched the Scriptures to biblically refute what we discussed the previous evening.    I looked up all the references used to substantiate my side of things which people still use today when they fight against the truth.   That evening I went to see them again to continue the battle to win them away from the SDA cult which I believed it to be back then.   Night after night the studies continued until 2:00 a.m.   I searched the Scriptures in an attempt to counter everything they said.

One evening I challenged them to come and sit in on a church meeting that I was attending. They accepted the challenge. When I showed up to get them only one of them were able to come with me as her husband had another appointment.   So the fourteen year old looking young lady came with me to church.   As the pastor spoke she, the fourteen old looking young lady, drew something to my attention.   He spoke of the Bible but never really referred to any texts in the Bible. I listened and sure enough he wasn't and didn't. I never forgot that realization.

As time went on several nights later I found myself being drawn into what they presented to me as it was just too solid doctrine to refute.  In desperation I went to a minister friend of mine as I was now questioning whether they were in fact a cult.   To my surprise my minister friend said that they are a Christian group but stay away from them for they are very legalistic.    The word "legalistic" was like a ton of bricks crashing on my head.  I stayed away from them for a solid month as I pondered over that one. I had also read a book called, The Kingdom of the Cults" by Walter Martin who listed the SDA Church as a Christian group with doctrinal differences.  I finally came to the conclusion that since my minister friend  admitted to them being a Christian group and Walter Martin came to the same conclusion, I would continue my relationship and Bible discussions with them.

I paid them another visit.   They were pleasantly surprised to see me as they thought they had seen the last of me.   We continued our Bible based discussions.   New light was striking me in my heart.   I knew that new truth was being revealed to me not only from them but through a deeper study of the Scriptures.   Instead of me bringing them out of the SDA Church, I found myself being drawn into the SDA Church.    I went to their pray meetings, Sabbath Schools and church services and the Bible texts that were used extensively opened my eyes in a way that they had never been opened before.

What finally convinced me the most was the sanctity of the Sabbath.   They lived what they believed from sunset to sunset.   I saw the Sabbath observed in a way that I never ever saw observed on any Sunday.   That spoke to me more than anything else.   A few months later I was baptized into the Moncton, NB Canada Seventh-day Adventist Church in February 1976.   Praise the Lord!!!!

Like many of you, I have my struggles as I talk the talk and walk the walk so to speak.
I solicit your prayers that I will be found faithful to the very end.    The devil tempts me now more than he ever did before as he isn't happy in the decision I made.   He longs to use me to hurt God's church.    I pray that he will never succeed in doing that.   Pray for me.

Thank you for taking the time to read my story.

------------------
In His Love, Mercy & Grace,

Daryl.

charlene

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2000, 01:11:00 PM »
Daryl, Thank you Brother for sharing your story. I believe the ones that are truly searching will be led to where they may 'find.'  And may this forum be used in this way.  God is Good Daryl and will finish the work He has started in you, I pray for the faithfulness of all of us. The devil does not want us to speak of Christ and uplift Him but may we prove satan the evil one that he is.
God Bless,

------------------
charlene

charlene

charlene

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2000, 01:16:00 PM »
My conversion is posted in the "Answered Prayer" section. Part one and Part two. I will not type it over again but give Richard permission to place it here if he thinks it would be more appropiate in this thread. There was so much prayer involved that I placed it there.  All of your stories are an inspiration to me. Thank you.

------------------
charlene

charlene

Ivan

• Member at Rest
    • http://www.EvidentlyGod.com
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2000, 06:51:00 PM »
I have given a brief account of my conversion experience in the "Lesser Light.." thread of the "Bread of Life" forum.  The purpose of that post was to show the effect that EGW's writings had on me in bringing me back to God, after many years of aimless wandering in the world, seeking fulfillment in all the wrong places.  

There of course is a great deal more to be told concerning the miracles and answered prayer in my life.  I may share some of those details here, or in another thread, when it seems appropriate.

However, my case, as with the rest of the living, is an unfinished book.  More prayers and miracles are needed.  The only thing we have to fear is if we forget how God has led and blessed us in our past experience.  This is a weak spot in me.  It does me good to recount His blessings.  I'm hoping that the current chapter can find a happy ending soon.  

------------------
Ivan :)

Thank God for Jesus!  (Romans 7:24,25)

Dugald T Lewis MD

• Moderator at Rest
    • http://www.drdugaldlewis.com
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2000, 08:05:00 PM »
Dear Friends,

Just reading these testimonies is heart-warming and demonstrates the wonderful Love of God and the workings of the Holy Spirit in our lives.

I grew up in the SDA church all the way through. I came through the system from cradle roll, was baptized at age 11, and held almost every church office including serving as an elder over 12 years ago. I had a love, respect and admiration for Sister White who has always been like my spiritual mother as her writings motivated me to become a physician. (My father had become a SDA by reading the book Great Contorversy.)

I attended public University where I started a group for SDA's college kids called Advent Fellowship which had over 60 members. I later attended a SDA medical school where I was formally exposed to the SDA HEalth Message. Becasue of my practice as a General and Vascular Surgeon in a large academic institution I begun to trully appreciate the
value of the medical ministry as given to the Lord's Messenger.

Over the last two and one half years , I have engaged in serious study of her writings and her biography from a scientific perspective. I have faced many personal difficulties in my life, but they pale in comparison to the events that causes me to say "No one ever cared for me like Jesus" as as I daily see the hand of God working in my life.

My friends, I can't begin to explain to you how the truth of the inspired writings have come alive and are very clear and dear to me. Looking at the problems of the entire Health Care industry from the valuable background of information acquired from the SOP, I was able to see vividly that the Messenger of God who knew the correct practice of medicine had been rejected by the church she co-founded, and the institutions she personally initated were used in destroy the credibility of her work.

When I later saw many people who were profiting from denigrating and distorting the writings of Sister White, it was heartbreaking.

Just to be here on this forum where others share my joy is a clear signal to me that God is in control of His work, and TRUTH will TRIUMPH. Yes, God is GOOD. Its His work and we will never fear. I see the polarization in our church and am amazed sometimes when "exciting and tantalizing" activities are given preference over "Thus saith the Lord"  

Like many of you, I have proven in my life the value of the SOP. The Bible is made so much clearer to me and becasue of her writings, I am motivated to labor untiringly for the establishment of the medical ministry according to God's directives, as that Arm is the greatest avenue which will unfold for presenting the love of Jesus to hardened hearts that will otherwise not be reached.

This is my testimony tonight.!!

Dugald

Gerry Buck

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2000, 06:08:00 AM »
My story is not so exciting as others,but,I can see the hand of God guiding my life.
I was a truck driver for over 25 years,on a farm,and then after I got out of the service.
I had always been interested in the bible,especially thew book of Revelation,.....you must understand that I was into science fiction,so,the beasts and the plagues are what caught my fancy.
In 1979,I started driving for an outfit out of Pontiac Michigan.
I moved my family north to a small town on the lake Huron shoreline so as not to worry about them while gone for long periods on the road.
I had asked God to show me the real way many times,but never paid much attention to His guidance.
One night in a drunken desperation,I asked Him to do what ever He had to do to save me.
Be careful what you ask for,you just might get it.
In Oct of '79,I was laid off,an oil embargo had hit and fuel prices went thru the roof,the vans I hauled quit selling,
I went home to Tawas,and in the spring of '80 an invitation for a bible study came,I answered it,and the rest,as they say,is history.
There is a lot more to the story,but it would take to long for these fumble fingers to type it.
Suffice it to say,God answered my prayer in a way I never expected,and over the last 20 years,I have had the pleasure of seeing my mother accept the advent message before she went to her rest,2 of my daughters have been baptized,and my youngest is even now studying for baptism.
The only hold out is my wife,she's catholic and sees no need to change.She is friendly towards the church.
Thank you for this forum.I need to remember how God has provided so I can trust Him to provide........I forgot that for a long tim e.
God Bless

------------------
He is LORD!

Examine me, O LORD, and prove me: try my reins and my heart.Ps.26:2
Gerry B.