Author Topic: Personal Testimonies  (Read 109132 times)

Filipe Reis

• http://
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #120 on: October 07, 2000, 05:42:00 PM »
Dear brothers and sisters! It's a privilege to write some words again in this lovely forum. My only sadness it that I can't do it more often, dued to my very busy life, nowadays.
Let me tell you aal how He's been nice to me. Each day I feel Him trying to lead me, and blessing me, preparing me for the last days of the Earth's history. My life is going better and better. I've started a new job this late month, wich is proving to be very good for me, in all ways. I'm not gonna tell you why, that's not important. What relly matters here, is that I'm most sure that was God that led me to that place! I've done no big effort to be there, but He has worked for me. I only had to ask Him...
In these last day, God has showed me one more thing He can do: the youth group in our church is spiritually growing! We're starting now our project "Little Groups", (remember I told you about it?) and the results are already coming. In my group, some people cry when they pray! We feel His presence, and it was like we were flying in our way to heaven! This is good for all, and personaly it's just another blessing God has been giving me. And, these last weeks, came to the church a friend of ours, who didn't came for some years, to join our group. Plus, few weeks ago, I was talking to a friend, Jorge Sousa, who is about to be baptized soon. We were talking about Jesus coming is the clouds, holding us, showing us His hands, and he just said: "Hey, man! I can never see the time to be baptized! There's nothing I want more at the moment!" What a thrill to hear such words from a person I knew less thab two years ago, who is now a great friend! By the way, pray for Jorge Sousa. His family is not adventist. He might get some dificulties at home (the family's OK with him, but you know how it works...), but if we ask God to help him, it will be better for him. In our lovely friendship, me and Sofia (my girlfriend) use to call him son. You can see how deeply I want Jesus to hold him for the rest of his life. Beeing a witness to all this wonders God has been doing in my friend's life, is considered by me, another blessing!
When I think of you all, out there, far away from me, I think: Wow, how will it be when I get to hugh all these friends I could never see their faces, in this land? I remember dear Laurie lots of times. Sometimes I say to the ones I'm talking to: I know a very special person in Canada, who was very ill, but accepted Jesus for ever. He will be free from sin one day just like us! I can't imagine what I'll feel when I see you my brother. We will walk together in those garden, we'll worship our Father forever, and no one will keep us from seeing eachother...
I'd like to say to all the people who read this: you can not find a single promisse in the Bible that failled! Not even one! To me, this means that Jesus' promisse of coming to pick us up to His house won't miss to!
When you get a clear night, look up at the sky, far from your sight. Imagine a little gray hand sized cloud, coming closer and closer! The middle starts to shine more and more, and finnaly, you see Jesus telling you: Come on! It's time you join me forever! My pray is that we can all hear Him say that very soon. I'm sure He won't miss His word. No, He'll be there...
From Portugal, this little, sometimes unknown, country in western Europe, I can see a huge ocean separating us. In heaven there'll be no separations...  
I'll be going now. Tomorrow, sunday the 8th October, I'm joining my friends from church again. Soon, by the power of Jesus, I'll join you too, in New Jerusalem.
If you allow me, I'd like to make a little pray in portuguese.
Querido Jesus! Que bom foi escrever estas palavras aqui neste forum. Que alegria que sinto ao ver que continuas a dirigir Teu povo rumo a Canaa celestial. Em meio a problemas, dificuldades, ai estas tu agarrando-nos pela mao e dizendo: Eu vou-te salvar! Te quero agradecer por tudo de bom que nos das, e tantas coisas sao. Te suplico que abencoes muito os Teus filhos que aqui participam. Que seja este um meio de nos chagarmos mais junto de ti, e que almas honestas se entreguem a Ti enquanto ha tempo. Tudo Te peco no nome de Teu filho amado Jesus Cristo.
Dear friends, keep your faith in Jesus. I want to see you all, when He comes to pick us up...
Filipe Reis, Serzedo, Portugal.

Richard Myers

• Servant
  • Grace, more than a word, it is transforming power
    • The Remnant Online
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #121 on: October 07, 2000, 07:45:00 PM »
Brother Filipe, good to hear from you! And, to know that God is leading in your life.  :)

Your testimony will lift us all a little closer to heaven. Jesus is coming soon; His promises will not fail. We rejoice with you over our brother, Jorge. We send our love and our prayers and do look forward to meeting all in heaven, soon if not before.  All are not across the Atlantic. We have members in England, Germany, Norway and many reading from all around the world. And....you know there are many faithful brothers and sisters even in the other churches who will soon be joining our happy throng as we prepare to receive Jesus!  :)

Keep us posted of your continued ministry there in Portugal, Brother Filipe.  :)

In His love and grace,    Richard

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Joan Rügemer

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #122 on: October 08, 2000, 03:13:00 AM »
 Blessings and love of our Lord Jesus to my Portugal Brother Filipe,

Originally born and raised American, I've been here in Germany for many decades now. Thank you for learning English language so well. Without it being the medium to reach out to one another I would not have had this wonderful joy seeing the Christ I love also in you. Do please take more time when you can to write more on this forum about what the believers are experiencing there in Portugal where you are.

Please give word of my love and heartfelt respect to Brother José Carlos Da Costa if you are at some meeting where he is in charge. He was our guest speaker on a Maranatha training week. He will remember me if you mentioned it was the meeting with Pastors Roberto Arnolds and Ernst Pala (from Austria). He stayed at Br. Arnolds house which was in walking distance to the daily meeting place.

Your sister in Christ....
Joan Rügemer

[This message has been edited by Joan Rügemer (edited 07-21-2003).]

Liane H

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #123 on: October 08, 2000, 08:45:00 AM »
Dear Brother Filipe:

You will be in my prayers and for your friend as well.  

Reading your words, made we want to go home right now to be with Jesus. The words lifted my soul to heaven itself.

Someday we will be there, but there are so many souls, like your friend, that still need to learn of Jesus and the special truths He wants us to know, so that we can be with Him in heaven.

The days are numbered, but there is still time to tell the world of His love.  Please write more if you can, your words are so precious to my mind.

Liane

Liane, the Zoo Mama
Romans 8:19   For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Allan F

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #124 on: October 13, 2000, 12:13:00 PM »
I just want to thank God for my new job. For one year I will be working at the Norwegian Bible Institute (similar to the Voice of Prophecy in US). I am thankful to God that he has given me this opportunity to work for him. Every day I come in contact with people who are searching for God and truth. I really feel the need of Gods help in this job. Especially what to say, and how and when to say it. Our goal at NBI is to make the student take as many courses as possible, so that he has a good foundation to make a decission on. Often people start with taking courses in archeology or health- and familiy courses. Then we invite them to more bible related courses, such as Daniel, Revelation, and other courses that we offer.
In this way we may have students with us over a long period of time. And when a student decides to give his life to God, it is our "pay day" at the Institute. Nothing is more encouraging than this.
Many students have special experiences with God, and I would like to share some of this, later.
Today there are ca. 1000 students taking courses, but our goal is much higher.

Brothers and sisters. More and more people are searching for something they don't have. People are longing for love, peace and happiness. The world can (at best) only give us outward happiness. Only God can give us true love, true peace and true happiness. This is what the world need to know. And to experience!

Allan F

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #125 on: October 14, 2000, 07:01:00 AM »
Brother Allan, happy Sabbath!  Good to hear the great news!  :)

It is also good to know that the NBI has such men as you working there. It gives us all encouragement each time we hear of such blessings in our ministries around the world. There is so much more going on that we do not know of. God is preparing a people in ways we know not.

Please do share some of the blessings you witness. It will do much for us all as we hear of the power of God's grace upon the human heart. There are some who are ready to perish and these testimonies will be just what is needed to lift them above the temptations and sorrows of this world.

It is always good to hear from our brother in Norway. We share in your happiness with your new work and pray the Lord's blessing upon it!  :)

Jesus receives His reward when we reflect His character, the fruits of the Spirit......We deny Jesus His reward when we do not.

Allan F

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #126 on: October 14, 2000, 12:20:00 PM »
Thank you so much, brother Richard  :)

Liane H

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #127 on: October 14, 2000, 12:41:00 PM »
Dear Brother Allen:

I am so happy you have gotten your new job and it must be a very fulfilling and interesting work.

Teaching people about Jesus, watching them grow, seeing them understand the Word Of God and how it applies to their lives is most rewarding.  

Evangelism was the major work of our Saviour, and should be ours as well. We may not get the opportunity to do it as a living, but we all can find ways in our lives to tell people about Jesus.

You will bea added to my prayer list and your continued work for our Lord.

Liane  

Liane, the Zoo Mama
Romans 8:19   For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Laurie Mosher

• There is a place of quiet rest
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #128 on: October 14, 2000, 04:22:00 PM »
Hi Brother Allen, I too am happy for your new job. Let's ALL lift each other UP in prayer. Brother Felipe, I pray for you daily, and thanks for being MY friend!

------------------
Keep "the" faith,BUT pass it around!

Bro. Laurie

Keep "the" Faith,  Brother Laurie

theo

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #129 on: November 08, 2000, 08:29:00 AM »
Hello everyone. Since I am a new member, I thought I would post my testimony.      

This past Jan. I was rebaptized into the church. I had been out of the church for the past 20 years-since high school. I was raised as an adventist, my dad was an adventist pastor. The environment I was raised in was very dictatorial, lots of "adventist" rules and regulations, lots of EGW, but somehow very little genuine christian love. Naturally my image of God became misconstrued and I rebelled. I started using drugs and alcohol in high school(academy), that continued into my adult years. Along the way I married my wife who had been my college sweetheart. She has been truly a blessing from God as throughout all of my difficulties she remained faithful to God and to the church(God gives us what we need even when we don't deserve it).

Throughout all of this I never really questioned the existence of God but just figured he wasn't for me. I managed to quit using drugs in my 20's but continued using alcohol and tobacco. last fall someone in the church gave me a copy of the mill. of prophecy tapes by doug batchelor and I watched them and really enjoyed them. I felt I needed to make a firm decision one way or the other. I decided I wanted to know God and made the decision to commit my life to Him and get rebaptized.

At the time I was still chewing tobacco.  I had quit drinking some time before. stopping drinking was easy, I learned to hate it, but stopping tobacco had been impossible for me. I had tried for years to quit without success. I prayed to God and told him that I had been unsuccessful in stopping and in all honesty I knew I needed to quit but didn't really want to. Well, the next day a very amazing thing happened to me, I got amnesia about chewing. I know this sounds strange but I literally had no memory of using tobacco. That first day of trying to quit had always been my doom. I am convinced that God gave me amnesia that first day. I have not touched the stuff since(almost 1 year ago).

Well, needless to say I was excited and thanking God about Him giving me the power to quit but when God starts to work in your life the devil doesn't like it. The next week I started suffering from severe depression and anxiety-at a time when I had been looking forward with more hope than I had ever had. I was attacked with feelings and thoughts I had never had before. Thoughts like there is no God, This is all just a hoax, suicidal thoughts, feeling like it was too late for me. Sataan attacked me severely and I started fighting a spiritual battle that I cannot adequately describe to you. It was intense. I started praying like I have never prayed before, constantly, at times almost all day. It was a terrible experience, but I had nothing to hang on to but God. (I now have a new appreciation for the story of jacob wrestling with God). Towards the end of all this, at a time when I was really confused and wondering what I was supposed to do, something amazing happened. It was about 1am and I was having trouble sleeping, I had gotten up for a drink of water and when I got back in to bed and turned off the light I got an impression to read psalms 31. I got my bible and read it. Ps. 31 is a prayer for faith in difficult times. Amazing I thought, God is speaking to me. I thought this was pretty neat. I turned the light off and went back to bed. Immediatly  got an impression to read Ps. 51. I got up and read it, it is a prayer of repentance. I turned off the light to go back to bed and again I got an impression to read Matt.24. This is the chapter on the time of the end and the time of trouble. This puzzled me. I went back to bed and once more I got an impression to read Ez. 36. This is a chapter about israel coming home but specifically: v25. then I will sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.v26. A new heart also will I give you: and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. v27. and I will put my spirit within you, and cause   you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgements and do them.

At first I didn't understand all of this but over the next several days I read these chapters over and over until I understood. God was telling me I needed to have faith and repentance, God would then bring me through my time of trouble and give me a new heart and a new spirit. And He has. I can't tell you how encouraging and powerful this experience has been for me. Over the next several weeks the same thing happened to me only with the book, Desire of Ages. I would be feeling discouraged and I would get an impression to read some page or pages in the DA. These pages would have direct answeres to what I was struggling with.(this answered my question as to whether or not the SOP is inspired). God gives us what we need.

Well God brought me through the tough times. Since then I have been through the bible twice and have been studying the SDA doctrines for myself(motivated by all the controversy in the church), and am convinced of the foundation of our movement. I feel that God is leading me and that I need to continue to be prayful and open to his leading. I feel time is very short and  we need to dig deeper and develop a spiritual base that is unshakable. I have personally felt the wrath of our adversary and what lies ahead I don't think any of us can imagine. I have also experienced the power and victory of our Master and as tough as what lies ahead he has assured us of victory if we continue in faith and repentance.

May God bless each one of us in the days ahead.

------------------
theo

theo

Joan Rügemer

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #130 on: November 08, 2000, 09:02:00 AM »
Prayer :

"Thank you Jesus that Theo has come to this forum on your leading. I am so impressed with how You spoke to him, cleansed his mind by leading him to absorb the inspiration of the words of truth in bible readings, how you touched his mind that the habit of tabacco stopped, and how you put a new spirit of loving you whole heartly into his soul. I praise you for this possibility through this testimony of seeing the working of your victorious power in a person's life who submits to the wooing of Your Spirit and will.
God be praise and the Glory is His, for He is more powerful over all addiction and practices of sin !!
Amen.

(Joan)

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #131 on: November 08, 2000, 02:34:00 PM »
Thank you for sharing your testimony of God's love and power in your life, Brother Theo!  :)

It is an encouragement to us who have read it. God is indeed GOOD!  :)  He loves us and draws us with cords of love. Hang on to Him and He will see you through. By reading The Desire of Ages daily we are beholding Jesus, and by beholding Him we are given power to obey Him.  :)

We look forward to more of your posts.

Richard

Dugald T Lewis MD

• Moderator at Rest
    • http://www.drdugaldlewis.com
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #132 on: November 08, 2000, 07:22:00 PM »
Dear Brother Theo,

I thank God tonight for your testimony of God's wonderful love. It will be an inspiration to others of His leading in your life. The more you talk of His love, the more there is to talk about. Welcome to TRO.

Sincerely
Dugald

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #133 on: November 11, 2000, 05:59:00 PM »
The harvest field is white. Multitudes have never heard the message of God's love. Last week I had opportunity to talk about Jesus quite a bit. One individual in particular was a great blessing.  I had asked what he thought of the election results. He started conversing and it gave me the opportunity to agree with him about the condition of our nation and how things could change quite a bit if Bush won the presidency. We were getting along quite well on our "common ground".

I then decided to tell him I could not vote for Bush because of my concern over the push for breaking down the wall of separation between church and state. I asked if he read the Bible very much and he said no, but that he was a Jew. He was a very nice man and a very successful business man. I was discussing some business with him in his home. I decided that God was opening his heart to hear the truth about what was going on behind the scenes and I told him about Mrs. Dole expressing her husband's support for legislation banning work on Sunday four years ago. I told him the Bible spoke of the United States passing a national Sunday law. Being a Jew, he was interested. I told him I would bring him some reading material on the subject.  :) He was quite interested and would have continued the conversation, but I believed enough was said.

How many more are just like him? Waiting for the truth to be shared? Multitudes. May God lead us to them and may He open their hearts to receive the truth.

Liane H

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #134 on: November 11, 2000, 07:03:00 PM »
Theo:

Thank you for your testimony. Your victory over these things and the relationship that Jesus used to reach and touch you greatly touched me.  

God does talk to us.  Not always in the same way, but he does. God uses whatever Satan puts at our steps for His glory.  We just need to make the right choice.  You did. And a wonderful thing happened, it transformed you in ways you probably never dreamed of.

Your testimony is a witness of God and His goodness, that no matter where we are or what we have done, He wants us still.  

What a wonderful God we have. Thank you again and I look forward to seeing your words written throughout TRO. I know you will be a blessing to us all.

Liane

Liane, the Zoo Mama

Filipe Reis

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #135 on: November 17, 2000, 09:16:00 AM »
Hello dear friends! I'd like to salute you all, specialy because it's already Sabbath day in Portugal: 6.10 pm, 17th November!
After some time, here I am again to tell you more news about God's work in here. As you might remember, I asked you, along with other reasons, to pray for the new Pedroso church, programmed to start next year. We are working very hard to see everything ready. But, there were some important details to be furfiled.
Well, there is a big new: next 13th January, the portuguese adventist union president, Pastor Mario Brito, is coming with his staff, to our little church to establish it officialy as a new adventist church in Portugal! This is so good for us! We'll be able to open ths church just as planned!
here goes my appreciation for your prays, and God's answer to them. Thank you indeed! The new members were thrilled when it was anounced that through the world, there were brothers and sisters praying for our 40/50 people group.
Dispite many problems the enemy was able to cause, there's God's hand working again. No doubt, your prays have reached heaven!
We will most certainly work hard for the development of our church, and when we meet in heaven, I'll be very happy to hugh you all and be with you and Jesus forever!
From Portugal, Filipe Reis.

Wendy

• http://www.megspace.com/religion/cainan/
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #136 on: November 17, 2000, 03:08:00 PM »
That's wonderful!  :)

------------------
Maranatha!:)

WendyL ~ Maranatha!:)

Liane H

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #137 on: November 17, 2000, 03:17:00 PM »
Hello Filipe:

So good to hear from you again.  How exciting that the union president will be coming to your new church. I wish I could be there in person to see your wonderful new church.  God has blessed your effort and your congregation.  

Indeed prayers do work here in TRO, I know from experience.

Keep us posted as your church story procgresses.  I look forward to reading your posts.  

It will be Sabbath for me in about an hour. How our Lord has blessed us with such a wonderful day.  So many miss the true beauty of God's gift to us.  A space of time in which we can rest in Him and be blessed.

Thanks again for keeping us informed of your church.  

Liane

Liane, the Zoo Mama

Richard Myers

• Servant
    • The Remnant Online
Personal Testimonies
« Reply #138 on: November 17, 2000, 07:39:00 PM »
Brother Filipe, happy Sabbath!  :)

It is good to hear from you! and that the Pedroso Church has been blessed by our Lord. We share in your joy! May God bless the work of our brothers and sisters in Portugal, that you all may be a light that will point all to Jesus Christ as the solution for ALL of our problems!  :)

Let us press together to hasten the SOON coming of our Lord!

Filipe Reis

Personal Testimonies
« Reply #139 on: December 10, 2000, 02:14:00 PM »
Dear friends and future heavenly family! Also, a special hello to dear brother Laurie, who I remember lots of times! I cam never forget our first meeting at the old forum at adventist.org!
I'm just arriving from our soon to come new Pedroso church, where we had our weekly meeting. It was very good, because we talked about the relation that there must be between all the members of the new church. In my way home, I've decided to come here to tell you some more details about it.
I had told you that Pastor Mario Brito will be coming next 13th january to officialize our new church. Well, there has been a change and he'll be here the 20th of January. It's just one more week.
When I entered the temple today, I saw how the work in been doing in that little house: the altar (don't know if this is the correct word...) is almost ready, the stained glass windows are all ready, the entrance is now very charming, and some other stuff is beeing well arranged.
I thought you might be happy to hear this: it means that your prayings are working! God is answering all our requests.
But, what I really wabt to tell you is this: we had our first visitor! Someone, who I don't know yet, came to hear Brother Fernando's sermon! Shouldn't this be a sign from God and a reason to thank Him? The church is not officially open yet, and we already had someone not adventist who came to join us!
Lets hope this man comes more times, and with him many others. I count on you prays, as always!
We feel to be working the way He wants us to do. Sure we will do mistakes, we're humans, but with His lead, the new Pedroso church will be a mean to put more souls in heaven. Then, we'll all join there.

I'll also take the chance to shortly tell you a little experience. Each week I help Canelas church's Comunications Director, Jorge Silva, to create our weekly Informative Bulletin. This makes me very happy, but the enemy doesn't like it. He's been trying to trick me, not allowing me to do this. Sometimes he gets my PC in trouble, other times it's the internet connection that fails with no reason, and so on. as he saw that he couldn't drag me out of God's work, Friday the 1st December, my Pc was hit by a flash of lightning. My scanner, my printer, my sound devices, all was spared except... my PC, it didn't worked. I saw clearly that is was the enemy who didn't wanted me to work for our Father. But, he does not scares me! I prayed, i trusted Him again, and nothing seems to be bad today! All my PC's functions are good! This week, I'll help Jorge again!
Let me tell you all: IF YOU LET JESUS LEAD THE WAY, TRUST HIM, AND DO WHAT HE ASKS, THE ENEMY DOESN'T STAND A CHANCE! I'M NOT AFRAID OF THE PRINCE OF DARKNESS BECAUSE THE PRINCE OF LIGHT IS ALWAYS HOLDING ME!
Dear brothers and sisters, I wish us to be all together when He comes to pick us up!
From Portugal, your brother Filipe Reis.