Author Topic: Personal Testimonies  (Read 109142 times)

Joan Rügemer

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #180 on: February 17, 2001, 12:02:00 AM »
My friendly 'hi' back to you Ab  :)

I am very pleased you did sign up and are now part of the forums. I knew you'd fit in well here. Thank you for being a true supporter of the revitalized message of 1888. I am reading lots of messages written by Br. Wagoner at present.

:) Joan

My testimony is on page 3 of this sector.

adventbeliever

• http://
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #181 on: February 17, 2001, 10:15:00 AM »
Hi Joan! By the way, I forgot to thank you for your kind an encouraging words in your e-mail. I am turning to page 3 right this minute. God bless! ab
I just finished going through the whole thread reading most of the testimonies. I should have done it before I posted mine!   :) They are all good testimonies though I was really moved by some of them. I had to fight back the tears! God is good and His mercy endures forever!  

[This message has been edited by adventbeliever (edited 02-17-2001).]

Dugald T Lewis MD

• Moderator at Rest
    • http://www.drdugaldlewis.com
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #182 on: February 17, 2001, 01:54:00 PM »
Dear AB,

Great to have to here with us. I believe that your testimony will be helpful to many who are trying to cut through the fog that the enemy has placed on the truth that God has entrusted to His church.

I am thankful that you are posting and look forward to your help with the fortification of truth among the remnant.

Sincerely
Dugald

adventbeliever

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #183 on: February 17, 2001, 10:16:00 PM »
Brother Dugald! I thank the Lord for your encouraging words. It thrills my soul to be able to see eye to eye with the brethren. Is.52:8. Its good to be here! God bless! ab

Filipe Reis

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #184 on: February 19, 2001, 11:21:00 AM »
Dear friends!
I'll be quite short this time. Just to say hello, and that the e-mail address that i provided you, concerning our new Pedroso church, was wrong: the correct one is:
depcompedroso@net.sapo.pt
Please, feel free to e-mail us with your prayings and messages. Thank you.
From Portugal, Filipe Reis.

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #185 on: February 20, 2001, 05:40:00 AM »
Thank you, Brother Filipe!  May the Lord continue to bless your labours!  :)

Richard

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

DavidTBattler

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #186 on: March 06, 2001, 09:51:00 PM »
A Little Thing That Meant A Lot!

Some would think this isn't such a big thing; but for my employment; I do handyman work such as drywall, tiling, carpentry, etc.

My finances are a bit shaky due to some hard times last year; and today as I was working on a commercial office project, I dropped my prize possession on the floor by accident, and it literally fell to pieces!  I had just bought this drill on sale for $100.00, and this was really unusual for such a short fall.

The tragedy lay in the fact that I really needed this drill, (it was a special kind), to do my job), and I couldn't afford to buy another one.

I was concerned that the store where I bought it would not want to replace it, as I had recently filed away the receipt and would not be able to produce it.

Well, I took this to the Lord in prayer, and at the end of the day; I decided to go to the store and speak with the manager about it to see if he could do anything.

I had my two sons with me, and I had explained the situation to them before I talked to the manager.  Can you imagine our surprise and delight when we were led to the drill section, and then handed a brand new drill worth $40.00 more than the old one?!  

It is a lovely machine, much better than the old one!  I will look forward to building a few walls with it tomorrow!

I don't know how God does what He does; but I am glad He does!    :)  (thankyou Lord for being concerned about all the "little things" that concern us).

------------------
"...We believe that through the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, we shall be saved..."  (Acts 15:11).

Your brother in Christ

David T. Battler

[This message has been edited by DavidTBattler (edited 03-06-2001).]

DavidTBattler

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #187 on: March 06, 2001, 10:06:00 PM »
Hello adventbeliever

I really appreciated your testimony above...in particular, the quote from Patriarchs And Prophets...

You have identified one of the key concepts of evangelism/spiritual warfare:

"Gather up the strongest, affirmative statements, regarding the Atonement made by Christ for the sins of the world.  Show the necessity for this Atonement."  (Ev.187).

------------------
"...We believe that through the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, we shall be saved..."  (Acts 15:11).

Your brother in Christ

David T. Battler

Joan Rügemer

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #188 on: March 06, 2001, 10:32:00 PM »
I rejoice with you David, that this replaced drill has come to you out of the kindness of the Lord's heart for you  :)  You knew what you couldn't afford a new one and trusted your God to take care of your need. Praise Him! He sure does use these moments of emergency to show how he supplies all our needs in His beloved.

I'm glad you shared
..Joan..

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #189 on: March 07, 2001, 06:04:00 AM »
God is GOOD!!  :)  He does provide for our needs as we wait upon Him.  Thanks for sharing, Brother David.

Richard

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Howard

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #190 on: March 13, 2001, 09:53:00 AM »
ok Joan, Richard, anyone else? I will be sober about this. First of all after scanning throughthis page, I can see evidence that God not only works on big miracles, but loves us enough to see the importance of little one as well. Get out your bibles. (Not the one Ellen White wrote, But the one God wrote) usually reprinted by Zondervan or someone. I am happy for those of you who have had inspirational miracles happen. Can anyone tell me about the first little miracle in the bible? After all I believe it is the little ones that add up to some pretty big numbers. Please post here when you know what it is. I have had a lot of miracles happen in my life, I could name a few but to name all of them?, Well let's say I'm sure you don't want to read at least a whole page on just me. The best miracle that ever happened to me was my wife. She is the epitamy of everything i wished for when I was growing up. I prayed all the time in my heart of hearts that if I didn't die before hand, that God would send me a woman who would keep me on the Christian path. A woman whom I could have children with, a good paying job to support them with, and a stable house in which we all could live. Honest. And God provided me with Wendy F. (L), two boys,and a little girl. Imagine that Seven little miracles that added up to a happpier life that i other wise would have never had if i hadn't come to Jesus with it all those years back.
Howard
---------
Selah

Joan Rügemer

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #191 on: March 13, 2001, 10:21:00 AM »
 Smiles from me to you Howard   :)

The banner of your love you hoisted for the woman to your side has brighten my eyes in wonderment that such men who write praise like you did are still being produced in USA.
Thank you...and may your tribe increase!

Your life in God, your wife and three kids, a job, and a home are the seven miracles come true. The Jehovah Jirah be praised !

~~~
Joan
~~~

[This message has been edited by Joan Rügemer (edited 03-13-2001).]

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #192 on: March 13, 2001, 07:54:00 PM »
Brother Howard, go ahead and make our day!  You can go for two pages if you like.  :) Testimonies of what God has done for His people will encourage us all!! And, some today are reading these that need a great blessing!

Richard

Howard

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #193 on: March 14, 2001, 09:38:00 AM »
The Game: Did any of you figure out the answer?  It was Cain. Cain was the first little miracle. Then came Abel. Of course as with the good came the bad and Satan knowing Gods plan to populate the earth decided to try and populate it with his seeds. Abel could have done many wonders to rectify what And and Eve had done. I believe that because why else would Satan have convinced Cain to kill him? Sure there were a lot of percieved reasons for Cain to be jealous, but Cains anger came from not submitting to God's will in offering his sacrifice. He wanted to do it his way instead of God's way. (Sound familiar?) Satan took advantage of that and had him take pride and kill Abel. And again, God being the loving God that He is, took pity on Cain and instead of killing Him, sent him out from all that he knew to start somewhere else. And of course as God said, you meant it for evil, I meant it for good.What a payment for sin. Imagine what would have happened if Abel had ben able to have kids what they would have been like. I feel like Cain sometimes. I was born the last of four and felt the jealousy and bitterness toward my family growing up. God I'm sure withheld some of the potential reward because of some of the things that I did in my life. But........ the role is played out yet again because God still looked out for me much like He did for Cain. I should have died for some of the things I did, but instead God chose to remove me from all that I knew and planted me in a foreign land. Like Cain, I went through a lot of struggling in the new land, but ultimately God gave me something good. Read the story again if you have already read it. It is amazing.
Howard
-----------
Selah

[This message has been edited by Howard (edited 03-14-2001).]

Sherri Hamann

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #194 on: March 15, 2001, 02:54:00 AM »
Good morning to all!

I have to post a praise, because for the first time since last Thursday, my sweet Katie is waking up with NO fever.  Yesterday she did not 'get sick' one time...and God has kept all of us calm and sober, plus has helped us find two wonderful doctors who not only know medicine, they know that God is is in control...what a blessing!!

Even though the way is not yet clear, I praise God because HE is still God, NO MATTER what state of turmoil or joy my life happens to be in at any given moment.  He is sure and faithful.  I just continue to be amazed and blessed and comforted (right now really comforted) by that fact.  I am secure in His hand.  He IS, and will continue to be...

Thank you all for your prayers and concern!

Sherri

Wendy

• http://www.megspace.com/religion/cainan/
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #195 on: March 15, 2001, 02:20:00 PM »
amen  :)

------------------
WendyL ~ Maranatha!:)

Howard

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #196 on: March 15, 2001, 03:08:00 PM »
Sherri- I am new to this forum and hadn't read all the testimonies. I am yet humbled again by the wondrous nature our Lord has to commit miracles like this. Truly you are blessed.

Liane H

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #197 on: March 15, 2001, 06:24:00 PM »
Hi Sherri:

Praise be to our God. It is a wonder that so few know, because they have not acted on their faith receive so few blessings. I am glad to hear the good news, but you will be on my mind and in my prayers.

I just got an e-mail from Clive about Tammy Jo. You all remember her. She is getting well, but still is in need of medical help and care. Her parents are quoted as knowing that it was the answer of all our prayers that has helped her the most and the family. Please remember this little girl.

Liane

Liane, the Zoo Mama
Romans 8:19   For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #198 on: March 15, 2001, 08:33:00 PM »
Sister Sherri, thank you for sharing that encouraging testimony!  :)  God is GOOD!!  You have been a blessing to us as you have shared your faith and God's blessing. Give our love to Katie, Jeff, and Doug.  :)

Richard

Wendy

• http://www.megspace.com/religion/cainan/
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #199 on: March 16, 2001, 02:31:00 PM »
Liane~

That's good to know.  :)

------------------